In the early hours of November 5th, 1605, a man was found in a cellar under The Houses of Parliament. He was moments away from blowing everything up, killing the King, and changing the course of British history forever.
Today we tell the story of Guy Fawkes, and how we went from religious terrorist to anti-establishment icon.
Full transcript, key vocabulary, and bonus episodes available on www.leonardoenglish.com
- November 5th celebrations in the UK
- The persecution of Catholics in Britain
- The plan to blow up parliament
- The anonymous letter
- Who really was Guy Fawkes?
- The execution of Guy Fawkes
- Was it all a conspiracy?
- Impact on the English language
- Weird Guy Fawkes traditions
- Guy Fawkes in popular culture
Full transcript and key vocabulary available on the website www.leonardoenglish.com/podcasts/guy-fawkes
- Join the Learn English with Podcasts community: www.facebook.com/groups/learnenglishwithpodcasts
What is English Learning for Curious Minds?
Are you looking for a more interesting way to to learn English?
English Learning for Curious Minds is where you can learn English from native speakers while learning fascinating things about the world.
Every episode comes with a transcript & key vocabulary and is spoken at a speed you can understand.
Join listeners from 155 countries and discover the most interesting way to improve your English while expanding your mind.
Find the bonus episodes, transcripts, key vocabulary, and learning materials at www.leonardoenglish.com