Pete/GM: Item 11, afterwards recategorized as patient 68 dash x. This entry cannot be substantiated with an accordant specimen. Indeed, you, future researcher, must labor with a meager description of what this researcher observed. When the specimen was collected, it was a neatly bound bundle of brown hair wrapped tightly with a piece of black wire. Later when I asked an assistant to bring it to me as part of the interview process with the patient, observational calculus, the bundle of hair crumbled to dust, the assistant's palm before my eyes. This obviously caused some amount of consternation in the room, and I like to think I would have masked my alarm quite well if it were not for what happened next. Welcome to Ashen Snow.
Archedas/Varren: Man, just picking up weird hairballs, and at at least it's not teeth, man.
Aubrey/Freya: At least it's not.
Misfit/Mia: I don't know. I feel like it's all pretty creepy all the same.
Aubrey/Freya: Yeah. But it's still better.
Archedas/Varren: Terrible disintegrating weird man with teeth that definitely is going to something new.
Misfit/Mia: Is disintegrating, that means they have had it for a very, very long time. Whose hair was it? I have questions. Why did they have it?
Archedas/Varren: Well, we'll have to find out.
Misfit/Mia: No. We're about to get murdered.
Pete/GM: I don't know if it was a choice between, like, a bunch of hair because I have pulled a ton of hair out of, like, a clogged drain and finding, like, a sick a couple of teeth. I think that I prefer the teeth. They're just cleaner, less gross,
Archedas/Varren: but spooky. Oh, like loose loose I could get, but, like, just a dry ball of hair that someone has deliberately tied up. Like, that's that's not as bad.
Chris/Vin: Why do when we normally hear these openings, we are freaked out. Right? We're trying to distinguish it because this one, we're just trying to figure figure out the logic wise.
Aubrey/Freya: Usually, it's weird teeth that are leading towards cannibalism. This is just we got weird hair.
Archedas/Varren: Yeah. This one's far less so far because we need to hear more. Just less threatening as a people.
Misfit/Mia: Yeah. Yeah. I would agree with that. Yeah.
Archedas/Varren: Just like you walked into a barbershop and just like, hey. Look what I found.
Pete/GM: Yeah. I
Misfit/Mia: wouldn't be enthused if I found just, like, a clump of crusty, dusty, old hair in a barbershop and be like, do you clean in here?
Pete/GM: I mean,
Archedas/Varren: they didn't say it was crusty and dusty. It just said it was deliberately tied hair.
Pete/GM: Yeah.
Archedas/Varren: Probably know the tie was like a hairband on then someone just, like, clipped their ponytail off.
Misfit/Mia: Said it was like wire. You wouldn't wire your hair. I mean, okay.
Archedas/Varren: I have worked in my hair. Well, they don't have elastic back in this setting, so you gotta tie it somehow.
Pete/GM: Rubber is beyond.
Aubrey/Freya: But it's a theatrical wig. I don't know.
Pete/GM: In this world of magic, they can't possibly have hair ties.
Misfit/Mia: No. No. No. Not at
Archedas/Varren: all. Denied.
Pete/GM: We reemerge in a scene of calamity as our heroes are fighting desperately against Kameepo the Slim in his throne room. The battle has been tough so far with several of the party members going down. But so far, they're all still alive. But for how much longer? We reengage the battle with Konepo just starting his turn. He turns to Mia, says, surely you see how weak your friends are. They cannot protect you and I do not want to hurt you. Simply say the word and help me dispatch of them, And you shall be a queen of the night.
Misfit/Mia: With all disrespect, no. She, like, stomps her fight.
Pete/GM: Then watch as your friends die before you. The exact same scenario still happens. With that, he does a shadow pull on Freya.
Aubrey/Freya: Oh, I'm literally right in front of him too.
Pete/GM: Yes. You are. He is affecting you with, his shadow feed ability. So I need a fortitude save from you.
Aubrey/Freya: It's about normal.
Pete/GM: That is Or
Aubrey/Freya: a 5 on the dice for 12.
Pete/GM: Well, you are one point shy of it being a critical failure, so lucky you. However, you will still take 8 points of mental damage and be frightened one as part of your shadow is stripped away, and it feels as though your skin is being flayed. That is one of his actions. His second is to down one of his claws on you at full map, but he gets a natural one, So he misses you entirely. Next move is for Vinn.
