In this episode, I speak with a fellow creative entrepreneur who shares my passion for teaching and training.
- His career journey and how he actually shifted from studying finance in University to design
- The early years of juggling design freelancing work with training and teaching night classes
- How his love for training brought him from teaching night classes at University, to setting up a physical classroom, and then the eventual dive into a fully online setup
- The range of formats of his courses and how it caters to different skill levels and needs
- How he does his own marketing and why distributions plays a key role in it
- Seeing the potential of taking on side hustles
- The importance of building a library of evergreen content
- His advice on how to bulletproof your business
- How he handles finding new opportunities when he hits the ceiling of a current venture
- Understanding the customer journey and architecting your solution around solving that
- A simple work philosophy that allows him to charge 5 times more
- His personal mantra where he uses a visualization of waves on the beach
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.
What is Brand Design Masters Podcast?
The Brand Design Masters Podcast with Philip VanDusen is dedicated to helping you build the skills you need to design bullet-proof brands - for yourself, your business and for the clients and customers you serve.
In every episode, Philip, his co-hosts and interview guests will share inspiration, ideas, trends and techniques that will lift you to greater heights as a creative professional or entrepreneur - so you can build a successful creative practice, business and personal brand in the Creative Economy.