Australian comedian and river-swim record holder Andy Curtain joins the boys as they realize that it's actually Golden Week RIGHT NOW, and talk about Japan's tentative steps back towards resuming the intimate social contact that the country is known for.
- A great option for those looking to brand their content in an eye-catching, yet quietly racist way
- Ollie's investigation into legal resources for comics who've experienced joke theft
- The reason no one came to Ollie's show in Tokyo
- Jim Gaffigan, Dave Chappelle and Ollie Horn's Tokyo performances, ranked in terms of quality
- The defense of Okamura Takashi's infamous sex-work comments, and whether or not it does qualify as "a joke" in a culture that's more accepting of "adolescent humor."
- How his comments could have been worse.
- (I'm sorry but) Farts.
- the reopening of Japanese public facilities
- Japanese government tentatively relaxing their requests for social distancing
- What Japan might be able to expect in terms of the lockdown ending
- What it's like in Hong Kong, where people have resumed normal life
- Academic and Political hypocrisy in social distancing measures
- Quarantine fatigue vs the right to die/kill
- Rural Japan encouraging people to NOT visit during Golden Week
- Anti-tourism measures
- The Mainichi's intense, smoldering, passion for the Naruto Whirlpools
Have something you'd like to say? Send us a fax at japanbyrivercruise.com
or Tweet to us at @jbrcpod
Mainichi's weirdly keen whirlpools: https://jbrc.link/mainichi-loves-whirlpools
What is Japan By River Cruise?
Stand-up comedians Bobby Judo and Ollie Horn purport to report on the Japanese river cruise industry each week.