Tessa: So who's the bear.
Shoresy: Who's the bear.
Dean: Welcome back. My friends to, uh, the very final episode of the premier season of Shoresy. Uh, it's uh, it's been a great journey so far and I can't wait to get into this episode. Oh yeah. Uh, and then talk about what ne what's next. So yes, CSO. Hey Tiara.
Tiara: Hey.
Dean: What's shaking?
Tiara: Huh?
Dean: Huh?
Tiara: Huh? Who me?
Dean: Yeah, you.
Tiara: Huh?
Dean: Oh my God.
Tiara: Uh, not a whole hell of a lot.
Dean: Yeah.
Tiara: It's been a week. I'm very happy to be here.
Dean: Yes.
Tiara: With you.
Dean: Yes.
Tiara: With the dog snuggled on my foot and a, um, overcast sky for the, for the unquote birthday of this wonderful country.
Dean: And, uh, and, uh, for those who didn't know on the first was Canada day, as well as...
Tiara: Happy birthday!
Dean: ...even, even more important; Jared Keeso's birthday.
Tiara: Happy birthday, Jared Keeso.
Dean: So he...
Tiara: Llike, we all did it on social media, so...
Dean: Oh yeah.
Tiara: Hopefully you saw. And, also...
Dean: I think that was one of the biggest reactions I ever got to a tweet. I think there was like 300, some odd likes or something.
Tiara: There were a lot of people that didn't know.
Dean: Yeah.
Tiara: Like, I, I feel like that's the whole reason why he drops those jokes about Canada, the, the national Anthem and
... Dean: Yeah.
Tiara: ...and all of that, like he was born on a very patriotic day for his country.
Dean: Right.
Tiara: And I've, I've known people in the us who were born on the 4th of July. Oh God. I heard it as it was coming outta my mouth.
Dean: I was gonna say if, if, so, if, if Cruise played a character on born or 4th of July, who would play Jared Keeso's character on born at 1st of July?
Tiara: Ooh, I don't know that's a, that's a good question.
Dean: Yeah. I, uh...
Tiara: Anyway, I was gonna say friends born on the fourth, like when they were growing up, like loved having that big, you know, super patriotic because they didn't know what it meant until they...
Dean: Yeah.
Tiara: ...knew what it meant. Um, and then it was like, ah, fuck.
Dean: Holy!
Tiara: Anyway.
Dean: Yeah. So anyway, thanks everybody for joining us again. Um, if you wanna find us in places, you know, like you can go to Twitter, YouTubes, uh, Instagram TikTok, Tumblr. We're all @howareyanowpod. Um, you can email us at hosts@howareyanowpod.com or howareyanowpod@gmail.com. Um, again, if we also have a phone number where you can leave us a voicemail with any questions you may have or comments or Tiara's favorite thing; dad jokes. um, our number is 50 FERDA. Um, yeah, so it cracks me up every time we do that, that's, you know, that's gonna be with us forever. So mm-hmm uh, so if you we're unaware, we're on the Podscure Podcast Network. Please go check out all of our shows, uh, on podscure.com. Um, on, um, and just to mention real quick, uh, on the 11th of July here, we will be doing our next table read, uh, uh, which will be a heck of a lot of fun. It will be the first time anyone has ever heard this. Episode yeah. Of, of Letterkenny, as it has not actually ever appeared. It was written by our good friend David Mack, who we had on episode one of Shoresy here. Um, and it's brilliant. It's fucking hilarious. Uh, and it, I mean, it deserves it. I think it actually deserves a real episode personally. I think it would be really, really cool. That would be awesome. You know?
Tiara: Yeah. Certain people who we suspect may listen, might maybe yeah. Point this episode at somebody who might be interested yes,
Dean: very much so. Uh, and also, uh, last but not least our, um, show music is done by the awesome band Light the Lamp greatest hockey punk band I've ever heard. I mean, granted, they are the only hockey punk band I've ever , but they are awesome. They're fun. They're great guys. Uh, go check them out on all the places they're on the band camp and the Twitter and all, all the things. If you just go, go look up like light the lamp, uh, yeah. You'll find them, um, So anyway, uh, we've got a guest. Did you know that? Oh yeah. We got a new guest. Well, it's not a new guest, but uh, so why don't we go ahead and, uh, see. Yeah. So, Hey, Awesome.
Awesome: How you now? Oh, good news. that's fan. Oh, that was
Tiara: fun.
Awesome: That was fun. We should do God. It was per, that was perfectly wellness. It was, yeah. All you. All right. So,
Dean: uh, what's going on with the awesome. What do you, who do you got shaking lately? See,
Awesome: yeah, so I've been
Tiara: installing an above ground
Awesome: pool in my backyard. And, uh, last between last Tuesday and
Tiara: yesterday
Awesome: I've hauled, poured and leveled out almost four tons of sand. Oh my goodness. Yeah. So a bitch is sore.
Dean: Sometimes bitches gotta be sore yeah. Not
Shoresy: a
Awesome: fun way.
Dean: you never know sometimes,
Awesome: you know,
Dean: good evening, Nathan I Nathan, good evening from the UK. Welcome. Welcome again, Nathan. I like this one too. So, uh, a Fido file when it's a lazy sun Stoney Sunday and you open YouTube at almost exactly 3:00 PM Eastern on Shoresy pod day. Go with
Awesome: the fate of this one. Aw. Hey fight. Aile
Tiara: that was you got it right,
Awesome: man. Yes. I, that, I like that. Shoresy pod
Tiara: day's like Shoresy pod
Awesome: day mm-hmm pod
Dean: hashtag Shoresy pod day. Sorry. uh,
Awesome: we'll have to do
Tiara: that if there's a season two
Awesome: ever. Yes. Wait, which we all hope. Hey, hi, Woody
Dean: Woody way. Woody's way. Uh, it was too quick on the trigger with that one. so, uh, so before, uh, before we start getting into the episode and everything, but I just kind of want in general, uh, ask you awesome. Your prior to the show, the, uh, the show being dropped, what your feeling about Shoresy was, and then how your feelings are now, just in general, now that you've watched and consumed all of it.
Music: So
Awesome: prior to the premiere of the series, mm-hmm I was optimistic because, you know, in Keso we trust, right.
Dean: Uh, would you, would you say, would you say cautiously?
Awesome: No. I, or you're fully on board by it like that, actually, I believe that with you fully on board. Yeah. So like I've made a point to hunt down at, at catalog and archive, like old. Interviews and articles and, you know, stuff like that. And there was one interview he did in 2015 for, I believe his Canadian heritage minute video, where he says he wants to be the John Wayne of hockey films. and I'm thinking to myself, yeah, I can see that. I can see that, that you can just minus all the racisms play outta hockey, but, you know, minus the
Dean: racism and, and actually having native people playing
Awesome: native film. Right. That's a big novel concept. But anyway, no. So like I knew that this was a passion project and a lot of people are like, oh, it's just a passion project. That, that means it'll not be any good. And I'm like, you know, when it's a passion project, you actually care about the shit that you're doing. Yeah. And you like, y'all act like Letterkenny. Wasn't a passion project. Yeah. So how about get your head screwed on straight? Yeah. Uh, so no, I was like fully optimistic and fully on board. I was like, yeah, no, sures, he's a bit of a, you know, blank slate, but that just means that he can literally build anything he fucking wants. Mm-hmm like, sky's the limit. There's not a doubt. Like there's so much potential to this. True. Um, and when I saw people flagging it off as like a cash grab or whatever I'd be like was about the cash
Tiara: you would be.
Music: So he'd be so different if,
Awesome: if he was
Dean: about to cash that he, he would definitely be playing Wolverine. Yes.
Awesome: So so, uh, but yeah, no, so like, um, I like pointedly posted a couple interviews and, um, some of the, uh, Behind the scenes clips from the Don cherry films. And, you know, like maybe. Maybe just have a little faith in the man that he's writing something good, because y'all, haven't been disappointed yet. Have you? Nope. Like lit Kenny's a banger 12 outta 10 would recommend to a friend. Well,
Dean: there's that monster warrior
Awesome: thing.
Music: The first episode. I'm sorry. I tried it twice. It's so it's it's
Awesome: nineties.
Dean: It's it's very corny, but ghost
Music: Ghostrider it's
Awesome: dude. Okay. But it's like that on purpose, it was film did like 20 2005 and release in six. I know, like I not, yeah.
Tiara: That's another thing is I'm trying to work up like a format
Awesome: and a script for those
Dean: it's it's very, it's very campy in my opinion. It's
Awesome: super camp and, and the, and I love it. I, I,
Tiara: I love camp. I guess I couldn't watching Keso in camp was a little uncomfortable. Maybe that's
Awesome: what it was. Yeah. Wells. So he was like 2020, like that. I am
Tiara: so glad that I never did anything on camera in my twenties.
Awesome: great.
Music: I know.
Awesome: Um,
Tiara: anyway.
Awesome: Hi, we, yeah, no. So like, and then after the premiere, the show, I was like, Mmm, see, see, yeah, I was justified. How about all of you shut your butts, just like you are,
Tiara: um, minus the, the scary details of other people who have said this, but, uh, you are absolutely Keeso's number one fan and I, I should have had absolutely. No,
Awesome: that's I didn't mention it.
Tiara: Um, and there's more than that one. There was the real life one too, but, um,
Awesome: yeah, so anything, I,
Tiara: I don't know why there would be any doubt that you would love anything that he did so
Awesome: well in. Again, like just based on what he's delivered in the past. Mm-hmm like when he's had the control. Yeah. I feel like I had a reasonable expectation of a good end product because he's been so hands on with Letterkenny, because we've seen his style developing over, you know, the last seven years of this show. Like, I don't understand why people would be so automatically cynical and pessimistic, like just based on the evidence that we have.
Dean: I think it is just based on, because Shoresy, as a, as a character had been kind of rather one dimensional,
Awesome: I suppose. There's, there's also no sweet. You can build anything you want on top of that foundation. Sure. I think it's
Tiara: also the fact that so many Letterkenny fans. To be perfectly honest. So many American letter, Kenny fans came to Letterkenny probably during the, the pandemic mm-hmm So they haven't been with it and watched the growth in a growth projection. They just like binged it all at once and now are like, well Shoresy was never my favorite character. Like I have been with this thing almost since the very beginning Shoresy is absolutely not my favorite character. And I was still willing to give this a chance and I ended up loving it. So
Awesome: like, I mean, I would think, I would think if anything like that compressed timeline would make that chart even more obvious, you know, like if you're plotting out, like on a line chart, the line only goes up, you know? So again, yeah, yeah. I'm a data driven person. I'm a librarian for a fucking reason. Like I have a gift folder where I organize so, and sort and tag my gifts. Okay. So, sure. God, I wish
Tiara: I could do that. I just, I just end up downloading multiple of the same ones because I'm like, I can't remember where to find
Awesome: the one that I do. no, my brain is like file folder architecture. That is what my brain looks like. Well, I do that. I do
Dean: that moment. I wait, I remember where they are. I, I ki they end up, like I do that. I will download for a month and just do a regular folder and then I'll have to go through and organize them
Awesome: after, after about a
Tiara: month. Yeah, my, my brain, my brain is a hoarder's dream. Like I've got, there are newspapers stacked up, like from when I was in high school and on the, on the newspaper, I, I have that in there somewhere. Like it's just everywhere. There's shit everywhere. From 40 something years of ADHD
Awesome: and autism . OK. So you're, you're on my, you're on my private server and you see, you've seen the channel where that I have for like interviews and articles and shit. I made my own fucking citation format.
Music: Love you. I love you.
Dean: uh you're so
Awesome: adorkable ah, shoot.
Dean: So Nathan says, he says, yeah, I know some, I know some guys like Shoresy so it was more of a nostalgic thing with me that made me like him from the start off or from the off. Nice. Yeah. I mean, I enjoyed, I, I enjoyed a good bit of Shoresy there, but I could see, I could see, I could understand I'll put it this way. I could understand trepidation. Um, even though I was, um, the more I thought, the more I thought about it, you know, for the first time it was announced, I'm like, well, yeah, like you, he hasn't disappointed us yet. Mm-hmm so I really have no reason, but I can understand. Especially for newer people. Um,
Awesome: so yeah, that's kind of how I worked. I couldn't understand it if it was almost literally anybody else, like the only other people that I would not second guess are like Patrick Stewart, Ian and mark Hamel.
Music: Okay.
