Isaac: Percival? Coming out from behind the staff, you see Percival Anachronisms.
Rowan: Percival? What?
Isaac: Yeah. That's my
Rowan: name. Oh, hey.
Isaac: Don't say it too much or you might wear it out. Oh, think that's how it goes.
Rowan: How why are you here?
Isaac: What do you mean how am I here? Yeah. How are you here?
Rowan: I I was just thinking
Isaac: How are you here? What? I walked
Rowan: here. Yeah. Okay. Yeah.
Isaac: I walked here too.
Rowan: Okay.
Isaac: It could be that simple.
Rowan: Kinda. Sure.
Isaac: Okay. What are you doing here, kid?
Rowan: What Walking
Isaac: through? Stepping on with your little stompers? Coming into this here sacred ground? Not exactly a grove here. No. It's a little artificial for my tastes. Yeah.
Rowan: But it's natural. Percival, this staff is hurting everybody and I think everyone's gonna die. Yeah? And it is the Droop family motto. A single sacrifice
Isaac: will save many. Okay. Okay. You know, I can see the wisdom in that. I feel like there could be wisdom in that. That sounds like one of Blade's wisdoms, not quite a sage wisdom in my opinion. Oh.
Rowan: Yeah. Alright.
Isaac: Now look look look kid. Let me stop you right here. I gotta I gotta stop you for a second because you said something that is a little worrying to me. Okay?
Rowan: Okay.
Isaac: It sounds like, and I could be implying things, I could be assuming. No. And you don't wanna be assuming, you know what that says?
Rowan: It makes it ass out of you.
Isaac: That's right. You're big old asshole. So here's the problem. I just got a problem with your plan here. Okay. It sounds like you wanna touch the staff.
Rowan: Right.
Isaac: Right? You wanna touch the staff. You see the staff is currently in search of a what we would like to call a deific emulate and we can't have that happen. I can't get you I can't let you get emulated. What
Rowan: what what an emulate?
Isaac: What does Oh, that well, okay. Well, so you you have seen one of these before. Uh-huh. I believe. Right? Okay. You went under a place and there was a big cavern and then this thing was took up and then there was someone right next
Rowan: to it. Right? Uh-huh.
Isaac: K. That individual was immolated with the divine power in order for them to get their wishes granted basically. Not exactly wish granted. It's not like a genie. Right? I'm not popping out of a lamp. I'm not drenched head to toe in oil. Though, I bet I would look good if I was.
Rowan: Okay. Am I gonna die if I touch the sting?
Isaac: Well, no. But, you would regret it. You would regret it a lot. I can't have you touching the staff. There's exactly two well, there's exactly there's exactly four people in this room and I can't have touching the staff. Alright? Okay. Use one of them.
Rowan: Who are the other four?
Isaac: Glad to worry about that. What you need to worry about is that you can't touch the staff. Okay?
Rowan: Why not me?
Isaac: You're dodo born. Alright?
Rowan: Okay. But You touch
Isaac: the staff.
Rowan: But what does that mean?
Isaac: That means you can't touch the staff. That means don't touch the staff.
Rowan: Okay. Okay. Percival, level b. Okay. What does Dodo board mean?
Isaac: Oh, my. Do I have to spell out everything for you? Yes. Oh, my. Well, look. My the first thing that I said to you, which I don't think it was the exact first thing, but it's one of the first things I said to you is that you gotta do your own detective work. There's a lot happening here that I can tell you're confused. You're not hearing me.
Rowan: Okay.
Isaac: You're a dodo boy.
Rowan: Yes.
Isaac: Alright? That means that you have been chosen by the very threads of fate and yada yada yada. Don't touch the staff. Oh. Because if you touch the staff Uh-huh. That would mean that things that have been in the works for a long long time could be potentially upended and that would ruin my day. Here's what I want you to do. I want you you see at the part you see look look to your left. Look on the ground to your left.
Rowan: To my left.
Isaac: Okay. You see that black puddle on the ground that's been growing this whole time?
Rowan: Yep.
Isaac: The best thing that you can do for
Rowan: me Mhmm.
Isaac: Is you can let that black puddle get close enough to the staff so that the staff touches that black puddle.
Rowan: Why?
Isaac: You don't need to worry about the whys, you just need to worry about the fact that that's what I want and I don't want you touching the staff. And if you do try and touch the staff, I will make sure that you regret it greatly.
Rowan: Pistachio like head in their hands
Isaac: Yeah. Yeah.
Rowan: And just like massages right under their horns.
Isaac: Would you like to make a kind of instinct or knowledge
Rowan: Yeah. Checker? I'm not sure if Pistachio Trust is Yeah. Percival at all. That's fantastic. Yo. You said instinct. Right?
