Anik: Shoresy.
RA: Who?
Tessa: Shoresy.
Anik: Him.
Jay Onrait: Shoresy.
Dean: Ah, yeah. Welcome everyone to our first of what we hope are many, many episodes of Shoresy. I'm Dean. I will be wearing the, uh, there you go. The C today, as we navigate through the episode, you may know me from our big brother Letterkenny podcast. How Are Ya Now? or other podcasts on the PodScure Podcast Network, you can find all of them on podscure.com. We will be doing this in a bit of the same style as How Are Ya Now? in that we will introduce our guests for the week, find out a little bit about them, and then I'll deep dive it into the recap episode. We'll then get into thoughts, theories, trivia, observations, and then we'll get into the, our Shoresy version of Fuck, Fight, FERDA which you may be already aware of. Um, but it'll be a little different in which we will do it as, uh, less of a Fuck, Marry, Kill style, more of a what, what the character deserved do they deserve an underwater squeezer? Do they need to have the mitts dropped or are they a healthy scratch? I'll explain more in detail when we get to that. Tiara!
Tiara: Hey.
Dean: Hey, why don't you, uh, introduce yourself?
Tiara: Oh, hi. I'm Tiara. Uh, co-host of How Are You Now?, Boondocks podcast, sometimes advocate on Disputed. Uh, aspiring children's book, author burnt out teacher. Uh, I don't know what else.
Dean: And my baby girl.
Tiara: Awww.
Dean: Oh yeah. So, uh, if you're just hearing us or seeing us for the first time, uh, welcome, we, uh, we're pretty much on all social media over here. Uh, mostly, uh, you'll find us on Twitter at howareyanowpod but you can find us on Instagram, Discord, I think we're in Facebook, we're on Tumblr, uh, we've got a YouTube channel, you should be watching us on there. Um, Finally, if you'd like to reach out to us for any reason you can do so at hosts@howareyanowpod.com or howareyanowpod@gmail.com. Uh, I'd also like to say, uh, the music because Shoresy is a bit of a different flavor, uh, from what Letterkenny is, and is really focused on hockey. I wanted to have our favorite hockey punk band for our intro and outro music. So a huge, huge amount of gratitude to our good friends over at Light the Lamp. Please check them out on Bandcamp, lightthelamp.bandcamp.com, uh, lightthelampPA on Twitter and lightthelampband out on Facebook. Now we have a, uh, a new person to the show, a new friend of ours, uh, New York Times award-winning author. David Mack! David, how are ya buddy?
David: Hey, New York Times best selling.
Dean: Best selling author. Oh man.
David: I'm an award winning author, but well, the New York times has not given me any.
Dean: Oh, well they should, because you're a damn fine author. I I'm sure. I haven't had a chance to, I haven't, I haven't had a chance to read your books yet, but reading your tweets, you're very eloquent. Uh, you're very clever smart, and, and we, and we love having you as a friend, so...
David: Well, thank you. So, uh, here I am. And how are ya now?
Dean: Good, 'n' you?
David: Oh, not s' bad.
Dean: Alright!
Tiara: Dean, you got to do it backwards!
Dean: I did . Um, so, David, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself, uh, what, what you do when you're not watching Letterkenny, how you became a fan of Letterkenny, and, uh, and then we'll talk about a little bit, our general thoughts on the new season.
David: Sure. I mean, that could be a long story, but I'll keep it short. Uh, what I do when I'm not watching Letterkenny, I'm an author of novels and short fiction scripts, TV, comic books. Pretty much. If someone's willing to pay for words, I write words and then they give me money.
Dean: Nice.
David: Mostly these days I write novels. Uh, I'm working on a short story right now. I've done a lot of science fiction, particularly a lot of Star Trek.
Dean: Nice.
David: I've also written for Star Trek on TV for Deep Space Nine back in the nineties.
Tiara: Nice.
David: That was actually how I started my career. Uh, but I've also done some original work, urban fantasy, alternate history stuff, uh, thrillers, like 24. Um.
Dean: Wow.
David: You know, so I, I've sort of been a little bit all over the map. I've done like a Wolverine novel. Um, so. Yeah, I've had a lot of fun. I've worked as a consultant over the last couple of years for the new Star Trek, animated shows, Star Trek, lower decks, nice new Star Trek prodigy. I worked 10 episodes for lower decks and the first 20 episodes of prodigy.
Dean: Wow.
David: That was a great gig. Um, had a lot of fun, wonderful team on both sides. Uh, so that's pretty much what I do as for how I got into Letterkenny. Uh, I came to Letterkenny a little bit late. Uh, I was a late comer by the time I came in. I think they were already on, uh, maybe season seven or eight. They, they were pretty well along. Um, I discovered them in 2020 and. Got a little break up there. Uh, we'll give you a sec. It was from many people was, hang on. Louy hang on. Yeah, you had a, we had a little lag there, so I'm gonna start 20, 20 back me to back to, to 2020 right. 2020 for most people was a lousy year. For me, it was even worse. Um, I mean, in addition to the plague and everything, I was, you know, the, the coronavirus thing, uh, 2020 started for me with the death of Neil peer, uh, which she was my personal idol since I was 12. So that hit me pretty deep. Yeah. Uh, a few months later, my mom died. Oh. And after that, uh, I had a friend, a fellow Trek author who was also dying of cancer. He passed away at the end of that year, but around the middle of the year after my mom passed, nothing was funny anymore. I couldn't laugh at anything. So I was just basically searching for anything, going through old series that I'd liked. And. I said, I kept hearing about Letterkenny and I kept seeing it show up on Hulu. And I said, well, I'll give it a try. What the heck? You know, nothing else is clicked. And then I tried that first episode and hooked suddenly I had something that could make me laugh. And it's partly because even though I lived in New York city now and, and have for the last 35 years, I grew up in a little town in Massachusetts. That's a lot like Letterkenny, a lot of Irish, a lot of French. Hockeys a big deal. We had our big hockey rank in the middle of town. Uh it's. It was an ag town. When I grew up, we had, you know, corn fields, apple orchards, cows. Most of that's gone. They've turned it into an expensive bedroom community now. But when I was a kid, your first job, depending on when you came of age, you either picked corn or you picked apples or you planted stuff. Uh, you were probably working on a farm. Uh, you were probably doing ag work mm-hmm so I get Letterkenny it's like, these are the people I grew up with, even though it was Massachusetts and not Ontario. It felt like home.
Dean: Yeah. I get it.
Tiara: You hear that from a lot of people?
Dean: Yeah, I totally get that. I mean, I grew up on a ranch in Texas.
Tiara: Mm-hmm
. Dean: So, uh, on, you know, a cattle ranch. And so I, it was a lot of that was very familiar to me as well. Mm-hmm so, yeah, I, I, I think it speaks to a lot of us on different levels, uh, and I think all the different characters in there, uh, From the different styles, whether they're they're the Hicks, the skids, the hockey players, the Christians, they're all, there's all, some of that in all of us. I think. So. I mean, sometimes we're knucklehead like the skids. Uh, they listen to good music though, but, uh.
David: I had my skid, I had my skid more of a, that was more of a hick.
Dean: Oh yeah, I get it. Yeah.
David: Never a hockey player.
Dean: Yeah. I, I, I, I played baseball, uh, and I hate watching baseball, but I loved playing a baseball. I hated playing...
David: I briefly played basketball, right. To the point where somebody tried to pass the ball, hit me in the face, the bloody nose, and I just never came back.
