CJ: All right, we're recording.
Duke: Pretty smooth. I think that went pretty smooth, right?
CJ: I think so. I think so. I mean, we
Duke: A hundred ish episodes. I'm glad we finally got that right.
Damien: We have a saying in the UK smooth as a baby's bum. I'm not sure how appropriate that resonates with you fellows in the US.
CJ: I've, I've heard it before and I would agree on this.
Duke: Yeah. All right. Well, I think we blew the surprise, but Corey, why don't you tell everybody, , what we're doing today?
CJ: Oh man, duke. So today we have a very special guest. , we have Damien Davis with us from ServiceNow. Damien, welcome
Damien: thanks guys. Thanks Corey. Thanks, Rob.
Duke: So good to have you here, man. , so you're a pretty big name in the ServiceNow community, but for those who don't know who you are, why don't you give just a really short intro?
, Damien: yeah, well, I am actually short. I'm five six, a hundred sixty eight centimeters, so yeah. I'm Damien Davis and I, and I'm the short guy.
CJ: And that's the way we start, CJ in the Duke.
Damien: Yeah,
, Duke: so I've been dying to have you on, , the show, , you always seem to be in the epicenter of the new and groundbreaking stuff at ServiceNow yet. I'm still not exactly sure what you do there.
Damien: Neither is my boss. , um,
CJ: Yeah.
, Damien: so I work in ServiceNow, as you know, I've been at the company for. Quite some time. , in my role today, , I am in product management for ServiceNow's ITSM business unit. So being in the product organization, gives me a fortunate position to be at the forefront and center of all the latest and greatest innovations, all the shiny toys.
Duke: Nice. I'm glad to hear that there is still , innovations and shiny toys when we're dealing with , right, which was the of processes and, uh, it's a decades old, it's almost half a century old, the discipline. in the last couple of years, what's been your favorite innovations?
, Damien: obviously I'm a huge tech geek, right? I love innovation. I love technology at home. I embrace it my whole house here in the UK. I'm using smart lighting, smart heating, you know, using voice assistance. So in the workplace, like you say, when you're looking at a robust. An old school set of processes like ITSM, you know, running off the core of ITIL processes for help desk organizations, incident, problem and change. It can become very effective for a business, but it doesn't become very exciting from time to time. So my job in the last few years has been incorporating some of the latest and greatest AI technologies like virtual agent chatbots, like machine learning, predictive intelligence. And more recently, Gen AI, how can we adopt those technologies into ITSM use cases? And it's been pretty exciting.
CJ: you said you're a bit of a techie and so you came on the right show. I love to hear all about the smart automation, the smart home that you built, right? Like, cause I got the same thing, smart lighting. I've I'm using service now to control a few things here, including my echo be, to keep the. House at the right temperature, depending on what time it is and that sort of thing. Yeah. And, and I won't brag about having my Tesla connected to service now either, but
Damien: Nice.
CJ: so tell me, how do you, you know, as a techie, and as Duke just mentioned about ITSM, and how, it's a long running practice that's been, evolving over time. Tell me how you mesh the two.
Damien: How I mesh the two. it kind of happens organically, , in my role, , the way that we're structured in service now in my business unit is we have. what you might think of as traditional product managers, they are managing products and within ServiceNow's portfolio of ITSM, think about incident as a product. For example, we have a product manager whose day to day job from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to bed is thinking about how can we make that incident module better similarly for change. And you may or may not know that there's nearly 40, 4 0 products within the ITSM suite. Now, my role. Is almost like an extended layer of those product managers. I'm in what we call the outbound arm of product management and in the outbound layer, my job is effectively twofold. One it's to represent those product managers with any engagements I have with. Customers, partners, ServiceNow sales resources. And secondly, it's more importantly, it's to act as voice of the customer. As you guys have both seen, you know, I spent a lot of time on LinkedIn, going to ServiceNow events, traveling around the world, loving the sound of my own voice, talking to customers, but most important in replacement to talking is listening and gathering feedback that I can turn into actionable insights that helps us drive the product roadmap.
CJ: I love that, the emphasis on listening, because from where I've sitting right, like one of the primary jobs of a folks like us, is to build those relationships and you can't build those relationships unless you're listening to folks like you're trying to understand them, and, and it sounds like there's a lot of focus on that and what you do day to day.
