Council approved the tower on two single family home lots in Oliver and OK'd the contingency plan for the Metro Line signalling system. Edmonton also has an Access Without Fear policy now. Plus, provided you're 10m away from a door or window, we also have a toke without fear policy.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Grandin-area tower The View goes to next step after public hearing
- Edmonton city council OKs 23-storey tower for small lot in Oliver
- Take two: Council votes a second time for 10-metre ban on smoking cannabis and tobacco
- St. Albert bans consuming cannabis in public
- City unveils four concepts for future redevelopment of Exhibition Lands
- Edmonton Exhibition Lands
- Survey on the four concepts - open until September 30
- Edmonton city council approves 'sanctuary city' status to aid undocumented immigrants
- Coun. Sarah Hamilton calls out colleague for 'grand-standing' on sanctuary cities
- Calgary: City council a lonely place for Jeromy Farkas
What is Speaking Municipally?
Taproot Edmonton presents a weekly discussion on key stories in municipal politics. We pay attention to City Council so you don't have to! Join us as we delve into conversations about the context surrounding decisions made at City Hall.