Chris/Vin: Frey is still up. Yes. Yes. What is the rule for, like, dragging her out of the way? What what would the action economy be to try to interject myself between her and Konepo?
Pete/GM: Yeah. So I have looked this up before. You can carry someone as long as you have the, bulk to be able to do that. Medium creatures are 8 bulk, I wanna say, which many people who would even think about dragging other characters usually have available. So it's simply a matter of using a interact to grab them and then to move yourself with them to the place that you wanna go.
Chris/Vin: Right. So then that's gonna be my goal. I'm willing to take one action to stride, one action to interact, and move Freya, hopefully willingly, back a step and take my 3rd action to strike then. Okay. Interjecting myself between Freya and Konepo. I will bring this pull arm down and hope for better roles, for a critical miss. According to Foundry 3 plus 9 for 12.
Pete/GM: Yeah. 12 is not going to hit. Kineepo does not have reaction to that. So you are still fine, and we move over to Varen.
Archedas/Varren: Well, this man is seemingly just kind of able to get around wherever he needs to in the room. So trying to keep him in a good spot is kind of difficult. However, I can get myself into a good spot. He's pressed himself against a wall. So we're not gonna get any flanking unfortunately here. However, just kinda gonna see Vin rushing up. Have I given you encouraging words this fight, Vyn?
Chris/Vin: I don't believe so. You haven't had a lot of nice things to say to everybody
Pete/GM: so far.
Archedas/Varren: There. Just kinda brush up behind Vin, level the shot out, fire off a shot, and kind of gesture over to Vyn. We've got Makona at least. Keep on your feet. We should be able to deal with this. We're gonna go our attack roll first here, where a total will be 21 to hit.
Pete/GM: 21 is barely a miss, but still a miss.
Archedas/Varren: But then we're gonna give our diplomacy here to try and get Vyn some stamina back. I've already used it on Friday. Otherwise, you're in a kind of a bad state being already wounded. That's not gonna pass. It's a DC 15, only a, Bible to die, unfortunately. So
Chris/Vin: Vince still mad at you. It's not you. It's me.
Misfit/Mia: No. No. It's totally you.
Archedas/Varren: But that's the reactions. Move, try and shoot him, and try and pep Vin up a little bit.
Pete/GM: Alright then.
Archedas/Varren: Even if it's just out
Misfit/Mia: of spite.
Pete/GM: Next is Vynh as you see all of your friends flocking to your defense.
Misfit/Mia: I'm gonna go ahead and you for boating ward, forbidding ward, on bin. Ward an ally against an attack or hostile spell from the target's enemy. That target ally gains plus 1 to status bonus to armor class or saving throws against target's enemy strength, enemy attacks, spells, or other effects. Now you go, Finn. Do the thing.
Pete/GM: Okay. Vyn now has the effects of forbidding ward.
Chris/Vin: Vyn. Vyn has the effects.
Pete/GM: Vyn.
Archedas/Varren: Vyn has it.
Pete/GM: Did I say Veron again?
Misfit/Mia: Yes. Yeah.
Archedas/Varren: We really should have coordinated this of different, like, at least starting letter names. We're too far in now though.
Misfit/Mia: No. No. This is great. I love.
Pete/GM: Vin has forbidden ward now. Is that all of your actions?
Misfit/Mia: Yeah. I'm gonna back myself up over here ish and just kind of be in the back watching everything. And also, like, blinking a lot because my eye like, Mia's eyes are are getting really fuzzy, so it's really hard to tell what is who. Okay. It's just a lot of shadows at the moment. Gotcha. Freya. I
Aubrey/Freya: was moved last when then then I because I wasn't sure where I was being moved to or if
Chris/Vin: I would I would just push try to push you back. Just try to give you some Okay. System maneuver. It is I know.
Aubrey/Freya: Unfortunate that everything I do involves
Pete/GM: when you needed to be in melee.
Chris/Vin: Mechanically, it wasn't a great idea, but it it
Aubrey/Freya: Yeah. So it's like, I'm gonna have to spend an action to move back at the range.
Chris/Vin: I, you know, maybe have a ranged attack. Maybe I misjudged. I blame society and Florida, but that's a thing. That I have.
Misfit/Mia: Why why Florida? Hold on. Pause for the call.
Archedas/Varren: Okay. You can always
Misfit/Mia: blame Florida. That's fair. That's fair.
