Dave (GM): Many years ago, when they were first first started running, running trouble down in Las Vegas, up in Las Vegas, Torrance and Mary Davidson were an item. McGinn turned up. Lawless turned up. And, should we say took Mary's affections away from Torrance?
Nathanial Horcock: Well, what, miss Torrance? Not well, as far as I'm concerned, the whole thing was done legally and properly.
Dave (GM): There's a there's a note that's been slipped under your doormat. It it just says the bitch can fucking hang. You lose 4 points of cunning.
Nathanial Horcock: Oh, really? Oh, I've broken.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. That's not working. How many successes do I make?
Dave (GM): 3. These dice never rolled this well when I'm a bloody player. I put it to you, mister Halston, that you had a personal grudge against mister McGinn, and that you murdered him and tried to murder his wife and family. You should be on trial here, mister mister Halston, not Mary and not Murphy McGinn. And there are historical records indicating there were ninjas in fucking Japan
Nathanial Horcock: Not in the old west. I said no.
Dave (GM): I'm Dave and I'm the GM.
Marion Freeman: I'm Matthew, and I'm Marion Freeman.
Nathanial Horcock: Oh, I'm Nathaniel Hawcock, part time, rancher, and now the part time sheriff. What's the place called again? Junarda Springs. Junarda Springs. Yes.
Jimmy Harlesden: Tony, my character is Jimmy Harston, part owner of the Freeman Harston Ranch. We went there with a valid warrant as representatives of the law from the town. Well, as you've seen from the previous testimony, there are question marks over whether your appointment as a deputy was valid and whether the warrant itself was valid.
Marion Freeman: I have
Dave (GM): no reason to question the validity of those things. And we only have 1 drunken ex sheriff's view, opinion that Jonah Lawless was in fact, Donal McGinn, or Donal McGinn was in fact, Joven McGinn was in fact, Joven McGinn was. I think this case is full of holes, and I think the, the the the case against my clients is is, is is is furious at
Jimmy Harlesden: best. I mean, whether or not so again, it was mister Lawless, he's still shot at lawmen going about their lawful business. That's to be the trolley is not about whether mister Lawless was McGinn McGinn was lawless or not, but who am shooting at lawmen going about their lawful business?
Dave (GM): I I think there is AAA valid case here for for self defense. Do you mind we go inside role team? Yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: Have we got a lawyer working on our side?
Dave (GM): You do. Yeah. He's not as good as this 1.
Marion Freeman: Obviously, no.
Nathanial Horcock: I don't. We got a
Dave (GM): lawyer inside. Yes.
Nathanial Horcock: He's only got 2 successes this time. Oh, only
Dave (GM): the 2. It's gone 432. Yeah. Come. Push that. I've I've got well, I I'll take I'll take the push.
Marion Freeman: Oh, you've had
Dave (GM): a I've got 1 fake.
Marion Freeman: What we should do How much cunning
Dave (GM): do you have?
Marion Freeman: Never go into our social fight without having such a bad you know, we would have been cleaning our fucking guns
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Before before going into a gunfight. But
Dave (GM): you got but you got drunk. You got shit faced and stared.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Well, to be fair, I think that's entirely within character.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. I think we had some shit, I think, with this.
Dave (GM): Are you So doing anything else with that roll turn?
Jimmy Harlesden: Are you busting? Because if I push it, I'm not a 0 effect. So you'll take 2 points for cunning. Oh, okay. I'll push it. Can't buy those off. Yep. So there's 2. If you don't push this.
Dave (GM): Okay. So But if you do put it, you'll be down to 2. You're not out then though. Buyout, they didn't know entirely, aren't they? So that's yes. That's 3 trouble, no successes, and no fail. Okay. Well I'll pop that thing we will.
Nathanial Horcock: What's your cunning, boss?
Jimmy Harlesden: So I'm I'm losing 2 cunning? 2 cunning. K. 2.
Dave (GM): And you need to roll a d 6 for your 3 trouble dice. 1. 1. Okay.
Nathanial Horcock: What what's what was your cunning to begin with, sir? 4.
Dave (GM): Okay. You get so upset that you suffer 1 point of upset and doubts. So lose 1 to cunning and 1 to dosty. I think you maybe you start, you know, getting angry with them more.
Nathanial Horcock: Those aren't broken. I must have just jumped across the bar and shoot the lawyer.
Dave (GM): So does the does the name Gus Tannehill mean anything to you, mister Halston?
Jimmy Harlesden: Yes. Yes. It does.
Dave (GM): Does the name Dalton Tannehill mean anything to you? Yes. These 2 men, friends and workers for mister Men Pretty
Marion Freeman: well researched.
Dave (GM): For mister McGinn. That that you that you killed. Or that you and your friends killed. I put it to you that you are not lawfully deputized, that you acted unlawfully under the veil of a so called warrant, that if it ever existed, it's so old it's no longer valid. This means that you murdered Donald McGinn, and attempted to murder Mary and Murphy McGinn, who were desperately defending themselves against your invasion of their home. And I say that there's a self defense, defense against these spurious charges. Can you make an insight roll, please? I can't. K. He's failed.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay. So what? Let me ask you. Oh, no. So and I can't push.
Dave (GM): You do get a trouble because Yeah.
Nathanial Horcock: Because I
Dave (GM): because it activates.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay. So, my trouble is 6.
Dave (GM): So roll again because it goes on to the next column. 5. You've made such a pig's ear, the situation. The object of your efforts dismisses you. You can't try to influence them again for at least 24 hours. Yeah. I may you start spluttering or getting, you know, flustered or angry, and the judge says this is, there's enough there's enough, you you may you may stand down, mister Halston. Thanks.
Marion Freeman: Okay. They call it do not get ourselves in court cases again, and yes, we're a fucking jousting canning 55 lawyer. That's what I want.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Maybe. There's a recess it's called, before the the defense.
Marion Freeman: It's easier to solve arguments like It's enough pistols.
Nathanial Horcock: It is. So I find the law's a lot easier. Oh, dear.
Dave (GM): You have half an hour before, before court resumes.
Nathanial Horcock: Well, not only have you got a new phone and all, it looks like you have a little bit of all back as well.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Sorry. Can I go and clean my gun?
Marion Freeman: Yeah.
Nathanial Horcock: We're gonna
Dave (GM): have to ask.
Marion Freeman: Wait. How long is the recess?
