Every Damn Thing
We add the Jersey Shore, toe shoes and the word "moist" to the List of Every Damn Thing.
Phil and Jake expand the List of Every Damn Thing by ranking the Jersey Shore
(the geographic location, not the MTV show
), toe shoes
aka ergonomic minimalist footwear, and the word "moist".
If you have something to add to the List of Every Damn Thing, submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We discuss Atlantic City, but we don't talk about Brian de Palma’s underrated Nicolas Cage / Gary Sinise thriller Snake Eyes at all!
- Amity Island-- the fictional town from Jaws-- is in New York, not the Jersey Shore.
- Jon Bon Jovi is at least Jersey Shore-adjacent, and he cut his teeth performing in Shore bars.
- Bruce Springsteen is bona-fide Jersey Shore, and it runs throughout his body of work. Songs like "Atlantic City" and "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)" have Shore locations there in the name. "Born to Run" references Asbury Park less overtly. While the Jersey shore does seem to have refineries (as well as nearby penitentiaries), "Born in the USA" could be about of lot of different places.
- We refer to the iconic Coney Island Steeplechase Funny Face character as just "Steeplechase". The character of Tillie, who appeared later in Asbury Park, is derived from the Steeplechase Funny Face.
- The forest where Phil thought he would die was the Pine Barrens, which is at least near the Jersey Shore.
- The Blair Witch Project takes place in Maryland, not New Jersey. Get Out takes place in Upstate New York, also not New Jersey.
- Jake first noticed the New Jersey ankle socks phenomenon while working Vans Warped Tour 2000 at The Stone Pony.
- People who go to the beach in NJ but are Phillies fans, according to a map of baseball fandom.
- Here's the classic ergonomic chair that we talk about. And here's the sunglasses that connect in the middle.
- Frederick Funston served for the U.S. Army during the Philippine-American war, and took over San Francisco under martial law after the 1906 earthquake and fire. He was a bad guy.
- Jake got his info about research studies regarding why people hate the word "moist" from this Mental Floss article.
Below is the List of Every Damn Thing as of this episode (for the most up-to-date list, go here
- Prince - person
- Donald Duck - fictional character
- Hank Williams, Sr - person
- air - element
- Watchmen - comic book
- onions - food
- intro to “Back That Azz Up” - music
- nail clippers - tool
- rye bread - food
- land - element
- Watchmen - TV series
- Jessica Rabbit - fictional character
- Jersey Shore - location
- crows - animal
- sea - element
- coffee - beverage
- national debt - idea
- band t-shirts - clothing
- moist - word
- lightning rounds - idea
- generation ships - idea
- sardines - animal
- Tommy Bahama shirts - clothing
- toe shoes - clothing
- Watchmen - movie
- blood - substance
- Oreos - food
- sports team jerseys - clothing
- Josta - beverage
- Gambit - fictional character
- Surge - beverage
- Double Stuf Oreos - food
- Jenny McCarthy - person
- Hank Williams, Jr - person
- QAnon - idea
The theme song for this episode is by Jade Puget.
Podcast cover art by Jason Mann.
Our website is everydamnthing.net
Email us at email@example.com
What is Every Damn Thing?
Phil and Jake rank everything.