In The Big Leap, New York Times bestselling author Gay Hendricks reveals a simple yet comprehensive program for overcoming our one barrier to happiness and fulfillment, providing a clear path for achieving our true potential and attaining not only financial success but also success in love and life.
Get The Big Leap!
The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear & Take Life to the Next Level
Hendricks demonstrates how to go beyond our internal limits, release outdated fears and learn a whole new set of powerful skills and habits to liberate your authentic greatness.
In this episode, you’ll learn
- What an “Upper Limit Problem” is -- and how you are unconsciously activating your own Upper Limit Problem and keeping yourself from reaching your full potential and living in your Zone of Genius
- Why it’s important to address your upper limit problem
- What the Zones of Incompetence, Competence, Excellence and Genius are -- and why it’s worth taking a Big Leap from the lower zones into your own unique Zone of Genius
- How to find out if you are ready to live in your Zone of Genius; prime yourself for transcending your Upper Limit by asking yourself these 4 questions:
- Am I willing to increase the amount of time every day that I feel good inside?
- Am I willing to increase the amount of time that my whole life goes well?
- Am I willing to feel good and have my life go well all the time?
- Am I willing to take the Big Leap to my ultimate level of success in love, money, and creative contribution?
- The 4 fears that hold the Upper Limit Problem in place:
- Feeling fundamentally flawed
- Disloyalty & Abandonment
- Believing that More Success Brings a Bigger Burden
- The Crime of Outshining
- How certain behaviors -- like worrying, criticism & blame, deflecting, squabbling, and getting sick or hurt -- can be cues that you're hitting your own upper limit.
- How to identify your own Zone of Genius! Find out:
- What is my genius?
- How can I bring forth my genius in ways that serve others and myself at the same time?
- To understand the difference between Newtownian Time (scarcity; only so many hours in a day) and Einstein Time (time is relative!) to learn how to take ownership of your own time to propel you toward taking your Big Leap
- How to employ the “Enlightened No” -- saying no to anything that doesn’t serve your Zone of Genius
Discover your Zone of Genius and uncover your Upper Limit Problem
- Reveal the false beliefs that hold your own Upper Limit in place by asking yourself:
- In success: “I cannot expand to my full potential because…”
- In relationships: “I cannot enjoy abundant love and relationship harmony because…”
- In the financial realm: “I cannot expand to my full wealth potential because…
- Discover your Zone of Genius by asking yourself the 4 Genius Questions:
- What do I most love to do?
(I love it so much I can do it for long stretches of time without getting tired or bored.)
- What work do I do that doesn’t seem like work?
(I can do it all day long without ever feeling tired or bored.)
- In my work, what produces the highest ratio of abundance and satisfaction to amount of time spent?
(Even if I only do 10 seconds or a few minutes of it, an idea or deeper connection may spring forth that leads to huge value.)
- What is my unique ability?
(There’s a special skill I’m gifted with. This unique ability, fully realized and put to work, can provide enormous benefits to me and any organization I serve.)
- What do I most love to do?
Share your takeaways
What is Book Smart?
In each episode of Book Smart, co-hosts and personal development junkies Melissa and Em share what they learn and love from one of their favorite self-help books. Whether discussing the latest best-seller or a blast from the past -- on topics like happiness, success, habits, relationships, growth, and change -- Book Smart is here to help you read your way to a better you.