Dean: Oh man.
David: Well, uh, my father was really nice about it.
Dean: That's good. That's good. So, uh, what, so you've watched the entire season of Shoresy.
David: Yeah, I loved it.
Dean: Yeah. So general your just general thoughts. I mean, you know, how did it, cause I know we were, we, I think we, we all probably had some trepidations about yeah.
David: Building whole for like 10 seasons or whatever. And we're doing a spinoff of Shoresy it's like, you know, the, the most obnoxious, uh, pest chirping character in the whole thing. And I'm thinking, how do you get a whole series outta Shoresy considering enough to that moment? You'd never shown his face because it was Jared Keeso doing the voice.
Dean: Right.
Tiara: Mm-hmm.
David: But I, you know, I, I said, all right, let's have faith. Keeso has not let me down yet. True. Let's see what he does here. And, you know, he found the formula, which is obvious. Shoresy by himself. Although he's the, the main character, he can't carry the show. So they simply built another great ensemble cast. Fantastic. I may not know a lot about hockey. I mean, I, I know the basics of the game, but I don't know the players. I don't know the teams, the history, I'm not really all that familiar with the jargon. Mm. But what I do understand is a bunch of lovable underdogs, uh, who are up against the wall, just trying to stay alive, just trying to play another day. Uh, for me, it was very bold Durham, you know, in that regard. Mm. Uh, so you got these underdogs who are, you know, up against it. They lose one more game and their team folds. Yeah. And they're just trying to play that one more game. I mean that they established these fantastic stakes right there in the first episode. Yeah. And they build this the season around it and I'm thinking, okay, you know, that works. So now you invest, you immediately invest in these underdogs because their backs have been put to the wall and we all know what that feels like. Totally. And suddenly you empathize with them and now you want them to win. Right.
Dean: Right. Exactly. Yeah. The, uh, yeah, hating, hating to lose that, that theme throughout the, throughout the show. Uh, in fact, why don't we, uh, go ahead and I'll get into the, uh, the deep dive right now and then we'll, and then we'll get into our, so we talk some more, uh, yeah, exactly. We'll talk, talk some more after, uh, after we get through all this. So now, uh, we're gonna, we're gonna start our first episode. Uh, with the sports segment from the bro dude energy folks hosted by of course, bro dude model and former girlfriend of, of our favorite barn clothes wearing hick, uh, an a Shabo, uh, we never knew her name before now. We do, uh, the segment includes former letter, Kenny, uh, hockey faces Jay on Wright and Tessa Bonam. They are joined by Brian McGonigal, effectively known as RA short for rear Admiral. They discuss the dirtiest plays in hockey and come up with, uh, come up with slew footing, going needed, knee submarining, and sucker punching. Then they get into who the dirtiest player in hockey is. Now. They all have their opinions, but Tesa and they set him straight that it's Shoresy uh, we then find that Shoresy is now in Sudbury, Ontario, uh, playing for in a four team league called the called the Northern Ontario Senior Hockey Organization also referred to as the NOSHO. Uh, then we get into scene one. Final Bre has just gone off, uh, from the game showing that the team home team has lost zero to five. The players are all sitting dejected in the locker room. Coaches come in, try to the coach, comes in, try to upload the players, telling that they, the team they just played was really good and they battled them hard. The platitudes are all echoed by one of the players on the team. Uh, each time, uh, once the coach mentions that they will get, uh, the same, uh, get 'em the next time out of one of the bathroom stalls, we hear the infamous Shoresy blast of gas when confronted by the coach. Uh, shore Z's response is as this team is so fucking bad, the coach Michael's fires back, fire back fires back at Shoresy, but he is not hearing it. The other player's, uh, player tries to keep things settled down. But Shoresy is not having either this and tells him as we will hear often in this show, shut the fuck up. Sang ed . Um, finally the coach challenges Shoresy to educate him about hockey. Uh Shoresy then goes into a chirp diet type, talking about how the coach's girlfriend has been sitting picks of her tits to all the hockey players has even given Sanguiet an underwater squeezer while he was taking an aqua dump in the lake. Michael finally stores outta the locker room saying he should fold the team from there we go to the GM's office in the barn. There are two young attractive, uh, native women standing in front of the desk. Their names are Miigwan and Ziigwae referred to as Miig and Ziig. Shoresy is standing opposite them with Sanguinet next to him, they tell hi. Uh, they tell him that GM GM wants to see him at the Colson. This is the local night club in Sudbury, uh, when he asks, why they tell him because Michael's wants to fold, uh, they then have a discussion about the aqua dump and who got the squeezer and whether the body of wa water was a lake or a river when, when they asked Shoresy, if he thinks this is funny, he says he doesn't find it funny. All he is trying not to cry. Ziig tells him to fix his makeup. Uh, and Miig tells him to get over the Colson. From there. We end up at the Colson Sanguinet and Shoresy have made it over there. Dance music is playing slow music, slow mode dancing, uh, and as Sanguinet leans on the bar, uh, with his beer, spot's a pretty girl dancing in the crowd. She looks over at him, gives him, uh, what Wayne would refer to as the hair show Sanguinet walks over, uh, and starts to approach the music scratches to a stop. Uh, and we hear this announcement.
Nat: Hey, if you're the owner of a black F-150 with license plate JK, L K 0 8 4, your lights are on also, if you're a fucking loser that just got pumped five goose for the 20th loss of the campaign, meet me out back.
Dean: So she puts the mics down, Mike down, walks away, focus, then changes back to San Ginette. He turns back to look at the pretty dancing girl, but in front of him, Nelson's a very large bald man, uh, with the, uh, bearded bald man, uh, then, uh, who tells him to fuck off, uh, on the other side of the room, we see Shoresy watching over the encounter. Then out back of the club, we see a woman, the woman from earlier watching a scrap of a few guys taking place. She appears to be making sure that this happens properly. after a few blows are handed down, we see Shoresy and Sanguinet, uh, walk in, uh, Shoresy stating the obvious, uh, acting oblivious says "Yeah so. Hey, Nat." Yes, sir. All businesses having none of Shore's nonsense, she lambastes him for not only getting pumped five goose, but for also getting a squeezer from the coach's girlfriend while taking aqua dump Shoresy corrector, that only Sanguinet got the squeezer , uh, a big conversation occurs about how the coach wants to fold and how Shoresy wants bums and seats the same way she does, but the kids don't. Unfortunately, the kids on the team don't hate to lose bad enough to actually fight for it. Uh, from there we're back at the barn on the ice Shoresy is now reffing the local junior team. And is chirping at two of the boys on the team, Corey and Liam, many jokes about acne, acne, medicine, moms get moms, uh, getting jerked off and bad ref calls. This all comes to a complete stop when Shoresy, uh, kicks Lori and Kia Corey and Liam out, uh, and Corey fires back about the bulldogs having to fold Shoresy then surprisingly asked Corey who or he heard this rumor or from, he gets no satisfaction where then back at the GM's office, soy and sang Gwinette, uh, take up the same spaces, opposite me and Ziig as they did before. Uh, Surey wants to know if the team is folding or not. And, uh, they wanna know why.
Shoresy: Because if I'm gonna cry, I wanna be in and out of it before Nat gets here.
