Tim Farley: Hello and welcome to another episode of Armbar Audio. I'm your host, Tim Farley. The next to me is my trusted
John Kerns: companion. John Kerns. What's up everybody today. We're coming at you with another fantasy chart, another installment of poker main series. We're coming at you with a fantasy tournament, which we have titled it. Give thanks for filing or going on the, uh, we're on that Thanksgiving trend. We wanted this out before Thanksgiving, but you know how
Tim Farley: things go? Yeah, man, we're three adults. We got jobs and
John Kerns: shit. And especially around the holidays. Makes me not want to do
Tim Farley: anything else. We don't get paid off this shit, man.
Bookerman: Give me money, sign up and say,
John Kerns: we've been doing this
Bookerman: for three years.
Tim Farley: Anyway, we are here again with the Booker man
Bookerman: himself ship. That's going on, people. How you doing today? Happy Thanksgiving. Happy holidays there buddy. Got another poker man championship fantasy tournament here. So it'd be pretty good.
Tim Farley: Oh yeah. So we decided we wanted to do a tournament. Uh, and we were gonna all, we were going to do it like a traditional 16 man, since there's three of us, we were each going to pick four and then we would do a unanimous one. The unanimous wrestler, as you could see on the screen, the wrestlers here, a unanimous, unanimous choice was Jonathan. Um, we'll pick five. And then
John Kerns: I did math in my head, like,
Tim Farley: wait a minute. Who, who picked, who? Remember?
John Kerns: I have it in a note, but
Tim Farley: I picked Shingo Alexander.
John Kerns: Tim, you picked Shingo black
Tim Farley: agent gray, the motherfucking truth and the walking
John Kerns: weapon. George Alexander ship chose Adam Kobe moose, uh, Johnny rustling, Johnny Gargano and kill across. I chose the ticking time bomb, uh, big breakfast, young dumb, and broke. Jordan Oliver. Fuck. Yeah, the tweener Kenya mega fit Bauer and dashing. Wonderful unanimous entrance, none other than the, uh, member of the foundation, if they are even a thing anymore. I don't know.
Tim Farley: I hope they are the octopus, the octopus.
John Kerns: What? One of the luckiest man alive. So yeah, the field Shango cross omega
Tim Farley: in Beller and John put them into a randomizer and this is the field. This
John Kerns: is what the range of minds are spread out. Uh, first of all, first match on the card is in LIJ battle. Uh, her rheumatologist. Again,
Tim Farley: we have the current new Japan champion, heavyweight IWG world heavyweight champion against the junior AEs. Uh, Hiromi Takahashi. And as much as I love talking to she, uh, it is not his time. The rampage dragon would put him to bed, uh, after probably I would say after probably 20, 20 minutes of fighting also, uh, this is like JCW and ECW rules where, uh, uh, outside objects are not encouraged, but they're not discouraged either. Um, I would say Hiromi would pull out all the stops doing the divers to the outside and such, but she didn't go was just too much of a powerhouse man. I'm out of his boots, his furry boots,
John Kerns: and they are very,
Tim Farley: what do you
Bookerman: say? I,
John Kerns: so I actually, I think Shingo would go over as well. Um, as much as I love him, he was my pick,
Tim Farley: but
John Kerns: yeah, I mean, Shingo
Tim Farley: is
John Kerns: the rampage dragon, and he's on the top of his game right now. He's he's peak shingle right now.
Bookerman: Uh,
John Kerns: so yeah, it would be an awesome back and forth contest and there would be a lot of sportsmanship involved. Here's their stable mates, absolute
Bookerman: Shipton. Based off some of the messages that I have just watched students, just his base. He think he's a beast. It looks like he looks like he could take just about anything you handle. And then, so, uh, I'm going to go ahead and make this.
Tim Farley: She didn't go and was on the second round. Now, going over to the other side of the bracket, the first match over there is the leader of Louis and go over and all his day opponent against the walking weapon. Josh Alexander, uh, Josh Alexander has had an outstanding year. Uh, he's been featured prominently on the independence. He has been featured prominently in impact, um, as the X division champion and caching in the X division championship and beating Christian cage for the title only to be taken, to be taken away so quickly. But he has had a great match against Suzuki and there's more in store for him. He goes by the iron man. Uh, he wrestles, uh, like a pure wrestler, a technical wrestler, a Knight is more cerebral. He, uh, he likes to play mind games, but he also his move, his finishing move is the Destino, which targets the neck and almost every move in his arsenal, uh, leads up to that move. We've seen Tetsu at the lowest of lows and the highest pies. Uh, his highest of high was in January. Uh, is it this January or no? Cause the booshie came out on top. Yeah. Well we saw the first ever double champion in new Japan. Um, We've we've seen a lot from him. Uh, he's just now coming back from an injury and he's still at the top of his game there Timmins, not our leading the world tag league right now. Um, in my opinion, this can go either way. So I want to kick it over to one of you two first. I'll chime in on this one.
Bookerman: I'm not extremely from my super familiar with jobs Alexander. The most I know about him is in the north with, uh, all Ethan Page. So I know him more as a texting wrestler. This guy's got math skills. He definitely technical and all aspects tough. He's got the size, I think. Nice takes this. Uh, Josh, Josh Alexander could not, I don't wanna say one-trick pony, but he kinda sticks to one set in my view. Which is straight technical, whereas NATO, Kayla, it can get a little cerebral dance around getting your head, smile, dance laid out through as though, you know, and get into the head. And I think that night I could take him off his game and then hit him. Uh, that move you just described, uh, you said, you know what, it's like a break or
Tim Farley: something and like, does this high-impact neck breaker type deal? I, I don't know. I haven't seen it in a while. I'll be like floats over them into like, come on.
John Kerns: You're talking about the Destino. He grabs like a headboard and then flips over them. And it ends up being like a reverse dating tape.
Tim Farley: So chips go with NATO, John, who
John Kerns: I'm actually going to go. Josh, why
Tim Farley: don't we go off the beaten path?
