Today's guest is Paul Jarvis. Paul is an author, designer, online course creator, and podcaster. Paul has been a freelancer since the 90's and, though he has transitioned completely to products, he still keeps everything extremely simple. His newest project is a SaaS called Pico - https://ohpico.com.
- How he picks his projects
- Keeping things simple
- Starting a business when you don’t know how to run a business
- Leaving freelancing for product creation and book writing
- Productivity and batching
- Having a skill-set is great but you have to learn how to run a business skills as well.
- Getting clients who need more than one project can help fill your sales funnel without a lot of additional marketing or sales efforts.
- Tie your payments to deliverables and not timelines.
- Create evergreen content and repurpose it. It can remove a ton of the stress of feeling like you always need to be creating something new.
Important Mentions in this Episode
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.