How do you understand the importance of feeling uncomfortable in spaces that are unknown? We talking about exploring the awkward, indigenous pedagogy, and the power of storytelling on this episode of #InVinoFab
“I’m going to make mistakes, and I’m going to get things wrong. That’s going to happen. So I’ve got to learn how to apologize and learn how to make it right, and how to move it forward.” ~Lesley on not being right, but getting it right how we center stories and knowledge.
- ACPA 2016 Conference: Conferencing with a Baby
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
- Indigenous pedagogy: Storytelling
- Research is Ceremony: Indigenous Research Methods by Shawn Wilson
- Native Land https://native-land.ca/
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Unceded Land
- “Dish With One Spoon Territory”
- Reframing climate change as a story of human evolutionary success
- Empowering the Spirit: Educational Resource to Support Reconciliation
- We need to talk about social media
- The biggest problem with feminism today—and how to fix it
- The #InVinoFab Pod REPLAY Episode #22: Sista Circles Research
- The intersectionality wars
- Colonized Classrooms: Racism, Trauma and Resistance in Post-Secondary Education by Sheila Cote-Meek
- Decolonizing and Indigenizing Education in Canada Edited by Sheila Cote-Meek, Taima Moeke-Pickering
- Living in Indigenous Sovereignty by Elizabeth Carlson-Manathara With Gladys Rowe
- When Aboriginal and MétisTeachers use Storytelling as an Instructional Practice [PDF]
- Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline
- Inniskillin - Try their icewines
- Niagara Ice Wine Festival
- Subscribe to #InVinoFab podcast on Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you catch your pods.
- Follow us on Twitter @InVinoFab or IG: @invinofab
- Email us to be a guest or share a topic suggestion? email@example.com
- Connect with your co-hosts (she/her) on Twitter: @laurapasquini & @profpatrice
What is The #InVinoFab Podcast?
The #InVinoFab Podcast uncorks to share stories about women+, wine, and work through personal stories. In Vino Fabulum, means: In Wine, Story! Co-hosts @ProfPatrice & @LauraPasquini bring different voices and ideas to the pod to challenge, learn, and engage listeners for issues and ideas impacting women in their communities and at work. These narrative episodes are delightfully paired with interesting projects, workplace experiences, helpful learning anecdotes, and creative discoveries for how women live today. Listen to the podcast and join the conversation at @InVinoFab (Instagram & Twitter).