Isaac: I sure did. Or I said knowledge.
Rowan: I'm going I'm not gonna use my hope for this. It is with hope.
Isaac: Oh, boy.
Rowan: And it is a nine with hope. Pistachio is very confused.
Isaac: You are looking at this guy with that look of confusion. He has said so much to you, so much of it doesn't make any sense, And he is looking back at you with just an unreadable expression of a smile on your face. And he says, I see what's confusing you here. You're confused why I'm here. Okay. Okay. See, you heard me say that I'm the caretaker of the Sage's Grove and you assumed, which we remember what we talked about earlier, that makes you a big poopy asshole, that that's just all I am. I'm just the Sage's Grove tender. Now and that's funny because you've said things about yourself that doesn't take up the totality of who you are. Right? Your oh, your name is Pistachio, and that's the only thing that's true about you. I'm not just the tender of the Sage's Grove. I'm not just the caretaker of the Sage's Grove. I can't even get to the Sage's Grove no more. So, just understand, don't worry about how I'm here. Just know that where there are places of power and sacred grounds, I am there. That's how you can think about it.
Rowan: Okay. Great. Great talk. Goodbye. And they're gonna like turn around and look back out to Cappy and figure out How far away from Cappy are they? They're like, I guess they're on the opposite side. Right?
Isaac: Yeah. So Cappy is frozen. He's on the other side of Major Balthazar. And I have a question for you right now to help me translate it. Mhmm. Is your intention to walk away from the staff and not touch it?
Rowan: Pistachio is very confused and they want to be able to talk to Cappy about it because they don't trust themselves. Because every decision up to this point has been inconclusive and wrong and has caused more drama. So they are just confused. So I think their intention at this point is to get by time. So I think they're going to say, is this still think that I could, like, pause for, like, two seconds? Can I phone a friend? First of all, can you can you phone Cappy in?
Isaac: Well, the funny thing about that, because clearly we haven't been paying attention to the things that I have been saying Mhmm. Is that this here sacred ground that I'm standing on, though it be artificial and quite clever if I must say so, because we're not even over a Novocite vein, but here I am standing on Novocite. Crazy stuff. You're here in the sacred ground which means that I am talking to you at an incredibly quick rate in your mind. So, you know, think of it like none of this is real. So time is frozen for you, but time is still moving forward. So if you wanna have a fuller conversation, you gotta bring your buddy boy, you gotta bring your little your little cowboy over there, your little ocean man. You bring you bring ocean man into this circle and then we can talk. Okay. Bye. And then suddenly, your back, your foot just about to put more weight on it to step forward in the circle and you feel yourself pushed back a little bit. Cappy, you just watched Pistachio turn to the circle and, like, bump into it like it there's like a hard barrier
Joe: What are you doing?
Rowan: Percival's in there.
Joe: The gnome?
Rowan: Yeah.
Joe: We don't have time for this pistachio.
Rowan: Okay. He said don't touch the staff. He says let the ooze touch the
Joe: don't touch the staff.
Rowan: Said let the ooze touch the staff. I don't think that's a good idea either.
Joe: And I think that's when Cappy notices the ooze. Yeah. And he flashes back to his dream in the hospital with the ooze that was getting those faceless figures Yes. That actually turned out to be Caleb and senator.
Isaac: Prince. Do we flash back to that moment?
Joe: Sure. Yes.
Isaac: Cappy, who is standing in the middle of a puddle of ooze? What does this individual look like?
Joe: If I say a Simiya, are you gonna kill me?
Isaac: Not at all. Not at all.
Rowan: Hell yes.
Joe: If I make him red, are you
Isaac: gonna kill me? Yes. Do it.
Rowan: Do it. Do it. Do it.
Joe: So it's a red simia and he is big and he is built and he has just a gnarly scar through his eye.
Rowan: What a that just made Isaac super happy.
Isaac: It's raining. It's dark, storming. You have been thrown away from the bank where this individual stands. The strange oiling bubbling ooze bubbling up near his feet. You see that as we established earlier, Caleb, the other front liner with you who has turned around to see you flown back. You see that senator Prunes kinda just next to you from where you've been thrown back holding his weapon is looking worried. And you see Callie is really the only one holding any kind of ground. She's blasting magic. The thing that you recognize Cappy and something that is likely a secret just between the two of you is you see her magic is getting unstable. You hear this booming voice almost just ecstatic and says, I always wondered how my brother's little whelps were gonna do in combat. What a fun diversion. Didn't expect a little recon would have so much fun. Come on, is that all you have? He spins this enormous spear, what looks like it would be loaded into a ballista and fired in many, many miles away. He is holding in one hand like it is nothing. This magic flying towards him, he is dinking it away with the spear. Just come on. Is this little sorceress the only one of you with any guile?