Dean: Ziig finds this hilarious, calls him a pussy, uh, just then Nat walks in telling him that she's fired MC uh, Michael's Shoresy is immediately relieved until Nat then tells him that's because she's folding the team. Shoresy begins to weep , which is very interesting, uh, and that we we're actually seeing his eyes throughout this and he's tearing up, uh, so emotions from Keeso, which we haven't seen before. Um, anyway, shorty begs are not default tells her that they don't want, uh, don't tells him, tells her that if they don't, the team will never lose again, he explains that it'll happen by getting some real hockey studs in there, along with some tough natives, uh, who can fill 'em in. He also says that he'll have San Gwinnett coach, uh Nalen and tells him to get his guys ready and go to his friends at the press, uh, that they won't lose again. And that they'll, if they do they'll fold. Finally the scene switches back and forth between Nat, Miig, and Ziig talking, uh, out back of the col center about what they have to do. Shoresy and Sanguinetin the hockey barn talking about what they have to do. Sanguinet has very little faith in the plan. Shoresy of course tells him at the very end...
Shoresy: Give your balls a tug.
Dean: From there, we fade to black, um, Great episode. I mean, there was, uh, it was for, for what little that I had there, there was, there was some meat,
Tiara: Right.
Dean: Um...
Tiara: And right off the bat, we have Keeso's gigantic eyes and his like, he's totally changed his whole physical appearance for this.
Dean: Yeah.
Tiara: You know, the beard is, is un un, uh, what's the word? Um,
David: Unkempt?
Tiara: Unkempt. That's a good one. Uh he's the tooth is missing, and then like, he's, he's kind of like, like pump pumping up his shoulders and slouching down. So he looks like he's shorter and broader yeah. Than, than Wayne is. Um, And I just, I love how he over emotes with his face. Like he was so excited to be able to like, do Shoresy's face basically like every, every
. Dean: Yeah.
David: I mean, you've never seen the guy before, so there's this opportunity. So amazing go overboard.
Tiara: Yes.
Dean: Exactly. So let me bring in some trivia here real quick. Before we get into our theory theory thought, who are theories, theories, thoughts, et cetera. So, uh, Sudbury where the game where they're, where they are is the town in which letter, Kenny is filmed, uh, an Ann. Tessa Bon Tesa Bonam Jay on Wright have all been seen as well as Shoresy of course, uh, they're crossover characters from Letterkenny, uh, for those who are UN unaware, Jared Keeso played hockey in the juniors for a few years. Uh, it was pretty good, uh, but not good enough, apparently. So his fallback career of course, was acting, um, the license plate that NA refers to JK L K 0 84, as you might have guess stands for Jared Keeso letter, Kenny, and the year of ke so's birth side note, Jared Keeso was born on July 1st, which is also Canada, such, which makes so much sense why he has Shoresy like crying during the national Anthem. Every yeah, the emotion of why. Well, they tell us right up front, he's a crier. Right? I know. I love that. He is, he's got emotion it's and it's good to see. You know, it's, I mean, having met Keeso and, and getting to, getting to talk to him for a bit, you know, he's very, he's a very happy Goldy guy. Yes. He's either character is like him. No he's but he's passionate. So he, so he's a fucking amazing actor. so, um, so, so, David, what, what are your thoughts on, on this episode? What, what have, uh, what have you taken away? Little details that over, but are important to the rest of the seasons is second. The more important thing is everything that. Uh, Shoresy does is telegraphed. They tell you in advance, you know, the way he interrupts people, they'll ask you a question and they should try to answer. He'll go.
David: And he cuts you off. And he does it every time. It's beautiful. Cause they set you up for it and then you're looking for it. And there it is. And then when they're talking about the dirtiest plays and they talk about, uh, before they end that sequence at the top of the episode, they talk about what he does off the ice. Uh, like, you know, he goes to urinals and he'll smack someone's head into the tile, which he then does later the porcelain kiss. Yeah. The potty kiss, potty kiss, the potty kiss. And then of course that's what he does to the bouncer. Right? Who intimidates, uh, San. Right. He doesn't like watching his teammates get pushed around. So he follows the bouncer into the, into the head. And next thing you see he's coming out and the, the bouncer's down in the, uh, you know, in the full wall urinal this of course. Not to spoil anything, but this is going to have repercussions later. yep. Yep. There will be a price to pay for this little moment of peak.
Dean: Definitely.
David: Uh, but I just, uh, I love the fact that, you know, he's a crier, he's so emotional. I love watching him chirp, uh, at the high school kids, but it's interesting that, you know, again, they, they establish everything he's gonna do before he does it so that it doesn't seem to come outta left field. And then of course the other thing that Keeso as a writer is fabulous at. Hammering that joke for every last bit it's worth the squeezer and the aqua dump mm-hmm they must reference that like 5, 6, 7 times over the course of like a 20 minute episode.
Dean: Was it not a, don't
David: a hammer this so many times that you cannot forget it. Uh, and then between that and the multiple repetitions of shut the fuck up sang. So, but when you get to the episode sang yeah. Your balls,
Tiara: which we hadn't heard and was like the total story of line. Yeah.
David: Right. It's
Dean: signature line. So it comes,
David: it's a, it's a nice surprise. Cause they've set you up with eight repetitions of yes. You know, shut the fuck up saying Gwin. So give your balls a time
Dean: only feels fresh at the end. Yeah. That's a beautiful touch. Yeah. As our, as our buddy. Awesome. Here, uh, shame on you on, on, on here. So, uh, the cold open is definitely a roadmap for the episode and in the series as a whole, so, oh, definitely. Yeah,
David: definitely.
Tiara: I, one of the things that I always love about Letterkenny and now absolutely love about Shoresy is the, you know, you've got that main story. Right. But it's all of the back stories that really make the show. It's not about, like you were saying about, you know, everybody understands like the underdog fight and, and all of that, but really it's, you're seeing these characters actually have relationships with each other, like it's. I'm a huge fan of the, the full cast episodes of Letterkenny. And so like with this one, with having all the hockey dudes, it, well, that that'll happen later in the season, but, um, having them all in one place and, you know, having, um, San Gwinnet probably have a crush on me who probably has a crush on him, but them never like establishing that throughout the whole, like, it's just that flirt through the whole season. Mm-hmm like, I fucking love that cuz that's real life. And that's the stuff that pulls me in cuz I wanna see what kind of fruition like happens. Um,
Dean: Yeah, but yeah, this first, the, the eye play. Yes. . Oh,
David: yes, yeah, yeah. Me and Sangu that are constantly giving each little and what's great. Is every time Z the sister catches me looking at San there's that eye roll of disgust, like, oh, come on.
Tiara: Right. And not dis spoil anything, but the best one is in the last episode. yeah.
David: Oh
Tiara: God. Yeah. Um, but yeah, like for me, okay. Going back to, when we heard that Shoresy was announced. I was not enthusiastic I was like, oh, you're gonna make me have to do this for, for Howard now aren't you? And he's like, yeah. of course you are. So like, it's the two characters that I do not like in Letterkenny, that suddenly are on this, this show. And while an each's character was like, eh, whatever. Okay. I don't care. Um, like, Shoresy won me over almost immediately. And I like the, the least, my least favorite parts about Letterkenny tend to be Shoresy stuff like farts and, uh, some, sometimes the insults get a little too, um, Personal punching down for my taste. Mm-hmm not quite punching down, but like right on that verge of it, like they do really good of walking that, that line. Yeah. But sometimes because I am me
Dean: and and, and your, your, your point about Ann, the, her, the play between her and Jay on. Right. That
Tiara: was kind of, I don't, I wanna know that's the language
Dean: barrier too. right. I think the phrase is last but not. No, no, no.