Dave (GM): It's it's probably lunch recess. So say now, actually an hour and a half, probably.
Nathanial Horcock: An hour and a half.
Dave (GM): So, yes, I think you've got time to go and
Marion Freeman: Let's go and get a good meal. Regain yourself.
Dave (GM): And gain
Marion Freeman: a good meal with friends.
Nathanial Horcock: With friends. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Is is worth a faith point. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. I think you could do that.
Nathanial Horcock: How about cleaning?
Dave (GM): You probably haven't got tightened your boat around yet.
Marion Freeman: It takes a quarter day to clean guns. No.
Nathanial Horcock: Well, that pushed me up to 2 then too because I didn't drive by the Oh,
Marion Freeman: I'm fine on bloody faith, aren't I?
Nathanial Horcock: Are you?
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I didn't push any of those shit you've lost.
Nathanial Horcock: Alright.
Marion Freeman: It's down up to 4, mate. Oh, what's When the gunfight starts, oh.
Nathanial Horcock: 0, dude. So after that lovely session, does all cunning go back up? Or
Dave (GM): Yes. You've got time for your cunning to yep. Your cunning goes back up to normal, because that counts as a rest.
Marion Freeman: That was shit. Lawyers. Lawyers. Right?
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. I'm not I'm not totally a nervous wreck after that. Whatever. I don't know.
Marion Freeman: Makes me think the world is simpler.
Nathanial Horcock: For a
Marion Freeman: gun. Justice of the
Nathanial Horcock: West.
Marion Freeman: Still, judge has not yet decided. Is there a jury or is it just There
Dave (GM): is a jury.
Nathanial Horcock: Yep. It should It
Dave (GM): should be there is a prosecution lawyer who's There is a prosecution lawyer. That somebody Well, you mean defense lawyers maybe?
Nathanial Horcock: It would be nice, wouldn't it? He was very well researched, wasn't he?
Dave (GM): Well, Mary might have told him quite a lot, and Murphy might have told him quite a lot. Alright. So
Nathanial Horcock: yeah. This is the
Dave (GM): His clients. Right. Right. In this room. This. In the dock.
Nathanial Horcock: Enjoying them, sir. Finished them off.
Marion Freeman: Should've finished them off.
Nathanial Horcock: That's what
Dave (GM): right Okay. So your your doste and cunning is restored back to full.
Nathanial Horcock: Alright. And it's gonna be back there. Oh,
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Anyway, I don't think I don't think these social comeback rules were fake ones.
Dave (GM): No. They're a total
Nathanial Horcock: of shit to me. The other before these rules are, well, I don't know.
Dave (GM): I think, well, Matt did these ones. Okay. So the the court reconvenes, and the prosecution lawyer, mister Bowles calls, the defense lawyer calls Mary. Mhmm. Goes through her story that they they heard the knock on the door. They heard a shout. They they didn't know it was, it was a, you know, a legal action. They didn't know it was the sheriff coming with a warrant. That was never made clear to them. When the door was kicked open, they assumed that these people who'd been rivals and enemies of theirs for ever since they'd arrived in town were coming to kill them, and so they defended themselves. Sadly, not well enough, because, obviously, Donor was killed, and Murphy was badly wounded. And then and then the lawyer, your lawyer, cross examines, cross examines her. And does somebody wanna roll for the lawyer?
Marion Freeman: Well, the way we've been rolling recently. In fact, that, I want you to roll them when you're playing it.
Nathanial Horcock: I'm not playing. No. No. Not No.
Dave (GM): I think I think you can roll for the lawyer.
Nathanial Horcock: Hey. No.
Dave (GM): He's got 7 dice.
Marion Freeman: 7 dice.
Dave (GM): Against Mary's insight of 7.
Marion Freeman: A success.
Dave (GM): Okay. She got 2 successes.
Nathanial Horcock: How many faith bosses does Lola have?
Dave (GM): So he'll have so he's got, hang on, he's got 7. Do NPCs have faith? No. But he's got 4 cunning. So he's got 3 cunning left. Mary is pulling up this huge fight.
Marion Freeman: How many cunning has he got left now? Because he hasn't got any fucking
Dave (GM): 2 sets. She's he's he's basically. So the first 1 is the I was basically roasted him completely. Fuck. So, yeah, she makes him look like a fool.
Nathanial Horcock: And,
Marion Freeman: lesson for us.
Nathanial Horcock: What?
Marion Freeman: Just shoot the fuckers down.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Shoot the fuckers down.
Marion Freeman: There's only 1 law that the west understands. That is the law of the gun.
Nathanial Horcock: Stop trying to be a fucking good man from now, and I'll go back.
Dave (GM): Yes. I've well, I've done it. I wanted to make you all like Brady and I. Okay. So there's a there's a few minutes recess while, mister Bowles recovers his, recovers himself. And then Murphy is put up onto the stand. At the moment, you can see that whilst the the jury at the start seem to be
Nathanial Horcock: Pro. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Very, very, you know, in favor of conviction. You can see that there's that. Yeah. Their conviction in convicting them has been shaken a little bit.
Nathanial Horcock: Really?
Dave (GM): Okay. So
Marion Freeman: In in the recess for the lawyers.
Dave (GM): Recovering his composure.
Marion Freeman: I say, do I have mister Tunstall stay in town? Torrance. Torrance. Sorry.
Dave (GM): As far as I know, he and his men left this morning.
Marion Freeman: Damn. I think he might have been a really useful witness for you.
Nathanial Horcock: Mhmm. Yes. No. But yeah.
Marion Freeman: You could put me on the stand again. I have some new evidence. I spoke to him last night. It may not count for much. But, he admitted to me that McGinn was indeed lucky lawless. I don't count for much, given the saying the warrant's invalid, but, yeah, tendency.
Dave (GM): Okay. Well, let's see how, how we can do against Mur Murphy. So Murphy's insight is 4.
Marion Freeman: Come on. You can beat 4. Come on.
Nathanial Horcock: Please. Jesus.
Dave (GM): 33 success. Okay. You got 2. Okay. So yeah. Murphy is is more bitter, because he's still limping, and he's gonna carry a wound for the rest of his life. Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: And his anger is showing through Yeah. About the righteous.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah.
Dave (GM): Okay. And, again, we've got 1 success for Sam.
Marion Freeman: 3 successes. Okay.
Dave (GM): How many successes did you get the first time? Just 1.