Joe: No. No. And Cappy like stands up and he his he holds his hands out and his ring glows red and the blades and he throws them and they just bing bing bing bounce right off of him. Just
Isaac: You gotta learn to aim, little one. You learn to aim, aim at something that looks weak. I know it's hard to see on me. You see that Callie is firing and eventually her hands glow really bright. And what do you see change in Callie's demeanor as her magic nearly explodes out?
Joe: Yeah. She's like looking at it and almost like she's trying to pull her hands away from it, but they're stuck outwards doing that energy.
Isaac: Yeah. Her hands are stuck in front of her. Mhmm. You can see it building and building in her hands and it glows this incredibly bright rainbow prismatic color. This individual just kinda looks in interest at it. Go on. Hit me with all you have. And Callie looks at you for a second and says, I don't think I can control it. I don't think I can control it.
Joe: Cappy just He tries to like grab her and pull her down but it
Isaac: Cappy, you move to grab onto her and just as you do, you see something else lunging towards her. This creature, the same black inky ooze is leaping out towards her attempting to strike. Its form unable to be understood whether it's a creature, whether it's humanoid, you're not sure, but it is lashing out towards her and as you are moving in there, you get in front of it, you feel a sharp sting in your shoulder and you hear a gasp from Callie as the magic strikes, shoots out suddenly into this nasty creature and an explosion of chromatic rainbow colors just in all directions goes off like a bomb, sending you and her back, incinerating this creature and any others that were around it. You're kind of coming in and out, your ears are ringing real bad, and all you can see is one more of those inky black monsters shuffling, seemingly wounded, shuffling towards the two of you. And as it rears up a hand to strike down on you, there's a flash of a blade and a shing as that simia cleaves this thing in half, kicks it away with his boot and looks down at the two of you. A kind of somber look in his eyes, he simply shakes his head and says, damn shame. Maybe one day. And he leaves, pulls out a small device from his pocket, vanishes, A puff of magical smoke and he is gone. And all that is left is Callie's light sobs.
Joe: And Cappy holding her hand because that was what he reached to pull back.
Isaac: Oh. My god. That bubbling ooze that you see around the edge of the circle moving slowly towards this staff is the same bubbling ooze that seeped up through the ground all those years ago.
Rowan: Keppy, what do we do? Do we listen to it? Will we stop it? Do we take it? What do we need?
Joe: I don't I I I don't know, Pistachio. I don't know. I I could grab the sword. I could try to stab the black ooze. We could grab this spear. What are I this is not what? I don't have training for this. We don't have training for this.
Rowan: Then we've gotta do the best that we've gotta do the best that we can.
Joe: And Cappy's gonna try to pull the sword out.
Rowan: And I think seeing that Pistachio will go in to try and pull the staff.
Joe: Feels like maybe the two worst decisions.
Rowan: Potentially. You I don't know. Isaac is fix pumping.
Isaac: Man. I am fix pumping.
Joe: Yeah. Was gonna say what's a fix?
Rowan: Fix pumping.
Isaac: I'm fix pumping.
Rowan: Fix pumping. You
Isaac: we'll start with you, Gappy. You and Pistachio are having this conversation. Chaos is all around. The fight in the corner seems to be going in father Charles's direction. You hear Ingeborg back there just slicing through people. The magic that Callie is shooting out, pinging the noise through this room. As Major Balthazar is reaching down trying to pull these vines off of the tree, we kick him off, he's stuck. You turn and you run and you grab on to the sword.
Joe: Mhmm. And?
Isaac: Can I have you Yeah? Make a strength check for me?
Joe: Oh, that's weird. You pronounced presence or finesse wrong.
Isaac: This one is strength.
Joe: Oh, okay. Strength is a plus zero.
Isaac: Oh. Please
Joe: for love, Is there is this a like Cyrus like Cappy moment?
Rowan: Alright.
Isaac: You know, if you can sell it to me.
Joe: No. You know it's fine. Okay. 11 with fear.
Isaac: Can we grab onto the sword and couple things become very true to you, first and foremost. Like one of those videos that just fast forwards, you see images of battles, hard fought, of powerful individuals wielding this sword, enacting violence upon the world, and it rejects you. You are not strong enough to hold this thing, and your hands dang off of it. You see that Crank looks at you, and kinda shakes his head and says, you're gonna have to win a couple more battles, Cappy, before you can hold that. Though, if you're trying to undo this, you could probably go after that circle. Maybe break up some of that novocite, maybe move the body off of it, but I wouldn't touch this sword. And you see Pleiades kind of punches him in the arm and says, Adrian, why are you we don't want this to fail. Adrian says, Pleiades, this is already going to be a failure. Trust me. Unfortunately for you, the Imolate you're talking about was not the most recent user of the staff and so, though it might be sparking as it is, this whole increase of its energy via blood of a relative of the immolate is unfortunately not going to work and you see that Pleiades just kind of snaps his fingers and said, oh my god. I knew it wouldn't be this easy. I told him we needed more testing. You'd think they would have learned their lesson of being reckless with these things after their previous little scientist tore each other apart over it. Oh, this is why I hate working for the military, Adrian. This is why I was annoyed that you left to go to Leo R and Ds because they just want results and they're not willing to put in the time and patience. These things take precision especially when dealing with enough power to level a whole city. Pistachio, you are leaping for
Rowan: it. Mhmm.