John Kerns: Well, because like Josh Alexander, I mean, yeah, NATO has all these tricks up his sleeve, but that's only sort of to piss off Josh Alexander
Bookerman: and
John Kerns: we just saw George Alexander shortly holding the impactful title before somebody else on this tournament took it away from him. So I'm going to say Georgia was Andrew was going to just broaden his way to the winter.
Tim Farley: Those make convincing arguments. I think the experience in the ICU and the versatility of night tow takes nights to the second round. So I'm sorry, John. But the second round goes, NATO's going to the second round. It's
Bookerman: okay. All right.
John Kerns: Now we're going to talk about, we have over on the left side again, we've got dash and Chris bay, the newest member of the pool, and it was one on one against former board member. And I'm told bay
Tim Farley: bay, I said this,
John Kerns: that's why I'm saying the fact that this was randomized crazy,
Tim Farley: right? I'm going to say this. Uh, Chris bay is a promising talent. Uh, this match would be really. But Adam cool. Would super kick him like he did to ricochet somehow like off of the spring. Yeah. Tempt or some flip Adam Cole would just catch him. Right. And fucking mid air, uh, and Adam Cole. And that I'm cool. So it was about two feet taller and about a hundred pounds more. It would've been the universal champion and the WWE about a year or two years ago. Uh, the guy is a fantastic, he's a fantastic professional wrestler and sports entertainment. Yeah. Uh, I'm go with Adam cool bay.
John Kerns: And I'm cold bay bay. What about you chip?
Bookerman: He said that any better. So I sort of watched the Brisbane masters, so I watched a little, so I've watched the more I watch the one print him and change. Yeah, which was pretty nice. I liked Chris bay, but not as much. So like Adam Cole seems like, seems like they're getting ready to start with the undisputed super quick, but it seems like for now anyway. Um, and so co Riley,
Tim Farley: he comes over and then omega comes back eventually and lets heads with Adam. Cool. Would she kind of like, yeah, there's going to be versus the undisputed, whatever they want to call them whenever.
Bookerman: Yeah. He's got the skill, Adam Cole, my he's the modern day. Shawn Michaels to be
Tim Farley: absolutely 100% Adam Cole, maybe a little less athletic, but definitely. With the build and the charisma charisma. Yeah. I remember when I first started getting back into wrestling, I got up pro wrestling illustrated. Adam Cole had just come onto the scene and they said that like then years ago, like before it was in ROA that he would be the next show. I'm like, yeah,
Bookerman: guys just he's got, yeah,
John Kerns: he's got, he's got it, John
Tim Farley: is, if I know it doesn't matter because we both said I'm cool. I know.
John Kerns: All right. I mean, it's that?
Tim Farley: All right. So that sets up Shingo and Adam. Cool. For the second round, let's go over to the other side.
John Kerns: Here's. How about killer cross against the supernova current champion of Noah? uh, the other cross, just coming off with WWE release, where he was carrying cross. Um, if we're talking like kayfabe or like Canon in the rest of the universe crosses coming in, looking approved. So
Tim Farley: yeah, we got, we got killer cross who's, uh, who did well and NXT got shit on, on, in WWE. Raw did well in impact did well in Mexico and on the ground. Uh, he, he has the, uh, he has a kind of fighter background. Uh, he can hit you with a submission. He can hit you with a strike, but so can knock a Gemma. Gemma, I believe is a second degree. Black belt in karate. You may have other things behind him. He's been wrestling since the age of 15. And he's only 33 years old. Uh, Nakajima has been in new Japan. He's wrestled for ROA and she's wrestled Bryan Danielson. But right now Nakajima is one of the best wrestlers on the planet. And that's not saying killer cross isn't. Um, in my humble opinion, this almost goes to a draw. I believe killer cross would try to use a weapon. Yeah, maybe a steel chair and knock a Gemma would quick the chair through killer crosses chest and log DMLS for the Kao with a cross would put it the sleeper on, uh, Nakajima. Push him back into the turnbuckle a couple of times, but cross and keep it on. Then he would take it off to maybe go for a stomp or a, you know, an elbow or something and Nakajima would kick out. But eventually I think the ending of this match would see Nakajima winning by Kao damn near the 60 minute time limit. Yeah. Or 30,
John Kerns: 30, 60 per
Tim Farley: the first round. We can't do that first round.
John Kerns: It's going to be 17 hours long fantasy. Yeah. Crossword immediately try to use the size advantage against hockey jam up and it wouldn't work. Uh, knock the genders too quick. Mr. Smart. So what that
Tim Farley: worked? So. Hammond Keno. If he wouldn't have attacked Kenna's leg in the beginning, that match would have went a different way. Of course, I'm talking about the GHC verse. GHC no of the best 2021. Um, but the fact that he was smart enough to go after that leg, uh you're right. Something he would, he would go after a body part that cross would not be able to recover for
John Kerns: knees legs. Yeah. Because dross cross has a size advantage against just about anybody who's in the west. Um,
Bookerman: but
John Kerns: size doesn't win, fight
Tim Farley: fighting spirit does
John Kerns: spirit does. And Nakajima has that in spades.
Tim Farley: My God fucking, I can't believe. The matches I've seen of Nakajima most of them, I can't believe he's come out alive, let alone win or draw. Absolutely.
John Kerns: Absolutely. So, yeah, you're not the gym as well, because I think,
Bookerman: and it's not
John Kerns: nothing in this means that the other guys bet, but like CROs wouldn't know how
Tim Farley: to handle him right away.
John Kerns: And right then and there you've lost a match.
Tim Farley: Yeah. I th I think it really comes down to, uh, like I said, I think the end would be a knockout, but it comes down to the spirit of the fighter. And Nakajima like you said, he has it in spades. I don't think cross could put that guy down.
Bookerman: Ah, cross. Caribbean slash killer cross is raw. How he comes out. You like a freight train all the time. I feel like that's that? That's a bad technique. I mean, I, it works for him. It really works for him. Um, but I think he comes at headfirst. Boom, boom, boom, boom, Jima thinking, man, like you said, he's going to take a body part and start working on it. If that doesn't work, it doesn't work. So we'll pick another one.