Marion Freeman: 2, I think.
Dave (GM): Oh, you got 3, he got 2.
Nathanial Horcock: That was it.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So you got 3 successes? Yeah. K. So he's and so he's beginning to crumble under the pressure of the of the cross examination.
Nathanial Horcock: Is there any chance if, say, if you talk a lot again, if ask for a so, you know, say our lawyer Yeah. Calls for extra time saying he's a new witness, And why is that? I tried to go to good hands, go try and catch up to, mister He's
Marion Freeman: gone this morning now.
Dave (GM): So he's 6 hours head
Nathanial Horcock: start? Yeah. I was just wondering what would be there.
Marion Freeman: No. He don't want him to do it. I mean and also we don't know which direction he's going. He's going to United States, but we don't know that.
Dave (GM): No. He wrote he he wrote off in the direction of
Marion Freeman: Las Vegas.
Dave (GM): Las Vegas. Yeah. Which is heading west.
Marion Freeman: So, in the next sort of 10 minutes, I'll look forward to the lawyer and say, It could be worth questioning him whether he thinks his elder sister is mister McGinnis' son. McGinnis. The McGinnis' daughter, sorry, or the daughter of chap Torrance. Just just ask him that. It might break him. Okay. He does
Dave (GM): he seems a bit confused because he's not sure where this line of questioning is gonna go. But he says, your your
Marion Freeman: father bonus dice? Bonus dice?
Dave (GM): Yeah. I have a bonus dice. Yeah. So he asked the question. It seems a bit out of context. Murphy well, let's see how Murphy reacts.
Marion Freeman: Badly. Yeah.
Dave (GM): K. Well, Murphy reacts doesn't doesn't react very well either, but it's still it's still going and It's
Marion Freeman: entirely our context.
Dave (GM): And the other lawyer says, objection. I I don't understand what relevance this this line of questioning has to to the case. Yeah. Sustained, says the judge. Keep your questions pertinent, please, mister Bowles.
Marion Freeman: I've lost my dice. I'll just get another.
Nathanial Horcock: Hang on, mate. Here it is.
Marion Freeman: It's okay. Black dice are trouble dice now.
Dave (GM): Okay. You got 1 success.
Marion Freeman: Oh, for fuck's sake. Nothing? Our lawyer's crumbling.
Dave (GM): Yes. So he's he's stumbling a bit. I mean, the mister Bowles clearly isn't as good a lawyer
Nathanial Horcock: as No. He does.
Dave (GM): As mister Cockrell. So
Marion Freeman: down 1 dice.
Dave (GM): Yep. Okay. 1 success again. I wish my dice would be this good.
Marion Freeman: 2 more successes and another dice to go back to the pile. 3 successes. Okay.
Dave (GM): That defeats him. He comes across as, you know, his testimony isn't great. He's, he stood down, and and they say, yeah. The the the case of the defense rests. Prosecution, any further questions? No. We we rest. We now, the jury, take the jury out and, and allow them to kill.
Nathanial Horcock: Of course. What we should have done was To consider? The old family we rescued from. You remember? They're now now at the ranch?
Marion Freeman: Nah. Nah. Nah.
Nathanial Horcock: It does. The Deam. Family. Deam should have brought them up their mother's cat. Never mind.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. It's not pertinent to the laws of this case there.
Nathanial Horcock: No. But it's still I
Marion Freeman: mean, the prosecution have built their built their their case on the fact that we don't like the Quinn McGinns very much.
Nathanial Horcock: Depends.
Marion Freeman: At no point did he say what the McGinns have done was Yes.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. Why not just counter that? I was just gonna say.
Dave (GM): Okay. The the the the juries are out for a few hours, and then they, yeah, they they they come back having having reached a reached a decision. And it's a a majority decision. Both are found guilty.
Marion Freeman: They just like tagging people. They're not seeing Alright.
Dave (GM): The judge says, as this wasn't a unanimous verdict, I will will not hand down a capital sentence. I
Nathanial Horcock: The final
Dave (GM): tense moment of the scenario.
Nathanial Horcock: Judge going, oh, wow. I can't get a wiggle. I'm like this bloody wiggle.
Dave (GM): I sentenced them both to, 10 years imprisonment in Santa Fe jail. Yeah. Thought adjourned. Right. Mary and and Murphy are very upset, screaming and shouting.
Nathanial Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): The Mary is I mean, she's doing less screaming and shouting. She's she's quite cold,
Marion Freeman: actually. User.
Dave (GM): And she is looking at the 3 of you Yep. As the architects of her.
Marion Freeman: Punish my badge?
Nathanial Horcock: Mhmm. Downfall.
Dave (GM): Murphy is very angry. Murphy is shouting threats and and all the rest, and and the judge has to warn him to to be quiet or be in contempt Concall
Marion Freeman: your client. Mhmm. As I always say in a 100, 200 years, mister
Dave (GM): Trump. Well, yeah. Exactly. Yeah. Yeah. And the court breaks up. Success.
Marion Freeman: That could have gone better. Mhmm. That Could have
Dave (GM): gone worse.
Nathanial Horcock: Could have gone a lot. I was thinking, oh, they're gonna get off now. Well, yes.
Dave (GM): Work. It's about 5 years. They'd probably get out, aren't they?
Nathanial Horcock: No. I don't think the Do they do do they western times, prisons are a bit harsher than
Dave (GM): Yeah. Potentially.
Nathanial Horcock: But then because
Dave (GM): at what point are we gonna stop watching all that when they're out there?
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. You reckon which the high fight is?
Dave (GM): It's optimistic, isn't it? That is, by the way.
Nathanial Horcock: That's important. That's important. Yeah. Disturbing around that part.
Dave (GM): Quite, Larry. Yeah. Post comes up to you afterwards and and shakes your hands and, apologizes for causing you bother, but he says, you know, he's gonna ride out of town first thing in the morning.
Nathanial Horcock: And so I think we've all learned some value lessons. I think just fucking shoot them next time.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Next time you have a chance to finish them off, but she's gonna be dead.
Nathanial Horcock: Yes. Yes.
Marion Freeman: Snake Tongue Lawyers. I have to say. I'm Yeah. Very suspicious. Justice does seem to be better delivered with my walker. Yeah. I seriously thought they were gonna get off scot 3 then.
Nathanial Horcock: No. No. Yeah. I believe.