Isaac: I think that you kinda jump over the circle a bit to kinda go for it. And just as you're about to grab onto it, Time slows for
Rowan: you? Well,
Isaac: well, well. Bad decision after another, are we? My little seder friend, you are no good. So quick question for you, Pistachio. And I know the answer to this, but I'm just curious, who in this room do you care about most?
Rowan: Why?
Isaac: I think you know why. I can't let you touch this staff. You're daughter born, can't let it happen. And I kinda had a toss-up between who I thought was the most important person to you here. But, you know, it was kinda easy because I figured they look exactly like you and you were really concerned when they went down, so
Rowan: Well, of course, Percival. Quackers is my most important and first and best friend. The one up there and they point at the the vent.
Isaac: Pistachio, I've just come to you in a place that is quite possibly the last place you expected me to be. Do you think I'm a fool? I am older, more powerful than you could ever imagine. And though this ground be artificial, this is still in worship to me. And you see with this big smile that he has on, you hear a snap of fingers and your hand touches not a staff but another hand. As you see that as the weird humming that was in the air of all of this ceases as Hazel grabs onto this staff. And as you realize this pistachio, I wanna ask you, Rowan, What do you think Hazel would have wanted most?
Rowan: Hazel would have wanted to be a doctor. She wanted to want him to be an equal to father Charles, a nun of some sort, a traveling priest as soon as she learned how to do it.
Joe: She would have wanted to be free.
Rowan: She would have wanted to be free.
Isaac: That's a beautiful answer because as she grabs onto the staff, there is a beat of silence of nothing but the footsteps of father Charles running over and a beam of light shoots up into the ceiling, into the sky and Hazel's holding on to it. Her eyes begins to glow the same kind of jade green that makes up the staff. You see that her holy symbol is shaking back and forth and as you are standing there surprised at this happening, you get almost shoved out of the way as father Charles kneels down next to her with his holy symbol and says, say the words. Say the words Hazel. Say the words. His eyes are panicking a little bit and he looks like this isn't the first time he's seen this. She in a language that you haven't heard before, weekly says something that almost comes out as a staticky whisper to you, Pistachio, and to you, Cappy. As though the words almost get edited out of your mind. And everything stops as the staff kind of falls limply in her hands in father Charles's arms. You see that the black ooze that's in that corner there begins to seep away as though a drain is opened. You hear the fighting from beyond in the doorway continues. You hear major Balthasar yelling, no. No. This is not how I was supposed to go. My fire at the sky. And you see Pleiades kind of throws up his hands and says, well, that's even worse. Well, I guess we're down a relic now. And he looks over at Adrian and says, say, you know, we could use someone of your talents, Adrian. Cappy, as you are standing there, the sword just having rebuffed you, you see Hazel lying on the ground, you see Pistachio standing over her. Crank.
Joe: Crank, I know you're you're I know you're in there.
Isaac: What? Crank, let Crank is not
Joe: Let him out. Let him out.
Isaac: No. I'm not going to do that.
Joe: His his friend their friend needs him. Their friend needs him. You have to let him out. Let him out.
Isaac: Gabby, I understand this is gonna be hard.
Joe: Craig, please. Can't be there for them.
Isaac: You have to. I can't. You have You see that Adrian puts his hands on you, Cappy, and says, you need to seriously stop having people try and fix your own problems. Go talk to your friend. He kinda pushes you.
Joe: Yeah. Cappy like falls back. Okay, Crank.
Rowan: What's going
Joe: Or Adrian.
Isaac: Thank you. My name is Adrian.
Joe: Yeah. Crank wouldn't do that.
Isaac: Crank is gone.
Joe: Good for you.
Isaac: Thank you. I worked quite hard for this moment.
Joe: And Cappy will turn around and I think just take a moment to see Pistachio.
Rowan: Pistachio has has their hands across like Hazel's hands to try and like heal them. They're using, I know it's not gonna work, but I'm they're gonna use their last three hope to try and regenerate and help Hazel stabilize her or something.