Awesome: I mean, like that's a fucking shortlist to be like, if you're in G you're in good company there,
Dean: I, I, and, uh, I would say for me, I mean, uh, garni,
Awesome: you haven't, you haven't liked everything up and downs. You haven't like everything. I really like garni. I mean, you like most of what he's done. Yes. Yeah, yeah, no. And garish definitely grown as a writer as well. I mean like OG preacher to the series is a vast difference. And he even said in a couple interviews that yeah, if I was writing it now, I would not do you know, like the thing with Cassidy mm-hmm
. Music: Damn a lot of things, but
Awesome: yeah,
Dean: there, but you know, I mean, I think everybody, when they write things and they put it out there, I mean, there's lots, I'm sure. I don't know if Steven King has any
Awesome: regrets about it.
Tiara: Oh my God. Steven King has so many regrets about things that no. Yeah. He's got so many things that he's like, I would not have done that, but also like half of the books he wrote in the seventies and eighties, he was high or drunk I'm
Awesome: on cocaine. And
Tiara: doesn't remember like what was going on in that time
Awesome: period. All right. Did I say that right?
Music: Did I really write
Awesome: a child? Yes, child. Oh, right.
Shoresy: Huh.
Music: So, uh, CSO,
Awesome: um,
Dean: Surey, let's
Awesome: get back to Shoresy shall. All right. Last
Dean: week, last, last week, uh, hockey brings people together with our, our new friend, Amy, uh, who was great to have on. She was a lot of
Awesome: fun. Definitely. Um,
Tiara: that was the one that was not using your name in vain. Awesome. But really wanted to follow
Music: you
Awesome: no, I appreciates that. Thanks for the follow.
Dean: Uh, I, you know, Warren Ellis, so pH files, if you like Garth thought about Warren Ellis or Warren Ellis, I think has some good stuff. I'm uh, I'm. I think I'm more in tune to the very dark Irish humor that Gar Garth has.
Awesome: Um, I will say Warren Ellis was eerily fucking prescient with trans metropolitan. Oh yeah. You know what?
Dean: I, I bought that and I hadn't got a chance tr uh, read, read it, and mm-hmm, , didn't really care
Awesome: for it much. I wasn't getting school. I didn't hate it or
Tiara: anything just. I
Awesome: I, I was, yeah. Grant Morrison. Yeah. Mm. So, yeah. Um, so we also have red, um,
Tiara: Warren, Warren Ellis is the one who
Awesome: wrote red. Yeah. Which I know, so,
Tiara: yeah. And we watch the
Awesome: movies too, so
Dean: yeah. I mean, it's, I I'm just saying Warren Warren is a, a bit more hit or miss than, uh, than Gardas for me. So yeah. I mean, cuz I love the boys and when I heard that was coming out, I'm like, oh my God. Yes
Awesome: and somehow he
Tiara: talked my mother into
Awesome: watching it. No, I was trying to talk her out of it. Yeah. But
Tiara: instead she got more interested. The more you told her how terrible it was or how gross it was. I just like that Weinstein in fucking the century club episode,
Awesome: the boys are trying to talk. Katie and Mary Fred out of like UN oh yeah. Unleashing the McMurry. right. Mm-hmm yes. That's exactly it. Yeah. Anyway, let's talk about shores.
Dean: we, we're almost 20 minutes then we haven't really talked
Awesome: enough us it's for friends.
Dean: Um, a little bit. So, uh, hockey brings people together. Um, other, um, gosh, uh, it was, I, I, it was great. Um, you know, especially with, you know, it's bringing this arc to, to its precipice and then coming to this final episode, I mean, uh, wait, uh, what do you think about your, your just kind of overall thoughts of hockey brings people together?
Music: I think as a sort
Awesome: of in, in the lead up to the climax of the series, that being this episode, It works wonderfully well. Yeah. Um, it does a lot of setting up and it does actually pay off for Michael's mm-hmm in a lot of ways. Yes. Like when he brings in the Paula shitty brothers and then they're during that limo ride where they're being escorted by Phil, his goons. Yeah. You know, the whole team is looking at Michael's and he is like, hockey brings people together. Yeah. I mean, gets that attaboy, that he's been, so mm-hmm, thirsting for. Right. He has been thirsting for that acceptance and you know, he did redeem himself in the eyes of the team. Yeah.
Tiara: And that specific scene, I love that you brought that up because I feel like that sets the scene for Michael's for this whole episode. Like I'm, I'm not gonna, you know, without getting into anything, you know, he's, he's embodying what Nat is saying about if something's going wrong. It's about the eye. Like he he's like it's my fault and everybody else is like, no, no, no. This is what's happening. Um, and if that had been like two episodes ago, he would not have gotten any SOS from anybody probably so. Right. It shows that that, like, that was the moment where the team was like, he is part of this team. Yeah. So
Awesome: yeah, he, he really put himself out there and made the sacrifice and made the play and that, because he was willing to do that because he was willing to put himself out. That is what really cemented his acceptance in the team, because he, he did it for the boys. Mm-hmm know. And, and that's kinda like, and that's the whole fucking point of being on a team.
Dean: Well, and the, the, the, and, and it also goes to not just the, bringing the fans together, it goes to bringing the hockey, the, the team together. So hockey brings people together. That's what he was doing. I mean, he
Awesome: was, yeah. I mean that, that, that absolutely is the point. And that's why I think that episode got that title is when you're on a team, it only works if everyone's working together.
Dean: Okay. I, I don't know what this is. I broke from the moment. I don't know who broke from the moment is, but, so Nathan says that heroin car ride with Michaels between, uh, the Paul Che brothers, them looking both like gro from the movements. I don't know who that is, but hold on. Hold on. I'm sure.
Music: Yeah, no, please. This up I'm
Awesome: I'm crying from how fucking funny
Music: that is. Oh
Awesome: my God. Oh, on
Dean: he looks so
Awesome: proud and awkward at the same time. Very won't focus. Sorry. That was good enough.
Dean: yes. So he is kinda like grim from yeah. yeah.
Awesome: In a way, except grim. Except he's afraid of getting bummed. okay. Afraid of getting what bummed bummed. Spell that for
Dean: me. B U M M E D. Okay. Getting in it in the bum
Music: okay.
Awesome: All right. Like, you know that first time bottoming face . Yeah. Oh yeah.
Dean: anyway, so let's get into don't poke the bear and then we can do a lot more chatting
Awesome: after that. How about, how about that? No, sorry. I broke to Tierra.
Music: Okay. Okay.
Dean: Deans. All right, so let's get into dope. Poke the bear. I'll do this real quick, cuz should be, uh, super easy, barely an INCOM compete. Um, uh, so we start off, uh, in the open with fi uh, in the final episode, uh, we be, uh, get back the same series that we started with, uh, Ann Tessa, RA, and Jay unquestionable called the, uh, they recap the bulldogs plan on how they, and how they've done. They talk about their final game against the Sue and that the Sue are bringing their a game this time and that they think that the bulldogs have poked the bear. Um, So from there, we cut to, uh, San Juanette sitting in a hot tub and then Mercedes coming in and climbing on top of him. She asked if he remembers the first time she, uh, she saw him quick cut to an underwater scene, uh, of what happened at the party island who was saga beach followed by the Aqua dump floating by, uh, from there, we, uh, after the title, we, uh, cut to the ice where Shoresy is riffing the juniors again, chirping continues. It has, has been done between him, Lori, uh, Corey and Liam. Uh, this time it's a little bit lighter than usual, which kinda makes sense since we let her cut to sang Gwinette. And Shoresy sitting in the stands where singer's telling Shoresy that he didn't cheer one guy on the team in this last game and they got the big win. And, uh, Sanger says that positivity is a superior motivator. Uh, next we cut to the GM's office where, uh, Nat me zer their usual places. And Laura Moore is in front of them conducting an interview.
Awesome: He has
Shoresy: a mouth on him.
Nat: No argument there is he still pushing up on you? The consistency's kind of charming. He could step on a landmine and talk himself out of it. And I know you have a soft spot for him. I do.
Shoresy: I love that photo.
Nat: It's not just him. Hockey players. Why Jake losing. So personally, they don't just accept blame for a loss. They claim it. They take that burden off of their teammates. I fucked up, I cost us the game. I need to be better, but when they win, it's never personal. They never take credit. They never say I, they share it in other sports. It's me, me, me, but in hockey it's we
Shoresy: it's a
Nat: team. You trying to write the piece for me. They can be irritating at times and over the top, but they're
Awesome: dumb, ugly. They're
Nat: slut. , but there's a humbleness there and a responsibility. I respect it. If it's a loss tonight, will you take responsibility?
Shoresy: If
Nat: we lose, we fold. Even if it's a packed
Awesome: barn, we do what we say. We're gonna do you already praying didn't you that a problem?
Dean: Yeah. Uh, so from there we cut to Shorty's, uh, to Shoresy walking into his apartment hitch and dolo are sitting on the couch. He hears the sounds of sex coming from the bedroom and just decides to pop his head in under the auspices, going on a crispy cream run. uh, the girl inside the bedroom, squeals JJ yells at Shoresy Papa, not Shoresy. Uh, Shoresy can't tell who she is, but that she's pretty and it's definitely not. Laurel. Uh, as a con conversation is taking place. There's a knock on the door
Shoresy: JJs. Goldie we're studying. And the last
Awesome: one, whatever your fucking name is,
Shoresy: you don't even know me name, uh, 12 inch cunt.
Music: Pick over just
Awesome: 12 inch. I love that line. I think that was
Music: a genuine laugh. And they just had to keep it, cuz it was so perfect.
Awesome: Yeah.
Dean: so anyway, Shoresy opens the door and Laurel walks in, she knows that JJ is there with Lason. Uh, and she knows this because LaSandra has stupidly parked her range Rover out
Awesome: front. So dumb
Music: and
Awesome: that's Riley and Joanie moves right. Is Riley and Jonesie moves.
Dean: Uh, at that point, sheepishly steps out of the room, putting her clothes on clumsily. Uh, she tells Laurel how she's a huge fan of her and JJ.
Music: right. Laurel telly,
Awesome: why was Laurel evolve? Why was she? Yeah,
Dean: seriously. Laurel tells Shoresy that JJ can come pick up a SI SI's cat JJ chases. After Laura Shoresy accuses JJ of cultural appropriation for having a SI's,
Awesome: which is, that was the best
Tiara: fucking, oh my
Awesome: God.
Dean: Now we cut to, uh, walking into the bar barn tunnel Shoresy pans, Michaels Sanger comes out and tells Shoresy to collect the gyms and come into the workout room. Uh Shoresy and Sanger, let the gyms know that, uh, this is in the workout room that, uh, they appreciate everything they've done so far, but they'll be benched for most of, uh, most part because the sewer dressing, their studs Shoresy looks over at goody dolo and hitch who are riding the bike, their bikes. And, uh, they have a quick, quick conversation about how, how good the bikes are. And just then me and Z walk in, ask where JJ is. Sanger says that he is running late. Uh, the girls Beck and Sanger and Shoresy to the GM's office in the GM's office, uh, NA expresses how happy shes for the turnaround that she's got, uh, caused by Shoresy something and something to mark the occasion for Shoresy a new sweater, Zig pulls out sweater and shows Shoresy the back he's immediately concerned with having yet another sponsor to be involved with Zig unfolds a sweater, turns it around and it's got the see on it. Shoresy. Grab Sanger by the arm and begin. So, yeah, NA reiterates, however, Nat reiterates that they will still fold if they lose. Oh, um, all
Awesome: of their faces in that scene. Yes. Every single one of them, he is like speechless. He can just, he can only just shake his head.
Dean: Oh yes. Oh, I forgot about big, big
Awesome: sexual, big sexual.
Dean: Right. I wrote that down. It's like big sexual it's big. Sexy is definitely the MVP. Hell the scene.