Dave (GM): Well, if you had won that last thing, they would have done.
Nathanial Horcock: Oh, it's well, I'll roll that.
Marion Freeman: I love the fact that my intervention did absolutely 0 good as well.
Dave (GM): Yeah. It's just a little bit too off context.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Well, so the dice said. Yeah.
Dave (GM): The dice knew better than all of us. Yeah. Exactly. Okay. Is there anything else you wanna do in town here? Nope.
Nathanial Horcock: Strangely, no.
Dave (GM): Okay. Except
Nathanial Horcock: leave. Yeah. Usually, yes.
Dave (GM): Okay. Yep. Yeah. And you returned back to
Nathanial Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): You're in the little springs. Alright. Oh, dear.
Nathanial Horcock: And so this hope
Marion Freeman: I am brooding all the way back.
Nathanial Horcock: I don't think any of us are in a good mood on all the way back somehow.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. You're not gonna have to talk to Maryam again,
Dave (GM): Grania.
Nathanial Horcock: Grania. Grania. No. Indeed. You're not. But maybe I wouldn't go rushing. What's the odds saying? Only fools rushing where angels fear to tread.
Marion Freeman: Well, that is the old saying, but when have you known me to not lash in?
Nathanial Horcock: Well, this is true. This is true. Okay. Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Because what the issue is here, though, you don't know?
Nathanial Horcock: No. You don't know. It's all height. It's yeah. And he's not
Dave (GM): is not actually being strict, Nourdys' daughter. It's kind of speculation.
Nathanial Horcock: It's just something you've built up in your head. Really, isn't it?
Marion Freeman: You can't know
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. For sure.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I managed to convince Torrance, though. And let me tell you, I don't think he's an easy man to convince of anything.
Dave (GM): Except he might have wanted to believe it.
Nathanial Horcock: He might. Yeah. That's his truth. And you
Dave (GM): were born in April 1459, which is exactly 9 months after I was born. Yeah.
Nathanial Horcock: At least you So you're the bastards.
Dave (GM): Alright. K. You return to United Springs.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. I
Marion Freeman: will just want should we just celebrate the moment that this is the only time, any adventure that we didn't pull our pistols out of their horses except for me to put them on a table Yeah. As a sign of peace. This is
Dave (GM): Well, as you get near to.
Marion Freeman: But it's a great victory for the law of the gun because that seems to be a damn right.
Nathanial Horcock: The easier. Yeah. I was gonna say For the law
Marion Freeman: of the actual law.
Nathanial Horcock: You may yeah. Your point is yes. And didn't it yeah. Wasn't it a fucking mistake? Oh, well.
Dave (GM): Yeah. The actual law seems a twisty, turny thing. I mean, it's like it by lawyers. Yeah. That's have no basis in the
Nathanial Horcock: I'm really actually
Marion Freeman: I'm not sure we should trust law or government.
Nathanial Horcock: Well, as long as what's his name's pros haven't turned up from
Dave (GM): Famous last words? Yeah. Who's brothers?
Nathanial Horcock: The 1 with the guy who was murdered.
Dave (GM): Oh, them, Bollard.
Nathanial Horcock: Bollard. They haven't turned up, have they?
Dave (GM): You gone back to the ranch yet? Yes. Yes. Going back to
Nathanial Horcock: the lodge.
Marion Freeman: Going straight back, so
Dave (GM): Lenny Mattheson is
Nathanial Horcock: fine. Oh, good.
Dave (GM): For now.
Nathanial Horcock: For now. Mhmm. Right. Well, fine. Yeah.
Dave (GM): As far
Nathanial Horcock: as everybody else in, Gerald Springs knows, the trial went fine. They got evicted. All went well. Honky dory. No
Dave (GM): problem. Evicted.
Marion Freeman: I'm gonna have to go and report that to, Grainne.
Dave (GM): Grainne.
Nathanial Horcock: Fine. Well, I am going to I know I'm going.
Dave (GM): Into the home sweet home?
Nathanial Horcock: Home sweet home for whiskey and cake.
Dave (GM): Is that what you call
Marion Freeman: it?
Dave (GM): Mister mister Hawcock's here. Get the finest whiskey and cake out, Warren.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. I think so. Then well, yes. I definitely Okay. A month for.
Dave (GM): Little. Yeah. Little Megan is delighted to
Nathanial Horcock: see you. Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Is happy to look after you.
Nathanial Horcock: Alright. A lot of stress.
Dave (GM): Are you going to visit Yeah. Veronia?
Marion Freeman: Can I make a hawk eye roll and really look at her face?
Dave (GM): Yeah. Why not?
Marion Freeman: I mean it's as good as a DNA test, isn't it?
Dave (GM): It's all wet enough. It's all good.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I've got 4 dice.
Dave (GM): You're gonna need a lot of successes to be able to get that conclusion.
Nathanial Horcock: You what he does?
Marion Freeman: I got a success. And look, a bunch of fives. Fives count as a success, really, in lots of people's games where they think it's not as easy than this game.
Dave (GM): Fours and fives. Yeah. I know. But no. You can see hints. You think?
Marion Freeman: Oh, god. It's not conclusive either way, is it?
Dave (GM): But it's not conclusive either way. No. It's it's,
Marion Freeman: I I think I'm gonna have bad sex with her tonight because I'm gonna be thinking about this. I'm not gonna be able to tell. It's gonna be a bit shit, I think. I I think
Nathanial Horcock: Well, never mind, though.
Marion Freeman: And I can't tell her. I'm I'm gonna feel guilty about not telling her, but I'm gonna have to work out how I'm gonna tell her.
Nathanial Horcock: Well, normally because
Dave (GM): I guess there's a risk that Tuanze might turn up
Marion Freeman: yet. Exactly.
Dave (GM): Well, no.
Nathanial Horcock: I think you're right.
Marion Freeman: If Terence turns up and says, your lover told me that you might be my daughter, and I haven't said answered
Dave (GM): it. That's
Marion Freeman: the end of arbitrage. So it's gonna happen quite quickly, but I think not this scenario.
Nathanial Horcock: No. That's what I mean. Don't hear.
Dave (GM): Okay. When you get back
Marion Freeman: Torrance has moved in and bought me some
Dave (GM): No. Torrance isn't there.
Nathanial Horcock: Oh, he moved in.
Dave (GM): I did think about having Torrance there, but he's not there.