Tim Farley: Um, if that doesn't work, he's just going to straight up kick,
Bookerman: kick your chest. I see this one tiny little draw and I see Nakajima throwing his hand over a, just beat down cross as Tom's taken away. Just slapping their hand on top, like boom for 1, 2, 3 with like three seconds. Uh, I feel like this one just goes, I mean, they'd go at each other, boom, one freight train, you know what I mean? Brown's on about sex and I think it comes away with the victory of this.
Tim Farley: All right. So that sets up, knock a Gemma against Knightstone the first round. Yeah.
John Kerns: Which, um, funny enough is a match that could very well happen on January 8th, 2022
Tim Farley: versus new Japan. Uh, so let's go to the bottom half and our unanimous choice, Jonathan Gresham against Mel, the leader of the house of black with
John Kerns: the best match graphic render of all time. Right. That he just got an AWS.
Tim Farley: I will say this. Uh, when I looked at this bracket, this match out of all the ones in the first round, this match is the. To choose Malika black is taller than Jonathan Gresham, but Jonathan Russians built like a brick shit house. Jonathan. Gresham's great. Technically that's like his forte, but Malakai
Bookerman: black
Tim Farley: is also very good technically, and he has the finesse and he has the strikes. Jonathon has strikes too, but like I said, this tournament is under JCW ECW rules. We have a man touting, pure wrestling and grappling, I guess the man who by any means necessary. Right. And with that, I will not make my choice. I will leave it to you guys to discuss.
John Kerns: So for me, this comes down to what happens for. Does matter, I hit that take first or just brush and get them into a hole.
Tim Farley: Um, I seen, he goes for the kick right away and Gresham gets him into a leg lock and then it starts, it starts, the wrestling
John Kerns: basically eliminates the black mass of why gout or whatever it is calling it now.
Tim Farley: Well, you never know because every time you thought he was caught in something against Cody or whoever in a w he flipped that shit around real quick, real quick. It's not going to be a walk in the park, Jonathan,
John Kerns: none at all. And Malika is always able to wiggle his way out of any hole I've ever seen him. Um, he's much like Virginia in that way, but, uh, something that Malka has in his arsenal now that he didn't before that is utilized many times already in a w is that. Now that miss
Tim Farley: takes people up and it's not illegal
John Kerns: and it's not
Tim Farley: illegal wellness.
John Kerns: So I think it would come down to desperation. I think, uh, Jonathan Gresham would have go down now it's looking grim for the leader of the house, but then all of a sudden he pops up out of nowhere, splits the mist, hits the check 1, 2,
Bookerman: 3 chip. Yeah. As you can see by my
Tim Farley: silence, it's hard.
Bookerman: This is a very, I thought the crisp Adam full one, but when he came, what did we talk to? That? It was just, it hit like. Thank you, sir. You know what I mean? I can see matter of fact, most for that blackout automatically with brushing, grabbing, taking them down, maybe, you know, starting to mess off like that. Uh, Gresham is he's one dimensional, but it's the best dimension that you could have when it comes to wrestling, which is just being able to know every brand Danielson. You can't put him in something he doesn't know how to get out. Um, I think the aggression of Malakai black, where's this match for Malakai black, um, with Gresham being so sure. And his technique is in his head. He's not going to think. He's not going to think about any means any means necessary. It's not going to reach for whatever it takes to win the match. I sometimes take it black in this one. That's unfortunate. Cause I really just thinking this is going to be Gresham, but at the end of the day, uh, with the rules and actually, I didn't know about these rules. So about, I blacked all day. Unfortunately I hate to see him fall out like this, but
Tim Farley: I'm gonna go with, even though it doesn't matter. No, Jonathan Gresham ducks, the mist, Jonathan Gresham, who's been going pure rules this whole time
Bookerman: snaps.
Tim Farley: He starts throwing, he starts throwing, uh, Malakai's left leg off the, uh, off the post. And does the bread heart figure four leg lock. Oh yeah. Interesting. Uh, since there's not many rules in this and we have to determine.
Bookerman: Um,
Tim Farley: Malakai gets out of that by, by sitting up and spitting, miss down into Gretchen's face. Gresham has to break the lock he's on the outside home himself. Malakai gets outside, running Nita the face over the fucking barricade takes some suplexes back over, goes in, throws him in the rain. He's about to go through for the black mess, and everybody thinks it's happening because Jonathan Grasso's eyes are covered in black mist, but Gretchen goes underneath grabs the leg like this, lifts them up. Boom, leg breaker, boom, figure four. Now Malakai doesn't know what to do. Jonathan Gresham is going on to this figure. Uh, like Jay lethal and he is not letting go. Malakai sits up and he starts punching him in the face, but Gresham's screaming. Let's go. Now they're starting to punch each other. They're flipping around the going around. Boom, boom, boom. Oh, this stuff's happening. Fast succession. They finally get to their feet. Uh, Gresham goes to sweep Malakai's legs. Malika jumps up, comes back down, thrust, kick in the face. Black mask over Malakai black unanimous winner.
Bookerman: Oh
John Kerns: my man, you just described an enemy.
Tim Farley: Wrestling is bro
Bookerman: human. None of us
Tim Farley: it's the roles roles.
John Kerns: But speaking of GCs, w w we're going to talk about. Black death, the motherfucking truth. Oh, let's do it. Ajay gray against the winner. The best belt machine
Tim Farley: Kenya. No, I chose AIJ gray because he is the west coast pro champion. He is the, for the culture leader. He is representing African-American wrestling, like nobody else on the scene. And he's fantastic. But when you have this bracket and you get probably the best wrestler in the past decade, you're going
Bookerman: against that. Ain't happening.
Tim Farley: But Kenny Omega's beating you. I don't need to go into any further detail. You could go for every Larry. You can go for every Cappo kick you want, you could try and bring out some Def mash shenanigans. You learned a GC w Kenny omega will forward it all. He will trigger your arm. When you go for that Lariat, you're going up for the one lane angel and you ain't coming back up, bro.