Damien: Absolutely. You know, one of my favorite elements of the role that gives me a lot of job satisfaction is meeting with ServiceNow customers, hearing about the use cases that they're driving within their own organizations, you know, whether I'm talking, yeah, whether it's someone in a, bank or a financial services industry, or maybe, more recently, I've had the privilege of going and visiting the Aston Martin Formula One team and looking at how I know, right. And looking at how they plan to use ServiceNow to literally make the car go faster.
CJ: that's awesome. I'm just going to repeat that back just to make sure I heard it right. Are you saying that Ashton Martin is using service now to make the cargo faster?
Damien: So Aston Martin's Formula One team at late last year, they announced a strong strategic partnership with ServiceNow as our innovation technology partner. Now there's a long road ahead of us. You know, we're in the early days of implementation here. Right. And, I can't really talk about the detailed specifics because, there's commercial confidentiality, but net net. Aston Martin Formula One team is going to be using ServiceNow to drive innovation, to drive operational efficiencies. And ultimately those efficiencies are , what can make the difference between that car, fractions of second, whether you're a Formula One fan or not, if you watch those cars on the track. You watch them overqualifying, the fastest car may do a lap in one minute, 30 seconds. The slowest car may do it in one minute, 30 and a half seconds, and you got 20 cars on the grid, so those marginal gains are what really drives the difference between winners and losers in Formula One. And think about all the data that can be captured in service. Now, think about things like tire temperatures, you know, heartbeat ratios for the drivers. There's just so much data. That could be channeled into ServiceNow through all of the analytics capabilities. And, I'm just really excited about what the future can hold.
CJ: Wow.
Duke: I feel like it's my first day on surface now again,
CJ: Right.
Duke: and it's just like, wait a minute. This can do way more than, I till, , it
Damien: Yeah. So it's not just a ticketing tool. Let's, let's just get, let's just break that stigma. It's not just a ticketing tool.
CJ: Yes.
Duke: right? I mean, we've been saying it for almost two decades now, but, I don't know. But
Damien: It's funny you say that Rob. ServiceNow, ServiceNow is two decades old this June, 20 years old in June.
Duke: Yeah, which is crazy. it's been such a journey now. I never like marked the date. And so I'm always guessing like how many, how many years do I have now? A
Damien: Well, I'm a newbie. I I've only been with the company for 13 of those 20 years
CJ: Just almost 75 percent of the, of the lifetime.
Duke: what employee number are you?
Damien: badge number or of the remaining employees.
Duke: No, I'm just like, in what order? Which, which number were you?
Damien: well, my badge number is, is yeah, my badge number is 6 8 8. So that means since service now was born in 2004. I would have likely been the 688th person to walk through a door out of full time employees, contractors, technical people, part time interns, etc. But at the time I joined the company, I remember that our workforce globally was around 350 people. And of those 350, I'm the 138th longest serving in terms of who's still there today.
CJ: Wow.
Duke: and how big, how big are we now?
Damien: an OG. I think , there are some OGs that I have a huge, tremendous amount of respect for. People like Eric Schroeder, Wally Marks, who were literally there with Fred building those. Initial concepts, you know, I joined the gravy trainer a couple of years later, but, I, you know, I've certainly like to feel I've contributed along the way.
Duke: could you tell us any stories where you saw something and you're like, that's not going to work? but it really caught fire.
Damien: Um, well, um, there, there is a few, I guess I have to be cautious. This is going out in the public domain,
Duke: I didn't yeah, I didn't want to, like, say it the opposite way. Like, what did everybody think was going to happen? And it turned out not
Damien: when I joined, yeah. When I joined, you may remember you guys obviously from the, being in the ecosystem for so long, our release names were not always named after cities in alphabetical order. You know, when I tuned, we were on a release that was literally called June 2011 and they were named after seasons. You know, we have fall, winter, June, and, Early in 2012, we were about to launch a whole series of releases that were named after cities in alphabetical order. And you guys both, you know, pop quiz, what was the first release named after letter A,
Duke: Did
Damien: a bonus point. Now you remember it was Aspen, but did you know it was actually gonna be called Athens
CJ: No, didn't know
Damien: our releases, you know, based on stability and quality. And we're going to name them off the major cities. And he said, hang on a minute, we've got Athens as the target city. Now at that time, the Greek economy was going through a little bit of turmoil, shall we say? You can Google your history for that time. And Fred was not happy about the idea of naming. Our first major release after a city that was about to tank the European economy. So about four weeks before go live, it was renamed to Aspen and the rest is history.
CJ: Well, you know, I think I, I agree with, , Fred on this one. I can very much remember, that time in history and I think, switching to Aspen, , from Athens was probably a good call.
Duke: But you still haven't answered the question.