Archedas/Varren: I can say that I
Chris/Vin: live here.
Misfit/Mia: I do too.
Aubrey/Freya: So I am going to spend my first action to move back into melee range with Konepo as I, will use my other two actions to cast gouging claw. Unfortunately, I don't have the ashes to spell strike with it, but as my hand turns into the sort of the feral sort of claw, the nails, the long gate, and, you see the veins and I just sort of reach out to try and just slash at him. Okay?
Misfit/Mia: You just hear me in the back. You can do it. Whatever that was.
Aubrey/Freya: No. Have
Misfit/Mia: more faith in yourself.
Aubrey/Freya: You know what? I I really don't wanna go with this. I'm gonna spend my 1 hero point to reroll this because tired. Literally not any better, but at least it's not a critical miss.
Pete/GM: Yes. The first roll was a 10. Now it's 13. Unfortunately, both of those are failures, but, yeah. At least not a crit failure. So I believe that's all of your turn.
Aubrey/Freya: Frank, go away at the end of this turn or the turn following.
Archedas/Varren: Frank, you're going
Pete/GM: away at the end of your turn. It is now Kannipo's turn again. He is going to take a slim step back into the shadows.
Chris/Vin: Oh, come on.
Archedas/Varren: Of course,
Misfit/Mia: he is. I have a feeling. I know. I'm dumb. I was trying to not be dumb, and I ended up being really dumb.
Aubrey/Freya: That's the story of this kidnapping.
Misfit/Mia: That's the story of this.
Pete/GM: As you have to step out of a bit of wall with, the darkness appearing behind Mia. Earth wall
Archedas/Varren: of room.
Pete/GM: Going to try to grab you.
Archedas/Varren: Alright.
Misfit/Mia: This is where I die, y'all. Sorry. I tried.
Pete/GM: Alright. So what is your fortitude DC?
Aubrey/Freya: With that with that shadow step, I don't know, like, get get you any, attack of opportunity, Varen?
Archedas/Varren: No. He has to be within 10 feet.
Misfit/Mia: My what again? I'm so sorry.
Pete/GM: What is your 42 DC?
Misfit/Mia: 15. Jesus fricking Christ.
Pete/GM: So that is a 19 versus your 15 that is a regular success. So you are now grabbed.
Misfit/Mia: Okay. Cool. I love this so much. What does it feel like? Out of out of, like, sheer curiosity, I've wondered what this weird shadow person feels like. So what does it feel like?
Pete/GM: Oh, like the texture of it?
Misfit/Mia: Yeah. I'm sorry. That's a weird question.
Pete/GM: Think of a raw plucked chicken that you get with the chicken. About that.
Archedas/Varren: See, from the the art, I it just makes me imagine, like, a person sized hairless cat.
Misfit/Mia: Oh, gosh. Now all I'm envisioning is, you know, the the creepy thing from Pan's Labyrinth with the hands for, like, in the the the eyes in the hands? Yeah. That's what that's all I can think of, but, like, a a shadowy, a Morpheus blob. Like
Pete/GM: That is more of the image that I want you to contact, Ethan. And,
Aubrey/Freya: No giant hairless cat. Unfortunately.
Pete/GM: It's basically a big Cheshire cat with the artwork. Anyway, he is going to grab you and tries to demoralize you.
Misfit/Mia: Okay.
Pete/GM: Saying, you don't know what you're giving up. You don't know what a mistake you are making.
Misfit/Mia: Yeah. Well, it's my mistake to make. She's just like squirming around.
Pete/GM: Despite your snappy comeback, you can't help but feel a chill as perhaps you have gotten into more than you bargained for, making you frightened
Misfit/Mia: 1. So how does frightened 1 work? And I do end
Archedas/Varren: Minus 1 to everything involving a d twenty on both sides. So minus to all your saves, minus to your AC, minus to all skill checks, minus to all attack roles, minus to your spell DC.
Misfit/Mia: Cool. Great. Awesome. Love this.
Archedas/Varren: But it goes away at the end of your turn.
Misfit/Mia: Okay. Cool.
Pete/GM: Yeah. But it is now Vin's turn.