Tiara: Right. Like, I, it makes me want to actually know, well, what's their background. Why don't they like each other? Cause it's from the, oh, she start she that time. Right. But why? Right.
Dean: It's it's it was, it was pretty great. I, uh, S see, uh, yes. So,
David: yeah, I mean, talking about, uh, the, the note, uh, before we move on the next note about how the opening montage is the roadmap of the series. There's an interesting visual detail when you're seeing, uh, that footage of Shoresy going out to the rink, it's got the big sea on the sweater, and then suddenly the sea isn't there for most of the season. Now, you, right. You see what I'm saying about mm-hmm the sea is there when we, you know, see that opening montage and it's foreshadowing. Yeah. He doesn't have it for we when we come back to him. Right. But. Then just, you know, plant that in your heads
Dean: and remember it. Yeah. Cause that's, I that's, that's definitely important. Very I important to him. Yeah, yeah. Yeah. I mean that's and that's the thing is, yeah. And it's explained through the series, but I mean, it's a, it's E it's apparent how much Shoresy loves the game and hates to lose. Uh, yeah. And it's like, and he
Tiara: hates the don't hate
David: to lose. Yeah. He loves the camaraderie of, of a good
Dean: team. Right. And even, you know, and it's, it's kinda like something I said to Tiara, you know, they they'll all chirp at each other, uh, talk shit to each other, but it's like, you know, I can call my mom a bitch, but you can't call my mom a bitch type of thing. So although you could probably call his mom a bitch, I
David: do, we won't talk mom, little brother. I can call my little brother a, but you can't. Right.
Dean: Right. Exactly. So, yeah, it was, uh, so yeah, very poignant stuff. Uh, and yeah, it's and it's like you said, a, a true underdog story about, you know, here, here we are, you know, I mean, at the end of end of last season, they send sending short Shoresy, uh, Tana is sending Shoresy to Sudbury. Um, now I don't remember exactly what Tana said. If the, if, if, uh, if Nat is her cousin or something like that, or, or, or just a friend, I remember it was mentioning. Awesome. I know you're listening. Answer that one. Awesome, awesome. Will probably pop, pop up here and just like with it. Uh, but anyway, she was sending him north. To Sudbury, to, to, to play the team there, be in the team there. And so that was like the first, you know, here's, here's where we're starting. Mm-hmm uh, and, uh, I just, I, you know, I'm and I'm hoping that there's some tan, oh, NA's her
Tiara: cousin. NA's her, uh, NA's her cousin. Here we
David: go. So, yeah.
Dean: And that's yeah. That's, that's what I thought she had said. So, um, her cousin, so NA's her cousin as we, you gotta remember the tea.
David: Yep. Yep.
Dean: so, um, And I do hope we have some and, and so, yeah. What are the things Kenny,
Tiara: Kenny torn Kat. Ken. Yeah. I'm sorry. My tongue is a little tied today. Um, Teo horn has an executive ING credit on at least the first episode. I didn't pay attention beyond that consulting producer. Is it consulting
Dean: producer? Yeah. It's uh, yeah, it's probably with, you know, ensuring that the, that the native rep, this is good representation. Exactly. Which, you know, that's a that's oh my God. One thing I love about this is the, the amount of representation in this series is fucking fabulous. Yeah. And the respect that they get. Yes.
Tiara: Yeah. Like even when they're like making fun of 'em it's it's and not that it wasn't there from a respectful
Dean: letter. Yeah. And not that it wasn't there in letter, Kenny, it is there in Letterkenny. Right. But this, this is one of the things they've always loved about Letterkenny. Yeah. So, uh, but yeah, I, I
Tiara: do, I like this one, you specifically have like a new fee and the dude who only speaks
Dean: French, you wouldn't call that. If you're a new friend, we haven't, we'll meet them in up two, but we have, we, we have seen them, uh, in the, in the letter, Kenny, uh, episodes about, uh, the, uh, with the tournament, the, where the Kerry county Eagles, where they played them. Yes. JJ,
Tiara: Frankie, JJ is a returning character. We've seen him in, uh, in Letterkenny, a number of episodes actually. Right.
Dean: Uh, and there were a couple and a couple. Yes, yes. And a couple, at least a couple. And the, and, uh, hitch was also in that, uh, as well. Okay. So, uh, he was briefly when the, the two, uh, Newfoundland hockey players are talking in front of the bench. Oh, yes. Right. He's one of those. Oh, that's fantastic.
Tiara: Oh, neat. I missed that one. So, yeah. That's your favorite? So
Dean: of course you miss it. I love him by, uh, B um, yeah, it's sticks
David: are outstanding. Get so
Dean: good. OK. Let's not, let's not spoil it. Let's not spoil it. Cause there may be some people who are still watching. Uh, but yeah, the, the, the, yeah. Okay. I think, do you have a favorite
David: line? I think my favorite line from the episode might be when, uh, Shoresy is chirping at the high school kids. He says, know what, uh, was he, what I find sad is how many times your mom faked a jellyfish thinging so I would piss away
Dean: well that, and I've the time. I great dream about tongue your mom's butt hole. And I put her into my phone is roll up the rim to win
David: swamp was ultimate
Dean: duck or something that, uh, uh, oh God, uh, I do have, uh, Mmm, damnit, what was it? Duck ultimate or something? Something like that. Yeah. There we go. Uh, nose, Teddy nose. Uh, awesome. What the hell's, uh, ducks Duck's unlimited. Duck's unlimited.
David: Duck's unlimited. Yeah. Even ducks unlimited. Wouldn't go.
Dean: Yeah, this, you know, the short, the, the chirps are still there and they're better. They are. Um, they are. Yeah. And so, yeah. And, you know, so, and what I was gonna say earlier was one of the things, the spinoff that I was hoping for was a res spinoff. Yeah. And this is almost what that is. Um, it's not tan. No, it's not tan. I mean, cuz I would love to see a Tana Chris
Tiara: that's from the day Tana was on the screen. I was like, I wanna watch her yeah. Yes. I would watch that
Dean: show. So yeah, because I mean, and now, uh, sidetrack reservation dogs. Yes. Is fucking amazing. I'll it's fucking amazing. Also Andor also is, is on guest NTO stars at guest stars about that. Yeah. So it's fantastic. Oh yeah. Yeah. She had a great guest stars, right? Oh it was a great role. That's a great series. Highly recommend. Um, so, uh, anything else, uh, regarding the episode before we get into.
David: Well, I mean, this is more of a, just a general note about one of Shore's favorite, uh, chirps. He likes to call people a titer. Yeah. Mm-hmm and as you know, king shaming goes, I've never really understood what was so bad about
Dean: the ti it's a perfectly fine activity. I don't really see why
David: it's to be degraded and demean, but no, apparently you know, it, uh, it amuses him. Yeah. But I, I don't see the problem.
Dean: It's it's a fun, it's a funny chirp. I mean, even if it's a funny, even if you enjoy the, the activity, um, , it's a
Tiara: funny image. I'm sure there's a few activities that Shoresy enjoys that he uses his insults for other people. Oh, I'm sure,
Dean: sure. No doubt underwater squeezes. And I,
Tiara: I love that. Like, I can't remember exactly what it was cuz I don't have that kind of memory and I did not write it down unfortunately, but there was a point where, um, I think it was when he was talking to the reporter. And she was saying something about, um, wheeling his friend's moms. And he's like, well, one they're not my friends and two, they were wheeling me and I'm like, yeah, that was great. I like that. Like Shoresy yeah, yeah. Shoresy is a little bit of a and,
Dean: and I, yeah, he likes the mils. He, so he likes the guilt that if you were 15 years older,
Tiara: he's not, I had to look that up. Well, he's I was like, wait, am I too old, too young? For sure. He's not
Dean: quite squiz Gar SQUI health. Not quite. He's not. Yeah. He's like in the
Tiara: GS, he's not quite a, a G,
Dean: but he, he does like
Tiara: the, he lick the late forties, early fifties. It seems. Yeah. So,
Dean: um,
Tiara: so I got a couple more years before he'd be into me.