Isaac: You cast the spell and you see that Hazel's wounds that she took from Major Balthazar earlier begin to heal up. You see that her hand is still clutching it and she's still out and you see father Charles sort of muttering a little bit under his breath and he puts a hand on your shoulder and says, Pistachio she's gonna be okay. She's gonna be okay but it's going to take some time, okay? What happened? What what happened Charles? I I thought I was gonna what happened to her? What's gonna happen to her? So she touched the staff while it was searching for a divine immolate. Okay. That means that it is someone that is going to come it means that she has bound her anima, her soul to this. Unfortunately, that means that she's now bound to this. The fortunate thing is is that Hazel did have a good heart and I have a feeling that we will be able to work with this.
Rowan: Okay.
Isaac: She spoke the oath, she spoke the words. Mhmm. But we're gonna have to leave for a little while. Okay? I need to take her somewhere where I can fully help her Okay. And bring her back. Okay? Okay. But she's she's she'll be okay.
Rowan: Why couldn't I touch it?
Isaac: I I'm gonna be honest, Bastatio. I was a little focused. I didn't see what happened.
Rowan: Charles. Percival. Percival was in there.
Isaac: I don't know who Percival is.
Rowan: Percival is the nob. Remember, he told married by fate, all that good stuff. He told me I couldn't touch it because I was the dodo board and he moved her in my place.
Isaac: What? He did that?
Rowan: He moved her in my place.
Isaac: Did Did he say anything? Did he
Rowan: say anything? He said it was my domain and he could do whatever he want in his domain.
Isaac: As his eyes go wide and he's about to say something, you hear the sound of ripping vines as this moment of emotion has taken your attention off of major Balthazar, and I'm going to spend a fear, and he is going to charge at you, Pistachio, and yell, all my work and my plans, the strings I pulled, the sacrifices I made. War is nothing new to this land. You think that I'll let you stop me? My honor
Joe: in ruins. Can I do anything?
Isaac: Yeah. You can. You can try and do something. He's gonna charge.
Joe: Yeah. I wanna get in the way.
Isaac: You wanna get in the way?
Joe: Also, pause. What's Yuri doing?
Isaac: Oh, yeah. Good question. You see that Yuri is standing to the side, her blade is sheathed and her arms crossed. She pretty much let Charles go. She didn't like take an attack on him as he ran over to tend to Hazel. You see that she's sort of shaking her head. A look that kind of says, damn, what a shame on it.
Joe: Okay. I wanna try to stop Major Balthazar.
Isaac: Do it.
Joe: 19 with Oh my god. It is with fear.
Isaac: That will hit?
Joe: Okay. I'm gonna use my war scythe to like reach out and grab his foot and just pull it up so it like trips him.
Isaac: Nice. You take his whole foot off. No. And
Joe: We'll see about the damage but yeah, I'm hoping.
Isaac: Are you gonna roll more than a one?
Joe: Yes.
Isaac: Then you will defeat Major Balthazar.
Rowan: Yay. Yay, Keppy. Your first kill. Right?
Joe: Yeah. Yay. 19.
Rowan: 19 damage.
Isaac: So I have a question. You have brought Major Bowser down to zero HP. Mhmm. What do you do?
Joe: So I trip him first and he falls.
Isaac: He falls. His foot goes one way, the rest of his body goes another as he screams out in pain.
Joe: Yeah. And I I think Cappy just looks at him cruelly and thinks about how he was about to go for pistachio and thinks about the conversation him and Crank just had and just without even any words just slices down in all yeah. You don't see exactly how but
Isaac: We see a shadow. Yeah. Yeah. We see the shadow on the back wall of just coming down. Yeah. And major Balthazar breathes his last cruel breath. On that fear you hear behind you, ghastly business all this, I was could never be an adventurer. You said you had a place to go Pleiades and you hear Pleiades say, yes, a laboratory where I do work, I think you'd be welcome there. As you turn around to hear this conversation, you see that Pleiades, the two black clad individuals and Adrian. He opens up his torso and pulls out the first edition basic book of magic. He looks at it, takes me back. Here, a little something to remember your friend by and he plonks it on a nearby table. Thank you so much again for all of your help in keeping my vessel safe, truly do appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. I do hope we never meet again. You see that with one last look of less emotion in his face than Crank ever had. They vanish.
Joe: And I look up at the vent.
Isaac: You do? Yeah. You see the vent, the person is not there anymore. You also look over and you see Cerulean by the bagged and tied individual. And Cerulean has just kind of been trying to like work at the binds this whole time and it's like trying to do it. It's like, I
Joe: can't get it off. I can't get it off.
Isaac: Father Charles, was was that Sage? What?
Rowan: Percival.
Isaac: No. The nine gods are up in their heavens. That was likely something much worse. He picks up Hazel and says, I need to go. We'll meet again, but I need to take her. K. You'll see her you'll see her sister again. Okay. I trust you. I trust you father, Charles.