CJ: I love it. , so Damien, tell me a little bit about how you got to where you are now in ServiceNow. having been there for 13 years, you, you've got a story to tell there, right?
Damien: Yeah, look, a lot of it's been luck. Right place at the right time. You know, I like to think I've worked hard, but I've been given a lot of good fortune and a lot of opportunity. That I seized by the horns, you know, I grabbed that opportunity and I made the most of it, but I want to recognize that there are many people out there that work equally hard and perhaps haven't had the same luck or opportunities I've had. So keeping my feet on the ground, hungry, but humble. You know, I joined ServiceNow as a junior individual contributor in the support organization. today we have a huge global customer and technical support organization that's complemented by our impact offering. back in the day, when I joined, I think our support organization was 25 people globally. We had a few in our London office in Richmond, which I joined and a few in the San Diego office. And, you know, over the years we added more support centers and now have a 24 by seven global model. And back in the day, when I joined the support organization, I remember three months into my role, brand new to the company, still cutting my teeth. And my then manager said, Damien, I would like you to go and build us a major incident process. So I looked behind me over my shoulder just to make sure that he was actually speaking to me and he said, yeah, look, we're getting hit really hard in support. We're getting a lot of P ones, a lot of outages. Our data centers then weren't as stable as they are now. Today's service now is very proud of our. Availability and uptime back then, let's just say that there was a few ups and downs with the network reliability. So our support organizations getting totally bombarded with these P ones and major incidents, but we didn't have any major incident process or tooling. so I partnered with our development teams, and, between us, we built what's called the mass outage tool, the MOT. And that later went on to evolve and become what is today known as the major incident workbench, and it, became part of the core product. It was a customization that we use then. , so I did a couple of years in support, and then I hired some major incident managers and subsequently found myself in a management role, , managing people. That was new and interesting. , and. After a few years in support, the opportunity came up to move out of support into the product organization. And I took that opportunity and I guess the rest has been, the best five, six years of my entire career.
CJ: Nice. So I'm like, I'm in, I'm an it, guy, by trade, I guess. I don't know what I call myself now, but I definitely started in the I. T. org, doing support and that sort of thing. And, now I, guess I don't know if I, maybe I am product or maybe I'm, you know, cause I don't know what you call a consultant, right? I feel like I wear like every hat. That is where like in every project. Right. But also having started from that, support side, Of, looking at things like, okay, something's broken. We got to fix it to now, there are problems that we can see that are, longer term and like, how do we build solutions for those? it's just great to hear someone else come from that world. and get to the level where you are now and know that like you're helping guide the ship. because, you know, I think, support folks are some of the least listened to an organization, but some of the most important.
Damien: Absolutely. And when I talk to customers now, today I'm very fortunate. I've been elevated to a senior leadership role within the product organization. And I get paraded in by our sales organization to go and talk to customers as, Hey, this is Damien. He's the head guy in product. but when they hear about my background in support, I think it makes that engagement more authentic. You know, if I'm talking to a platform owner or an IT director and I explain my background working in support, I've walked the walk. I've worked with help desk systems. I've worked with ticketing tools that just don't work. And Cobbled together on shoestrings, and I can feel their pain. And then when I explain how we can solve those problems with our single platform, single data model, their eyes just light up and they believe me. And sometimes I've been accused or I don't know if accusation is the right word, but people say, Hey, Damien, you're really good in sales. And I'm like, but I'm not in sales. I'm just evangelizing the capabilities in the product.
CJ: Yes. Oh my God. Right. Like same, definitely some synergy there. I love that because I feel the same way I get dropped in a situation. Right. And it's I'm just talking the book, this thing is great. I'm just telling people how it was great and how I've seen it evolve and how it can help and you're selling, I'm not, I'm not really, I mean, you can really do all of this stuff. Um,
Duke: funny, like, I've always been captivated by that social dynamic, right? If you, if you cross passion with expertise and a good tool, then it's just like, Oh, you. Must be in sales by the way you talk, but then if you look at like any of those really big, long sales processes, it's like, none of that is in there half the time.
Damien: you're right. And passion, passion and enthusiasm are probably two of my middle names, right? And clearly, yeah. And clearly I work with the best tool, the best product, the best platform. Expertise? I'm not too sure about expertise. Like I say, I think I got lucky.
Duke: well, I mean, when I talk about expertise, I'm talking about , you have been the person who would be a user of ServiceNow.
Damien: Yeah.