Awesome: no, I think Lara
Dean: is the couldn't. Oh, oh, Lara. I mean, and yeah, just step her back to that scene. I mean, I mean,
Awesome: she was honestly a lot nicer. Well, and also
Dean: her hair, you could see that she has been sleepless and her hair is just
Awesome: kinda flat. And
Tiara: when she's been like
Awesome: positively gorgeous. Yes, yes. Yeah. So, oh, is she fucking mad? And she's got a right to be fucking mad. Mm-hmm and
Dean: we're, we're gonna see later about what happens anyway. Uh, So anyway, walking back to the locker rooms, uh, from, from the GM's office, Shoresy asked where Shoresy asked Sanger where JJ is, uh, JJ, uh, uh, Sanger Dodges, the question, but tells Shoresy that Phish is definitely ready. And so they go talk to him, let him know that he's been doing all the right things and, uh, saying that it's almost if he loves winning, but Phish replies, no, I hate losing. So the, uh, Shoresy and Sanger give a, a very knowing look to each other. Uh, we cut to the locker room. The boys are getting pumped to go starting lineup as Phish goody dolo hitch. Shoresy introduced as the team, captain and Michaels. Uh, then we cut to a musical montage, uh, where, uh, of the stands NA in her office and then the boys out on the ice, everyone getting their game faces on. And we cut to the game, uh, in progress with Remy and Benny, calling the game, re do re NA uh, the sewer fire. the sewer firing on all cylinders. They end up, uh, with the period one at three oh, uh, with the Sue over the bulldogs, Shoresy breaks a stick on the net as he's wants to do. Uh, from there, we cut to the, during the intermission in the locker room, Michael's AP is apologizing to the team. Shorty says, no, that it's not his fault, but the rest of the boys need to start shooting the fucking puck. Uh, we cut to sir, uh, series two, the period, uh, sorry. Period two, uh, has begun the Sue score even more points, much to the disappointment and displeasure of everyone. Senet wants to put the gyms out there, but sure as he doesn't want them to go out there just to be thrown in the box, they need goals. Um, second intermission has begun back in the locker room, sures. He is puking in the toilet where. He asked where JJ is sang, tells him that he went back to the qu and to Quebec and that he won't be there. Uh, the studs and singer all get together in the stall with Shoresy and they hatch a plan. Uh Shoresy Shoresy comes up, talk about it, comes out. Shoresy comes out and lets the team know they're not gonna beat the Sue sang, uh, shows him the plan. We can't just lose
Shoresy: this last game in this barn. Gotta win something. It's the bulldogs last game in this barn, we gotta give 'em a show. So boys let's give 'em the fucking lumber. We're winning that physical battle boys. If we can't run 'em up. If we can't run 'em up boys, let's just give 'em the fucking lumber out there. One period to make their lives. Hell. Jims.
Awesome: They're not gonna want to go, not worth the risk. They've got playoffs
Shoresy: up the road.
Awesome: So your job
Shoresy: is to score us. The goal, the rest of
Awesome: the boys are gonna make room for you guys out there for a change. Cause you guys are scoring us the last goal in Sudbury
Shoresy: bulldog history locks, history. Well you think Jim? Yeah. Jim? Yes. Jim sounds good. Shoresy should be
Awesome: fun.
Shoresy: Thanks Jims boy, I fucking love winning. Fucking hate. Losing more. Come
Music: dip.
Shoresy: Hurry up fish. The last game in this barn, let's give 'em a show boys. Let's give 'em the fucking lumber.
Awesome: Damn right. I love how he has like the tear on the very tip of his nose there. Cause he's already crying. Yeah. He's already
Dean: crying already. Yeah. So then from, yeah, so, uh, period three starts as a musical montage. The boys are getting physical with the Sue, um, and they can't stand it. We see folks in the crowd really getting into it. There's a shared moment between Sanger and me, which, uh, Zig is completely disgusted with curing.
Music: Oh my
Awesome: God.
Dean: At some point in the period, all the studs get sent to the box, uh, where they're celebrating with each other and the crowd just cheers them on.
Awesome: There are studs in the box,
Shoresy: studs
Music: in the
Dean: box. oh, yep. Uh, so the next face off begins with the gym. Uh, and Phish swinging the lumber at the, at the Sue. Uh, we see NA in her office looking at the picture Laura was talking about earlier, Nat, her mom, and Shoresy all of them with their teeth out. uh, she, uh, she then
Awesome: makes, well, Shorty's holding up a Sharpie and he's like blacked out with the Sharpie. One of NA's mom's teeth in one of NA's teeth. Okay.
Dean: Oh, is that what, okay. I didn't see. I, I just thought they all why's holding up the Sharpie. Oh, I, you know, I completely missed the Sharpie. Good, good. Find,
Awesome: uh, good. You've yeah. Good observation. You find all of that first us anyway,
Dean: so, uh, so when you see, uh, anyway, uh, and then, uh, Nat makes her way to the stadium, just as one of the gyms scores, a goal to finally give them a point. Everyone in the, in the, in the stands are just cheering like mad. Uh, and then just a little bit later, one more scored goal in the final seconds. Uh, both scored by Jim number one. Mm-hmm Marti , uh, the fi final score, Sue five bulldogs two, uh, then, uh, we cut to the team, taking a knee at center ice, uh, showing their appreciation to the fans, not Nat walks out and, uh, waves to the fans while pad Shoresy on the shoulder. We finally, uh, and then all of them stand up holding their, their sticks up to the crowd. Uh, finally we into the locker room with all the boys, having their, their game sticks and talking to their folks. However, one spot is empty on the bench there and it's Shoresy um, Shoresy uh, is sitting in silence in the workout room. Matt is sitting opposite him. Fuck you. Shoresy
Awesome: for what, what do you mean for what? Huh? You know, the deal. We had a
Nat: deal and I do what I say I'm gonna do always. All right. Fuck. What do you want me to? Those guys are so fucking good. They thumped us and you still think we can beat them.
Shoresy: Oh, where the fuck is Frankie
Awesome: Quebec? He's not coming. Oh, sh you've got a new plan
Shoresy: for this period.
Dean: We all plays like you out there. My son, what? My full
Awesome: team of shores,
Dean: HES
Shoresy: real dirty.
Dean: Let's get outta goddamn boys running around. Leave motherfucking impression. Get out spit late
Music: for making a fucking impression, boys. There's no fucking room out there. Anyway. Hit 'em enough and they'll stop
Dean: going. Where he gets hit. Chop enough. They'll stop going. Where he gets chopped. It
Music: gives us a lot more room after our next game. What are you
Shoresy: talking about? Next game? Don't be a fucking idiot. You've got a hot
Awesome: tender.
Dean: Let's let the league know your tender's hot. We'll run him through the back of the fucking
Awesome: net.
Shoresy: What are you fucking it's too fucking late for this game. It's get 'em in playoffs.
Awesome: If we lose, we fold. That was the.
Shoresy: That's when you had one fucking guy on this team who said, we'd never lose again. Now you got 16 of 'em over there in that dressing room. You got a barn full of fans who can't wait to see it. You think we can beat them? Those guys are so fucking good. They won't be the same team after that period. No fucking way. They wanted nothing to do with the gyms. We'd have Frankie back next game. The suit was so fucking good, but they do not like the lumber. You know what you get in the playoffs, the lumber, you get that high heat. Hell yeah. Fuck. Yeah. Well, what are you gonna do differently? Me? Oh my God. Huh?
Nat: You say the boys are gonna play like you, but the chirping and the lumber and the running around have always been your game. So if I keep this team going, how are you gonna raise your game?
Shoresy: What are you gonna do differently? Hmm.
Dean: Shoresy then looks over at the, uh, the weight bench raises eyebrows looks over at Nat and, uh, she smiles. Um, we, uh, finish out the episode on the snowy Sudbury streets. The boys are jogging and a huge crowd from the town joins to follow them in
Awesome: credits. Okay. First thing thank you for holding your breath. I wanna point out we don't actually end on them jogging. We end on our streetlight. That turns from red green. Yep. Green. Yep. That's a good point. So is that right? True love was a perfect song for that. Absolutely. Was you are correct Dawn. Absolutely. Very much so. Um, but yeah. Is that green light that we get at the end there right before we smash to credits? Yeah. Is that. Like something. God, we hope so. Yeah. what is the future? I
Tiara: think they're saying, Hey,
Awesome: Hey, we get picked up. We're we're ready to
Dean: go. See, I think the delay, I think the delay, I think if they've been picked up, I think the delay is deciding how many, how many more episodes are gonna green light right off the
Awesome: bat. Right.
Tiara: They've already announced the letter to anything. I'm sure that that was all wrapped up together because the schedules would have to co like coincide with each or go yeah.
Awesome: Coordinate work, coordinate. That's the word. Yeah. I, if they do a winter shoot, cuz we've had well cuz 10 and series 10, 11 for Letterkenny were shot back to back during the summer mm-hmm and we haven't really had two summer series back to back like that since series one and two. um, so if they're gonna do a winter series for 12 and they're gonna try and fit in Shoresy they're gonna have to fill him Shoresy first. Yeah. And then Letterkenny, because it's still Tzo has to grow out his hair and beard for Shoresy. Yeah. And then they can carve him down for Letterkenny, but you can't really do it the other way around. Right. Well, and it makes sense because Wayne's decided to grow a Muller um, fucking give me that Katie would never stand for that jonesing. I have been jonesing for tan series for Beardie Wayne. Give me it. If they were gonna do beardy
Tiara: Wayne, it would've been when he was depressed. When, when he
Awesome: about ledge, like that was the perfect opportunity. And I feel like they
Tiara: kind of dropped the ball there little bit, little bit. Um, but yeah, what I was gonna say about continuity's sake, if, if the next season of Shoresy is picking up with the playoffs, then it would playoffs the continuity wise. It would have to be winter because it's, it's snowy and winter. Um, in Sudbury, during like when the fans are running with, at the end
Awesome: of that scene, that's what I'm thinking. Yeah, because the playoffs are only gonna be at like, at most two, three weeks after the end of the regular series. Right. So
Tiara: it wouldn't be like they wouldn't be filming Shoresy right now at all. No,
Awesome: that wouldn't
Tiara: make sense. No, unless they were already filming the third
Awesome: season. I think they're writing it for sure.
Music: Yes. I mean,
Awesome: so I believe that
Dean: I'm kind of curious though, if. How, well, the things did kind of start off in a more fall time period. Uh, cuz there was no snow on the ground. I think initially there was
Awesome: a little bit, there was a little bit there
Tiara: was, but it's full on winter by the
Awesome: end of it. Yeah. Like showing that I'm running through after.
Dean: So it's just making me think that, I mean, let's say let's go, let's jump to three. They could feasibly start and, and fall.
Awesome: Well, so like in the first episode when they're fighting out, when they walk up to net out the back of the Colson and the gyms are there scrapping with them dudes mm-hmm, , there's snow on the ground, you know, patches, you have Uhhuh. There's a, yeah, there's a couple of next. Yeah. Where it's like there's snow and knowing there's not snow in the next episode, when they pick up the gyms at the airport, there is like snow banks. Mm-hmm in the God, the car part, the sluts and the yeah. The studs, you know, and then they go. Right to NA's house and it's actively snowing. Yeah. While they're grilling out on the fucking patio. Yeah. So it's very clearly late fall, early winter. Mm-hmm
Dean: yeah, I can see that. Yeah. But I would, I'd like to see, you know, I mean, when, when does, I mean, granted, I don't know, hockey seasons, I don't know hockey season as far as like, when, uh, like, I mean like usually
Awesome: playoffs are in like March or April. Oh, okay. And that's, to be honest, that's what a lot of, uh, ski parks actually get their heaviest load, you know? Okay.
Dean: And it says, did anyone else feel that San Gwinette was looking uncomfortable in that scene? In the hot tub?
Awesome: Yes,
Tiara: actually I wrote that I wrote down, um, do we think that he actually slept with her because it didn't seem to me like he was that like, he was like, okay, I'm here
Awesome: on. I, I think honestly I think he's into the attention. Yes. I just think that he wants the attention to be from me. Agreed.
Dean: Yeah. And that's kind of, that's the thing I'm seeing for the, the next, uh, series mm-hmm is that there's is there gonna be some kind of weird love triangle that has to happen because Apollo Che brothers are, are now involved with the team in a way. Oh, and does, is he gonna have to keep things going with Mercedes?
Awesome: So, I mean, Sanger fulfilled his end of the bargain. Yep. You know, I can see it have being a very transactional kind of encounter. Um, and even though his genuine, like, interest lies with MIG one, um, I don't think he actually minds getting attention from Mercedes, you know, because it's not like he's getting a hell of a lot of attention otherwise.
Dean: Yeah. I mean, well, it's, yeah. It's just gonna be weird. I mean, if, if he, I'm just kind of curious if he's he, you know, he knows. Yeah.
Music: I see. He sees, I think Merc, he sees Mercedes.
Awesome: Yeah. Mercedes is way more into him than he's into her. Mm-hmm
Dean: yeah. um, but yeah. Is, is he gonna, is that when she says, I want San Gwinette, there may be a different meaning to that for her than it is to him. So,
Awesome: yeah. Yeah. I can definitely see that being a point of contention in series too. Yeah.
Dean: So yeah, that's kind of one of those things that, that really made me think, how, how are they gonna deal with that? I mean, it may not, they may just kind of ignore it as you know, it was just the one time.