Rowan: Do not make me regret that.
Isaac: And he turns and takes off through the hallway that is now quiet and covered in blood and visceraizing. Goborg has done her business.
Joe: You hear and I just used my war scythe to cut open the binds that have that individual in the chair.
Isaac: Nice. You see Cerulean kind of just like, Clover, is that you? And they're sort of shaking them. This person kinda slumps forward and just kinda groans a little bit. And you hear a shink as the red sword that was stuck into the side of it is yoinked out of the stone as Yuri stands in front of you, cappy, and says oh, you had me worried there for a second because I saw you grabbed my sword. That would've been really bad for you, but I think you need to win a couple more battles first. But good job.
Joe: What do you want?
Isaac: What does anyone want? Power. When you're the strongest, no one can hurt you. That simple, really? Look, for what it's worth, I'm sorry about what happened to your friend. I figured the silly little major would at least stop anyone from touching the thing, but you have my condolences.
Joe: Thanks.
Isaac: She kinda reaches out and like pats her shoulder and says, hopefully, meet again someday. Yeah. And she turns and just starts walking out.
Joe: I wanna pull off the bag off.
Rowan: I think Pistachio has like collected themselves enough that they're like up towards you guys.
Isaac: What did I miss?
Rowan: Is this Clover?
Isaac: You see Clover of Towers and I want you to imagine if you know Emma D'Arcy, that kind of like, basically
Rowan: The hottest person
Isaac: ever. The hottest like androgynous person. Just like everyone can look at them and be attracted to them. They are a green furbolg. They have those features. They're wearing like a shirt, like a button down shirt and just the button down shirt on their torso. So like you can see like just the middle of their whole torso and chest. They look good. And they're kinda looking and they're kinda bedraggled. They're like, what's hap what's happening? I don't under These cerulean's just, Clover, I'm so glad we found you. This is great. This is wonderful. I can take you back to Polaris.
Joe: Okay. Okay. Hey buddy. Cerulean, hey. Hey buddy. Let's let's give him let's let's get him back up and running and then we'll we'll give him the rundown. But
Isaac: Yeah. We should get him up and running and appearing out of invisibility is our masked friend. Thank you so much everybody. That is my asset. That is Clover of Towers. So I'm going to be taking them with me.
Rowan: Who are who the fuck are you?
Joe: We're actually hey, actually, we're not gonna do this. I don't know. I I I know you were watching. Yeah. I saw you up there.
Isaac: Yeah. Right? I was waiting for my moment.
Joe: Yeah. Okay. Listen. I don't so clearly, you saw all the other things happen.
Isaac: Yeah.
Joe: Right? Clearly, we are not having a good day. Right. I am trying to be cool with you, man. Level with you. Listen. But I you saw me just get my first kill.
Isaac: That was really your
Joe: first Wanna make it my
Isaac: second? Oh, congratulations. I see what you Look. Yeah. Are you really gonna stand against me right now?
Joe: Yes.
Isaac: Are you really gonna keep fighting? Yes.
Rowan: What? Again, Renee, you are you the Spectre that I keep hearing things about?
Isaac: He strikes a pose and says, yes, I'm the Spectre.
Joe: Holy shit.
Rowan: The Spectre. Here's the thing. My sister just got a piece of divinity stuck in her fucking body and I am this close.
Isaac: Woah. Okay.
Rowan: This close to tearing somebody's throat out. So how about you just
Joe: I can only help you so much, man.
Isaac: Can we just You're gonna pick the nerd over me.
Rowan: Can we just
Isaac: You're gonna pick the you're gonna give the asset to that tiny Luna nerd
Joe: over me. Yes. Listen.
Isaac: And he's He'd be willing
Joe: to just fight Listen. Please don't make me stick Pistachio on you. Okay?
Isaac: Don't make me. It's been a
Joe: long day. Pistachio didn't even get to really kill anyone with flesh. That's and that's hard for Pistachio. Pistachio, like, usually has to get so many flesh kills a season.
Rowan: Yeah. Yeah. I haven't even killed anybody yet. Look, Spectre, how about how about we wait until Clover wakes up and is more Sorry. Clover, hi. Hi. Hold on. Hi. Positive. Hi. Hi.
Isaac: By the gods, my head hurts.
Rowan: Oh.
Isaac: Hi. Hi.
Rowan: Pistachio. Hi. We're here to say to save you.
Joe: Are you okay? I feel
Isaac: so saved. This cute little fawn in front of me, Tanya.
Rowan: Oh, cute.
Joe: What is happening? You realize you're about to get kidnapped.
Isaac: Oh, I've already been kidnapped.
Rowan: Oh, really?
Isaac: I'm gonna get kidnapped again?