Bookerman: Fucking
John Kerns: hit like right here. Yeah.
Tim Farley: I can't imagine
Bookerman: out of the socket, like legit out of the socket, your arms day,
John Kerns: if this was a death match tournament, it would get so differently.
Bookerman: And he didn't know what I was gonna say. I've seen him in a couple of matches that, uh, I was shocked. I was, I was like, really? I didn't realize. Oh, yeah, like legit. So technical, you've got so much skill DDT,
John Kerns: different. I mean, we had the lights out match. We had the exploding death match, which until the end wasn't legitimate death match. Um,
Tim Farley: I mean,
Bookerman: we're talking about the beat trigger. Could you imagine getting by tubes in front of your face
Tim Farley: right
John Kerns: now? I just want to say,
Tim Farley: man, maybe we will never know, man. You never know where cross crosses gonna end up
John Kerns: being the first man to actually kill you.
Tim Farley: Maybe.
Bookerman: Oh,
John Kerns: but yeah. Yeah, it's, it's kinda, it's kinda
Bookerman: right.
Tim Farley: So back over to the other side, the last match, or the first round in the age bracket, uh, Finn Balor against moose,
John Kerns: moose, moose. This could be the sleeper end
Tim Farley: of the first round. Absolutely. Uh, moose has continuously, continuously recruit, not just in the ring, but on the mic presentation, his body. And finally he has what he's always wanted in the impact world championship. He's finally redeemed as hen and he is a downright bastard for it, but. I would, uh, I would ask you to find a better professional wrestler than fin Bauer. And I think you'd be hard pressed to find one, but I could see Finn Balor going for that beautiful hero being caught by moose into a power bomb.
John Kerns: I thought,
Tim Farley: oh no, well, he's coming down chess right into a powder form
Bookerman: and then
Tim Farley: pick them up, like CSRO swung them off the fucking guard rails and everything. That's also for guys like he's fought Samoa,
Bookerman: Joe. He bled
Tim Farley: he's been the worst with guys
Bookerman: like this. Moose
Tim Farley: moose. Finn Balor goes for the coup de Gras and thinks he has it in the bag. It's taken a little bit too much time and most as we sing, it's very athletic now, very agile. One movement jumps to the top rope into the Spanish fly
Bookerman: sets up for the spear
Tim Farley: goes for the spear. Doesn't get the three goes for another spear. Finn Balor hits a shotgun Dropkick to the fucking dome. It goes up for another two to grow. Moose moves out of the way, jumps to. Spear from behind to the back spirit of the front and a Jack hammer on top for the, when I'm picking loose.
Bookerman: That was, that was good stuff.
Tim Farley: Anybody got thoughts? I'm going to let the
John Kerns: ship go while I figured this out.
Bookerman: I got moose. Huh?
Tim Farley: I decided to go against the grain, the grain.
Bookerman: That's what I'm thinking. I'm not thinking I was thinking more prince debit. It could be bullet club debit was going to have to be that guy to go up against most. I see him get caught out of the air from my, uh, I see at the beginning of this moves us down, going up for the coup de Gras. It gets as you get ready to get up moose Kips up catches him, puts that into a Powerball Powerball, a spear, and 1, 2, 3 that's Rob,
John Kerns: does that mean size
Bookerman: that size trim fit? He is
Tim Farley: he's in the fucking career.
Bookerman: Yeah. Yeah. He's he's, it's not just football clips. So when he first came in, he was football player. Right now he's you're right. He could prove over the last five years, he's
John Kerns: definitely easily Brussels in the world right now,
Bookerman: because when he first came in and he was super raw and, uh, he has star credit. Cause I didn't think he was going to last like that. Um, yeah, he's really putting
Tim Farley: in the word duty. His wife divorced him. He left football and all that money to gamble on pro wrestling sucks to be her. Yup. She has a, it was a new one. So
John Kerns: I like your spot with the sharpen job kick into that.
Tim Farley: Absolutely. I
John Kerns: think it would go a little differently. I think he would hit the shotgun drop cage, split it perfectly catch both shorts while he's going for the spear.
Tim Farley: And.
John Kerns: Because I'm going to be the one that gives you a different way on this one. He hits those shoulders. Then what does it do to him? He grabs that headlock and starts pounding on those Danial Bryce and shoulders starts pounding those elbows into the shorters
Tim Farley: rendering, the spear useless, but
John Kerns: in that spot, during that spot, Bates moves by submission.
Tim Farley: Very nice. I'm picking ballad, but moose goes on the last match in the B bracket, you got one of the best independent wrestlers of all time. Johnny Gargano against one of the best independent wrestlers of 2021.
John Kerns: Jordan don't die. Young, young, dumb, and broke.
Tim Farley: Yeah, you start
Bookerman: this one off.
John Kerns: This is a match that I would love to see happen in real life. Um, well, yeah, all of them, but
Tim Farley: one that
John Kerns: is right now could be a legitimate possibility.
Tim Farley: The rumors are true. If the rumors are true.
Bookerman: And for the most part
John Kerns: in recent history they have, but Joanie or Garneau against Jordan Oliver would be sort of the question styles and short and sort of not, uh, there too. You wouldn't call them little guys, but they definitely have that cruiserweight stop.
Tim Farley: Jordan is taller. Yeah. Um, joining housing. Jordan likes to use the, uh, Cleopatra. He likes to use the big boot. He likes to use the, uh, the cutter off the top. He likes to, uh, he's been using a lot of suplexes and stuff lately. I think he's even added some submissions to his game.
Bookerman: Yeah.
Tim Farley: But how old is Jordan over for real that's
John Kerns: 22 or 23.
Bookerman: He's young.
Tim Farley: Now
Bookerman: somebody I didn't know much about to be honest, I'll watch them.
Tim Farley: That, that can't be all way younger than that. That's
John Kerns: not some Olympic
Bookerman: year. Yeah. If you pull up Jordan all over, you're going to get two wrestlers. Right? You're gonna get a bearded guy and then you're going to get Jordan,
John Kerns: uh, born 1999. So 22. Yeah. He's 22.