Nathanial Horcock: Oh, no.
Dave (GM): Patrick comes up to you and says
Marion Freeman: You're definitely not Tynesis.
Dave (GM): And says, What so what are you talking about? Just because my my father is dead doesn't mean that the McGinn claim to the Spanish land rights doesn't still exist.
Nathanial Horcock: Oh god.
Dave (GM): You and your friends have taken my father and my family from me, but don't take my business and livelihood too.
Marion Freeman: I don't think there was ever any intention of taking.
Dave (GM): Well, if you honor the the request for land rights I know that you have the final say over what happens if you, if you if you get the land rights that we asked for or at least some of them granted. I can I can probably find find it in me to move on? My father is dead, so I can't bring him back. My mother is in prison.
Marion Freeman: What was the deal with the land rights? Because they'd actually been granted before we arrested Thingbee, Bob, haven't they?
Dave (GM): No. No. They've been they've been the the kind of the requests
Marion Freeman: Have gone in?
Dave (GM): Have gone in.
Marion Freeman: Oh, we haven't So they haven't yet had
Dave (GM): So you don't know no. So you've put in through Crosby what you put in and and you haven't expanded the beginning.
Marion Freeman: So we're still waiting for yeah. We haven't expanded, but they're still
Dave (GM): They still got theirs, but you haven't expanded them. And he is asking you to see that they are expanded. And he he seems he's angry, but he's holding his anger in
Nathanial Horcock: Mhmm. Well
Dave (GM): and saying that, you know, if if if you can see this done, then I can I can find it in me to move on?
Nathanial Horcock: It's a long blow, I'm not there, because that sounds like I mean, like, it's bloody foul again, like blackmailing me again.
Dave (GM): So I
Nathanial Horcock: know my responsibility, but I'm not there. I'm there.
Marion Freeman: The thing is, Patrick, I can write to the solicitor, the lawyer that we we met, but I can't. But I'll get my I'll get Sheriff Orchard, and I'll tell him what to say. But, the town wanted us to give up our relationship with Chisholm. Chisholm. And so I'm not sure that my word will count for very much, but I can write. I can put in a case you as an heir, and you'll farm that land.
Dave (GM): I just wanna have a a livelihood and a place
Marion Freeman: to build family
Dave (GM): now that my family is gone.
Marion Freeman: I don't wanna visit I don't wanna punish you for the sins of your father and your mother. There's no need you should be passed. You should at least inherit the land that your father had. And and
Dave (GM): you should I'm gonna inherit the land that my father has.
Marion Freeman: At least, I said. And and the and the claim, as far as I'm aware, is still there. I'm not even sure that any word has been sent about your father's death. But I will write nonetheless if you want want me to do that.
Dave (GM): I do. I want all this to be over, but I need you to to do your part and play fair by me.
Marion Freeman: I will.
Dave (GM): And then I think bygones can
Marion Freeman: probably And I will let him come with me to Sheriff Alcock and let him write the letter. And you can see what is written.
Dave (GM): Okay. Yeah. He does that.
Marion Freeman: And I will dictate a letter Mhmm. That makes the case, you know, well, notifies
Dave (GM): Crosby.
Marion Freeman: Crosby of the death of Donald McGinn and his wife. But, as
Dave (GM): well as actually death,
Marion Freeman: he's just imprisoned. Donald McGinn and his wife's imprisonment for attempted murder.
Dave (GM): And impending death.
Marion Freeman: But I will say that, his heir is Patrick McGinn, and he wants to see, you know, his land claim still considered alongside all the others as, yeah, I want this for you.
Dave (GM): Are you writing that, Andy?
Nathanial Horcock: Yes. I'm writing it.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I can read well enough to see it if you don't.
Dave (GM): Can you make a bookkeeping role a book learning role?
Marion Freeman: Oh. 0. You bastard. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Just see how eloquently he's written
Nathanial Horcock: Hang on. Little sluss. Let's see how much let's see how Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Put in that note with and she can hang.
Dave (GM): And the bitch Oh,
Marion Freeman: where did that piece of paper go?
Nathanial Horcock: So that is 5 then. Right. Okay.
Marion Freeman: Oh, actually.
Nathanial Horcock: Kill them all. Oh, for fuck's sake.
Marion Freeman: You got plenty of time. Push the roll. Nothing can happen to you now.
Nathanial Horcock: Oh, fuck. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Fuck it. Press the button again.
Dave (GM): No.
Nathanial Horcock: 5 years later.
Dave (GM): I mean, you've written it fine.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. It was just to get a sense of how eloquent it was and how likely.
Marion Freeman: It was heartfelt more than I think. Yeah. I think that's what we can say.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Yes.
Nathanial Horcock: Hang the little. Honest and heartfelt. No. I must really would will actually say to me, if you're trying to be a better man than what than your father was, I I will say then. I'll quietly write the letter for you. I'll say I'll say that to backing Matt up. Yeah. Okay?
Marion Freeman: And if you do ever get any gang, don't go off with the gang leader's girlfriend. That's a lesson I think we've all learned. Especially if she's pregnant.
Dave (GM): Okay. Cool. Then you send the letter off.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. Right.
Dave (GM): Unless there's anything else you guys want to do, that kind of draws us to a close for this 1.
Marion Freeman: And nobody died.
Nathanial Horcock: Nobody died. Let us
Marion Freeman: celebrate that. Not even the attempted murderers who are gonna be helped.
Dave (GM): Wanted to die. Didn't die. Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: No. No. No. No. No. Nobody died. Let's just go with nobody dying.
Dave (GM): Who who wanted to die?
Marion Freeman: That's good. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Well, we're over executionary. Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Right. XP. XP.
Nathanial Horcock: Oh, dear. Alright. So what I put the skill on, is it?
Dave (GM): Mhmm. I'm
Nathanial Horcock: not doing what the possibility is on. Do I just stick with shooting people, or do I try?
Marion Freeman: Okay. I'm not sure about the 0 faith rules.
Nathanial Horcock: Oh, light drops, you mean?
Marion Freeman: All the stuff. Because I'm not I'm not I'm never going to go down to 0 faith. I'm never gonna spend my last point Mhmm. Having been at 0 faith for some considerable time in a previous thing.
Nathanial Horcock: Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: And, also, I think we're generally not rolling very many dice in this game until we bring the guns out. I mean, even even if we were, you know, a decent lawyer, we'd be rolling 7, 8 dice Mhmm. In some of these skills.