Chris/Vin: Vince turns around, weapon outgoing, and run right to him. What I'm going to try to do is I'm gonna try to shove him. Not necessarily to move him, but more to see if I can
Pete/GM: get him to let
Chris/Vin: go of Mia. So we are going to attempt the athletics check. I think I'm good at those. Not that it has mattered much to this combat, what I'm good at. 10 +8 is 18.
Archedas/Varren: I mean, if that beats his 4th DC, you could grab him.
Pete/GM: Unfortunately, it does not. It's a little bit shy. A little bit shy, you say? Yes.
Chris/Vin: I don't want Mia grab. I'm gonna hero point this.
Pete/GM: Okay.
Misfit/Mia: I appreciate everyone so much.
Chris/Vin: A 23. 15 plus a 23. A
Pete/GM: 23 will be a success.
Chris/Vin: So I run-in and the weapon comes out, and I'm just kind of was originally gonna take this pole arm and try to stab him. I just turn, ever so slightly at the last moment. Instead, my right shoulder goes right into Konepo. Hopefully, disabling the grapple. And with that, I'll continue the momentum to turn around and go for a strike using my multiple attack penalty, which will be a, you know, critical miss, for an 11.
Pete/GM: Okay. You are able to shove him 5 feet away, close enough where he is still able to maintain a grapple on Nia, but you definitely stunned him a little bit.
Chris/Vin: Hey. Did did I did I miss did I mess up Raya up?
Aubrey/Freya: No. I had a plan. This actually makes my plan work out slightly better.
Pete/GM: Varian, your turn. Well, do I
Archedas/Varren: leave the flank open for Freya?
Aubrey/Freya: That was my plan.
Archedas/Varren: Yeah. We'll leave that open for you. We're gonna get ourselves right up to about here with long move action just right behind, Mia with a straight shot at Konepo kind of thrown off balance by Vin just shoulder checking him full on and then just bring up the weapon. The bird pops out of his arm, reloads a shot into it. We're gonna keep doing this until one of us goes down. It's 4 versus 1, our odds are more likely, but just bring that up and fire off another shot at this man.
Pete/GM: Okay.
Archedas/Varren: That is a 19 10th on the die plus 8 for a 27 to hit, and I hate the fact that that says it is not a critical hit.
Pete/GM: Yep. It's just a regular hit.
Archedas/Varren: Oh, but he does have his weakness trigger because I don't need coal iron to hurt you. I'm gonna do it anyway. Oh, and max damage on that roll for 10 damage on just the shot plus the weakness.
Pete/GM: He takes 15 total damage rather than 10. Congratulations. Yay.
Archedas/Varren: As I said, I don't need the iron to put you down, Konepo. Just one good shot.
Pete/GM: Mia. Me. You are still grabbed, but more of your friends are surrounding you.
Misfit/Mia: I know. I'm I'm assuming that, like, I can hear them around me.
Archedas/Varren: Yes. A very loud bang just occurred beside you.
Misfit/Mia: Hi, Viren. I'm assuming the the warm one is is Vinh. I think I don't know. Anyway, hold on your butts, she says, sounds equally as terrified. So, question, I can still oracle cast while grabbed. Right?
Archedas/Varren: He broke the grab.
Misfit/Mia: He did so. Right. Right. Okay.
Chris/Vin: Well, I at least
Archedas/Varren: You can. There would just normally be a No.
Aubrey/Freya: I thought it because Mia's still grabbed.
Misfit/Mia: Yeah. Yeah. No. I shouldn't grab.
Aubrey/Freya: Just Oh, yeah.
Archedas/Varren: If you're still grabbed then, then, yeah. There's a DC there's a flat check involved to cast any spells while grabbed. And they have thematic components.
Misfit/Mia: Okay. I don't think it has a thematic component to it?
Archedas/Varren: If it's 2 actions, it'll have a thematic. Yeah. Almost guaranteed.
Pete/GM: Basically, only verbal spells would not have to do the flat check. Yeah.
Misfit/Mia: Okeydokey.
Archedas/Varren: And one of your actions this turn would need to be sustaining that forbidding ward if you wanted to stay up.
Misfit/Mia: Did you use that bin?
Archedas/Varren: You did.
Chris/Vin: I did? I And
Archedas/Varren: you cast it on him. It gives him a bonus to AC and saves.
Chris/Vin: Yeah. I I still have it.
Archedas/Varren: It doesn't go
Misfit/Mia: Okay.
Chris/Vin: They get to sustain it. But Yeah.