Tim Farley: Yeah, it was literally almost wrestled everyone under the fucking face of the sun. Yeah. Uh, you know, he's got, he could jump. He could, he can fly. He could do the submissions. He could do the suplexes. He could do it all
Bookerman: size. That's the only thing holding small guys. Just guy Garganow is something I can't, I can't even find a word. That's in Washington. And like, it's just every
Tim Farley: single and evolve. And whenever evolve first came up, drank at USA was also a thing. They were kind of tied together. I would go on the website and word evolve and try and get USAID DVDs. Uh, the experience and the knowledge of Garganow would send a Jordan Oliver backing out of the storm.
Bookerman: Yeah. Yeah. I mean,
John Kerns: it started wrestling.
Bookerman: I mean, the guys I've seen them in cage matches. Hey guys. I mean, Champa against our drawing. Um, it's just his styles. She style changes from rest of the wrestler. Uh, like I said, the only thing that holds it back sides and in some instances, and even that doesn't even stop you stop it. Right. It's just a, I guess, a measurement you're joining wrestling all day. So
Tim Farley: that sets up Johnny wrestling versus Kenny omega. And the second round, I believe
John Kerns: we have the unanimous is
Bookerman: right. Okay.
Tim Farley: So let's start at the top and we'll go the other side, first NATO and Nakajima mento. And I'll say this market gym was full of piss and vinegar because new Japan has had the thumb on Noah for years. He's coming in representing the four pillars of all Japan that left. And Massawa, who's part of that. Who made Noah? You got NATO sitting pretty on his throne, new Japan leading one of the hottest factions in all of wrestling. Nakajima doesn't let toe walk out with all of his teeth.
Bookerman: True
Tim Farley: as hard as hard and as hard hitting as Nakajima his first round match against killer cross was, this will be a little bit different. This would be a little more technical, a little
Bookerman: more
Tim Farley: posturing, uh, on the outside. NATO we'll use everything that he can to his advantage, including coming down to the ring laundry shit and, uh, taking off his clothes as long as possible. But this will not deter Costa Rico knock Jima. Cause he'd go knock a Jim wants to know once everyone in Japan to know who the real man is and knock a Jima beat.
Bookerman: Uh, I think people,
John Kerns: in my opinion, uh, people see the eyeballs, they see the what's it called the trunk. And they find yo, this guy he's just care his heads
Tim Farley: because his head's
John Kerns: always in the gym. He's always looking for the win and he's willing to do anything to get it. And that's why Nodo goes on.
Bookerman: Fuck.
John Kerns: So chip has
Bookerman: to be the decider.
Tim Farley: Nobody's going to stick. You don't know
John Kerns: me. I mean, the gym is incredible. I mean,
Bookerman: what if.
Tim Farley: I'm sorry, I'm going backwards. Uh, so the first round was like, what? 20 minutes draw. 20, 20 minutes to a draw. Yeah, this is 30. And the final match will be 60 or the next one will be 40 in the last one will be six.
John Kerns: Final match has no time.
Bookerman: Okay.
Tim Farley: This match does not have a winner.
Bookerman: So what happens?
Tim Farley: They're both on their backs. So you're just saying you going up with
John Kerns: the lights, but what are you saying? So what
Tim Farley: would happen
Bookerman: triple threat?
Tim Farley: No, the winner of omega and Garganow just straight to the finals.
Bookerman: Okay.
John Kerns: That's interesting. So you're saying no winter. I said no.
Bookerman: And I said,
John Kerns: so what happens?
Tim Farley: Fuck it. I'll pick, I'll go back to my regular choice. Yeah.
Bookerman: Trust me. I'd be grouped for now the entire time, but I just see not cross at the end, let the very last beat, beat some doubt. And it's just, and I think, and obviously that had a mentality with Dido and B probably being a little more technical. I still think GMO at the end.
Tim Farley: Yeah. Honestly, the only guys in new Japan that I think that I would put over Nakajima or Shingo and Coda, bougie. Yeah. Coda, bougie, and Shingo, both represent the styles that Nakajima incorporates into his arsenal. And. Those would be the key matches that I would want to see from this new Japan thing for Nakajima. But, uh, when it comes to NATO Nakajima is, is on something else this year, man, he's, he's a whole different animal and it's, it's just crazy to watch. Um, so yeah, it goes to the semi's on the other side, but you know,
John Kerns: me, I'm not going to go against, and I know I'm the biggest,
Tim Farley: oh no, I'm sure there's the Japanese child.
John Kerns: I bet there's not a Japanese child
Tim Farley: watching, but I want to go a different route. Let's go to Malikai black against moose, and I'm going to give it to one of these.
John Kerns: Uh, man, it's it's rough. You don't want marijuana guy. You don't want, gotta go forward doing the same shit he did in the last match.
Bookerman: Uh,
John Kerns: moose right now might have a more
Tim Farley: varied arsenal. He has, the power is a power game over if Malika, I can find himself out of situations and if he beats you down enough, he can power you up to. Yeah,
Bookerman: that's true.
John Kerns: We've seen, we've seen guy or our stern it's happened in many ways, but we've seen Tommy and. People, you don't think you shouldn't be able to,
Tim Farley: um,
John Kerns: who was it? I can't remember who it was, but he, in one of the matches, he had a double WWII. He used a fucking on somebody that was like bigger than him. And it was like, oh my God, he threw
Tim Farley: someone
John Kerns: as like, he just has that dark energy,
Bookerman: dark energy.
John Kerns: He has the power of saying,
Bookerman: I see some, I see a lot of limb manipulation from Alison. Oh, sorry. Malakai black counteract loses power. Uh, just gotta be about the same height, but most it's probably got 50 on
Tim Farley: at least. I think
Bookerman: he's definitely most definitely got the size. Um, but I think, uh, Malika black at the end of the day, give submission. Yeah. I think what happens is he works on about three different limbs and guess where he's in so much pain to other that he has to have on the third limb.