Duke: You have been the person whose life would have been easier with whatever you're rolling out that
Damien: Yeah. And to be fair, I have. Being a user, you know, service now has a program called now on now. our CIO, our chief digital information officer, Chris Betty is the champion and owner of our now on now program that we showcase to service now customers at our events, our executive briefings, how we're using the platform internally. to solve business problems. Now I was doing that while in the support organization long before now on now became, you know, a named program. Our support leadership team would say to customers, you should speak to Damien and I would go and demonstrate to them how we were using things like that mass outage tool to run major incidents. And, part of that probably contributed to it becoming part of
CJ: so I will push back a bit when you say, expertise. Maybe not. it sounds you demonstrated that a lot, even if you don't want to take credit for it. But, I think 1 of the things too, that I want to talk or an additional angle I want to talk about, you know, from the support angle going to, where you are now in product management, right? Service now has a, program rise up, And next gen.
Damien: Oh, yeah,
CJ: encouraging a lot of folks who started out like you and me, right? Like in the support org, or maybe it's something that's not even support for like it, but in coming into the ecosystem and trying to end up in places like where you are or where I am over to Duke is. Talk about a little bit about how you see like your career, being an example for those folks.
Damien: I will. But it's interesting you mentioned Rise Up, Corey, because if I go to the ServiceNow website and click on the Rise Up link, there's a tall, handsome dude right in the middle. So, you know, when we talk about hungry but humble, like, Hey, look, who's the face of Rise Up? It's Corey. And
CJ: very much.
Damien: that's why you're. An ambassador for rise up. That's why I'm an ambassador for rise up. And I'll gladly talk about my own career journey, but what a program and what an opportunity for anyone listening to this show, if they're not already involved in the ecosystem, there's just a whole wealth of opportunities for them to get involved.
Duke: This is a great opportunity to ask you, A question for our audience. what advice would you give for the people who have maybe got their CSA or they're on the journey and they're still in the grind phase? , the opportunities aren't coming. What would you say to them? where would you have them focus their efforts? What would you have them do?
Damien: Yeah. Well, okay. Thanks for asking. And my. Guidance might be different to anyone else's. I'm going to speak from personal experience, and for me, it's all about building a network, having champions, um, having opportunities that can open doors, I've spent the last few years really focused on building my network, building relationships, building connections, and that has. Presented opportunities for me to be invited to speaking events, et cetera. If someone's building out their career, if you've got more people in your backyard, right, in your network, then one of those opportunities is hopefully going to present itself. And by that, I mean. Within ServiceNow as an organization that is clearly growing rapidly with a whole load of job opportunities, but also within that thriving partner ecosystem, Rob, I know you personally, people are always asking you, sending you resumes. How can I get this role? So you've probably got a very, very strong opinion on this as well, right? It's like, yes. I've got my accreditation. I'm going to the resources like product documentation. Now create now learning, getting that knowledge, but how can you apply that practically, you know, download a personal developer instance, right? And get that PDI up and running. You can't beat hands on experience of playing. With the product and becoming more experienced with it, but then by networking, attending ServiceNow events, being part of the community, building a reputation of, contributing to those articles and answering some of those questions, it's just going to increase your opportunities and your chances when you do need that next career move.
Duke: I would love to double click on this a little bit if we can. Cause I did a lot of networking in my youth, right? Let's call it my, my 20 to
Damien: Oh, no, no, so you misunderstood me. I'm not talking about partying.
Duke: No, I was not that exciting. I really wasn't. and so from 20 to 30, I did work and I maintain connections, but I didn't pay mindful attention to what networking is and how do you do it, until knowledge. 11, were you at knowledge? 11, that
Damien: In Frankfurt,
Duke: before. Oh, sorry. No. In, uh, in, oh, gosh, where was Knowledge 11? Corey? San Diego?
CJ: Norley's. Is that the one?
Damien: New Orleans was 2012,
Duke: So was it San Diego?
Damien: San Diego was 2010, Knowledge 11 was in Frankfurt because that year in 11 they had that big volcano in Iceland that stopped all air traffic. So what Fred did, they held the event in Knowledge in Frankfurt in Europe, but in 2012, it was in New Orleans, in 2013, it was at the Aria. I'll stop, I'll stop.
Duke: sorry. You got hella bad.
CJ: Yeah, I went back to what it was, um, at the beginning. Yeah,
Damien: gonna have to make a bit of a soundbite. I've reached black position, I've reached black position. Is that better?
Duke: No.
Damien: Oh, testing, testing, testing, one,
Duke: like a Dalek, man.
Damien: Really? Really?