Nathanial Horcock: But we're not lawyers, are we?
Marion Freeman: No. No. If we that's what I'm saying. If we were a lawyer and we, you know, we'd push you know, so at the moment, what am I rolling, well, I'm now rolling 3, no, a number of points in. Uh-huh. For for the shooting, I'm rolling 9 dice. Mhmm.
Dave (GM): That's just the experience before my iPad battery dies, because it'll will die any second, and then we'll carry on the conversation. So did you participate? You get 1 XP with just being Whoo. Did you risk or sacrifice something significant to help realize your big dream?
Marion Freeman: I'd like to say I did, and that's my relationship with Grainne.
Dave (GM): What's your big dream?
Marion Freeman: Oh. My big dream? Where is my big dream? I
Dave (GM): have sex with Grainne.
Nathanial Horcock: It's blowjobs. Oil. Oh, I
Marion Freeman: don't want my big dream. Where's my big dream gone? Do the right thing.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay. Yeah. Yeah. Okay. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Woo hoo.
Dave (GM): You too?
Nathanial Horcock: Well, my big thing
Dave (GM): is to make the my brothers around to success.
Nathanial Horcock: My 1 was it. Was that
Dave (GM): the start of it?
Nathanial Horcock: Self improvement. That's why I'd be I think it's a lesson. Let's get a catch sheet. Down here in the other 1. No. So, see, I build, yeah, building on my own, improving my reputation. Yeah. But yes. But but yes.
Dave (GM): Did you sacrifice something to improve your ability? So they probably No. No. Did you risk or sacrifice something to significant for any other character? Gain a bonus XP if that character is your partner.
Marion Freeman: Don't think so.
Dave (GM): Didn't really. No.
Nathanial Horcock: No. No.
Dave (GM): Did you perform another extraordinary action of some kind? I think you can all have a point
Marion Freeman: for the extraordinary entertainment we gave you with that. Yes.
Nathanial Horcock: There was a
Marion Freeman: lot of entertainment. Yeah. Fumble draw. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Did you act in accordance with your faith?
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I think I Yes. What is your faith? Put it all down. Oh, no. That's that's great.
Nathanial Horcock: That's great.
Marion Freeman: Korma.
Nathanial Horcock: I'm trying to be better, man. I'm trying to be better, man.
Dave (GM): Is that your faith?
Nathanial Horcock: That's smooth. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: I think you did try. Is that odd? I thought that was your big dream.
Nathanial Horcock: That's my big dream. I think my faith is faith no. Actually, I didn't. Because my faith is actually it's in my 6 shooters. I didn't shoot it before.
Marion Freeman: No. You did not.
Dave (GM): No. Okay.
Marion Freeman: I mean, you learned that actually your faith is correct.
Nathanial Horcock: Yes. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: I think you have a point, actually. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. We learn that actually
Nathanial Horcock: Shooting people is better.
Dave (GM): Shooting people is better. Right? We all learn that. You get further with a kind word in the gun than you do with just a kind word.
Nathanial Horcock: You just get further with the gun. The only reason
Dave (GM): So how many XP have you each got so far?
Nathanial Horcock: I've got 3 now. 3.
Marion Freeman: I've got 4.
Dave (GM): 1 over to up
Marion Freeman: to 4. Mhmm.
Dave (GM): I have 1. Okay. I have 2 more each.
Nathanial Horcock: Oh, 6. 6.
Dave (GM): I think because because that was a scenario that was all about talking and
Nathanial Horcock: No. It's relevant.
Dave (GM): And Yeah. Again, I'm not entirely sure.
Nathanial Horcock: No. That was fun. Even though that I'm
Dave (GM): happy with the, the way we do XP either, really. I'm
Nathanial Horcock: Even though the trial was totally we I wouldn't know. Hit, there's a good snow. That is good.
Dave (GM): Cool. Good. Glad you enjoyed it. Yeah. Felt comfortable. Exactly. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Absolutely. This.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. Exactly. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: If I've got any criticism at all of that scene is that we did kind of just roll dice. And lately, you should have narrated out,
Dave (GM): a bit a bit more.
Marion Freeman: But that's that's a minor point.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: And we've always known you were a show GM, so that's fine. I'm recording this, by the way.
Dave (GM): Yeah. I know you are. I know. That's fine.
Nathanial Horcock: No. That's good.
Dave (GM): I might be shy I'm still better than the rest of you. Yeah. I hadn't really thought about rules for running AAA trial. Mhmm. So I just decided that there would be a I think because you've mentioned the social conflict. Yeah. I decided it was gonna be a social conflict between you and the lawyer for each of you. Yeah. And then if you win that conflict, the number of jurors who are gonna vote for conviction go up. If you lose it, the number goes down, and you gotta get at least 9 to get a conviction.
Nathanial Horcock: Right. And we got
Dave (GM): If you had 11 or 12, it would have been execution.
Nathanial Horcock: Right.
Dave (GM): Less than 9 would have been a
Nathanial Horcock: That's right.
Dave (GM): Acquittal. Yeah.
Nathanial Horcock: Oh, what how many do we actually get in there?
Dave (GM): 9.
Nathanial Horcock: No. Oh, fuck. No. So, actually, it's Max's fault because he's the 1 that kept on going about having social conflict.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. If you're allowed And I deserve no
Nathanial Horcock: rail But shooting people in the stick.
Marion Freeman: I think that that was good drama, wasn't it? Yeah.
Dave (GM): That was good. III really enjoyed it. And fun watching you guys squirt.
Marion Freeman: And if she'd if she'd got off scot free and then came back to take over the farm or something Not
Nathanial Horcock: a shotter.
Marion Freeman: I'd have been fucking pissed off. But also that would have been Yeah. Great. Perfectly good narrative. Yeah. Yeah. Good drama.
Nathanial Horcock: I think because I do
Marion Freeman: When she comes out in 10 to 5 years' time 5 to 10 years' time and joins her son But
Nathanial Horcock: the funniest I do remember actually saying to you 2, actually, if I hadn't been taken out during the fight
Marion Freeman: You would have killed her?
Nathanial Horcock: I would have killed both her and her son. Yeah. Because my thing when when the Mexicans and, Raymond told them, gave me they gave gave us the warrant. The impression I got is that they wanted them gone.
Dave (GM): Yeah.