Tim Farley: I'm going to go. I agree with you as well. I am as well. Uh, I think he goes for the black mass,
Bookerman: um,
Tim Farley: moose turns it into a power bomb or a power bomb backbreaker like onto the knee, but, uh, eventually Tommy puts him to sleep with a. With a rear naked choke variation. That might be the
Bookerman: only way to get moose
John Kerns: because, you know, we, we talked about moose has the size advantage, but I don't think there's many advantages that can overcome an experience advantage right
Tim Farley: now, this next match. I'm going to do a 1, 2, 3, and we're all going to shelter. Okay. Kenny omega versus joining Garganow 1, 2, 3.
Bookerman: All right. Like I said, I was like, I feel bad for Johnny. Johnny got in the back. That takes away from that.
Tim Farley: Now the last match of the quarter finals, singled to Carnegie against that. I'm cool, baby.
John Kerns: Interesting. An interesting. Um, I mean, I think Sanger would probably do over just, just from beating the shit out of Aaron, Adam, Adam Cole has, the agility has, has an awesome move. Set has strikes of his own was the thing. It was got the brains Shingo whole has brains through his brains too, but Shane you're just fucking murder. Yeah.
Tim Farley: To me, it comes down between Adam calls, cleverness, craftiness, and shingles,
Bookerman: rage,
Tim Farley: pure power assault and fucking spirit. Yeah.
Bookerman: Yes.
Tim Farley: Give me a second.
Bookerman: Gotcha. Take your time. I'll be in my head and it involves other people. Ooh,
John Kerns: interesting. But it involves most of the people, but they both have other people,
Tim Farley: uh, Shingo has her own mood, bougie and Sonata. Adam Cole has
John Kerns: bananas or mega
Tim Farley: fish,
John Kerns: Bobby fish and the books,
Bookerman: Brandon color. But
Tim Farley: you know, you know, they come out. I don't know that I've ever seen them. Only whenever they absolutely need it. So I think, I think the elite would, would think that Shingo was ready to go then and everything was in the bag and they're celebrating on the outside and I'm cools getting ready for a Panama scent, sunrise and outcome. The Calvary start beating up on the outside, cools on a top and all of a sudden shin goes up, just grabs them by the fucking head, toss him across the ring, coping
Bookerman: bomber, harping, bomber, the dragon. That's it.
John Kerns: They probably heard none of that.
Tim Farley: Well, I, cause I was too loud. Maybe I could put it on the couch.
Bookerman: I might
Tim Farley: send you
John Kerns: a picture and go, I assume you are as well.
Bookerman: I'll pick a Shingo. Yeah. You know why? Because yeah, the bucks, the bucks where my other people, and then when you pitch that they don't come out and do they do come out. I'm like, okay, I guess I lose this one.
Tim Farley: Yeah. They're like a weird tweener group. And they also, they also like any match I've ever seen. I think this happened with, uh, when they wrestle grand slam was Shingo against evil house. Was doing everything they could to stifle Shingo. And the whole time I'm saying where the fuck is LIJ, where the fuck is LIJ. And then at the last possible moment they came up and that's how they do things because they had their whole, their whole, um, faction. It's kind of like going to Delmondo and start it's based on competition. It's based on, you know, you do do your work load and push yourself and strive to be the best version of you where, whereas, you know, you have the elite or the bullet club who are opportunistic. Yeah. Um, and that's, that's the, that is the change. That is the reason why I'm going Shingo. I mean, I love Shingo. Everyone knows that, but you, Adam calls so fucking smart, but when chips. This involves other people immediately. My mind was made up,
Bookerman: like I said, flipped it
John Kerns: into the books
Tim Farley: verbally.
John Kerns: You messed it up. No, Brandon, Brandon
Bookerman: Brandon,
John Kerns: Adam calls. Panama's sunrise. And your runs up and yours to hit him. But Adam told Porsche's him. Brandon, doesn't see this and goes up with the spray and he's going, but it's all.
Tim Farley: Okay. So the semifinals for the a side is shingles. The coughy versus Malakai black. Holy fuck. And on the B side, we have Nakajima against Kenneth. We'll make it
Bookerman: fully fuck.
John Kerns: Now
Tim Farley: I have my
John Kerns: final set, but it really, the world's greatest crossover events.
Bookerman: All of these men
Tim Farley: starting. So John or chip, whoever wants to start, whatever match. Go ahead. You got Shingo and Malika. You got Kenny, let's start
John Kerns: knocking G-Man or me Nakajima. Now Tim, I'm going to need you to help me a little bit, cause I'm not as well versed in no way yet. Uh, what are some. The moves that Nakajima can use against
Tim Farley: knock a GMO does multiple thrusts kicks to the face, which is a short, super kick. Uh, he does a lot of kicks to the chest, especially when they're in a seated position. He goes back and forth. He goes one to the chest, one to the back, one of the chest, one of the back, one of the over and over, uh, he does the vertical spike, which is a nasty brain Buster. He also does like a death valley driver spike. Um, he does the double foot choke hold in the, uh, in the turnbuckle where he goes like that through and is like, you can see him through the, yeah, you can see him through the ropes and he waves to everyone. Um, but really, it just comes down to straight up brutal striking and where he decides to start. Um, with omega, you have the tutorial crusher V triggers can go to anybody in any way. Uh, he pulled out that amazing, uh, uh, springboard lagger bomb, uh, on Adam Page, um, w for versatility sake. Oh man, for ring IQ, omega
Bookerman: for straight,
Tim Farley: uh, for striking ability, I'd go knock the Jima for power. I'd say equal.
Bookerman: Uh, You keep
Tim Farley: you guys
Bookerman: well, does it also have something called separateness? Something? I don't know.