Duke: Yeah, I know. It's really, it's like
Damien: Oh no. Oh no.
Duke: like a Dalek. Say something very angrily.
Damien: You're not using that as a soundbite. I just MacBook Pro microphone, is that better?
Duke: no distortion and it'll do.
CJ: Yeah.
Damien: Yeah, sure. You can get closer to it if that's better.
Duke: Right. There's good. the short technical issue there, folks, we may have edited that out, or we may have kept it in for the, for the laughs. So what we were talking about was double clicking on what do we mean when we say do networking?
Damien: Yeah. Wait, you started, you said about knowledge and then we were arguing over which year it was and which, which venue it was
Duke: Yeah, no, I think there must have been a European knowledge and a North American knowledge because this was definitely in California, right?
Damien: It was probably San Diego around that
Duke: it was in a tent. Okay. It was in a tent. A big top tent. It was a very big tent, but it was still a tent
CJ: Sounds like a music fest.
Duke: Yeah, yeah. Like, a little smaller. Go to the lunch room, which was like a room in the conference center , you could see all four walls. It was crazy.
Damien: Knowledge was a much smaller event back then, right?
Duke: Yeah, oh yeah. No, I mean even the distance between 11 and 12. It was like, at
Damien: Oh yeah.
Duke: in the lunch room, it was the same size as the entire 11. Uh,
Damien: when Frank Slootman came in ready to, to basically IPO ServiceNow. And, and bearing in mind ServiceNow was only the, well, it was the first company to IPO after Facebook just for context. So it was pretty big. The company was going through this period of hyper growth and not, yeah, knowledge doubled in size, you know, by, by 2013, the first one in Vegas at the ARIA, there were 4, 000 people at that knowledge event.
CJ: that was my first one.
Damien: Yeah. And mine too. And do you remember the now guys, you know, the big giant M& M's?
CJ: Yes,
Damien: But more importantly, let's pivot back. We're talking about networking and being able to go to those events means you have the opportunity to mingle with other attendees, right? Uh
. , CJ: and not only just other attendees, it's important to understand, the profile of an attendee, , this is some people who show up to knowledge care about and have this passion for the platform, right? This deep , And it resonates from them, like it's, like walking into a room with it, where everybody else thinks the same way that you do from the perspective of, we love this thing. ? And so you might be at home and feel weird talking to people about service now, because they've never heard of it. And then you walk into knowledge and everybody's like, man, don't you get it?
Damien: huh. I've explained to my family, I've tried to explain what knowledge is like and I've said it's like Comic Con without the fancy dress and instead of talking about, superheroes or cosplay, we're just talking about ServiceNow. But every single person in that event is passionate, almost as
Duke: They're all the superheroes, right?
Damien: right? Yeah, absolutely.
Duke: but on top of just being in the presence, like, you really have to go out of your way and talk to people like it's going to happen naturally. But I think it's just in the trenches. What does it mean to build a network? Right? It means
CJ: mean, you
Duke: getting to a point with somebody that you can reach out and contact them whenever or getting them to remember you. And at knowledge 11, actually the keynote speaker, that was, that was the thing, right? It was so small, the keynote speaker had nothing to do with service. Now it's just some motivational speaker guy,
CJ: discussion going
Damien: yeah,
Duke: which was awesome. But , he told the story about how introverts are like better network. I considered myself a shy, introvert at the time. Right. But he said, introverts build better networks because they put the focus on somebody else. So when they meet somebody, they're like at, so that they don't have to be the center of attention and talk a lot. They will ask the questions of. The other person and the other person remembers that like, oh, this person makes me feel good. I talked a lot and you know what I mean? And so they have, they store all the potential energy of that.
Damien: that's right. And I think that those events are great. Those conferences, seminars, local meetups, you know, like developer meets and that they're always a good opportunity to meet like minded professionals, but if you were asked some advice, I'd say like, look at what events are taking place in your local area. You know, you don't have to travel the world to find an event. , and then when you attend. Try and find out who is going to align with your networking goals , bring business cards, et cetera. And when I talk about a networking goal, , it's crucial to have that clear goal in mind. , if you're attending one of these events and you're looking to build your network, are you looking to advance your career? Are you looking for your next industry opportunity? Are you trying to find a mentor? So I think having a definition of your personal objectives, that actually helps target the right connections. and tailor your approach to each interaction.
Duke: Okay.