Awesome: Uh, yeah, I mean, they could gloss it and that would be within the realm of possibility, because to be honest, Mercedes strikes me as very practical person and she, like, she knew what she was asking for and she got it. You know, like for her was on that deal. She was like, I know you
Tiara: don't like me and you don't even know me. And the only time we ever met was when I grabbed your, your Dick underneath the water but, and then
Awesome: later gave you a footie, right?
Music: right. I forgot about that.
Awesome: But also like
Tiara: later when San Gnet is addressing Michael's and apologizes to him, I feel like that was directly involved too. Like he sat there and he was like, she was yours all along. I'm uncomfortable now. And then Michaels was like, no, no, no. It's okay. But that might not be what sang
Awesome: Ette wanted. I
Dean: mean, and granted, I mean, we've, we've heard of the other stories from Shoresy and other folks that she's been with lots more guys on the team. Yeah. So
Awesome: yeah, she's a, she's a puck bunny well, and I think Sanger really wanted to clear the air with Michaels before the final game, just so that everything's out, you know, Lance the wound kind of a thing mm-hmm and then when Michael says she was yours all along. That doesn't, I don't think that's necessarily indicative of any kind of long-term relationship set up. No, I think Michael's, he's just acknowledging that Mercedes is never into him.
Tiara: Yeah. And also Michael's is, is, you know, comparatively to all the other sluts he's, he's monogamous, you know, he's not a slut, he's not sleeping around with all of these people. He had a girlfriend and in his mind, all of that was cheating in her mind. She was like, this is who I am.
Awesome: Well, okay. So I, but she didn't want him also. I, I, I, what of the things I wanna see in series two was like, so when she was dating Michaels, it sounds like he was coach at that time and he wasn't a player. So therefore he wasn't a slut. Now he's a player again. Now he's a slut. What is slut, Michaels gonna be like.
Dean: I, you know, that could end up back. She just thinking about it, you know, that building up that confidence, maybe he gets back with Mercedes somehow, and that could be trouble as
Awesome: well. I gotta say, though, I, I genuinely gotta say I get such bottom vibes off
Shoresy: big, big time
Tiara: when he squatted down in, in the, in his underwear and like looked back, I was like, oh, that that's, that's a brat pose
Awesome: right there. but the thing is right, is like, I don't think he's necessarily a brat. I don't think he has the balls to be a brat. I think he's just a full sub bottom. And he is just waiting for someone to come in, yank his hair and take charge.
Shoresy: Yeah,
Awesome: definitely. Definitely. Yeah. Like that is the vibe I get off. Michael's like, I figure like if he tried to top once and he pulled the zipper down too fast and scared himself and had to say yellow light.
Dean: Oh, are you saying, are you saying Michael's has been, is in the kink scene somewhere? He's actually, yeah, I'm saying
Awesome: he tries, but he's really just way too skinny. He's too much of a pussy. like, I don't think there's another word to encapsulate Michael's other than he's kind of a pussy mm-hmm little bit, I could see that. Goodier is crying. I, I think, I mean, I, honestly,
Tiara: I, I feel like if Michael's was the bottom, he would actually be perfect in the kink scene. He would be
Awesome: right. He, he would be the one walking
Tiara: in, in a Speedo with the collar and chain mask being walked along and yeah, no, not necessarily a good mask, but like definitely showing off. Yeah. Showing off the body and being proud, but also being owned by somebody. Like he wouldn't be the kind that would wanna sleep around. He would wanna be owned by somebody.
Awesome: He would be the thing is right. It's like, if you look at Michael's in his fucking skis, right. He's got like Brad pit fight club. I definitional. And he, is I a definition on his ads? Oh, he's been he? Yeah. He's shred. Oh, he puts the work in, he puts the work in mm-hmm . But, yeah, it's not for himself. It's be because it's for, you know, attracting a mate. Purposeness is this a new fan fiction that you're about to write?
Dean: He's a bit on the pink and fluffy side of the force.
Awesome: he definitely is though. I kind of am, but like not what is that? That's called verse switch. What? No, I'm, I'm,
Tiara: never thought of myself as switchy, but I lately maybe. Okay. Anyway, let's next?
Awesome: This is,
Tiara: um,
Awesome: so speaking of Michael's mm-hmm yeah, I love that. Uh,
Tiara: Shoresy pans him in, in the tunnel. It's one of those things that he'd been doing to fish, and now he doesn't do it to fish. He did it to Michael's and in a way, no, it's
Awesome: another signal that Michaels now belong, belongs to the
Tiara: that's exactly where I was going with that. Like, you're the low man on the totem pole, but I respect you enough to, to you in our group. Like I'm paying attention to you here you are when I
Awesome: acknowledge your existence. and I think that ties into like, Shorty's thing about like the constant chirping and mm-hmm, giving those shit in his family. Right. It's you're in his, in group now. Yep. So he's gonna like
Tiara: fuck with you, but also he's growing too. Like he sayinger was right. Yeah. He didn't make fun of his own teammates. He hasn't for a while. Um, other than some really light,
Awesome: you know? Yeah. Like, like as a whole, the flip side on the flip side of the pants saying when Michael's apologizes, sorry guys. Shorty's immediate response. It's like, no, no, no. We're letting them fucking pepper. You that's on us. Mm-hmm yep. You know, there's a lot of,
Tiara: a lot of, um, redemption for Michael's in Shorty's eyes in this case. like, Shorty's like, no, man, I have respect for you now, dude, you just took like, they're just hitting you over and over again. And we're not doing anything. Yeah. And we're not even scoring fucking goals to make up for it. Mm-hmm
Awesome: like, I get that. No. And he, he specifically points there. You are getting more shots than some guy in two periods than some guys get games, entire games, you know? So like there is, I love that. Like on the one hand. Yes. You're my person. I'm gonna fuck with you. But on the other hand, you're my person. I'm a fuck heavy with you, you know? Like, so you guys. You got the dual meaning of that phrase exemplified in like Shorty's entire philosophy. I love it. True.
Dean: Uh, yeah. And I mean, I watching watching Phish, uh, in this episode, especially during the game, right. Seeing him actually putting himself out there he's yeah, he he's doing the Bobby Clark as well.
Awesome: and, and you can see like Shorty's
Tiara: respect for him. Yeah.
Awesome: Yeah. And when he slides into that one stick to block the shot and he takes it right in the gut and folds up, like you, he knew what he was doing. Mm-hmm he deliberately put himself in front of that shot to block it, because that was his fucking job. Yeah.
Dean: Agreed, Nathan, that Phish became a bro.
Awesome: Seriously,
Tiara: like the minute that, that Phish said that he hates losing, I think Shoresy was like, oh, oh yeah. Sh okay.
Awesome: Okay. One of bus boy, one
Music: of
Awesome: us. Alright. Surey got a little Chub off there. Yeah, we did. She was like, oh,
Tiara: okay. Now I see why you're pretty. Okay.
Awesome: Like I get that as
Tiara: a, as a Demi person. I totally understand when, like somebody says that one thing and suddenly, suddenly you're like, oh, I do actually find you a
Awesome: little interesting and attractive. It's like a light goes on, right? Yeah. You're seeing it from like a slightly different perspective. And then now all of a sudden you're like, oh, okay. Oh, like as magic night photo. Oh, I can't magic nine photos. Those magic eye photos. You just have to never saw which your head just the right way. And then all of a sudden, the shit pops out and you're like, oh, okay. Oh yeah. Yeah. My autistic brain can never see any of that shit. Now here's,
Dean: here's something funny that I've noticed in this since we've started this sec, this segment of the show mm-hmm is aside from Shoresy and Michael's we haven't talked about any of the other slut. Uh, which is kind of funny. I mean, and I know we'll, we'll be getting to, it's not, but yeah, I mean, I will say, I mean, as we both noticed in our rewatch, you know, that this is the first time that dolo has said a full, complete English sentence. Yep. and yeah. And, uh,
Awesome: I wonder if a bit of that was like translation convention in that final scene with them. I,
Tiara: I, I feel like it was just like, there was a point made. It was a, what, what do you call it? The thing where they, they drop a clue at the beginning and you don't get a resolution until the
Awesome: end. So the checkoffs gun, the checkoffs gun,
Tiara: I think it was kind checkoffs gun where they basically said in the beginning, he'll only speak French to you. And then at the end, when it really mattered, he spoke a line in English to Shoresy. It was very important to say it in English, make a fuck because everything else is, you know, he's like, okay, this is what I say every day, all the time. I am going to say something that I know that everyone could understand right now. And then I'll go back
Awesome: to French. Yeah.
Dean: And he's, and he's definitely sures. He has definitely made himself a captain. It's like Nathan says here, it's amazing being a captain, getting your boys to understand something. That it's a beautiful thing. So it's, yeah, it's not only that. I mean, he's, you can tell he's brought that team together. He's he's, he's, he's elevated, uh, Sanger where Sanger has got he's it's his team mm-hmm . And so like that the, so like he, at some point in there, which it doesn't really show when Sanger and the other sluts got together to make a decision on what the plan was. I think without Shoresy
Awesome: my, my theory on
Tiara: that is, um, when, when Sanger was like, I wanna put the gyms in and Troy was like, what? So they can da, da, da. I feel like Sanger, like probably went over to them at that point and was like, Hey, he's not gonna do this just by me saying it can, let's talk about this for a second. Okay. And then that's why he looked at them and they were like, okay, let's do it. Like, I feel like it was a very quick after that moment. Like, we didn't
Awesome: see it. Yeah. But that would've been when chores had like a solid 90 seconds on the ice, he talked to the other sluts and like, like I knew could be you guys to help me with this.
Dean: Yeah, so, and a pH file says, didn't you guys call the idea that dolo would drop an English line unless I think so. I don't, I don't remember that. I mean, I forget a lot of things.
Awesome: Yeah. I don't. And we don't, he,
Tiara: he technically listens to the podcast to edit it after, but I don't ever listen
Awesome: to what I say afterwards. People will,
Tiara: will like send me things and they'll say, Hey, you, on this episode when you said this thing, and I'm like, I need more context. I,
Awesome: I have no idea what I was fucking talking about. all like how many of our conversations have been, like you said, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. No, I did. Maybe I did. Did I . I mean
Dean: this out of all, I mean, this is, uh, this is our gonna be our 91st episode of, of how are you now total? I mean, of the, oh right. The, of the you universe. Um, you uh, so yeah, I, uh, There's a lot of stuff that we've said
Awesome: over the years, especially since
Tiara: when we started half of the show was just, I don't know what this word meant. So I had to go in urban dictionary. I didn't know what this meant. So, and like, I didn't know anything about hockey really? Other than the fights were fun.
Awesome: yeah. Yeah. Oh yeah. Yeah. Davis says, I think the
Dean: fighting nothing like, uh, that brings the, the guys together team fighting together. Yeah. I,
Awesome: and uh, and the crowd too,
Tiara: the crowd didn't get excited until Shoresy started fighting
Awesome: back, which,
Dean: you know, that's kind of also as, uh, you know, we just reached, we finally got around to watching slap shot. Yeah. uh, and yeah's, there's, that's a movie. You, I mean, you can. Yeah. Well,
Awesome: I mean, you can tell Terry movies of old time. That is a movie,
Dean: right. That, but I mean, you could. Yeah. Well, I'll get to that in a second, but you could tell there was, there was a huge amount of inspiration for Shoresy from slapshot. Yeah. I can see that. And that's kind of. Where they were getting their big things at a swap shot. Yeah. Well it's like, yeah, so they, they had sport, they had sports hockey guys sitting down to write a movie about sportsy hockey and you know, that good time sporty movie feeling. But then somebody said, well, we're only gonna get guys if we need to, we need to have a date night. So we gotta throw some love story. So the sporty hockey guys who know nothing about that kind of shit decided they were gonna write their version of what they thought a love story was gonna be. Oh my
Awesome: God. I mean, it just ends up being a love story between the teammates and like the women are kind of extraneous. Yeah. So not only are the
Tiara: women extraneous, the, the main woman's storyline is she leaves her husband because he's neglecting her and seeing other women and being an asshole. And then her friend gives her a makeover and suddenly he wants her again and she goes back to him and it's like,
Awesome: What yeah. Literally halfway through is happening actually spoken to a woman without telling me if you've never actually spoken to a woman. Yeah.
Tiara: So it's obvious that that Keso understands how relationships go and has a good, a good idea of how to write them. And that definitely is not in that movie. She
Awesome: like fundamentally understands that women are people whats. I know.