Tim Farley: Fuck,
John Kerns: Kenny probably that's a final fantasy
Tim Farley: thing. Um, suffer off as
John Kerns: several as the woman, but so going off of that, going off of the moves that you've listed off, I can see some spots forming in my mind. Uh,
Bookerman: I see
John Kerns: Kenny picking them, picking up not Virginia for the north, the Jimmo wiggling out of it and hitting that verbal
Bookerman: spot. Um,
John Kerns: I can see Ken and Megan kicking out of that vertical spike
Tim Farley: and Jim had gone for another one flips over it's the snap
John Kerns: snap. Dragon flips him over and flips him over, hits the snap. Cause he always those two or three in quick succession, and nobody does it better than Kenya, the Snapdragon soup books specifically. But does it come down to strikes?
Bookerman: No, no,
Tim Farley: Kenny Omega's chest will be ready.
John Kerns: We fell over
Tim Farley: Kenny omega. I will say this before I give my decision. Kenny Omega's chest will be red with blood and there will be marks on him,
John Kerns: Brian Daniels. Yeah.
Tim Farley: But from listening to you talk and going over move sets, this and that Kenny omega wins and goes to the
Bookerman: finals. I'm in agreement with that kicks chops and be triggers. I mean, power, I mean it's pain, pain, pain,
Tim Farley: pain. Uh, and you also got
Bookerman: 15
Tim Farley: minutes of it. He can incorporate anything he wants. He's got that. It's
Bookerman: the most versatile wrestler I think I've ever watched. And it takes a lot for me to put anybody over flick.
Tim Farley: I'm not kidding. Rick flair was good at what he did. I don't think he's had the versatility.
Bookerman: No, no, he did. He did. There wasn't much going around back then, but I mean,
John Kerns: He just, he has this knowledge of every restaurant ever done. He can pull it out and he can perform them all to the highest ability.
Bookerman: Like,
John Kerns: I mean, it's hard to put anybody over him because it feels like you're having the hook could be Goku conversation.
Tim Farley: That's exactly what it feels like.
John Kerns: Make it more general nerdish who could beat Superman because every situation Superman has a way that he's, that he's better.
Tim Farley: The only guy who can beat Superman or neutralized him as Batman. And I believe there is, I believe on the other side of this. Or both are both
John Kerns: or both the Batman to county Superman, I'd say. Yeah. So we're picking up, we're putting omega in the
Tim Farley: final over,
John Kerns: and that brings us to America versus Shingo, which could be a match where nobody has teeth left after.
Bookerman: Do they have teeth going into
John Kerns: well, Shinya where's the mouth guard. That's the only thing, keeping them safe.
Tim Farley: Okay. So let's look at their brackets. Okay. Shingo coughy has done the junior A's of new Japan and he has beaten and thwarted the elite by beating Adam cool Malakai black in the first round, had a rough match against Jonathan Gresham. Second match, rough match against.
John Kerns: Cause this is all happening in one night. So the, the previous matches go into.
Bookerman: Yeah.
Tim Farley: And I think taking that into consideration.
John Kerns: Well, that's why you talk about omega. Omega has solidified himself as the marathon, man.
Tim Farley: Yeah. I think both of these guys are marathon guys to
John Kerns: Shango,
Bookerman: especially
Tim Farley: I think Shingo could take whatever Malakai throws that. And I think shingle when,
Bookerman: but I don't know.
Tim Farley: I don't fucking know
John Kerns: what's what ship decide this.
Bookerman: Hi. I, I don't know enough.
Tim Farley: Well, let's, let's say, let's say this Shingo would not be intimidated by Malakai Black's presence
John Kerns: or the trickery at all.
Tim Farley: Um, Shingo is just a freight train that will come through you, but he's also smart. Uh, he does a lot of moves off of the fireman carrier position.
John Kerns: Yeah. He's like mousse with more of the versatility of the chipper
Tim Farley: starving. Uh, he, he does a lot of areas. He does. Uh, last of the dragon is like a pump handle of over yeah. Kinda like a pump handle farming. Kerry mentioned the driver. Then he does another thing where like, if you're back to back, he lifts you up with. Releases the arms, it falls back. Cause your face, uh, special, but it's like a slam on your, on your
John Kerns: face.
Tim Farley: I forget the
John Kerns: actual name. He also has Japan, which is similar to the last and the
Tim Farley: dragon, but I made in Japan is just like, Japan is
John Kerns: almost like if I
Tim Farley: were an arrow, I don't know. Yeah. Uh, then you got Malakai who, you know, the strategy of the
John Kerns: blackout. He's got the submission game. He's got the myths,
Bookerman: the strikes that the case. Um,
Tim Farley: no, cause more can, can hit the ropes, like with his feet. Then Shingo, but Shingo has done some flippy shit. Yeah. Like when he has like only one, he has to pull it out of his park.
Bookerman: He might have to
Tim Farley: write. Um, but there would be no, both of them have such a high intimidation game, but neither of them would intimidate the other. Right. Um,
Bookerman: well I'm taking
John Kerns: Shingo. Yeah.
Bookerman: I'm taking Shingo,
John Kerns: which is
Tim Farley: my finals. That's why I didn't want to start any of this conversation. Push my narrative. That was my final
John Kerns: is the dream match right now with this forbid endorsed shit. It's one of them. It's one. That's talked about a lot.
Bookerman: Yes. Uh, no.
John Kerns: I mean like Shingo countering at one wing angel with a manager pan or
Tim Farley: yeah. Um, substrate spots, then let's look through this Shingo beat her Romo. Um, cool. Malakai black. Yeah. Kenny beat. AIJ gray. Johnny Gargano Nakajima.
Bookerman: Yeah.
Tim Farley: Uh, I think they're similar in age.
Bookerman: Yes. And
Tim Farley: experience, uh, they both have similar experiences. Shingo wrestling a lot of outside talent of dragon gate, especially when there was a dragon gate USA expansion, uh, his, his match against Bryan Danielson in 2010 was actually actually turned me on to Japanese wrestling. But Kenny omega has wrestled in more promotions because before coming to new Japan, Shingo was, I was just a straight drain gate guy. Um, and then when he couldn't do anymore, his buddy NATO called him. But, um, and ever since he's coming to new Japan, he's
Bookerman: he is
Tim Farley: his support. He's put his stamp on that fucking company. Now, Kenny omega, if it wasn't for Kenny omega, I don't know how many of us over here we'll be talking about new Japan. True. Um, and when he left and left a big void and the pandemic didn't help. But Shingo, there has been a shining light, an outside force shining light in new Japan.