Nathanial Horcock: So I thought I think they would have been
Dave (GM): happy with them going. Yeah.
Nathanial Horcock: So and as I've done quite a few cold night shot, I'll do I'll just shot her in the heli. That's it.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. And I and I expressly didn't, you know, at the point where I was trying to stop her, I could have just shot her some more times. Mhmm. But I tried to persuade her.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So
Marion Freeman: And got her gang member
Dave (GM): To drop his gun.
Marion Freeman: To to persuade her as well. Yeah. So that's my own fault. She's alive.
Nathanial Horcock: No. No. No. I'm just saying I'm
Marion Freeman: just trying to do the right thing. Can I have the next jacks?
Dave (GM): Not from the previous scenario.
Nathanial Horcock: Well, I think, yeah, definitely, yeah, my faith in my faith in 6 shooters has been reinforced. I Yeah. Bucket now.
Marion Freeman: This does say that I've got 9 XP.
Nathanial Horcock: Did you spend it last time then?
Marion Freeman: Hold on. I mean, I've got 1, 2, 3, 4. Yeah. No. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. I've got 10 how many circles are there? 1, 2, 3 It's
Dave (GM): your design, mate.
Marion Freeman: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. Yeah. 9. So Lucky you.
Dave (GM): You got 9 XP to spend.
Marion Freeman: Right. And how do we spend XP?
Dave (GM): 5 on a skill, 4 for a basic talent, 6 for an advanced level talent. Alright. Nice and easy. Right. So what are you thinking we should do with 0 faith then, Matt? Because we've kinda gone around the houses on this quite a lot.
Marion Freeman: So just on and I don't know whether it's it's just the way it's day to day, and because we were using skills that we're not great at. But I was just I had already been thinking, some games you get to roll a lot of dice because of magical gear or something. This 1, obviously, you do with shooting, and that's fine because shooting is pretty fucking deadly, and it works both ways. But, generally, we're not rolling many dice. It's more like theirs and all.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Mhmm. Fails.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. And therefore, the chance of the chance of failure are quite high.
Dave (GM): The likelihood of pushing is quite high.
Marion Freeman: And the like well, yeah. Spend. Yeah. And and then there's a thing where yeah. So so I just wonder whether we're chasing 0 faith rules because we quite like the idea of having lost your faith. But I just noticed in playing this, there was no way I was gonna spend that last faith point, and therefore that last faith point now becomes a thing.
Dave (GM): It's redundant, isn't it?
Marion Freeman: It becomes redundant. Yeah. I mean, it does save me from shitty stuff. But if I if you'd spent that faith point on
Nathanial Horcock: The lawyer.
Marion Freeman: On on on not, you know, on getting rid of the 1 effect that went up to a level 2 effect, That might have been a good idea. But then everything you did would come with trouble.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: And so actually
Nathanial Horcock: I mean, how's it remind me because I know you say I've faith. It's like, I've got faith in 6 shooters. How does it actually work then? Because I can't
Marion Freeman: Wait. That
Nathanial Horcock: It doesn't actually work.
Marion Freeman: So in the in this case, if you'd said, yeah, I shot the fucker because that's how the law works in the Wild West.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. I
Marion Freeman: have I don't have faith in the fucking law.
Nathanial Horcock: Oh, yeah.
Marion Freeman: I'm shooting fate. Then you'd have got your extra experience, but that's all. Alright.
Nathanial Horcock: I'm with you. I'm
Marion Freeman: with you.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: And what you have faith in mechanically doesn't matter in particular.
Nathanial Horcock: Okay. So, basically, it's like in Forbidden Lands, like, what is it? Your pride.
Marion Freeman: Well, look, I mean, the pride's
Nathanial Horcock: got a
Marion Freeman: mechanical effect.
Nathanial Horcock: It does. But yeah. But also pride. If it's not you've got to actually roll the dice and use it.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Well, this 1, you don't have to. You just have to do something in it. So it's more like Yeah. Have you done your thing in accordance with the icons?
Dave (GM): Have you?
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Right. I'm with you.
Marion Freeman: So that's why he's always giving people funerals and shit and and Coriolis.
Nathanial Horcock: Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: And doing death rates and stuff like that because that is part of his faith. Yeah. Which is fine. I'm not saying, you know, but, you know, you do have to think how am I gonna learn experience
Nathanial Horcock: of this.
Marion Freeman: This is why I keep getting myself into being honest and doing the right things in these situations because I'm just trying to do the right thing.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So what do you think is wrong with the way we're doing it at the moment then?
Marion Freeman: Well, I don't to be honest, I think just having no faith to spend on pushing your role may be plenty enough.
Dave (GM): So the only problem with that is then yeah. So I guess, Austin, the only way that the only problem with that is then that you you have no chance of gaining trouble.
Marion Freeman: If you're not pushing.
Dave (GM): Because you never push, which I think was why we then activated the trouble dice.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. But I kinda like so so if you're not pushing, you're just being very careful. Is that okay? I mean, strike speed that we're getting plenty of
Dave (GM): trouble. Anyway.
Marion Freeman: Anyway? Yeah. Do we need any more trouble? I mean, you know, the trouble can be pretty fucking troublesome with your fucking exploding trouble.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Running into
Marion Freeman: proprietary I didn't that didn't explode. It was allowed. I love to actually jump straight at a second time.
Dave (GM): It was the same guy, Rob. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: What am I gonna spend?
Nathanial Horcock: Oh, dear. What's what's that tent which pushes up presents? There's a tent, isn't it?
Dave (GM): Authority.
Nathanial Horcock: Authority. Authority.
Dave (GM): Authority. Your respect, my just But there's also an issue with the the fact is that because you could also use it to buy off the chocolate, which you can go through it really quickly. Yeah. You want for 1 role, basically. Yeah. Yes. I've I've felt that in the games that you've run. Mhmm. And if you then still get no successes, that's like, oh, fuck. I've burned all my faith, and I've got nothing. That's quite an unpleasant kind of zone to put the player in. And the alternative is we we allow more faith or faith to be gained more easily.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. But
Marion Freeman: Yeah. But I still I think I'm now in in mindset. I never spend that last point of faith. Yeah. So, yeah, by all means, have more faith. Let's have 5 points of faith to start a game and have less of a limit. I mean, I don't think we need to worry about limits personally because No. Earning faith Is easy. Isn't easy. And and we spend it as soon as we've earned it.