Music: Well, and
Awesome: how dare
Dean: things have changed a little bit to the seven from the
Awesome: seventies a little bit, say a little bit
Dean: fight file. Uh, oh, Nope. That's Nathan. Uh, hang on. Let me go back to fight team really came together in this last couple episodes in a bunch of kind of organically systematic
Awesome: ways. Yes, absolutely. Um, yeah, the,
Dean: uh, As far as slapshot, uh, Nathan says the language is race and very not PC, but it is a good hockey movie. Uh, the sequels are absolutely terrible. Especially the third. There were sequels. Yes, there were, oh my God. And I think it just, uh, they all, they all, they were all around the Hansen brothers. If I remember correctly, uh, I mean,
Awesome: now they were interesting,
Tiara: but you, you totally called them as like junior Ramones. And I couldn't get out of
Awesome: my head for the rest of the time watching it. They look like they look like the Ramones. They look like the Ramones. Yeah. Okay. So hold on. I think this is a good point. Can you bring back pH climate there? Sure. Okay. So I have an overarching thesis for the entire series.
Tiara: you can do that on our wrap up show
Awesome: who else? I just it's fo
Tiara: for
Music: this episode, cuz
Tiara: it's the final episode
Awesome: of this particular series. So. Like okay. And I'll touch on it again in the wrap up. But, um, so my thesis for series one of Shoresy is that, and I wrote a little bit about
Tiara: this
Awesome: on Reddit, but Shoresy literally only has found family mm-hmm and in episode four, we see that, you know, he's a foster kid and you know, his dad sure makes the point that you guys were never referred to as siblings on the farm. But that only serves to highlight the fact that as adults, they refer to each other as siblings and think of each other as siblings, you know, and, and Shoresy at some point took his dad's name and I don't. That could be because his dad formally adopted him, but they don't ever address that. But it could just be, he chose to do that in adulthood. Mm-hmm to more like visibly align himself with his family that he picked mm-hmm and he spends every episode of this series, trying to turn his team into his family. That's why he treats them, like he treats his family, he it's aspirational behavior. Yeah. He's trying to turn this team into a family and he's putting his all in and he's not really getting a lot back until this last episode kind of pays for all.
Dean: Yeah. Yeah. A, uh, the, I mean, it kind of goes back to that conversation, uh, when. Uh, Sanger's first time as, as coach and talking about going to the wall for him, and yet still calling him a, a fucking cut, a useless guy, a useless one cut on the way there so it's, uh, it's this is that's family to him. I mean, yeah, we're gonna, we're gonna chirp each other. Um, you know, it's, it's, it's tough. Love, I guess, I, I guess in a way, but it's, it's, you know, it's, I think there's, you know, there's shit that Tiana Tiara and I do back and forth, you know, I'm an asshole or whatever,
Music: the king of the assholes
Dean: and the, or, but yeah, but
Awesome: it's damn man,
Tiara: dammit, man is my favorite. Nothing dammit,
Awesome: man. That's his superhero name?
Dean: Nothing is done out of malice or spite or anything. No, it's just being silly and goofy. Uh, and that's really what it is.
Awesome: And again, it's like the dual. Meaning, uh, fucks with, right? Like you're my family. So I'm a fuck with you, but you're my family. So I'm a fuck with you heavy. Yep.
Dean: You know, that's and, and you could see that a lot with, uh, me Zig as well. Mm-hmm I mean, that's that, that's that, that smile that Meg's given down to sang and, and then Zeig looks over and just like, she's just, what
Awesome: the fuck she looks like she spelled something bad. so I,
Tiara: I, I wanted to say this on the air, just in case there's anybody. Uh, who of my friends who still listen to this? Um, if you aren't actually watching the show and you just listen to this, which I know if there were a few back in the, how are you NA how are you now? Early days, but I don't know if you still do that. Hmm. Um, Zig in this scene in this scene is grace 100%. Anyone who's ever met? My, whoever met my sister in real life can absolutely say they have seen that face on her. usually having to do something with probably my dating preferences or something like that. but looked so much like grace, like there were a few, the first couple times watching it. I was like, oh my God, like
Awesome: Dean, you saw it too.
Dean: Oh yeah. Very much. It's yeah. I, I see, you know, between those three Matt MES Z, I can see that they, they took grace and just kind of
Awesome: separated in three parts.
Tiara: I can see that too. Cause you've got the innocence that doesn't really want to be innocence. So it like tries to, you know, toughen
Awesome: up a little bit and then you've got
Tiara: the pragmatic one and the pragmatic one. And then the, the lesbian,
Awesome: the slightly angry lesbian. Aren't you a Dyke. Well, that
Tiara: would be grace too. Cuz she date a lot of guys, but she really didn't like guys that much.
Awesome: Yeah. So no, I love whole look for a rope on that dude. Get gay bro. that was a command. That was so good.
Music: That was so
Awesome: good.
Dean: Yeah. That I, I love those three, those three together. I mean, I mean me and Z together, so it's kind of like, uh, I'm Larry, this my brother Dar my other brother Darry so in a way, uh, yeah, I, I love him. Um, I guess you could say the same thing for the Paula CHES I'm I'm Mercedes of this
Awesome: yep. Mercedes is clearly the brains of that operation. Oh, let's be
Dean: real. Yeah. I mean, yeah. How do they communicate? Okay. And, and one more, one more question that I have one more question that I have about this and I know I asked you earlier and you didn't know if anybody knows. Yeah. Let us know who is the woman that is NA's mother, who is the, the actress or the person or. Uh, that person is I, because I, I thought maybe it's it's, uh, Tanya to tell his mom, um,
Awesome: but it stops
Tiara: and it's not Keeso's mom, as far as we can tell. And it's not no. Oh, it's definitely not Keeso's mom. Yeah. She is younger than that. I think. Um, so yeah, but, but Keso also doesn't do anything, like not on purpose. So I feel like it's gotta be someone important who stepped in for that. Yeah. You know, several pictures that were highlighted in a couple of episodes,
Awesome: so yeah. No, and I, I love that she's got the wall behind her, of pictures of her and her mom and her mom with the various hockey players. And then the one in the center right behind her is the one with Shoresy and her mom and yeah. And her, and I love it cuz it like NA is a very practical person. She's very driven. She's very purposeful. Mm-hmm but that one photo. Shows that not only was NATS ma close with Shoresy, but Nat is close with Shoresy personally, and she does have a playful side and she does indulge that with him specifically.
Music: And
Awesome: it does bind them together as a family, because like, she, she would not do that with anyone
Dean: else. Yeah. I think, I think, I mean, she, she wants to be, she wants to make her mom proud that's for sure. Mm-hmm uh, absolutely. And if there's anybody that she trusts to make that happen, it's Shoresy, uh, even though he's, you know, he's, he's a, he's a big, dumb, ugly slut. Uh
Awesome: no, to knows him for what he is. And she still chooses to put her faith in him. Even if she like, has to like manage him a little bit, she still chooses to let him captain the team and to, she trusts his drive to win. She trusts his hatred of losing. Yeah,
Dean: definitely because they they're both on the same page when they, when it comes to oh yeah. How, how hockey should be mm-hmm as
Awesome: according about, and she's willing to push him as well, like when she tells him, so what are you gonna do to up your game? Right. And then he looked over at that weight bench, like it offered to blow him. right. And I just like, okay. Yeah, I can see I got you now. I got you. You're into it. Yeah. And if you go, you're willing to do
Dean: it. If you go back to that final episode with him in letter, Kenny Wayne saying, I like his work ethic. Uh, that kind
Awesome: of really leads into that.
Tiara: So apparently though, he wasn't working out at all offs skates. Is that basically what word to assume? And then, because I know he's always cracking jokes about the bikes. And then like earlier in the episode, he got a little interested that, well, these studs are using the bikes. Maybe they're not so bad, do they actually help you in any way? And so like, by the end of the episode, like this is something I can
Awesome: do again, we see him in the gym, we see him working at, we see him putting in work in letter, Kenny in letter, Kenny. Yeah. I think when he got to Sudbury, he kind of, um, assessed the team's level of commitment. Mm-hmm
Music: I
Awesome: could see that. Yeah. That makes sense. Especially with Michaels at the home, that they were not as upset about losing as he was mm-hmm and like things may have, because there is definitely a gap between. The end of series 10 of Letterkenny in the beginning of Shoresy. Yeah. And it's got to be at least a year, if not to. And, um, you know, this was written pre pandemic and 2020 just kind of threw a wrench in every fucking thing. Um, so I think the timing, like he, he understood that he wouldn't be winning any championships or anything, but he was at least gonna be on a functional team. And then as the team got more and more dysfunctional, like his hatred of losing came out and he got more and more disgruntled with the state of the team and keep Jersey Grun,
Dean: Don keep above, let him be disgruntled
Awesome: well, and, and we see that like, When Riley and Jonesie are disgruntled with their team, they just end up doning all day. Right. Mm-hmm so I can see sures he doing that at least for a little bit, and then just absolutely snapping, like he's reached a threshold. Yeah. And he is like fucking done with these assholes. And I think, cause they're not willing to put in the
Dean: work and that is there as well. And that's why she, yeah. That's why she backed Shorty's play versus Michael's keeping Michael's as a coach. That's why she goes and actually goes back to Michael's mm-hmm and to bring him in as a, as an ex Tene as a player.
Awesome: Yeah. Yeah. So she's like, look, you had your strengths, right? Like you are a good attendee. You're just a shit coach Yeah, exactly. And then takes place in the episode, know your role for a fucking reason.
Shoresy: Yep. Dean. Do you wanna rewind on that? Do you the comment before?
Awesome: So, uh,
Dean: pal said, I think now you're gonna open up a lot more next season, uh, and that, uh, mm-hmm you see her mention a soft spot forum, uh, to Laura that the picture just begs for exposition, right? So,
Music: yeah, when
Tiara: speaking of speaking of Laura, like I love that scene when she was in there interviewing them. I loved NA and the way she talked about how she loved. All of that, but I also love that, you know, she was pretty skeptical of anything, but also was with the crowd as they got, like when shorty got into a fight, her smile came out. Like there he is. Yeah.
Awesome: Okay. I see him now. So like the top, the top of the third period, the first fucking thing Surey does is run the goalie mm-hmm , which, you know, if you've listened to Kizo talk about anything to do with hockey, you know, that that's just like a no fly zone for him, for any hockey player. Like you don't fuck with a man's goalie. The first thing sures he does is run the goalie through the back of it. The immediate cut is you go to Laura and she's smiling at him. And it's so sweet. Mm-hmm and she's like, oh yeah, I see what you're doing. Yeah, you're cute. You're cute. It's like what I said
Tiara: in, in the last, or was it the last episode where it was like, I feel like they're gonna be the, the long mm-hmm , you know, the, the moonlighting relationship they're gonna end up together in the end, but like, it's just gonna be this, like, I can't like you Colburn
Awesome: you. I can't like you. Yeah. We layer won't they? Yeah.
Dean: And so Nathan brings up about how long shores he's been at. They play at least 20 games in the last, a few months, at
Awesome: least. So how many did we figure out? How
Tiara: many were in a
Awesome: regular season? Uh, like I know we asked somebody at some point. I, I don't Kristen, he was here. I think
Dean: we asked him. Yeah. And it was something in the 60 seventies, something like that, I think.
Awesome: Yeah. It's like 60 games in a regular season. Yeah. And then playoffs. So, okay. This, this is a point I want to make. Holy shit. I want to know. 82, what? 82, 82, 82. Is that
Dean: including the, the, uh, playoffs or
Awesome: design include
Shoresy: playoffs? Uh, playoffs.
Tiara: So
Awesome: okay. This is the,
Tiara: the quote. Anyway, uh, the 1,312 game, regular season schedule 82 games per team. we'll conclude Friday, April 29th. When 30 of the leagues 32 teams take to the ice, da da, da, da, da, um, sorry. This was at the end of last season. Uh,
Awesome: and that's for the NHL. That's
Tiara: that's from the NHL 1312, 13, 12,
Awesome: sorry. Um, I'll cap some that,
Tiara: uh, yeah, 82 gain, uh, per team, not counting playoffs. Okay.
Awesome: I, I wanna say that. So your is probably a little bit different. Yeah. The nohow specifically, because they've only got four teams. Right. Um, and like, I don't know what
Music: it would be in that world.
Awesome: I I've seen a lot of people going, well, why would they be in the playoffs anyway? And I'm like, look, they don't have to win a single game to be in the playoffs. Mm-hmm how look me in the eye. And tell me how you think the playoffs work in a 14 league.
Shoresy: Hmm. Yeah.