Archedas/Varren: You have to spend an action every turn to keep it going.
Misfit/Mia: Alright. Well, I will happily sustain that, and then I'm just gonna try to break free. Okay.
Archedas/Varren: So that is an unarmed attack roll, athletics, or acrobatics?
Aubrey/Freya: Yes. The unarmed attack is probably best for you.
Archedas/Varren: And she could have high decks to be trained in acrobatics. I don't know.
Aubrey/Freya: That's alright.
Misfit/Mia: I am actually trained in unarmed.
Pete/GM: Yeah. Unarmed would be a lot better for you. Yeah. I'm looking at your stats right now. The other ones are not great. Acrobatics is plus 1. Athletics is plus 0. Unarmed is plus 4. So yeah. Yeah. Like a unarmed attack.
Misfit/Mia: Did that do the thing? Yes. It did. I didn't do well.
Pete/GM: Critical miss.
Aubrey/Freya: Critical miss. So,
Archedas/Varren: grapple's fun.
Misfit/Mia: I like to imagine
Pete/GM: critical failure, you not only don't get free, but you can't attempt to escape again until your next turn.
Archedas/Varren: And you have one action left.
Pete/GM: Can I bite him? Yeah.
Aubrey/Freya: At a You
Pete/GM: are still able to attack while grabbed.
Archedas/Varren: At a minus 5.
Misfit/Mia: At a minus 5. I'm you know what? She's just gonna do in her human form, she's just gonna be like, screw this. I'm biting you.
Pete/GM: A 15 is unfortunately not enough to, hit him as he maintains his grab on. Freya.
Aubrey/Freya: Okay. I am going to spend my first action to start moving and have moved the 25 feet next to Varen, and then I will spend my second action to go into my dimensional assault. I stand next to Eren, and then I sort of spring forward and go through what appears to be nothing, and vanish for a moment before I reappear right behind Konepo. It's part of the dimensional assault. And, I get to make an attack, and it will recharge my spell strike.
Pete/GM: Excellent. Go for it.
Archedas/Varren: Now you said so much cool stuff.
Aubrey/Freya: For a 22.
Misfit/Mia: Oh, yeah.
Pete/GM: A 22 with the flat footed bonus is a strike.
Aubrey/Freya: For, max damage of 7, and then I will use my last action to go into arcane cascade.
Pete/GM: Alright. He takes 12 damage actually as you are striking with a cold iron weapon, which burns his flesh.
Aubrey/Freya: And that is my entire turn.
Pete/GM: Okay. Next is Konepo. He's going to release the grab on Mia as a free action, and you're frightened is gone now to Mia.
Misfit/Mia: Because, Mia totally scurries away if she can.
Archedas/Varren: An inch or 2 back before whatever else he's doing?
Pete/GM: Yeah. He slim steps into a shadow and out close to his throne, then does a shadow pole in a 60 foot line that is able to hit both, Mia and Varen. I need 42 saves from both of
Archedas/Varren: You're real lucky there, my guy. You got exactly the 35 feet.
Pete/GM: Mia, that is a critical failure. Do you wanna keep that roll?
Misfit/Mia: I kinda have to because I don't have hero point.
Archedas/Varren: Is it 17?
Pete/GM: That is also a failure. But find yourself frightened, 1. Mia, you are frightened too as he seems to keep on evading all of your friends. Varian, you take 14 points of damage. And Mia, you take 26 points Oh my god. Of mental damage. However, you resist some of it, only taking 23. Oh. Like, it's because you've you died.
Misfit/Mia: I died.
Archedas/Varren: You that still takes you down to below 0. That's wounded 2 or dying 2.
Pete/GM: Yes. Oh.
Archedas/Varren: Which is the death zone.
Misfit/Mia: Hi, y'all. It was fun.
Aubrey/Freya: I have a healing potion. You're getting that next turn.
Chris/Vin: He was like, you guys got this. Don't worry about it.
Pete/GM: So, Mia, your initiative will move right before Konepo, and that is all of Konepo's actions, Vyn. Then.
Chris/Vin: I think in my head canon, he's just kinda running wildly trying to strike. And at this point, but as he was running towards Kipo, he, slim steps out of the way, like, hits the side of this wall for a second and turns around and continues chasing him down. Kinda just swing wildly at this point. Will one action stride, and then we will strike for a lovely miss. We will attempt the second strike for another miss. This is great. We're we're doing great. So, 1517 will both miss. So he's swinging wildly, and he's probably actually swinging wildly and just not even getting getting close.