Joe: Aren't you like supposed to get married?
Isaac: Oh, that's right. Oh, is one of you is one of you inspected No. You you mean enchanted caliche? You mean enchanted And Clover says, oh, that's right. Yeah. That's right. Look, I've had a I've had a long day. I've been inside a cell for multiple weeks and my legs hurt so bad.
Rowan: Oh, But
Isaac: like, I would really love They're just some hot coffee.
Joe: What is
Isaac: I Just a
Rowan: I I have a great place for coffee, actually. Would you like a ride? What kind of animal is your favorite animal?
Isaac: You said Did you say that?
Joe: It's like a balloon animal. It's like you're like a magician all of
Rowan: sudden. Like, what kind of animal is your favorite animal?
Isaac: You see cerulean cuts you a look of pure jealousy and says, well, unfortunately, Pistachio, Clover has to come with me back to Polaris because we have to go get married. Pistachio.
Rowan: Clover is their own.
Joe: That's the job.
Rowan: Can we not at least get Clover a little bit of coffee?
Isaac: Alright. We can get them some coffee, then we really have to go to Polaris.
Joe: So are we just ignoring mask guy at this point?
Rowan: Oh, yes. Spectre, where where did you wanna take Clover?
Isaac: His arms are crossed and he's tapping his foot really impatiently.
Joe: Yeah. I think we're kinda done with your thing,
Isaac: You know what? I respect it. He points at you, Cappy. He says, I respect it. You've really changed, Capiche. I'm gonna
Rowan: Sorry.
Isaac: The Hold job the listen. I didn't like the fact that this turns out to be person.
Rowan: Call me? Capiche? Is that another terrible name?
Isaac: Sorry. We I don't yeah. We've never met before. I don't know you. It turns out that Clover of Towers is a person and not just an asset, so I feel lied to. So I'm gonna go ahead and just call this one a wash. So good job everybody. And hey, listen, if you're ever in Regulus Okay. I'll find you. We'll hang out.
Joe: Goodbye. Staring like daggers at the
Rowan: Do you have a name other than Spectre that we could call you?
Isaac: No. And he throws a smoke bomb on the ground. And one last look towards you, Cappy. I swear you can see eyes behind that mask. But for that split most second, that old nickname you haven't heard since you were so very young ringing in your head. He drops that smoke bomb and vanishes.
Rowan: So, right. Clover, you never answered my question. What is your favorite animal?
Isaac: Wow. Really like kittens.
Rowan: A kitten.
Isaac: Really love kittens.
Rowan: A kitten.
Isaac: The softer the better.
Rowan: Oh, that was not what I was going for, but alright. Sure. Pistachio's gonna use his dress.
Joe: Yeah. Use his dress.
Rowan: To turn into a kitten. A dodo kitten.
Isaac: A dodo. I want you to describe this dodo kitten for us.
Rowan: It's adorable. It's really really cute. It just has a little tiny dodo nose where it would have like a regular nose. Like it's more kitten than dodo. And it's got like a little bit of fur or like feathers instead of fur. So it's very, very soft. Big old ears, tiny little like almost like an owlbear cub, but like kitten dodo.
Isaac: That's so cute. You see the clover who Cappy has freed from their bandages just reaches down and picks you up and like snuggles you a little bit and says, this is just the cutest little kitten bird I've ever seen.
Rowan: In their brain, they're like, I am enjoying this in a way that I didn't do I wanna be them or do I wanna
Isaac: Listen little dog okay. You've had a hard day. I've heard a lot from my little bag here. You know I think you know what we can spend some time together and just forget all our problems.
Rowan: Yeah. But you don't.
Joe: Okay.
Isaac: Great. The way to the coffee. Yeah. Yeah. And they take a step forward and haven't walked in so long that they immediately fall to the ground. Oh, no. You don't get crushed though. Don't But they fall to the ground and say, ah. Oh, my knees. Ah.
Rowan: I think they'll take another stress to turn in on a giant version of a dodo kitten so that they can ride. On.
Isaac: They happily do so. They leap on your back and squeeze you with their thighs just to hold on and
Rowan: Pistachio's brain has turned off.
Isaac: Pistachio, you start walking out the hallway and as you get to the hallway, you see the Ingeborg is gone. And that Callie is just sort of standing. She's sort of holding her left arm, which you would know, Cappy. She's probably feeling some strong, like, pins and needles tingling in her hands. Mhmm. Which you remember whenever she used a lot of magic would be a that's sort of how she would feel when she's holding her arms just to sort of sort of massages that out and she looks back at all of you and then just kind of sighs
Rowan: and
Isaac: kind of looks away and says She she finished up and we said goodbye and she left.
Joe: Are you gonna see her again?