Dave (GM): It's a little thick. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: And I do I love the way, actually, it is quite easy to earn faith, but it does mean that you're gonna spend the morning before going into a gunfight or law court. That's what we're
Nathanial Horcock: gonna show
Marion Freeman: about next time.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Any kind of conflict. Yeah. Social or otherwise.
Nathanial Horcock: Yes. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yes. Yeah. Yes. Oh god.
Dave (GM): So are we are we saying then that in the current rules, it's too much?
Marion Freeman: Damn it. I should have asked for an extra faith point when I showed my, girlfriend that first time, or indeed any of the other subsequent times. I should have had about
Dave (GM): 20. Once per scenario, mate.
Marion Freeman: Once per scenario. Thank you.
Nathanial Horcock: Well, the only place for whiskey in Caitlin.
Dave (GM): We're not the end beginning of the next scenario. So are we are we saying that I I mean Activating trouble dice on the first roll when you hit 0 face face is too much of a punishment. I And the punishment of not being able to push is is punishment enough.
Marion Freeman: That is my belief. I mean, by all means, talk it, you know Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So
Marion Freeman: But, but I'm
Dave (GM): I'm just I'm just
Marion Freeman: There was a bit where somebody was about go down on to 0, but I actually haven't gone, oh, fuck. That's really annoying. You know? Not not annoying. Like, we're not going to finish the game now.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. Especially it makes sense.
Marion Freeman: You must be really pissed off. I was kind of more no. No. No. No. I can't remember exactly the same. I was annoyed for you that you weren't having fun.
Nathanial Horcock: Oh, yeah.
Marion Freeman: That's a non fun thing. It's not a non fun thing that happened to me because I kept my faith.
Dave (GM): Being on 0 faith and having trouble applying every time you roll. Yeah.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. No. I didn't drop. I don't know if you know. I dropped it. Yeah. I dropped down once. Yeah. The 0. I've got about here. But that was Yeah. Oh, it wasn't no. That's
Dave (GM): Yeah. Maybe. Maybe. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: I I don't know. I mean, may maybe I should be
Nathanial Horcock: But I was lucky then because I because once I dropped out, I didn't have to make any other roles for a few few few more Yeah. And I, so I didn't I didn't suffer. So I
Dave (GM): guess the way where that came from in the first place was from the idea that spending that last point of faith has to be something that you've You've got a big thing that you Yeah. Exactly. You're doing the last resort. You're hanging on the last minute. You've got to succeed in this role or, you know, you lose or everyone dies or whatever.
Nathanial Horcock: Mhmm. And
Dave (GM): it builds loads of drama into that spending that point.
Nathanial Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): But then that does rely upon the game bringing you to that point where you've only got 1 face. Yes. And how often is
Nathanial Horcock: that going to happen?
Dave (GM): Because I guess, otherwise, saying, okay, I'll go down to no face. Mhmm. You know? As if it doesn't,
Nathanial Horcock: you know, it doesn't
Dave (GM): really matter.
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. They're all older, older, older ones. If it keeps, like, I'm bugging.
Dave (GM): And then because you're on no faith, that brings kind of more trouble, literally.
Nathanial Horcock: I don't know. You see it again. I don't it's hard to say you should get faith because of me, I could say, oh, you could say because I got fake my shoot suit. So every time I shoot somebody, I can say, well, I get a fake point for that.
Marion Freeman: Oh, I'll tell you what. What I wanna do is get a point of book learning and lawyer.
Dave (GM): Honest lawyer, dude. Never get anywhere near a court.
Marion Freeman: Lawyer lets you to roll book learning and then add the number of successes to your performing or inside role.
Dave (GM): Oh, right. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: And you know what? I think maybe
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. So it suits your character. Yeah. Yeah. I think I'll go for authority, I think.
Dave (GM): I'm just gonna give you my insight by 1.
Marion Freeman: So, sorry, how how many points do I spend what's the spending for for a new skill or
Dave (GM): 5 for a skill. It's 5. And for lawyer level 1, it'll be 4, if that's what you wanted to do. Yeah.
Nathanial Horcock: And authority is level 1 as well. 4. Yes. Well, yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Because
Dave (GM): I And if you wanted to go level 2 in authority, that's in a duel you use the weight of your authority to get the drop on your enemy, and you can push your presence role once for free in addition to spending faith for a push. Alright. Can you go straight from if you have the XP, can you go straight to from deliver wire? No. I think you have to buy the first 1 first and then But
Marion Freeman: let alone That may be an huge waste of experience, given that I've only got 3 in dose of tea, but I'm going with it.
Dave (GM): What's that, lawyer? Yeah. You've learned from this experience that it's good to know a little bit about what happens in a
Marion Freeman: courtroom. Yeah.
Nathanial Horcock: It's fair enough. So the 4 1 gives you plus 1 of your premises. Yeah. I get that. I don't know if you have a spare. Okay. Fast. Yeah. I'll do. Yeah. Because I must admit when I did try that yeah. That'd give me a presence of 6. That's a bit better. That would have what about reputation after that then?
Dave (GM): I think it fully stays as it is. Because you you basically did all this away from town, so nobody in town knows what you
Nathanial Horcock: troubleshoot is.
Dave (GM): Knows what how it What
Nathanial Horcock: happened here?
Dave (GM): How it panned out?
Nathanial Horcock: Yeah. Just as well. Yeah. So,
Dave (GM): yeah, we've fallen brilliant. Yes.
Nathanial Horcock: It went well. Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Got the outcome we were after. Yeah.
Nathanial Horcock: Almost. Almost.
Marion Freeman: How many years? Do we get a point of fame for being in a public trial?
Nathanial Horcock: What? In the in the part of the What's your fame, boss?
Marion Freeman: My fame is 3 at the moment. I don't know. I'm just Yeah.
Dave (GM): You were star witnesses. Yeah. And Lincoln is the county seat of Lincoln County. So, yeah. Actually, I think that's probably fair.
Marion Freeman: Gain a point of fame each. Okay. I can't give
Dave (GM): you my back.
Nathanial Horcock: Alright. I don't imagine 1 would be modified.
Marion Freeman: Good. I enjoyed that adventure very much.
Dave (GM): Good. Glad you enjoyed it.
Marion Freeman: Tales of the old west is brought to you by Effect. The music is old west game by Stu Venable used with kind permission of the angry folk media empire.