. Dean: Uh, well, fortunately, I've got some time with you left before he shows up. Definitely oh, uh, you bumped the thing. All right, there we go. I was trying to, we got another comment. Um, I do see so awesome. They don't love to win. They don't hate, they don't, they don't love to win. They don't hate to lose is such a strong distinction. Yes. That they hammer on repeatedly. And I couldn't agree more. Yeah. That's uh, yeah. It becomes a serious theme. Yeah.
David: Not to
Dean: spoil it, but its important. Yeah. It's it's yeah. He
David: talks about these kids it's you know, they, they don't do anything. They don't skate. They don't shoot. They don't fight.
Dean: They float.
David: They float. Yeah. He says, that's the problem. It's not that they don't wanna win it's that they don't hate to lose. Right. And
Dean: they don't want it. Right. They don't want it. Right. And that's and that's, and, and later on it's about passion. It's about commit. Right. And, and we later on find out exactly where that stems from, uh, which I think is fantastic. And yeah. Uh, seeing, seeing lots of great stuff coming on, seeing, seeing who plays his foster dad, I fucking about, I
Tiara: mean, that episode did make me
David: kind like punch, just spoil that he comes from a foster family. Right, right. That's a massive insight into his psyche. Yeah.
Tiara: So, and not only that, but a foster family where he took the last name. Yeah. Like that's not a usual thing for in foster family in which there's
David: no maternal figure. Mm-hmm, . Hence says, you know, yearning for the older women. Yeah.
Dean: Probablys a major episode. We're sorry for, oh man. Hopefully you've
David: already ed a series like we have,
Dean: there are very few,
Tiara: few people that I know who are holding off and doing it one at a time. Al pro stands. Wait. No. Was it Al or was it Matt? I think Matt. Matt. Yeah, watch I'll I'll watch
Dean: the first couple. I mean, it's just like we did just so we could make sure that we were ready for
Tiara: right. But then last night we gave in and watched the whole thing which, and it was all fantastic. Was it last? No night before last night
Dean: I watched the whole
David: thing and then I went back last night just before I went to bed and I re-watched the first episode. Yeah. So I'd have it fresh. Yeah. Took some notes.
Dean: All right. So should we get into, uh, our, uh, our awards per character? Yeah, let's do it. all right. So, uh, as I said up the top of the show, uh, our awards for each character are gonna be either underwater, squeezer that were, that they deserve. You deserve to
David: get one.
Tiara: These are Mitz or scratch. Squeeze are MI
Dean: and scratch. Yeah, exactly. So, uh, and so we, as we will, as we do with, uh, letter king, we start off with Wayne, as we do with Shoresy, we're gonna start off with Shoresy. So, David, where do you fall on, uh, on shorty Shorty's award for the show? Well, I mean, he won't be getting there for me, but he definitely deserves a squeezer
Tiara: that's yeah. That's exactly, exactly.
David: Cause this is the guy who fights to hold it
Dean: all together. I agree. Yeah. Uh, I mean Keeso is always gonna bring it, um, and I'm gonna bring up comments up I'm sure. Uh, yeah, I'll see. In a Victor and Matt I'll see in all of them. Okay, good.
Tiara: Good. So. Good. Cause like we're still, we're the produce. We're actually really excited that we're doing this now at the same time as produce stand. Yeah. Cause it hasn't matched up before and we keep going on each other's episodes. And so it's, it's, I'm like, I want them all
Dean: to know. And, and, and, and, and Dave, I don't know if you've, if you've listened to the produce stand highly recommend them. They, yeah. They're Canadian podcast. They're they' out of Ontario. They do a fantastic show. Uh, check 'em
Tiara: out. Yeah. That's who we, if you've listened to any of our table reads, that's. Primarily who we're doing it with is people from that podcast. Great.
David: And yeah, I did actually watch and a couple others. One of your, I watched one of your live table reads. Uh, I think you were doing, uh, Dick's slip out. Oh yeah. Oh, it was fun. I watch. It's fantastic. You guys
Dean: do that? I watched you guys do that one live. I loved it. It was so fun. I'm excited about the next one, but I'll always, if I
David: ever get my letter, Kenny spec script written, I will tell you guys,
Dean: hell yeah, I'll talk to the entire group and we're all in. Yes. Oh,
Tiara: that was okay. I didn't realize that was
David: here. Got an idea. I'm just,
Dean: I'm working it out. I, I can't wait and awesome. Who's been popping up. There has writes a lot of Letterkenny fanfic mm-hmm uh, and I'm starting to do some, uh, audio. Book type stuff for her to do that because I do want to get, uh, into voiceover work and that kind of stuff, because I, I think I can do it. I do some good voices on the show. for you
Tiara: do some good voices and you can mimic a lot of other characters and you can make your own.
Dean: Oh honey. All right. Now, um, so let's, let's get back to, let's get back to our, our squeezer myths and scratch.
Tiara: So underwater squeezer, absolutely not from me, but. Yeah.
David: Not for me, not for me, but yeah. Uh, uh, so I'm be volunteering.
Dean: so, uh, and awesome. I will, I will ask David this after the show, which you've just popped up there and yeah, I, I see it in the town, so, and it, because I know, I, I know that there some things authors can and can't do when it comes to things like do yeah. To cant do. I'm sorry. Yeah, I understand. Yeah. So, uh, because I, I just saw personal it's it's legal. Exactly. So, yeah, I personal though. I know it's also a time. Yeah. I've, I've seen, uh, I've I've seen Neil, Gaman a number of times when people have asked him about, uh, reading their, their stuff. And he's like, listen, I, I get to ask, please stop asking me this because I cannot do it. And because he gets asked, he gets asked that question a lot about, you know, will you read my, you know, my, my fanfic or whatever. Uh, and yeah. Uh, it's great. I love it. So. Uh, so anyway, um, okay. We'll, we'll talk about that later. Awesome. it's alright, so anyway, let's go back. Let's get back, uh, Sanguinet,
Tiara: this episode, this episode, this episode, he's a healthy scratch. He's still, he's super awkward. And doesn't quite like, like he's still trying to figure out how Dr. Shoresy, which they develop a really great relationship over the series. And in this episode, like, it doesn't seem like Shoresy likes him and because he's very, uh, um, dismissive to, oh, definitely dismissive toward him, but like Sanguinet is, uh, when, when, when Michael's was still coaching and he was like, you know, listen, listen to him. And he is doing, yeah, suck up. That's the word?
Dean: And I think a lot of it is, you know, he wants to be part of the team he wants to,
Tiara: but he's healthy. Scratch. Yeah. He's not really
Dean: good enough to play. Yeah. Cause if you see him, he's not wearing, he's not wearing any part of a uniform when he is sitting there, so. Yep. Uh, yeah. I, I, and I don't disagree with you. Um, I mean, he's, he's, he's on the verge of a squeezer for sure. Yeah. Um, so. Uh,
Tiara: I think he got a preemptive one
Dean: anyway. Right. and I, I think, but he already got his, he definitely did. He's good for a while.