Pete/GM: Varian, who is near death at this
Archedas/Varren: point. Yeah. Just takes this hit, kinda drops down to one knee nearly, buffs up not quite blood but what looks like almost a bit of his own shadow, just kind of a splat of black on the ground. Goes to right himself a moment but sees Mia laid out beside him and just, Rehan pulls the post off his bandolier, cracks the cork off. And we can't be having you die. Otherwise, Koneepo over there will be a bit upset he's murdered his wife to be, wouldn't we? And just jam it down our throat.
Pete/GM: Okay.
Aubrey/Freya: Supposed to be encouraging, Barret.
Archedas/Varren: So that's gonna be 2 actions. Everyone's mad now. Oh, I'm go you're gonna be my wife, and I'm going to actively kill you. Make up your mind, dude. Only gonna be 2 health back, but you're not gonna be rolling death saves in the if you roll a 1, you instantly die field.
Misfit/Mia: I love that. I love not dying. Thank you.
Archedas/Varren: I still got one action left, and from this distance, I don't have much other choice here. We're gonna try and shoot this dude again. Just stay down because of the frightened one that misses exactly by 1.
Pete/GM: Your hands shake a little bit with your pistol in hand. Very nearly strikes
Archedas/Varren: him. Just grazes right past his I don't even know if he has ears.
Pete/GM: It's, it's empty.
Archedas/Varren: Not zoomed in enough to tell.
Pete/GM: Freya, with Mia's initiative move, it is your turn now.
Aubrey/Freya: Okay. I am going to move forward, spending my first action to move right next to then. And then from there, I'm going to go into a bit of a tumble and essentially try to tumble through behind Kineepo to get some panache.
Pete/GM: Perfect.
Aubrey/Freya: And that is, I gotta roll acrobatics. I unfortunately do not think a 14 is going to,
Pete/GM: 14 does not beat his reflex DC. In fact, that is a critical failure.
Aubrey/Freya: Lovely.
Pete/GM: However, tumble through doesn't have a critical failure effect, so your movement
Aubrey/Freya: Other than if they can they can hit me if any reactions or whatever, but he doesn't have any reactions.
Pete/GM: Not those kind.
Aubrey/Freya: Yeah. Not those kind of reactions. So, yep. I am still just right next to him, and we are going to, we're gonna just hit him with the sword. A 27, a rare strike.
Pete/GM: And for now, I get to do my cool reaction that I've been saying.
Aubrey/Freya: Oh,
Pete/GM: fun. Oh, oh, wait. No. Actually, I can't because he has slim steps since the beginning of his last Never mind.
Archedas/Varren: What'd you get for running away?
Pete/GM: He got 4 damage, but he will actually take 9 as, again, you strike him with your cold iron sword. Is that all for you?
Aubrey/Freya: Yep. Telling him while telling him, that's our fox girl. You can't have her.
Pete/GM: Mia, you're on the ground, but your eyes open up to more fuzzy darkness.
Archedas/Varren: Oh, your forbidding ward falls off
Misfit/Mia: Yeah.
Archedas/Varren: Because unconscious?
Misfit/Mia: Because I died.
Aubrey/Freya: Almost died.
Archedas/Varren: Death adjacent.
Misfit/Mia: Question. If I, use gravitational pull and pull Kneebo past Freya and Vin, will they get attacks of opportunity?
Archedas/Varren: They do not have attack of opportunity. Yep. Unfortunate. I have a very specific attack of opportunity.
Misfit/Mia: Well, you're not over there.
Archedas/Varren: Cry out yet.
Misfit/Mia: This is why I went down.
Aubrey/Freya: I've got a few more levels before I get an attack of opportunity.
Chris/Vin: Four more levels if we bake it.
Archedas/Varren: Yeah. I'm not confident we're making it. I just need one good hit. Let me roll a 20.
Misfit/Mia: I will then just call over to Freya. Oh, really? I believe in you. You got this. Yeah. You got this, and I'm gonna cast guidance.
Aubrey/Freya: May I also suggest using the action to stand up?
Misfit/Mia: Yes. I will absolutely she stands up, but she's still in her human form. She stands up. She's like, Oh, those are paws. Those are hands.
