What does long-term growth look like for DTC brands? How can businesses focus on profitability beyond the initial sale and into the next 3, 6, or even 9 months? It’s not always easy for cash-hungry startups, but it’s vital for sustainable scaling.
Kohlman Verheyen’s work with Bambu Earth is a great case study for combining metrics with genuine customer connections. Kohlman digs into their founder-first approach, the success they’ve had with product bundles, and the communication plan they use to grow their base of fanatical brand loyalists.
- This episode is best enjoyed after Kristen’s interview with Taylor Holiday
- Working with a (really, really) long post-purchase email flow
- Bundled products can be great play for a higher LTV
- Here are a few fantastic emails to explore from Bambu Earth:
- And because the team at Common Thread and ADmission is so amazing, click here to access the copy of
Bambu Earth's Welcome, Browse Abandonment, and Post-Purchase Flow Examples
- Putting the founder and brand story front-and-center in messaging
- How to match ad spend to payback windows
- Who (or what) is the real end user of your product?
- Using Calendly and Google Events for personalized customer connections
What is Playing for Keeps?
Retaining customers has never been more important for eCommerce businesses. Join Kristen LaFrance, eCommerce retention specialist and head of community at Churn Buster, as she interviews guests from the top subscription businesses to learn how the best in the DTC space are retaining customers. If you're growing a subscription based business, running a subscribe and save program on your site, or just plain interested in hearing stories from the top DTC businesses, Playing for Keeps is for you.