David: Sure. That should carry in like a sexual camel. He should be able to make the,
Dean: I love that. That's why he needs to give his balls a T give your balls a to, uh, and I I'm pretty sure I know where we're all gonna be on, uh, on Michael's here on this episode,
David: on this episode, take off the drop, the drop the,
Dean: yeah. Um, now next you like the other, so why Don suck loser, fucking loser, fucking
David: loser.
Dean: All right. Let's uh, Nat,
Tiara: I mean it okay. I'm like totally giggling in my head because I'm like, how does a, how does a feminine body. Get an underwater squeezer well, you know, but also like she, she, you just
. David: Yeah. The interesting one side, she's the antagonist on the other side, she's also going to be the ally. She she's in this hard position. Well, and she's the antagonist. She knows from a business
Dean: side, she, but she Senti,
David: she wants to win. Right. She hates to lose. Right.
Tiara: She's only an antagonist because her heart is so set on this club and she knows that if this club fails, she's gonna let down her mother who has died. Right. And you know, well, everybody basically. Yeah. But she, she has fully accepted the fact that nobody's coming to games. Nobody gives a shit. So why
David: bother, she's still willing to make this deal with him. Right. She's
Tiara: intrigued
David: that alone. That, that, that alone gets her the, uh, the squeezer. Yeah. Yeah, yeah. The fact that she's willing to take the leap of faith for Shoresy
Dean: and for the team that she loves. Yeah.
Tiara: I mean, cause he's the same passion in Shoresy
Dean: that she has for the team. She is not, she's really not. I mean, she likes his faith, but she shares his passion. Yes. So they're not drastically different. She's never played. She doesn't, as she said, she's done no, really anything about hockey. Right. But she loves the, but she knows the business
Tiara: and
Dean: loves it. Yeah. And, and she cares. Gives the damn exactly, exactly. She know, she loves the community. She loves the, so it's up to Shoresy to make her a believer. Yeah, exactly. So I think we're all on board with, uh, giving her an underwater squeezer slash finger bang or whatever the leap of faith earns it. Now I've got them separated because I do think they're different. They're not like Riley and Jonesie so first
Tiara: episode they kind of are, but like after the first episode, they definitely are different characters.
Dean: Yeah. But I, but I'm gonna, I'm I'm, I'm gonna keep 'em separate, uh, because they're not, uh, they do not share a single brain cell like Riley and Jonesie do sure. So let's start off with, uh, with me.
Tiara: Makes the one on the left. Yeah.
David: I love me. Yeah. I'm sorry. I have a huge crush on me. Same, uh,
Dean: same. Yeah, same. I walk over hot colds for me. I dunno about that, but I mean, I'd Def definitely give her an underwater squeezer. She's a little young for me,
Tiara: but
Dean: oh Jim, probably 15 years older.
David: Um, I think about it, but
Dean: the, the character compared to her I'm already in the
David: grave,
Dean: but yeah,
Tiara: the character in this episode for me, I'm, I'm gonna say healthy scratch. Uh, because like, she was basically just, she was more, she and her sister were more the antagonists in this. They were like the in between where they care about Nat and they care about the club, but they do not give a shit about Shoresy and do not believe that Shoresy is gonna be able to do anything.
Dean: Um, she's she, they're the, they're the backup for NA
Tiara: yeah. Yeah. The first episode they're basically established as, as like NA's henchman kind of thing. Yeah. You know, and that's fine because later they're gonna be awesome, but yeah. But yeah. Healthy scratch for me in this one.
David: Yeah. In terms of their role in the episode. Healthy
Dean: seems fair. Okay. Are, are, is that where you're going, Dave? Yeah, I think I'd have
David: to agree with,
Dean: uh, Tia's assessment. All right. Alright. I'm
Tiara: gonna say the same thing for Ze. She was a little bit more mean
Dean: she was a little more mean.
David: She almost gets the MI off, like the is half off with me. Z
Dean: I'm I'm gonna go with, because me is, is a little bit more soft with her tone. I will give, I will, I will say that she deserves an underwater squeezer just for, you know, So, you know, not completely going against anything mm-hmm um, but yeah, Ziig she's she is on the, the drop theit, uh, just on the she's on the spectrum on yeah. and, and, and, uh, awesome. Says that she would drop the drop the MITs on Z, so, all right. Let's uh, and so, uh, the rest of the are, are the bro dude folks. So let's go with, uh, we'll start with on a,
David: is always gonna be a MI off because of what she did to Terry. Yeah. See, I'm glad you cheat.
Dean: It's over. Yeah. I,
Tiara: I dislike annex so much. she is like, she doesn't do anything to like, cause this dislike to me, I just do not like that character. I have not liked that character from the beginning.
David: Well, she's calculating and she's cruel and she does it in a way, you know where she's BA I mean, it's funny the way she does it Torey, but it's also, it just comes off as arbitrary and cruel. Right. She's a very cold person, a very, um,
Tiara: there doesn't seem to be any reason for her not liking him. Yeah. And she's just like, eh, fuck you. I don't like him. She's
David: yeah. She likes to punch down. She has him at her mercy,
Dean: so she takes it and, and it's, you know, and she's, I it's like, she's not nice unless you can do something for her. Oh,
Tiara: That's right. And I've known too many people like that. So yeah, I think, I think I'm with you drop that's it's so I was almost gonna say healthy scratch, but great. Yeah,
David: just,
Dean: just, just for the dual slap. Yeah. So, uh, now let's, uh, let's go with Tessa Bon home. I, I, you know, I think Tessa's fantastic. Um, and
Tiara: she was like the, the cute little I'm from Sudbury. And let me tell you all about SUD. Let me tell you about Shoresy Shoresy is the, yeah, no, she she's the one who sets up that it's in Sudbury. Right. And that it's Shoresy and who Shoresy is, and that he's this bad, but she's excited about it. Like she's like, this is the fun thing about let's. This is
David: what fun about hockey. She's a
Tiara: yes. Agreed. And yeah.
Dean: And cheerleader, I like that. And plus she's a hockey player, you know, so right. You know, come on. all right. So let's uh, so she gets a squeezer. So let's go with the rear Admiral RA, uh, McGonigal, uh, For twos he's from dare
Tiara: I mean, I know that like in real life, people think this dude is awesome. I was on the, the, um, Reddit and seeing people talking about him and I'm like, I, I know nothing about him and he didn't do anything for me in the show he
Dean: seemed right. I mean, right. He seemed alright. He was fine. So
David: calm, healthy, scratch. He gets involved in some, some nice contrast
Dean: now. Uh, I, so
David: wasn't he the one who told us about the, uh, the potty kiss? Wasn't he? The one who brought out that no, that, that was Tessa. That was, was Tesa. Yeah. That gets squeezer right there. Sets up the whole thing with the bouncer.
Dean: Then we get to J on Wright, or as Anique says, Ray language
Tiara: barrier.
David: That's fine last but not least
Dean: last and least
David: last
Tiara: and don't mean last and, but not least no. So,
Dean: so where are we on on, right. I, I think, you know, personally, I will say for putting up with anecdote right. As he did, uh, yeah.
Tiara: I'm
Dean: kind of, yeah. I think he deserves a squeezer for putting up with that shit.
Tiara: Yeah. I, I, yeah.
Dean: Where are you on that, Dave. David?