Pete/GM: So that's 2 actions. You have one more.
Misfit/Mia: Instead of moving further away, I'm gonna move slightly closer. Okay.
Archedas/Varren: I'm gonna suggest not adjacent to a wall because he keeps coming out of them.
Misfit/Mia: I will not be going adjacent to a wall this time. I'm just gonna go like eat.
Pete/GM: Alright. Perfect. It is now Konepo's turn.
Misfit/Mia: Y'all I'm a die.
Aubrey/Freya: I'm quite also going to die as well.
Misfit/Mia: You're not gonna die. I gave you guidance. We could do anything.
Pete/GM: With Vyn so close and Vyn having been such a cocky thorn in his side, he is again going to do a shadow pull, a 60 foot line targeting both Vin and Verint. So I'll need fortitude saves from both of you.
Archedas/Varren: My freight and should be gone.
Chris/Vin: 24 fortitude.
Pete/GM: That's a regular success.
Archedas/Varren: 26.
Pete/GM: 26, also success. Nothing happened at review. He growls and slashes at Freya. It's a
Aubrey/Freya: critical hit.
Archedas/Varren: What is your wounded value, Freya?
Pete/GM: 1. So he does 14 damage. You take 11, though, as you go down. Mhmm. You're dying 3. Yep. Pray, your initiative will move back in front of Konepo, and now it's Vin's turn.
Chris/Vin: Frey, you have a potion on you?
Aubrey/Freya: It's in my bag.
Chris/Vin: Might take an interact action to shuffle through Freyja's bag, pull out a potion.
Aubrey/Freya: Yep. My minor healing potion.
Chris/Vin: And I will throw it down her throat.
Aubrey/Freya: Hey. I rolled it. 7.
Misfit/Mia: Yay. That's
Archedas/Varren: all that's as much damage as he dealt to you without the crit. You're you're in a very dangerous place now though because while you have health, if you get crit, you're dead.
Misfit/Mia: Yeah. Mhmm.
Chris/Vin: And I'm gonna take my final action and swing 23.
Pete/GM: A 23 will hit even though you have the benefits of flank.
Chris/Vin: Oh, that's surprising. Alright. Bringing the weapon down for a minimum damage of 5. 1 plus 4.
Pete/GM: He does take that 5 damage as he don't have a cold iron weapon at hand or silver.
Chris/Vin: I got Freya did not have to roll with that save. I'm gonna call this a win, and
Archedas/Varren: then I can a win. If she rolled a 1 or a 2, she was dead instantly.
Pete/GM: Oof. Varynn, you're up.
Archedas/Varren: Not doing great here. Going to just grit his teeth, take a step forward so he's not in line to be easily hit here, and also step away from the walls. Mia, if you have anything to help, we're gonna do our best to make sure he doesn't come any closer, but running a low here. He's not going to get you I don't have anything to say about it. This is going to be some encouraging words for Mia, the plebisc attempt. Let's see if I can beat a 15. I beat a 15, so, you're gonna get 6 stamina back.
Misfit/Mia: Oh, baby.
Archedas/Varren: And well, last action here is gonna be to try and get a shot off on this man. Please just give me the 20, Foundry. Please. I beg you. That's half of a 20. I'm gonna go down even if I succeed on a save. I'm here appointing that.
Pete/GM: Okay. To an 18, that's at least a hit. That's a 26 total? Yes. That is absolutely a hit.
Archedas/Varren: Oh, boy. It's gonna be 8 damage plus the weakness trigger.
Pete/GM: Now I get my reaction. He does a phasic defense where he takes a slim step and does not take any damage. Oh, wait. Move them out of the range or area of attack. Yeah. We, had this last time.
Archedas/Varren: Yep. Hey. Guess what, bud? I'm in the middle of the room. You ain't fucking getting away from me. I got a gun.
Pete/GM: He'll at least move further away from both of Vyn and Freya. But, yes, you see this coming and are able to take a shot at him.
Archedas/Varren: To see him move towards Mia, track this shot over, fire it off, hits him as he's coming out of the wall. Still breathing heavily, 2 hit points. And I tell you, Konepo, I don't need the cold iron. And as far as it seems to be, I'm the biggest threat in the room to you right now. You're gonna try to get to Maya. You may as well come for me first.