Dean: Cause you can't, you can't just
Awesome: have three it'll be the first person four that's like do that. Yeah, it has to be four teams. It literally can't be more because if it was more, then they'd be automatically deed due to the record. If it was fewer, then there wouldn't be any actual playoffs. It has to be a 14 league and they're guaranteed a spot in the playoffs because it's a 14 league. Mm-hmm they don't have to win a single game to make it to the playoffs. I always, always, they don't have to. I always bring up
Tiara: roller to be when watching this, because it's the only sport that I ever played and understand really well. Mm-hmm um, and it reminds me of before it started getting super serious and there were leagues all over the world, but it like inner league play would be like four teams on each league. Right. Yeah. And you would have playoffs, you would have, the end of the season would be first versus fourth and second versus third. And then whoever won both matches would end up playing the championship best. Right. Um, and yeah, it's, it's funny to me, how many of these things I, I keep, I keep in my mind, I'm like, oh, this is like roller B, da, da, da. And I'm like, oh, that's for a reason. Um, a lot of roller J became
Awesome: from hockey. yeah. And a lot
Tiara: of hockey players
Awesome: play roller DVY so
Dean: real quick, going back to, uh Shoresy and Laura, there's a couple comments on PHY aile says it, uh, the love for him really kind of shows when she asked him to take out the taste. Right.
Awesome: He was giggly like, yeah. It's so adorable.
Dean: Uh, and that, uh, she, she likes the warrior more than the man, I think at least for now. Agreed. Uh, so yeah, and that kind of goes back to the Michael's, uh, thing about how he doesn't stand up. He doesn't really stand up for himself. Mm-hmm , he's just a doormat, uh, Sanger is kind of in that middle zone right now. Um, he doesn't,
Awesome: he's learning how to be a little more boss. Right.
Dean: Has he's he's getting that confidence and I think Michael's is hopefully headed that way for himself. I hope so. I, yeah. The other thing I question is, you know, the part where he ran out and says he wants to win the team over, why does he wanna win the team over? That's kind that that's kind of, one of, he needs to be a part of it. Well, that, or does, is he gotta, has he got, has he got, does he have other, some other alt have an alter? He have a long game. Yeah. So, I mean, he's not dumb. No. Uh, so yeah, just, I that's one thing that kinda stuck
Awesome: think that's why he went into coaching was because he was, he wanted to still be involved in the game and he thought that's the only way he could be involved in the game.
Shoresy: Yeah.
Awesome: Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, I did that with roller so yeah. Um, until I was done, then he's just, he is just a way better player than he is a coach. And look, coaching is a whole fucking skill set in itself. I've seen way too many baseball players fail upward into coaching yep. You know, and they don't have a fucking clue what their doing, but
Dean: Nathan, that he thinks Michaels is running for captain. He's going
Awesome: for
Music: captain. Oh no, fuck
Awesome: there. I'm absolutely. Absolutely not. He might, that's still a big he's gun in for it, but he's never gonna get it and he'd be a shit C so there you go. You know, like I said, he's too much of a pussy to actually assert himself.
Dean: Yeah. I, and I think I, you know, he, he likes, he knows his skillset and I think the team now knows his skillset. Mm-hmm
Awesome: uh, and, and as long as he respects that skillset. He'll be golden. Yeah. When he tries to go past it, then he is gonna fall flat on his face and eat shit on the ice. Like he should. Yeah.
Dean: All right. Any other thoughts? Theories, trivia, cetera that we have. Oh,
Awesome: good. How are you? Awesome. Yeah. Well, so like if we're gonna go character intro, clip. Yeah. Who's the fucking bear. Who's the bear.
Tiara: I like it.
Awesome: Who's the fucking bear. Cause they make such a big deal in the last episode. And in this episode about poking the bear, who's the fucking bear. I put it to you. Shore's the bear. Mm. I
Tiara: think the bulldogs are the bear. I think that they got a taste of winning and don't wanna lose again. And all of them are frustrated that they have to play this team that they know in their minds are. Very strong and all of them think that the way to do it is at the beginning. Anyway, they think that, oh, you know, this is the right idea.
Awesome: Let's get a little closer to your mic please. Oh,
Tiara: I keep move, knocking it outta the way. So I
Music: have to put it on your boob. I did
Awesome: anyway,
Tiara: um,
Awesome: lost my train of thought. What was I
Dean: you, you think that, that, that the bulldogs
Awesome: are the bear,
Tiara: right? Um, I think that, um, especially in that, that third period, they were like, okay, here now we're fully awake. And that was like, the whole team was, was just having fun out there again. And the crowd was enjoying it. And you know, when the team is having fun, that's when they are on it. And usually that team is having fun when they're being dominating and they were able to find how to have fun, even when they're
Awesome: not right. I mean,
Tiara: agree the think they're the, they think they're the bear. The Sue
Awesome: has Al. What was that? They lost
Dean: that game. They lost that game before, uh, before they took the ice with
Awesome: everyone telling 'em how good are exactly. Yeah. It's a lot. It's very psychological.
Dean: It it's like the Patriots in the last 15 years.
Awesome: so like, I have
Tiara: another roller Derby thing that I, I mentioned to Dean when, when we were watching this, um, if you were a fan of roller Derby during the early two thousands, like saved like the last 20 years, let's say that, uh, you know, that, uh, there have been certain teams that have been like world dominating teams, um, at, you know, I for, I can go back it's Olympia then, uh, Gotham in New York and rose city, as of before the apocalypse, um, those three teams, the reason why they were so. Dominating, um, was because a lot of the players on it were professional hockey players or former Olympians and that sort of thing. And, you know, they, those were the teams that were able to draw them to 'em. So you had these teams that went over and over and over again, and, um, like only was dominating before anyone took roll iTry seriously. Then when they started taking it seriously, New York started winning constantly. And I think it was like a three year streak where they didn't lose a single game. And then, um, rose city, which is Portland, where we are now, uh, rose city one year came within a few points of beating them and nobody had beat them in so long that literally they gained hundreds of, you know, probably thousands of fans over. and the next year came back and beat them by one point and then continued to beat them the next two years. and those two teams have just been going back and forth since then. Again, I don't know what's happened in the apocalypse. Uh, uh, I think Denver was starting to, to be the, the contender before 2020, but I wasn't paying as much attention at that point. But like, what I see in this is, is, you know, I watched Roe city go from not a small team. It was never a small team, but to go from a team where I, you know, hung out with people, you know, just randomly wanted to come down to Portland, to having some serious, like athletic level, uh, Olympic level athletic competition happening. It is it's wild to see that. And I feel like that could be the kind of, you know, trajectory that I see with shore Z's team with the bulldogs, you know? Sure. They were, they weren't winning, but now they've gotten a taste of winning and they've. Given the, the perpetual winners, a taste of what it's like to maybe be afraid
Awesome: of not winning.
Dean: And it is, they had to experience that game with a full roster. So they couldn't, uh, could find the weakness in the suit. So now they, they know they're going next time and they will take 'em to task. So, yeah, that's
Awesome: right. Definitely. That was
Tiara: what shows was saying about how, you know, they don't want anything to do with the gyms, which is why the gyms were able to scores because the Sue were afraid of the gyms now, because the, the gyms have this reputation,
Awesome: the gyms operate largely on their reputation. Mm-hmm right. As like a one fucking scrapers don't fuck with us will put you in the ground. And I would argue, honestly, a lot of the team's transformation and attitude towards, you know, it's not that they don't love to win it's that they don't hate to lose derives from Shoresy and his attitude and like, he couldn't, without the help of. Dolo H goody and JJ, he could not inculcate his players with that attitude, but seeing a team like a core team that operates on that principle provides a solid example of how that drive can propel you to success. Yeah, mm-hmm so seeing, you know, the, the core five have, you know, that drive really turns the entire team around. So it all, it all trickles down from Shoresy true. And now Phish is in on the program and one assumes also Summerfield and Whitey and Phillips mm-hmm . Mm. And with those guys turns the whole team. Yeah. Once,
Tiara: once, uh, when watching Michael's fight to be accepted and Phish doing kind of the opposite, just doing his job, keeping his head down and not basically not having much of a personality for viewers, but right. Yeah. But being like the total opposite of Michael's in like that unassuming, I'm just gonna do my job and you don't need to give me praise for it. I guess I'm doing
Awesome: okay. And I'm doing exactly what you told me to do. Exactly. I think that was, yeah.
Tiara: Shorty's like, well, I like you because you're willing to like, fuck yourself up for the
Awesome: team. Yeah. Got body in, in front of it. You're getting there. Yeah. No, she says, we see you sacrificing your body for a team. Yeah. So that's what gets you to spot on the starting lineup and you know, it, it really did start with Sanger insisting that Phish got the game stick mm-hmm . Hmm. Yeah.
Dean: And that was definitely the part where Sanger really this, he, he was. He made the decision. This is, and, and the other sluts aside from Shoresy agreed with him. So that kind of cemented him as the true, you know, as the coach that he's the he's who he's, who's in charge and in the end.
Awesome: Well, and I think even when Shoresy is not actually wearing the sea on his sweater, he's still wearing the sea on his shoulder. Yes. You know what I mean? Yes. Um, and like, so Sanger knew he had to convince the captain. And so he set out to do that. And then the rest of the boys fell in line.
Shoresy: Yep.
Dean: Everything. Cause there, everything was almost right with the world.
Awesome: once, once Sanger convinces Shoresy and Shoresy kind of like finally goes,
Shoresy: okay, okay.
Awesome: He accepts that. Yeah. Phish really is playing for the team. Not for himself. Yeah.
Dean: I mean, even when he is telling him, he's not really looking at him
Awesome: in the eyes mm-hmm yeah, no, it, once, once shorty is convinced that the boys are playing for the team, that is when he like accepts them into the fold. Yeah. Because that is what he wants. He wants people to be playing for the family. Yeah. He wants people to be willing to make the sacrifice for the family cuz that's what he is willing to do. And he wants that. Reciprocated
Dean: agreed. Yeah. Shoresy is he, I mean he's, as we've seen from the very, his very end of, of Letterkenny, when he's basically putting in the. To just, he just wrecks himself. He's puking . Yeah.
Awesome: And so, well, he, he goes so hard. He has to fucking bend over a bucket, every three lap, like fucking a yeah.
Dean: So we, we know where his level is and, you know, and they, and which is explained in episode four with, with how he was raised and how he kind of forces himself to be better all the time. Uh, because he hates losing so fucking much. So yeah, that's kind of, I mean, you see the, you see the, where the, where the seed started and where it's gotten to.
Awesome: Yeah. And no, and I, and now it's
Music: flourished
Awesome: I, I think it's absolutely fascinating, like the psychology of the individual, right? Like, and so this is like a, this is a way more fanfic thought. What you have
Dean: fanfic thoughts.
Music: shut
Awesome: four. I'm a
Dean: slut
Music: SLU. Like,
Awesome: I, I want like a whole series on like Surey and he's got like disordered eating for being like food insecure before he was placed with his dad. And then he finally like, feels like he's got a home with his dad and Morris and Carrie and free, and he's like sorts his shit out then and gets a lot of healthier habits. But then like when he's feeling pressured, when he. Like is so fearful and so hateful of losing with Sudbury, then he like kind of relapses in the bad habits and has to sort himself out again. Mm-hmm and I think it'd be very interesting to bring goody in, at several points in that arc to like compare and contrast his information from the past or his behavior from the past and in the present. Are you,
Dean: are you saying that you'd like to see, uh, go have them kind of go the, the big bang theory route into a young Shoresy
Awesome: no Christ push all fuck. Big bang theory. That was the worst show to ever happen
Music: to office ever.
Dean: I'm not saying I'm not saying that it was that it was good at all. I'm just saying that, that they, then they end up coming up with young Sheldon.
Awesome: Well, no, I think like some flashbacks might be helpful, but like, so like Surey in his youth has some like unhealthy habits, but he is working on it, but like goody. Because they've been friends for so long, goody has seen some of those unhealthy habits and I has seen some of his recovery and they in the present goody can recognize when Shorty's relapsing and is like, Haven, get your shit together. Yeah. Like I care about you as a person. So like maybe maybe stop making yourself puke all the fucking time. And I don't know how
Dean: old he would be now, but I could see a young shores. He be played by the kid that played Samuel
. Awesome: So like, I fucking love Samuel, right? Because like kids, whether they know it or not, they have this habit of like dishing your own shit out to you. So like, whatever shit Samuel gives Wayne, that is absolutely the shit that Wayne gave to the adults in his life. And he a hundred percent deserves it. Oh yeah. Um, that said now I, I, um, I just, I think it would be interesting to have like somebody who knew him in his youth, like goody and somebody who knows him now, mm-hmm right. Like have that con sort of continuity and like have a character like goody, be able to say, you know what? You're hurting yourself. I can see you hurting yourself. Please stop hurting yourself.