David: Yeah. I, I think it's, he gets
Dean: a squeeze, not,
David: I feel like
Tiara: there's gonna be a few P squeezers in this season. Yeah, no, uh so,
Dean: so I will, I will say this, there, there are some that I did not include in here. I didn't include the boys because. They're, you know, I they're they're young. Um, the boys also wants teenagers. Yeah, no,
Tiara: no high school
David: players. Yeah. They they're.
Dean: Well, you, yeah. So yeah. Uh, awesome. Says the Miz for on right. Cuz he is a douche. see, I dunno, in real life. So I dunno. I like, I like, he's got that sports persona. That's like so many others, so, but he's funny. Uh, so I'll give, I'll give him a pass for, for that, but. If it
David: hadn't been for Ann, then maybe he'd have gotten the meds. But Ann basically is so much more of a bitch than HES of a douche that she gets the MI and he gets the squeezing.
Dean: Yeah. Yeah. I mean, there, there may be some history there that we are aware. She basically how douche him. I hope there's
Tiara: history there because for me it really didn't make sense how far can rude she was to him.
David: And we're not gonna get any payoff on that this season, just no, but, uh, hopefully if you know, we get another couple of seasons of Shoresy, hopefully we'll get to find out what the hell happened there. Right.
Dean: now. And so, and I, so, so yeah, I didn't, uh, include Corey or Liam. Uh, I didn't who are, are actually junior hockey players in real life, I believe. Um, And, uh, I, uh, me, your Acutane rage. Oh, now no awesome. Wants to give a, a finger bang. So no so I'm I give a hard, no, for the
David: don't think she'll appreci. Sorry.
Tiara: Awesome. This is the second time you are wrong.
Dean: So, uh, I did not include Phil who's the bouncer guy. Uh, oh yeah, no, no. I'm I'm uh, but yeah, I'm not sure he's actually a bouncer or if he's, he's just shaped, like one's just, he's just, yeah, exactly. Cause I think
Tiara: he likes that girl and doesn't want other people staring at her. Oh, he's just the douche in the club.
David: He's not a bouncer. Yeah, I think so.
Dean: And I did not include the gyms who were there, but they were not introduced yet. Um, I
Tiara: was gonna ask, I couldn't remember.
Dean: Um, yeah, the gyms were there. They, they were the ones who were throwing down in, in the back of the club, so, oh, So, but they are, they haven't been introduced yet, so I will not, we will not bring, save that for your next day. We'll say that. Yeah. For when they spoiler warning,
Tiara: I love the gyms.
Dean: The gyms are great. Um, yeah. Every, you know,
Tiara: everything about this show is great. Not liking on is great
Dean: final thoughts of this, of this episode is that yeah. Um, mine anyway is the ever the cast is fucking fantastic. Um, the, the, the guy, and I can't remember his name now I've forgotten and I'm sure awesome. Will pop up. As soon as I, uh, mentioned who played San Gnet, um,
Tiara: uh, agreed. Awesome. By the way, can you put that up? The gyms
Dean: can get it though. The gyms can get it though. Uh, the third one. Yeah, the, the more verbose of the third so, but yeah. Uh, but yeah, uh, the kid who plays sang Gwinette, I think is fantastic. Oh, so good. He hasn't done a lot. Uh, and, but you can tell he's
Tiara: fresh, but it's like, he's
Dean: he loves doing what he's doing. Yes, yes. He is an innocent charm. Yes, very much so. Oh, and, and, and yeah, I he's fantastic. The entire cast and crew are fantastic. And I said this about, uh, you know, when I, after finishing, watching the season LA yesterday, uh, is that I. Billy Buty who is the, the main camera guy mm-hmm uh, is fucking brilliant. Uh, the shots that he got, uh, and the, the poles and the, you know, he, he, he Harlan yeah. Here made it such a different Harlan Blaine kit, kit. What kit, what kit? What I'm yeah. I'm, I'm sure. I might even pretend that I, why I asked that, but, uh, but yeah, he's
Tiara: fantastic. Yeah, Billy, the, the, yeah, the sentiment like letter kinda is, is great for the way they set up shots and how they make it almost like it's a stage play that you're watching on the screen, but it was such a different feeling with Shoresy and I really like.
David: What that's who did with it, well, of the camera work on letter cans, even when it seems like it's a static scene, right. The camera's always subtly in motion tracking along. Oh, definitely. Yeah. So, and you know, they, they do like, know this, one's tracking this way. They'll cut to one tracking the other way they'll be moving in. They'll be pulling out it, it gives an energy AISM to otherwise static moment. Uh, the direction is subtle, but it's really brilliant.
Dean: Right. So, uh, awesome has updated the, the proper spelling, uh, kit kit. I'm I'm guessing, but, uh, uh, hopefully we can, you know, I would like to talk to him, uh, cuz he seems like he's very excited about this project and is a very kind, it's definitely one I wanna talk
Tiara: to, so yeah, you're so adorable and everyone tells you to shut the fuck up all the time.
Dean: shut the fuck up San. Um, but yeah, brilliant show. Um, any other final thoughts everybody?
Tiara: I hope that this is not a one off, I hope this isn't a mini series. I hope this is like a recurring thing. Yeah. Cause it was so much fun. It was, it was a lot of fun and I was not expecting it to be this good. So like,
Dean: yeah, honestly I think I laughed more genuinely instead of the, the first, the first episode of letter kitty season one, I laughed out at, you know, in surprising things. Uh, but you know, in the, in just the chirps, because they were unexpected, but this, you know, there's lots of things that we expected, but there was new mm-hmm things that just genuinely me made me belly laugh and the stuff
Tiara: that we expected, wasn't always done in expected ways. No, not at all. So.
David: I guess what I really appreciate about Shoresy episode one, season one, as opposed to let's say letter canyon, season one episode one is that it feels like there is a through line for the season and possibly the whole series going on here. Um, this first episode does a great job of establishing the
Dean: world,
David: the characters, their relationships, but most importantly stakes. Yeah. The, one of the, you know, core S of Letterkenny is the stakes are actually very low it's. There are 5,000 people in letter, Kenny, these are their problems, right? It's part of the joke is how inconsequential the problems really are, uh, in comparison to how major the reactions to those small problems are, as opposed to a team being told. If you ever lose again, we're gonna fold and you're all be out on the, at the, of you, your careers gonna basically over. There's very high stakes. Uh, and I think that, that it gives the show a very different feel from Nutter, Kenny. Um, it's basically it's underdogs who are fighting to hang on. There's a desperation to it. There's a nobility to it. Um, but the stakes, because they raise, you know, the, the cost of everything, they also elevate the humor because, you know, it's, it's almost like stress laughing. Sometimes things are so bad. You
Dean: have to laugh. Yeah. So yeah, I get it and it, but, and it's not cringy. No. Well, there's, I mean, there, it goes to the line, but there are, there are some cringy fart,
Tiara: fart moments. There. Are there a couple, well, even the fart stuff I can deal with, it's not honestly, it, it wasn't as much as we had on Letterkenny. No. Um, no, for, for me, there was just the one, the one singular episode where I had an issue with a few things, but, and even that, like. It wasn't like a, oh, it wasn't enough to take outta it. Yeah. So, yeah.
Dean: Agreed. Yeah. Anyway, so, uh, David, uh, before we head out, uh, tell us again where we can find you easily.
