Junior to Senior with David Guttman
David and Tyler talk about not needing permission to pursue ideas, learning from the development community, and working well with a team.
- Finding missing information quickly
- Not needing permission to pursue ideals
- Working well with a team
- Growing through community
- Not just being a pair of hands
- “The worst thing that I think a developer can do is not surround themselves with tons of other developers.” - TB
- "It [NodeConf] really got me understanding how other programmers work and what they're doing.” - TB
- "To be a good engineer, you always have to be learning." - TB
- "Strike a balance, trust yourself. Do what you want and if that fails...try something else again." - TB
- "Being around people in your industry...it's gonna help you understand the greater picture." - TB
- “If you're always learning then the older you get, the more things you're going to be comfortable with.” - TB
- “How to talk to people and meet people, it's totally learnable.” - TB
What is Junior to Senior with David Guttman?
A weekly show for ambitious devs who want to take their career to the next level.