At first blush you might think that ADHD would hinder your chances to successfully start a business, but this week's guest has something to say about that. Jamie Cutino offers occupational therapy based coaching for women with ADHD and sings the praises of ADHD as a bouquet that can truly benefit the entrepreneur.
Jamie Cutino is a Master of Occupational Therapy and founder of Outsmart ADHD and co-founder of Be Unemployable, an educational brand and podcast for entrepreneurs. We talk about her journey discovering ADHD in the face of trauma in the family, her work as an Occupational Therapist and how that practice helps with ADHD. We lean into rejection sensitivity and how we can heal through normalizing past rejection to get through future rejection.
Check out Jamie's TEDxCWRU talk here.
But most important we dissect what it takes to pull apart the lessons of your ADHD and how it can help you when starting and running a business, and where the sharp edges are for you to care for as you march your way toward being unemployable!
- (00:00) - Welcome to Taking Control: The ADHD Podcast
- (01:58) - Support the show: Become a Patron!
- (04:04) - Group Coaching is Open: Winter-Spring 2023!
- (07:00) - Introducing Jamie Cutino
- (08:04) - Being an Occupational Therapist
- (15:04) - Entrepreneurs ❤️ Business
- (18:10) - Rejection
- (24:00) - Adjust to the Miss
- (27:10) - Being the Boss, Fighting the System, Embracing the Energy Swings
- (30:38) - Celebrating the ADHD
- (32:20) - Early Lessons
- (38:10) - Be Unemployable
- (42:22) - Learn More
What is Taking Control: The ADHD Podcast?
Nikki Kinzer and Pete Wright offer support, life management strategies, and time and technology tips, dedicated to anyone looking to take control while living with ADHD.