A brief, concise history of China from the late 1800s to 1949.
- Qing Dynasty
- Opium Wars / Relationships with Western nations in late 1800s-early 1900s
- Sino-Japanese Wars
- Establishment of ROC (Republic of China), Sun Yat-sen, Nationalist Party, Chiang Kai-shek
- WWI, Warlord Era, WWII
- Rise of CCP (Chinese Communist Party) Mao Zedong, Long March
- Civil War between Nationalist & Communists
- Nationalists leave for Taiwan
- PRC (People’s Republic of China) born, 1949
What is Wiser World?
Did you forget everything from your world history class, and now feel lost when world topics come up in current events? Designed for busy people who forgot and need a quick refresh, Wiser World takes world history and makes it approachable and concise.
Here we explore different regions of the world, giving you the facts and context you need to think historically when considering current events. The goal? Re-build your foundation of world knowledge so you can be a more informed and confident critical thinker when it comes to foreign affairs.