Bookerman: Uh, I don't know.
John Kerns: I mean is putting on goat level matches with every fucking time buddy
Tim Farley: he's in there. He's having Kenny omega new Japan matches while Kenny omega is deciding when he decides to have a new Japan, Kenny omega loan. Yeah.
John Kerns: But those decisions are coming more and more frequently.
Tim Farley: I saw it again, sat on page. I saw it against rich one. I saw it against a couple others.
Bookerman: Well, to me at this point in the tournament, this match is going to have to go and get technical because Kenny's just his fricking eyes. These chip chopped ham
Tim Farley: got that Lariat and, and, and Mo he had to go, Kenny had to go through the lariats of eight grade. He's had to go through the kicks of the chest. The Nakajima
Bookerman: Shingo up until Malakai black
Tim Farley: has that an easier route to the finals, less painful. Anyway,
Bookerman: right
Tim Farley: now she was coming in more fresh shingles. The face Kenny is the hill, but Kenny decides to tell everybody to stay in.
John Kerns: Yeah. And I think Shingo. Is thinking he's having an easy route to the finals until he gets to Malaga.
Tim Farley: And at the beginning of the match, they both shake hands and have a gentleman's agreement that there's no outside interference. And there is no weaponry. I mean, if someone gets caught up on, uh, on the guard rail or something that's different or being thrown into steps, but there's no actual mean picking up a weapon, et cetera. I think Kenny goes for one too many Viets triggers and his Shingo is on his knees and he goes for another V trigger. Shingo catches his leg, lifts him up, puts him up on his shoulders, hits made in Japan. One, two, no, Kenny omega. Shingo sets up for a pumping bomber. He hits the pumping bomber, but because Kenny's just so hurt, he goes out
Bookerman: of the rain Shingo.
Tim Farley: This starts letting the count go, but then gets frustrated and goes outside, but gets caught with the beach or gets hit with a Snapdragon, gets hit with another Snapdragon. Omega's going through shingles. Head is near the steps. Omega's like, this is it. This is where I can do this. He runs goes for the V trigger. Shingle moves out of the way, knee right into the fucking chairs, right steps, single throws them into the ring shingles, setting up for a pumping bomber. He goes for the pumping bomber, the trigger. But that means her they're both Shingo is holding his arm on the ground. Kind of like sitting Omega's on his back, holding his leg. Shingo decides to put on a leg lock somebody else take over. I don't know.
Bookerman: Hmm. So
John Kerns: the last one you said was
Tim Farley: shingles put on a leg walk, like one of those where you grapevine one of their legs with your legs. Yeah.
Bookerman: I'm going to kill these lock,
Tim Farley: something like
John Kerns: that. Yeah. I don't know. So omega had just hit the steps with the knee
Tim Farley: and was.
John Kerns: But now he's in a low, yeah,
Bookerman: that's it. That's it?
John Kerns: I think that's almost it.
Bookerman: Maybe. I think Kenny
John Kerns: is thinking about Tevin.
Tim Farley: He wants to tap,
John Kerns: but no, he doesn't submit. Kenny does not submit that doesn't happen. All right. Let
Tim Farley: me, let me go. An idea. Kenny gets up on his shoulders and he's screaming and Shingo Shingo gets in his face. The gentleman's agreement is off because Kenny spits in his eyes. Yeah. This causes Shingo to break the lock.
Bookerman: Now,
Tim Farley: take it away, John.
John Kerns: Oh, well you just made it easier because now Kenny's going to run and hit one last V trigger, but it's the. We're seniors on the ropes, whether the ISO yeah. Kenny hits their be trigger and she was down now he's his own on his feet
Bookerman: one way and angel
John Kerns: and don't know what
Bookerman: to kick out of that.
Tim Farley: She goes on the roofs. Kenny goes for the V trigger.
Bookerman: She didn't go side steps.
Tim Farley: Kenny hits the roofs,
Bookerman: shingle German Shingo pumping bar.
Tim Farley: Kenny omega can't even get up. The ref looks at him, checks his arm. It's over
John Kerns: Shingo wins by knockout
Bookerman: red.
Tim Farley: You have Kenny.
Bookerman: So all. Okay. So we got, we got the trigger and the stairs, we got the leg, we got the spit in the face. He's uh, she goes to the corner, turnbuckles wipe his face, kitty feature size, the Shingo sidesteps. Kenny's already injured knee off the stairs. It's that second rope or that third turnbuckle. Yeah. And it's funny, you said German and I wasn't thinking of German. I was thinking of some sort of release, but the German works
Tim Farley: right. Automate and
John Kerns: then
Bookerman: bam, like Stein a lot. Boom, boom, boom. And then the rep's like, we're going to handle it. Like yo was like, That's it.
Tim Farley: You just can't go no more.
Bookerman: Yeah. Yeah. The
Tim Farley: winner of the gift. Thanks for a violence tournament.
John Kerns: The rampage dragon.
Tim Farley: Yes. God, I can't wait to do this. Well, the first card was chip. This tournament was my idea, but all three of us threw it in. Yeah. So John, I know what you want to do. So let's go with, what about sometime next month? I know what you want to do you want to do that? GC? W a w super show.
John Kerns: Yeah. I mean, that's something that I've been talking about for a long time. It's something. What have happened by now, but it hasn't well, yeah, we'll do AWS versus
Tim Farley: w oh no. This is up to you that this is only up to you. All right. The next book or man championship,
John Kerns: but ended up being a death match tournament.
Tim Farley: We'll see. It's up to you. The next Booker man championship card will be brought to you by none other than John Kearns. It will be JCW versus a WWE SuperCard. And with that, wherever you are in the world, whether it's morning, noon, night, you have a great one. Peace and love to all of you chip bringing it in,
Bookerman: bringing the two sweet, wonderful.