Isaac: I I don't know. I saw saw father Charles running away with Hazel. Is she okay?
Joe: He said she will be. That's good.
Isaac: Yeah. Where did where did Craig go? Your friend.
Joe: Yeah. He's gone too.
Isaac: She looks at you for what feels like a long time. You see a tear sort of starting to well up in the corner of her eye as once again you have a moment where people dear to you are gone.
Joe: Mhmm. Yeah. I think Cappy hugs her.
Isaac: Aw. She kinda melts in your arms and just cries.
Joe: Yeah. I think Cappy tries really hard for people not to see that he's crying too.
Rowan: Aw. Yeah. Dodo cat will nuzzle both of you guys to just like show they're also solidarity and will be openly weeping as well.
Joe: Good dodo cat.
Rowan: Meow, Squawk.
Joe: Wow. I could use a coffee and a fritter.
Isaac: Think we can do that? Me too, Cicerulean. Yeah.
Joe: Come on you little nerd.
Rowan: Cicerulean. Oh, and also,
Isaac: I guess we need Squackers back too,
Joe: Yeah. Where is
Isaac: he? You see that Edmunds Eshthon is cowering in a corner, his eyes wide, pressed up against the corner, unsure of what's gonna happen. You see that his he kinda like he starts coughing. You see a couple feathers pop out, and he, like, opens his mouth up and you see a little duck head kinda pop out. And you see that Quackers just kind of worms his way out. He's like a worm duck out of Edmund Zechtaun's mouth and plops on the ground and then into a duck. And Edmund Zechtaun, his eyes roll in the back of his head and he passes out. Quack. Good boy. Quackers begins to walk and waddle towards all of you. And as the group of you leave this warehouse basement, that is where we will end this season of Dodoborn, season two. Well, everybody, thank you so much for listening. Season two finished up. Yeah. Did it a little different this time. And I'm gonna go pass out in a ditch somewhere. And from me to you to yours, squawk on three. One, two, three. Squawk. Hey, everybody. It's me hiding in a closet from my cat on a bad mic. Wow. What a finale, everybody. That puts us in the books for season two of Dodo Born. We are gonna be taking just so y'all are aware, just so y'all stay up to date, we are gonna be taking a break after this season so that we can prepare for the future. Really been pushing hard at the start of this brand new year 2026 in order to finish this up. Thank you all so much everybody for listening. All the support that we get through the comments on both YouTube and on Spotify really make our day, really encourage us. So if you haven't yet, I would highly recommend that we would love it if you went and gave us a five star review on Spotify or on Apple Podcasts, wherever you get your podcast. They really do go a long way. We read every single one and they make us smile so much. So good to know that people are loving what we're making. And, also, if you haven't yet, go ahead and join the Discord. Link is in the description below. Myself and Rowan especially are always in there chatting with the people. You hang out with fellow fans. We got a lot of cool people in there, and some of those cool people include the people that I'm about to shout out here. That's right. It's time to shout out our some of our biggest supporters, the bag of gold tier, starting with Josh's seven zero eight, Muscles Dynamite, Tabletop Optimist, Maria w, thirty bird, BDS at dorkmaster, Kola Cago. I, Isaac Allen Burns, promise Zorak that I'll play Kingdom Hearts in quotations. That's me quoting something. That's not me saying anything because Kingdom Hearts feels like just an enormous thing to try and get into. We'll see. You know, that's what we'll see. We'll find out. Anyhoo, Jacob r Hedwin, Batty Bright. Minor thoughts, Darcy r, assistant to the CEO, Kurt Wilde, Niklas w, Condor Blue, World of Gariva, and last but certainly not least is Emma. Shout out to Emma for giving Joe the dice that crit on my ass so much in that finale. My goodness. Oh, but this has been a real exciting time, everybody. Thank you so much. As a brief look into the future, before we get into season three, we're gonna take a maybe a little side step into an extended d sides because we have some exciting folks who have stepped in and are going to be Dodo born crew. We're really excited to have them on. Can't wait for you to meet them. They're incredible and awesome and we love them so much. We'll probably also be branching out into a couple other systems. There's a couple of systems that we wanna try that we might have maybe we'll call it d sides, maybe we'll call it different. Who knows yet? But we'll be doing something in a couple other systems, particularly right off the top of my head. The ones we wanna do is one little thing in Midnight Muscadine and a personal favorite of mine. We wanna do a little thing in Fabula Ultima. For those who haven't heard of those, go check those out. Those are a lot of fun. And, you know, we got plans. We got plans in the works. Don't you worry. We got stuff that we are so happy to get to. We are just gonna take a quick break in March just to refuel, recharge, and get ready to hit the ground running. Thank you all again so much from me, your GM, Isaac Allen Burns. Squawk you later.