Brigid is the COO of Help One Now and a recent newlywed who talks about leadership, impacting 100,000 families, and asking for donations. We talk about how good things get done and the power of getting curious.
Help One Now empowers families in developing countries through high-capacity local leaders with proven solutions to end extreme poverty.
Help One Now works in
- Dominican Republic
We briefly talk about the impact of the assassination of the president of Haiti. They are responding in an emergency effort to provide for those impacted. Haiti Emergency Relief 2021
Every $1 provides 1 meal and every $500 provides food, shelter, and safety for a family.
- Haiti’s President, Jovenel Moïse, was assassinated in the early morning of July 7th.
- The assassination was an “acute on chronic” event, meaning it has taken an ongoing problem and made it exponentially worse.
- Haiti is still under a state of siege. International news is focusing only on the ongoing investigation into the assassination, rather than the escalation of suffering and danger to vulnerable communities because of the instability and rise of gang violence.
- Haiti relies heavily on its imported goods to meet the daily needs of its people. There has already been a fuel and food shortage, and all indicators show that this will only continue to grow due to gang control of the streets and ports.
- There are over 20,000 families who have been displaced and completely lost everything due to gang violence. The immediate priority for these families will be food, shelter, and safety to get through this time.
- The leaders we partner with, and their teams are utilizing connections through local pastors and partners in these communities to ensure they can reach families and deliver aid to them. They are working to create an intake system for families to quickly and accurately assess their specific needs.
- The leaders we partner with on the ground are responding in a way that only they can. They are acting immediately to ensure the health and protection of vulnerable families in their communities.
Brigid shares some of the businesses that they have launched to help people provide for themselves and earn an average of 400% increase in their household income.
What is Girls Who Do Stuff?
Come as you are with the courage to speak up and tell a better story. A raw and real podcast from two courageous women making an impact in their communities by helping guests share their unique stories.
Your hosts Jenny and Sarah are soul sisters with a passion for creating a space for authentic storytelling. Their guests will make you laugh, cry, and leave you with all-the-feels while you learn from thought leaders like entrepreneurs, influencers, coaches, real estate moguls, speakers, reality stars, and creative geniuses.