David: Uh, basically if you wanna find me, you can start with my website. It's David Mac, M a C K do pro P R O. Now from there's links to my, uh, official Facebook author page, which is Facebook slash the David Mac. And you can find me at Twitter at David Allen Mac and then a is spelled a L a N. And then it's M a C K. So it's David Allen Mack, all one word. And, uh, that's where I am on Twitter. And that's pretty much where I do most of my social media blithering and B blathering. And
Dean: it was great meeting you there
David: Yeah, it was great running across you guys. Uh, back when I was sort of getting ready to go to the letter, Kenny, live show, trying to figure out, uh, what to expect the, I went to see them here in the New York. Which was a terrific show. Obviously I won't spoil anything. I don't know if they have any tour dates left, but I don't. They're
Tiara: all done. They're all done. That's actually, when shorty
David: came out the content of the show, cause if they ever do another tour, I don't wanna spoil for someone who sees it or if they put out a DVD or something. Oh, hope so. Uh, one of the things that I did is I. Uh, I had a book that came out last year called oblivions gate part of the trilogy, and I wrote a character into it, uh, named and styled in honor of Jared Keeso. I love that. I made him a security guard, uh, in star fleets, you know, working with Picard and the other heroes. And he gets to basically, you know, help hold the line at the end of the universe, sort of a thing. Uh, so I signed a copy of this book to Keeso and I wrote him a note base with telling him what I told you guys about how I came to Letterkenny. Right. Um, and I went through all sorts of hoops to try and get this damn book to him. Mm. Uh, and finally it turned out it's because I had, I bought the VIP gold package, you know, with the early entry and the QA and everything. Uh, I contacted the VIP gold team, which, you know, interacts with, uh, the customers. And one of them coordinated with me. I got the book to a member of the. Uh, like the venue personnel, like the, the guest services manager at the, the Hulu theater. And he got it to the V I P gold coordinator. I don't know if it ever made it to Keeso I'd like to believe it. Did I have no idea if it did? I mean, I would like to believe he
Dean: got it. We might be able to
Tiara: find that out. Yeah. We, um, awesome. Probably more likely. Yeah. Someone talks to one of the producers on the regs, so we could probably make a, I would just like to
David: know if he got it. Yeah. And whether he threw it in his trash or not. Oh, I doubt. I don't think he would. That he's that guy's that guy. He doesn't, he seems like a
Dean: nicer guy. He's a
David: really
Tiara: nice, like everyone we've met who's talked to or knows him has said how nice a guy is. And we can honestly say from meeting him how fucking nice he is. Yeah. Like just not what you expect. Somebody a great hooker has a hit show. Yeah. He's he's not someone you expect to be the, like the head of him
David: seriously. What a terrific team they have.
Dean: Oh yeah, they do very much. So, uh, yeah. Uh, yeah. Awesome. Says if you want, I can check that out for you. So she's on. Yeah, I appreciate that. Awesome. You
Tiara: are awesome as ever.
Dean: That's why we call her. Awesome. That's what makes
David: you awesome. All right.
Dean: Well, uh, so next week, season one, episode, two veteran presence with our guest, uh, uh, also longtime friend over on how are you now? Danielle chip chip chip layman. who's uh, our, the, the world's tiniest goalie, uh, and she's,
David: uh, seriously. She, yeah,
Dean: she's great. She's fantastic. Uh, plays hockey as well. And she's the, yeah, she's the tiniest goalie I've ever seen, but she's fucking awesome. Mm-hmm um,
Tiara: Oh, in, in two weeks we have, uh, fuss at the golf course. Yeah. We're doing
Dean: our table leave. That's on live
Tiara: fuss at the golf course. That's I love that
David: episode. My episode
Dean: on
Tiara: the 10th.
Dean: Excited on the 10th, right on the 10th. Yeah. So that'll be it. 7:00 PM. Pacific special place in heaven for animal lover. That's all I know. Sure. Down baby.
Tiara: wait. We get to be the middle. I'm so excited
David: up with me.
Dean: And I said just to let that.
David: God. I love that. Alright. All right. Did you guys, by, by any chance you guys, fans of Star Trek, have you been seeing the new Star Trek, new world series?
Tiara: Haven't watched any of it yet, but yeah, the
David: only, only I bring it up is cuz in the first episode, the pilot episode of the series, Melanie who plays Mrs. Uh, MC uh, she plays a character. She's just there for like one scene. She's the woman who wakes up in bed next to Christopher pike while he's sort of convalescing and sort of trying to escape, being a captain. And it turns out she's also a star fleet captain and they go and they have a little breakfast and then she heads off to her ship and wishes him. Well, and I'm thinking I really expected her get, say, you know, I could really, you know, hammer a
Dean: Cox, G T , but she didn't say it,
David: but I was. Oh, my God, Christopher pike is banging Mrs. MC. Right?
Tiara: that totally makes sense. There's
David: no way on one of them start fleet flats where you're, sorry. We went down to, but it doesn't like, lemme tell you about my God
Dean: MC apparently according to awesome that she was also the direct. Was she the, the director of the episode really? Or she, um, anyway, I dunno, directed the episode. I, I, I, I dunno,
Tiara: Melanie's this phone is not like whisper. My phone is not work. It's not liking the whispering.
Dean: It's all strange
David: worlds. Episode one. Miha who directed this?
Dean: Ava gold. Oh, he directed it. Wow. Huh. Interesting. Okay. Well, there you go. I, yeah. And that's yeah, that's a, that's a big name.
David: that is, um, he's one of the, the big guns at Star Trek
Dean: these days. Yeah. All right. We're off topic. Sorry. It's all good. It's what we do. So, uh, David, thank you so, so much for joining us. It's been fantastic. Thank you for having me on it's been blast course. Yeah. And you know, we, look, I look forward to working with you on doing the, uh, hell on doing your, a table read for you for your yeah. Again, gives
David: me a reason to actually get my, but in
Dean: gear and get that spec written. Yeah. That'd be fun. And give us some more, uh, give us some more. Laughs. So we, we could, we could all use some more laughs in our lap. Oh yeah. And we have a lot of fun doing that. Um, Tiara, anything you'd like to say before we head out? Nah, I'm good. All right. Um, this is awesome. Says Reddit was wrong. Imagine that what not come on. Does that? Yeah. Awesome. Is the, uh, the, the letter kitty subreddit mod. So the main one, well,
Tiara: the main one. Yeah. Technically
Dean: I'm also, I'm also
Tiara: one as well, so, but awesome. Is the one that generally is working all frigging day on it, keeping,
Dean: keeping the de DJs away. Uh, and she does a great job. All right. So, all right then. Well, uh, so folks, we will see you again, like I said next week, uh, for season one, episode two, with our guest Danielle chip layman. Yeah. Uh, and, uh, we hope y'all have a fantastic rest of your week until we see you then. All right. Bye. Thanks so much for putting your bums in our seats today. We really appreciate it. We're so grateful to our long time Letterkenny fans for being with us this far. And we're also very grateful for any new folks who've chosen to join us. If you have any questions or comments, please send in an email to hosts. How are you now? pod.com or how are you now? Pod gmail.com. You can also reach out to us on Twitter at how are you now pod. We'd love to hear from you. We want to give a big shout out to our Powell at life, a lamp for providing our intro and outro music for the show. The intro tune is for the win and the outro tune is miracle. You can find life, a lamp on band camp, Twitter and Instagram. Please go check them out. Your links will be in our show notes and. As we like to say, shut the fuck up. Sang wined
Tiara: up opportu. That's what you burn in at night.