This week an Albertan politician takes accountability for what they say confirming that 2020 is not real and something is broken in the matrix. Plus we talk to Brooks mayor and AUMA president Barry Morishita about the UCP's proposed changes to the Local Authorities Election Act
- Kenney pushes Edmonton as NHL hub with video showing off Alberta’s Rocky Mountains
- Jason Kenney's tweet
- News Release: Levelling the playing field in local elections
- Election bills give Albertans more democracy, less transparency and accountability.
- UCP says Bill 29 will level playing field for local elections, NDP says it opens Alberta’s democracy up to ‘dark money’
- New bill removes limits on donations to trustee, municipal candidates in Alberta
- Edmonton school trustee resigns over comments about refugee students
- Motion to remove police resource officers from Edmonton public schools narrowly defeated
- News Release: Edmonton first major Canadian municipality to eliminate parking minimums
- News Release: City reinstates EPark fees
- News Release: Turf maintenance to improve citywide
- Edmonton city council to reconsider e-bike rebate if motion passes
What is Speaking Municipally?
Taproot Edmonton presents a weekly discussion on key stories in municipal politics. We pay attention to City Council so you don't have to! Join us as we delve into conversations about the context surrounding decisions made at City Hall.