CJ: Yeah, I think that's incredibly important as well. ? Because it's great to have a wide ranging network. ? But not every, person in your network is going to be useful for every stage of your career. ? And, um, And, and while a network, , and ultimately , like it all, it always feels like a little, like sometimes a little, you know, yucky talking about a network like this, but I mean, realistically, , folks are there to one, , hopefully you, you get to know
Damien: You're
CJ: and you, and you're right. And you're better off for that. But then also, right. It's someone to call on when you're in need, like career wise, if you need a mentor, right. Or if you're looking to take that next step, are there any opportunities or, can you help me figure out how to go about all of that? And.
Duke: Yeah, especially in this ecosystem, Corey, like asking people for help in a, in an ecosystem as passionate as ours,
CJ: yeah.
Duke: it's just, don't be shy about that.
Damien: and don't overlook the importance of your existing connections, and by that I mean family, colleagues, classmates, acquaintances from your neighborhood. Because if you can catch up, and, just share general networking discussions about your career, about mental health, which we can talk about later, , maintaining those relationships. can sometimes lead to unexpected opportunities. You know, I live in a very small village in, in rural England, about two hours west of London in the countryside. But within my village, there are at least three people that are either ServiceNow employees or working in the ecosystem. So, you know, we can grab a, have a coffee in our local village coffee shop. You know, a million miles away from the big smoke from the city, and yet we can have an engaging conversation about service now.
CJ: That's that's great. I think I'm the only one in my village who knows what service now is.
Duke: I'm dying to get to a village, man. I can't stand the city.
Damien: guys are welcome. You can come and visit anytime.
Duke: I went out to there a couple years back to visit James Neal and I was out in Reading. And, , man, a mind shift, the walkable city thing. I thought, I get it now.
Damien: Yeah, so I live an hour west of James. Like I say, , my village has a population of 4, 000 people.
CJ: Wow, that's tiny.
Damien: Yeah,
Duke: well,
Damien: I think you guys call it quaint.
CJ: Yeah, yeah. There we go. Quaint. Yeah, that's quaint. I like that.
Duke: I grew up in a small town like that in Canada, but it was a a modern place by European standards. And so it was built for cars and just kind of, you know what I mean? There was, there's a tiny, tiny walkable downtown, but,
Damien: Some of our buildings are from the 16th century. I mean, my village pub is older than the United States of America, right? Just for some context.
Duke: I love how like the European conception of old versus the American conception of old is, is
CJ: it just definitely puts a lot of things in context. Right.
Duke: yeah. Um,
CJ: is, we've talked a lot about, , the past of ServiceNow. What are you most excited about for ServiceNow's future?
Damien: I'm going to be honest, guys , as a ServiceNow employee, I'm obviously excited about the stock price, right? Because I'm in Look, let's just be transparent about it, right? working at a service now has a lot of perks and a lot of benefits. I'm really proud to be part of a company that is very focused on employee well being, and there are a whole number of perks, not just financial, right? But, as an investor, as an employee, As a shareholder, watching that growth of that stock price and the success of the company, that is genuinely one of the things I'm excited about, right? I have to be completely honest. But also in relation to that is the impact that it has on people. last year, we launched ServiceNow. org, our venture into the non profit world. And I was personally Close to tears because back in Knowledge 22, I had the privilege and honor of meeting the CEO of a, a nonprofit based in South Africa. And they were literally using the ServiceNow platform to distribute food and supplies to starving children in Africa. And that story went on to become a case study for servicenow.org that was presented to the entire company at this year's ServiceNow kickoff. And, seeing how the platform can make a difference and impact to people like that is incredibly gratifying. And then, of course, combined with the usage of ChatGPT, GenAI, and leveraging large language models built on the ServiceNow platform. It's just a great place to be. So that's what I'm excited about for now and the future. I've
, Duke: what a great place to leave off, , Damian, , we're at 36 minutes. We got to think about winding down here. , thank you again for being here. And , any last words of advice for audience?
CJ: Transcription
Damien: to all of you. If you're listening, it means you are obviously, you're into CJ and the Duke, which means you're into service now, which means you're invested in the company, in the platform, in the product, this ecosystem, it's thriving with technology. It's thriving with energy. But most importantly, it's about those connections and about the people and this network is the best network on the planet. So thank you to all of you.
CJ: Man, like how do you even top that? That's amazing.
Duke: like the best outro we've ever had.
Damien: Do you, do you need me to try and make the sound of a mic dropping?
Duke: We can add that in. We'll add it
Damien: I I've really enjoyed chatting to you both.
Duke: pleasure was ours, Damien. Thanks for coming.
CJ: Absolutely loved it.