Dean: Yeah. Everyone agrees to fuck big bang theory.
Awesome: Yeah. good job. Yep. I agree. Nice. Oh yeah. Oh my God girl. In the comic
Music: which my house
Awesome: is a comic. I want fight whoever penned that line, because like I do you, do you think I'm not in my local comic shop every fucking week? Do you really? Yeah.
Tiara: Think seriously? How many boxes? I, I got rid of the shit ton of books when we moved, but I brought all the
Awesome: comic ranks,
Tiara: all of the graphic novels, all of the
Awesome: trades that were salvageable.
Shoresy: Hey,
Awesome: right. The,
Tiara: the tropes with as oh, we're not saying Sheldon is autistic. Here's all the, the things we think make someone silly when they're autistic. Yeah. That's
Awesome: unlike Keso no fucking
Tiara: same. Yes.
Awesome: Yep. Um, we're all nerds here. Yes. If you don't listen to our show, we're all on the,
Dean: a bit neuro divergent in some way in some. Yeah. Yeah,
Awesome: yeah. Really? Don't think they're in the person in this meeting. Who's not in this meeting.
Tiara: No. Yeah. Okay. I was gonna say, oh, let's not go with the little, everyone's a little autistic cause that'll piss me off. But, um, I do fully believe, I do fully believe that if you can find yourself in the DSM, you are probably neurodivergent.
Awesome: Yep. I that's. What stands have you not seen? Like the screened I went on on redded about everyone's a little istic. No, I didn't
Tiara: see it, but thank you.
Awesome: Cause I struggle with that with like, I do also find racist. Well, that's a little
Tiara: different. Um, I, I find it really funny though that most of the people that I, that say that in my presence, I have probably thought at one point in time that they were, and that is kind of like a gateway drug. Like someone goes, oh, I think everybody's a little autistic because they're actually starting to see that in themselves. And they think, well, they're starting
Awesome: everybody. Their own experience. Everybody must be that way. No, no, not really. Actually. No. Yeah, but doesn't everybody struggle with X, Y, Z, obviously. Neuro divergent symptom. No, actually, no. Oh,
Tiara: everybody's messy that this is, that's a totally different, that is not a thing
Awesome: that. Like you don't know Missy until you've seen executive
Tiara: dysfunction and depression at the same
Awesome: time. All right. Before we get into it
Dean: entire let's do the thing conversation. Uh, let's get into the, uh,
Awesome: until we get into a three hour
Dean: podcast, a new game. Yeah. And we were expecting that always with awesome. Always with awesome. We, we will definitely
Awesome: get, I literally didn't write down that much
Tiara: stuff just cause I was like, oh, it'll be awesome. Like that's good. We we're gonna talk for an hour and I won't even have to look at my
Awesome: notes. Okay. You wanna know something funny is I actually did not write anything down this time either because I knew I was just gonna be able to like dive, writing and get in
Shoresy: all the shape. Cause legit. Yep.
Awesome: Yep. Yeah. All right.
Dean: Let's do the game. So's uh, so, uh, if any of you've been here before, uh, then you're gonna, and remember this game, but, uh, for the, you knew folks, this is, uh, kinda like how we did on how are you now, but, uh, it's a little bit different. Uh, our, our version of fuck fight further here is, uh, underwater squeezer drop the Miz or healthy scratch. Um, it's, uh, this is, and it is not whether or not you would give it to the person, but whether or not they deserve it. Um, so underwater, squeezer, do they deserve it underwater squeezer, should they, should the MITs be dropped and they need a, they need to be scrapped with, or are they a healthy scratch for this episode? They didn't really add much, but yeah, they're there. So, and they're there as we like to do, we're gonna start with Surey and I know where we're all going on this I'm pretty sure, uh,
Awesome: awesome squeezer . Honey pee baby girl, squeezing. Like he tried so hard. He tried, what's hard, so hard. What's hard.
Shoresy: so hard.
Music: So hard. I love you. Awesome. uh, alright, let's go. Sanger,
Awesome: squeezer,
Shoresy: squeeze.
Tiara: I, I it's my head cannon that he didn't sleep with Mercedes that he was so uncomfortable.
Dean: Yeah. So PPH file also says healthy scratch could also be a stick tap. So true
Awesome: story. True story. All right. Uh, Nat Nat deserves
Music: a finger bang or a squeezer or whatever the fuck she wants.
Awesome: I will suck for 10 hours. I don't care.
Dean: Hello? Yes.
Awesome: Yes. I agreed all of it. Yeah, yeah. Yes.
Shoresy: Z yes, Z the face. You know what.
Awesome: The face is hilarious. I I'm just gonna say sisters. She has been working so hard to get this team for this team. Mm-hmm to get to where they are. I I'm just gonna see this right now. Everyone tonight is getting your fucking sneezer. Nope, Nope. This one's not that's that can't be, but hold on. We'll hold to it. Hold on. We'll get to it. Hold on Z. Agreed. I think
Tiara: for when in unveiling, the sweater, the way she did and then like having to hide her face cuz she was giggling so hard because she thought it was so cute. Like come on, she didn't do anything terrible in this one. Let her get, let her get a little
Awesome: action. Yeah a yeah. Yeah. He definitely gets the
Dean: squeezer pH fossils. We finally get to see singers an infamous underwater squeezer. Right. And the infamous
Awesome: AUM, AUM, Frank, what I done without the tur floating in the water. I say without that,
Dean: that it's part of the combo. Uh, so, so where are we on Z? Are we, are we, is they,
Awesome: they get squeezer all of them up until Ze get squeezer up until Zeke on, on your
Tiara: list. Yes. I don't know. Do you have something after Zeig that is not
Awesome: before that I didn't have in mind. No, no. So I we've said we've said squeezer for
Dean: everybody so far. So here's uh, for me where the myths get
Awesome: dropped, JJ drop the. Fuck. Yeah. Fuck him. He abandoned his team. Yep. Mm-hmm follow him. He gets the Miz. Right.
Tiara: And it's, like I said, in the last episode, if you're gonna be a slut, don't bring your girlfriend and be open about it. Like just say not, not in a monogamous relationship with you when I'm in this other city, I'm probably going to be with other people. Like don't make her freak out all night long. Exactly. Worrying about what's going on and knowing what's going on and having to confront you before. You're right. And, yeah. Sorry. Um, and then like in front of all these other people too, like she's embarrassed because she knows this is happening and they know this is happening and it's like, fuck you,
Awesome: JJ. Fuck you, Bre. It is so breezing. Cause like you said, out front parks, her fucking Jeep
Tiara: out fan. You're not a fan. Ugh. No, fuck
Awesome: you.
Dean: Sorry. So yeah, Nathan says I would kick J Frankie, JJ, and the NAS. He has smoking red, hot smoking, hot red head girlfriend. And he ruins it like a fool.
Awesome: Right. And
Dean: then's so pretty fighter files says JJs been off his game, outside the game, which, which also affects his game game
Awesome: so well, like his game got better when she showed
Dean: up. Yeah. That's why I'm saying that's it had an effect on his actual game. Mm-hmm so, uh, let's go.
Shoresy: Tolo
Awesome: I know what get the squeezer. I was
Tiara: like, I know
Awesome: what Austin wants him to go. Boom. On
Dean: squeezing squeezer for dolo. I'm guessing the same for goody. Good.
Awesome: Hitch. Well, yeah, I would give bit of a squeezer,
Dean: ah, hitch pies. He needs a squeezer
Awesome: Swayer
Dean: who? Yeah, all this one, I think also gets the bits dropped S in the booth. CE deserve the, I got confused. Sorry.
Awesome: She's all she a big hug. She gets, she gets a, gets a
Music: big hug. She deserves, she deserves
Awesome: squeeze. She deserves all of that. Oh yes. Yeah.
Dean: Sorry. I was, I was jumping ahead to the yes, you were mm-hmm so yeah, don't do that.
Awesome: Uh, Michael's Michael's gets squeezer, squeezer.
Tiara: Oops. He got, he got hit over and over and over and over and
Awesome: over again, he tried so hard fish also gets a fish, gets squeeze, Laura Moore, Laura to get the squeeze. Yeah. Like, okay. So like she tells him to like take his tooth out. Love eye.
Music: Yeah. That was the best flirt. Was that brought that up a little bit ago
Awesome: that I think that was PPH file. Yeah, but yet, no. I definitely think that she has like a weakness for slots. Yeah. But she tries to like reign that in hard and I'm yeah, sure. He really is wearing her down.
Dean: I, I, and I'm, I made a comment of this before. I mean, she's got a kid I'm wondering if
Awesome: that's from a slut. Right. So, so read the read
Dean: the, yeah. Yeah. So PDO files says, I just loved how it finally clicked. And Laura had, uh, adapted to Shorty's and his quirks reminded by when he took the tooth out too.
Awesome: Right. Uh, like the way that she knew beats to the hall. Right. Exactly. Every sheet, every time she knows
Dean: that or, or they, they
Awesome: synced up actually. Yeah. Mm-hmm same. Yeah. And then she just smiles like Ahuh. She,
Dean: I know you're gay.
Awesome: I, I, I honestly, I think it's not even just like wearing her down. I think he, he really is impressing her. With the sincerity of his interest. Yeah. And I think that's, that's what she, she find consistency charming. Yes. Yeah. I think that's what she really doesn't like about sluts is that they're fickle mm-hmm and Surey is the opposite of fickle. Like I said, all his, he needs to be grounded and he hasn't, he his behavior for its people's aspirational. It is all with the goal of making them his tribe. Yeah. And
Tiara: he's not, he's not picked up any women this season. He's only
Awesome: flirted with Laura. He only hasn't, he's only flirted with Laura and it's not like sures. He could not get mad pussy cuz he obviously could, he could get whatever he wanted. He chooses Laura and his wants are specific. You
Tiara: know, and I think she's starting to see that like, in, in that last episode where she, where they were giggling and flirting and she's like, oh man,
Awesome: fuck,
Music: look
Awesome: like, like, I've
Dean: been Nathan and PhiPAL both say, he'd be, so he'd
Awesome: be so fucking, I've been in that position where all
Tiara: of a sudden you realize that someone that you had said no to is actually kind of attractive and you're like,
Awesome: goddammit well, and like the thing is I can understand her being cautious because she does have a kid and who the fuck wants to waste their time. Yeah. Like
Tiara: she is, she is a grown woman and she's got, she's got this kid and this life and,
Awesome: and this job she's. Yeah. You know, I dunno. It's funny. Why would she get involved with someone who isn't gonna be cool with her job or with her having a kid? Right. Totally.
Tiara: And who's just gonna fuck off whenever, because you know, something pretier comes along where in
Awesome: shores, these world, she doesn't want a JJ. No, she wants a fucking grown ass partner. Yes. So
Dean: anyway, so let's move on to
Awesome: Tiara's
Music: favorite character.
Awesome: Oh yeah.
Tiara: Great. The other reason why I was a little weary of Shoresy when I heard that it was going to be Shoresy and Anique that we're both in this. I was like, oh Jesus. I hate both of them, but like I have, I, I have grown to love Shoresy I still fucking hate
Awesome: an yeah. Okay. So here's the thing, right? Like when we first see an unquestionable call, she tells Jay on right. To like coolest fucking jets when he starts getting a little, um, weird. And then in this one, he's like, there's a, you know, possible amount of good looking girls in Suby and she's like, yeah, go hit the showers respectfully, respectfully. I genuinely think. That he tried to hit on her. and then when she shot him down, he tried nagging her and she's like, no, you're a child. Get the fuck away from me.
. Dean: So then you're dropping the Miz for a Nick or you're squeeze or what are you healthy? Scratch.
Awesome: I'll I'll give with Nick is, yeah, I'll give a Nick a healthy, healthy scratch. Healthy scratch. All right. I can go with that. Yeah,
Dean: but Tesa, she gets a squeezer from me for sure.
Awesome: Tesa gets a squeezer healthy scratch. y'all go right ahead. But
Dean: he's Jay Jay on, right? Uh, I, I give him a healthy IRA. Get some MI
Awesome: I give him I'll ring. It's the Miz you give. Okay. He it's the Miz. Okay. All right. And what about you? I find him super annoying. I, and as like fictional character, that's the Cardinal sin.
Tiara: Okay. I mean, for me, the, the whole newscast was just like a, so healthy
Awesome: scratch for all of them.
Dean: Okay. So RA you give a healthy scratch. I, yeah, me.