Misfit/Mia: You tell him Biren.
Pete/GM: So Koneko doesn't just take 8 damage, he takes 13. So he is now looking pretty bad. Mia, it's your go.
Misfit/Mia: I'm totally going to use spray of stars now that there's nobody in my way.
Pete/GM: Alright. I don't know that we've seen this ability of yours
Misfit/Mia: I have not.
Pete/GM: Before. I
Archedas/Varren: don't think we have.
Misfit/Mia: I haven't used it yet, like at all. Mainly because everyone's always been in my line of sight, so I'm just like, oh my god, new people. Mia closes her eyes for a moment, and she kind of lifts her arms up and then brings them down and pushes them forward and just, like, sparks of shooting light, just go straight towards Konepo.
Pete/GM: All right, so he'll have to make a reflex save.
Misfit/Mia: Correct.
Pete/GM: You see 18. So he does succeed with a 22, however, he'll still take damage and be dazzled for a round.
Archedas/Varren: Yep. Yeah. That one for a round on a success is real nice because that's miss chance.
Pete/GM: So go ahead and roll the damage, and I will have it. Take 1. Takes 1. Womp womp.
Misfit/Mia: I tried y'all. Mia kinda, like, shakes her hands. Like, you see the, like, palms of her hands are like slightly burnt?
Chris/Vin: We still
Archedas/Varren: got one action left.
Aubrey/Freya: So do you have one action?
Misfit/Mia: I'm gonna move towards Freya, which is really just, like, a step. Okay. And set myself up to heal her next round.
Pete/GM: Okay.
Misfit/Mia: But that's all my turns.
Pete/GM: Oh, yeah. Your turn.
Aubrey/Freya: Yes. Unfortunately, I'm about just about to move.
Misfit/Mia: Well, that's okay. I can still heal you within 30.
Aubrey/Freya: Yep. Sort of being like, okay. You're okay. Go around, Mia. It's been my first action to close in on Konepo. And then we're going to do a spell strike. We're going to spell strike gouging claw as I run my hand along the blade, and it grows all of the claws and fangs and just sort of underhand it, bring it, sort of, like, try to cross his jaw. Wish there was an easy way to spell strike. Unfortunately no. Wait. It still says I'm prone. Oh, wait. I was prone, so I have to spend so it'll only be a regular attack because I I would actually I just spend an action to to get up and then move. But, yeah, there's a miss critical miss at 11. Okay. Womp womp.
Pete/GM: Next is Kneepo. There, and he takes your words to heart going past Freya and running up to you. I have had enough of you.
Archedas/Varren: And I have had enough of you, Bang, because you decided to take a move action running up to me my guy. Just gonna bring Long Winter up and level it straight towards his chest as he's running in. Bang. 26 to hit. Max damage of 10 plus 5 from the weakness for another 15 as he runs in.
Misfit/Mia: Oh, baby. See, I told you we're gonna commit the murder.
Pete/GM: He is running towards you. You level your gun at him and fire. His head swings back as his body, falls to the ground and starts to dissolve into a shadowy mass. It dissipates, leaving a single key looking like partially a leaf in jade. And you all have won your battle against Kineepa the Slim.
Archedas/Varren: Aran doesn't even stop for a moment. The second that key shows on the ground, just scoops it with his free hand and sets it into his jacket.
Pete/GM: Excellent. As you all are just starting to catch your breath, you hear another voice in this room. It is high pitched, a little squeaky, and it says, well, well, good for you. Do you mind letting me out of this cage?
Misfit/Mia: Where did that voice come from?
Archedas/Varren: Just a slow turn from Varon towards wherever that voice is and immediately just loading the gun from the bird on his arm.
Pete/GM: You look, around and you see a small hedgehog. He is wearing suspenders and a little hat and is inside of a bird cage right now. Says, woah, woah, woah. You're gonna wanna hear what I have to say. Who this hedgehog is? What he has to say, and how our heroes will get back to their world. We'll have to find out on the next episode of Ashen Snow.
Chris/Vin: Ash and Snow uses trademarks and copyrights owned by Paizo Inc. Used under Paizo's community use policy, we are expressly prohibited from charging you to use our access list content. Ash and Snow is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo. For more information about Paizo's Inc and Paizo products, visit paizo.com. Ash and Snow is copyright 2024 by Skolstal Entertainment LLC.