How do brand strategy and marketing come into play in tech startups?
This episode’s guest begs to differ.
● His stepping stone into entrepreneurship as a creative at core
● Why the Amazon FBA model is the easiest to understand and how it gives creative professionals an advantage in the marketplace
● Using his experiences as an Amazon seller to identify problems in the system that he now solves through Glorify
● Patterning Glorify after the Nathan Latka model for having a successful million dollar SaaS company
● How he used the psychology of the buyer and principles of motion picture to help over 15 Amazon businesses reach 7-figure revenues
● Why he believes tech startups should follow the “launch first, brand later” philosophy
● The perfect rebranding case study: Instagram
● His career trajectory, mentors, and heavy influences to his career
● His refine mantra and relentless persistence that keep him going
● Why he doesn’t believe in competition
● How underdogs move faster than slow-moving titans and three examples of startups that achieved massive growth in recent years
● Battling narcissism by valuing emotional intelligence
Mentioned in this episode:
Aaron Draplin: http://draplin.com/
Design Inspiration App Muzli: https://muz.li/
Gary Vee: https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/
Ian Spalter’s Digital Product Design episode on the Netflix Documentary Abstract: The Art of
Nathan Latka: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathanlatka/
Tom Bilyeu’s Impact Theory Podcast: https://impacttheory.com/episodes/
Connect with Omar here:
For more information on Glorify, head on over to these channels:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: “PHILIP50”
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.
What is Brand Design Masters Podcast?
The Brand Design Masters Podcast with Philip VanDusen is dedicated to helping you build the skills you need to design bullet-proof brands - for yourself, your business and for the clients and customers you serve.
In every episode, Philip, his co-hosts and interview guests will share inspiration, ideas, trends and techniques that will lift you to greater heights as a creative professional or entrepreneur - so you can build a successful creative practice, business and personal brand in the Creative Economy.