In this episode I talk with Mary Walter Brown. Mary is the CEO of the News Revenue Hub. We talk about the important work they're doing at The Hub, and get into a lot of strategies and advice that publishers can use to generate more revenue and thrive in a financially challenging era.
In this show we go over:
- The crucial difference between subscription and membership
- How to tell if you're ready to launch a membership program
- How audience development is crucial for growing loyalty and how to do it right
- Using data to grow your email list
- How modal windows are a smart choice for publishers
- Converting subscribers to members
- The key psychological factors that make membership a success
- Using welcome sequences to tell your brand story
- Are paywalls right for you?
- How to increase retention and reduce churn
- Measuring success in membership
- How startups can bake in membership from the beginning
Check out this in depth write up based on the interview!
What is Digital Media Growth Podcast?
The Digital Media Growth Podcast features leaders and experts in digital publishing - helping you stay on top of key industry trends while growing your audience and revenue. We interview experts each week who’ll cover how to deal with platforms, engage your readers, drive subscriptions and reader revenue and find new innovative ways to monetize. Brought to you by MobiLoud - the easiest way for publishers to create powerful native mobile apps.