Awesome: Yeah. RA gets scratch. I'm sorry. All right.
Dean: Now the squeezer giver Mercedes,
Awesome: I can, she's a slut
Tiara: and I can respect her. Yeah. I can absolutely respect it. She's open about what she wants and what she's gonna do. And like
Awesome: does not very fucking upfront, man. She made no secret of anything. Bitch gets a squeezer.
Tiara: Okay. I definitely have respect for, for somebody who is unapologetically
Awesome: themself, unabashedly,
Dean: unabashedly, uh, yeah, squeezes all around, uh, here, here. Okay. So now we can drop the myths. Let son Nadu.
Awesome: Fuck her. You know, Lisa, she, she parked up front on purpose. She knew he had a girlfriend mm-hmm she even said like waved
Tiara: at her.
Awesome: Hello. And she went in the other. Yeah.
Tiara: Mm, fuck her. Mm-hmm Nope, that was calculated. That was I'm gonna go over
Awesome: there. It's like, yeah, she was not
Tiara: ignorant. I'm gonna go sleep with him. I don't care that he's got a girlfriend and then hopes I got caught. hi. I love you.
Awesome: You're I'm a fan. Okay. Well, what I wanna know is like JJ, tell li that Laurel was his girlfriend, or did she assume like JJ did that? They were just friends with benefits. How
Tiara: do you think that JJ assumed that they were friends with benefits
Awesome: because JJ does not X, like he was in a committed relationship with Laurel when there's like a hockey, fuck boy, who's going to another city to get fucking tail. Yes,
Tiara: he does. However, um, the, the thing that we were saying before was you don't invite somebody to come and, and be in the same city with you. If you're not in a relationship with them, it's obviously that he was waiting for her to get there. That he felt like shit until she got there, played like
Awesome: shit until she got there. Yeah. So now here's an interesting, so here's the thing, right? Like I think he thought they had a friends with benefits situation. I don't believe that. And he thought that they were in a relationship. I mean, she came all the way from Quebec. I do not believe that to stay with him, the movie star Quebec, but yeah, like she came to spend the weekend and then go back and then she didn't go back and JJs like the fuck.
Dean: So hang on. So hang on. All right.
Awesome: Agree to
Music: were watching a different,
Awesome: so,
Dean: uh, so pardon now PFL says Las song knows she's fucking up the team by distracting JJ too. Mm-hmm which I don't disagree, but I, I, well, here's the thing. I think it's, it's quite possible. Somebody knows that he's he, and like Nathan says he's a manhole as it was just as we brought up. Yeah. In the first episode. But, but hang on,
Awesome: forget manhole. He just Ahoe. But
Dean: so, but by that it's is it possible that someone could have brought her in to do just that to fuck with the team? Oh, oh, you think
Awesome: it's sabotage could be. So I still
Tiara: think it's just a, a selfish woman who saw something she wanted and decided to go get it because he had a reputation.
Awesome: Yeah. And he's a dummy. No, she pH files. Got it. Right. The
Tiara: sluts are covering for him.
Awesome: That's true. Straight up says no, he's at the reticent. And then he's like, I don't know.
Dean: Yeah. When she asked where, where is he? I don't know. so no,
Awesome: he's definitely exercising a bit of bros before. Yeah. Incorrectly, I think. Um, no, but I, I genuinely think that, so, okay. Here's another thing I think. JJ is definitely dealing with brain damage. I think he's dealing with a lot of post-concussion syndrome. I don't think he's like a hundred percent compost Manus okay. Cause like, okay. In letter, Kenny, he's clever. He's witty, he's on it with the chirps. He gives back and forth. He speaks fucking English mm-hmm and in Shoresy he's forgetful, he has to repeat things and he has to have things repeated to him. He completely stopped speaking English. He's distracted or just absolutely not present a lot of the time.
Dean: Yeah. Staring out in a space a lot.
Awesome: I've seen that. Yeah. Like I, I think he's dealing with some traumatic brain and I think that's why he wasn't on a team when Shoresy went to recruit him. Because he was supposed to be resting. He was supposed to be recovering. Hmm. Okay. And then shorts, he brings him in and he, you know, just wants the dubs. So he's not really paying attention. And I wonder if this is gonna come back up in series two, where JJ finally admits to the team that yeah. I'm dealing with like TBI and then Shoresy is like, fuck, I should have noticed something. I know this guy. I know what he's like. Why didn't I notice?
Dean: Yeah. I don't know. I, well, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out, but yeah. Yeah. Uh, Nathan says JJ, uh, has relationship add, puts by put, uh, put something pretty in front of him and he can't help himself.
Awesome: I mean, you just described a slut.
Dean: He, he, he definitely, he definitely, uh, I think he craves the attention.
Awesome: Yeah. And he craves the external validation. I think that's MFA. I think that is more pronounced by the fact that he wasn't on a team when he's like pretty been pretty consistently, you know, valued by the hockey community up to that point, because he used to play in this show. And now he's like in these fucking like local leagues,
Dean: so yeah. But where does that? So now I do, here's the thing, Laura Ross definitely thinks that they're in a relationship because, because she's got his Siamese cat mm-hmm so you don't, you leave that with somebody you, you trust. I'm assuming that they've been living together based off of that.
Awesome: That
Music: sounds that's what it's not, I think
Awesome: that's a bit of a stretch. Uh, not
Dean: necessarily. I mean, you would live with your cat
Awesome: would think like I would leave my dog with a friend. That I trusted to take care of him, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I'm sleeping with them. Well, I, I, I, or I feel like, I feel like the
Tiara: show tried to make a big deal that they were together and that he was cheating on her. I don't
Awesome: don't think there was any ambiguity between them show me, might have, he might have been lying to her. He might
Tiara: have been lying to her or playing her or whatever, but I still like stand by the show, presented them
Awesome: as a relationship that he was cheating, which is, which is
Dean: why the
Awesome: bros were covering for him. Mm-hmm
Tiara: because she's a relationship. If he was just sleeping with her,
Awesome: he wouldn't care if she
Dean: knew. And by, by the way, big props for getting the girl at the, uh, from the Colson that
Awesome: was dancing. Right.
Music: You fucking goodie. Good.
Awesome: Goldie Goldie,
Dean: Scott Goldie. So anyway, let's finish, let's finish up Las. So where are you on? Lason
Awesome: ITO? LA's a healthy.
Dean: All right. All. And then finally Benny and Reed
Awesome: nuo okay. Re I love that Remi got drunker and just started saying his name. He just,
Dean: he just said his own
Awesome: name, just over Ram Nao,
Shoresy: Nao.
Dean: Uh, yeah, that was Benny been bin
Awesome: Ben malls. What? Ben Benny brew.
Dean: Yeah. I, they were great. And, and pulling the Ru pulling the rug off was
Awesome: great. Right. I learned like he, the cheered so hard, his headset fell off. Ugh. Yeah. You, he took the tooth pain with
Tiara: it. Yes. No. When, when Tierny took it off, he, he then
Awesome: grabbed it and threw it. And so, so it was it fucking like a rally towel, right. Started whipping it around.
Dean: Yeah, exactly. Yeah. Oh, Uh, Tierny and torn. Love them. You gotta love them. Absolutely.
Awesome: Genius. Yes. Like not worthy. No. Yeah,
Dean: no. I mean maybe,
Awesome: but healthy scratch.
Music: So,
Dean: and says it was a very bad hairpiece
Awesome: it was, it was so bad. It was bad. It was very bad on purpose. Yeah. I can respond. It was so bad. It was good.
Dean: I, I love how they're made to look like, uh, like they're from the seventies.
Awesome: Yeah. Most motherfuckers straight up stepped out in 1973. Don't argue
Dean: with me. They jumped from the, uh, from the booth in, uh, in slapshot over
Music: to just
Awesome: about, maybe that was now. I need to,
Tiara: at that again, did they actually, I wonder
Awesome: between that and like the board to be alive moment, like not
Music: to be alive. Like the
Awesome: disco and the seventies vibes. Oh yeah. And like drinking scotch in their recording booth. I love it. Brilliant. Yeah. I mean,
Dean: yeah. I kind of wish they had had an organ player too. Just like
Music: he,
Dean: Nathan says I had a priest at my Catholic school who had a blonde wig, but he had black hair. So that's why he had a blonde wig.
Awesome: That's hilarious
Dean: for vanity. That's amazing. Hilarious. But who's gonna question the priest. Right,
Awesome: right. What was that dude? Really?
Dean: I said, who's gonna question the priest
Awesome: about it, right? Yeah. sir, literally anybody with a brain.
Dean: FA fires your
Awesome: head. fel. Do you care how you look?
Dean: boy. So, uh, did I miss anybody? I think that don't
Awesome: don't think so. I think you got everybody. I think we got 'em
Dean: all we had. No, we had no Pam this episode, so
Awesome: unfortunate. I like Pam. Pam takes no shit a lover. Yeah. I do wanna see her aim up with H though. I think that'd be fucking funny. making, take your gyms, put your gyms in, have some self respect. No, take your gyms out. Give me head exactly. You know,
Tiara: after seeing, um, that actor, uh, do an interview when he was still playing and stuff, uh, without the heavy accent, I, I do have to
Awesome: admit, yeah. Speaking English very clearly. I, I was
Tiara: much more like,
Awesome: Ooh. Oh, it
Dean: hits you. Same JJ. Seeing him put his in the juniors.
Awesome: Well, JJ,
Tiara: actually it was exactly how I imagined it.
Awesome: The like did the. Look look like a very sweet young man. Uh the thing is, yeah, he is probably what,
Dean: 16, 17
Awesome: at the time. Yeah, exactly. But I mean, he's a baby. Yeah. He was a baby. He was, he was very much, but yeah. Watch
Dean: watching that spit spit. It was a chicklet spit chicklets episode that he was on and yeah, him talking just in his regular, I mean, you could tell there was a
Awesome: bit of an episode on an episode. He was on an episode of, uh, tales with Thor too. Yeah. So like Thor's had most of the guys from the show on his podcast.
Shoresy: Very cool.
Dean: Find bunch drug priests with Alon Wigg badly covering his
Awesome: thin black hair. Hell yeah. Great guys. I've uh, I've had a whole ginger beer in like five ounces of whiskey. So there you go. I use the bathroom. Yeah. Well, you know what? It's uh, we're at the end of the show. So we're two hours. So let, uh,
Dean: so let's do, uh, just quite quick, final thoughts if you have any.
Awesome: I wanna see series too. I'm hoping that green light is telling us we're getting serious too seriously.
Shoresy: Definitely.
Dean: Definitely. And that is the help. So yeah, uh, next week or two or three, whenever it happens, uh, keep an eye on this channel, uh, on Twitter or generally we'll be, and we'll, uh, we'll let you know when we're doing our recap, we're gonna be having, uh, Al from the produce stand on as well as, uh, looks like awesome. Has agreed to join as well as some, a few others. Yep. Uh, it'll be a big, uh, big kind of, uh, let's have a part and it'll be a bit of the Brewster club and, uh, it'll, uh, we're gonna have some fun and just kind of recap the season all together. Yeah. Uh, and I will also be, uh, tr and I will also be on the produce stand mm-hmm with their recap. I don't know how we're doing this exactly. But we're
Awesome: doing it. We'll figure it out. We'll figure it out, figure it out. But,
Dean: but, uh, yeah. Yeah. Big, big, thanks to, uh, Fido file and Nathan here for joining us. Uh, thanks again. Awesome. For coming to hang out with us, like, like she does. This is always fun. Um, and, uh, yeah, we're like the rest of you. We're looking forward to season two, but yeah. Check back with us and we'll be talking about that even more so in, in our recap. Yeah. So, uh, goodbye, everybody. We will see you when we see you. So, uh, soon.
Shoresy: Yeah. bye.
Awesome: Take
Dean: care now. Bye. Thanks so much for putting your bums in our seats today. We really appreciate it. We're so grateful to our longtime letter, Kenny fans for being with us this far, and we're also very grateful for any new folks who've chosen to join us. If you have any questions or comment. Please send us email to hosts at how are you now? pod.com or how are you now? Pod gmail.com. You can also reach out to us on Twitter at how are you now pod. We'd love to hear from, we want to give a big shout out to our pals over at life lamp for providing our intro and outro music for the show. The intro tune is for the win and the outro tune is miracle. You can find like a lamp on band camp, Twitter and Instagram. Please go check them out. Your links will be in our show notes. And as we like to say,
Awesome: check the
Shoresy: fuck up saying what? Add like fuck up.
Music: Sang wined, great moments of create opportunity. That's what. To burn in tonight.