Let's get ready to rumble! It's that time of year when we head to Las Vegas with 50,000 of our closest friends for the biggest AWS event of the year: re:Invent.
Five days long, with more than 2,500 sessions, taking place in 6 huge venues spread over 2.5 miles, re:Invent is a heavyweight of a conference. If you don't plan ahead, re:Invent will take you down in a TKO.
In this episode of Mobycast, Jon and Chris are in your corner, breaking down this year's event with the tips, tricks and secrets you need to make the most of re:Invent.
In this episode, we cover the following topics:
- AWS re:Invent general overview
- December 2nd thru December 6th
- 2,500+ sessions, spread over 6 venues, spanning 2.5 miles of the Las Vegas Strip
- Discuss the 4 primary types of content and the pros/cons of each
- Sessions, chalk talks, workshops and builders sessions
- Our general observations of themes to expect this year
- Hint: Kubernetes is hot
- We point out some of the sessions we are particularly looking forward to
- re:Invent is not all work, you get to play too
- Other parties and where to find them
- Our predictions for new product/service announcements at re:Invent 2019
- We also talk about Apple's recent launch of a new MacBook Pro (goodbye butterfly keyboard!)
- AWS re:Invent
- AWS re:Invent Twitter feed
- AWS re:Invent 2019 - How to re:Invent YouTube channel
- Startup Central is Headed to re:Invent!
- A Cloud Guru Guide to re:Invent
- Linux Academy Guide to re:Invent
- Las Vegas Monorail
- Unofficial - re:Invent Parties Twitter feed
- Unofficial - List of AWS re:Invent Conference and Vendor Parties
- Apple launches 16-inch MacBook Pro with 6 speakers and 'Magic Keyboard'
What is Mobycast?
A Podcast About Cloud Native Software Development, AWS, and Distributed Systems