During this time of prayer, Herbie Newell identifies how we can pray for Lifeline's counseling ministry and the lives it impacts.
During this time of prayer, Herbie Newell identifies how we can pray for Lifeline’s counseling ministry and the lives it impacts.
- Pray that God would draw each of the families currently served in counseling closer to Himself and provide the ultimate healing that therapy cannot provide.
- Pray for our current therapists at Lifeline: Angela, Ashley, Whitney, & Kim – Pray for our therapists to have clarity in how to approach each family, seeing into the heart of each issue.
- Pray that parents in counseling will be willing and able to understand the aspects of their histories that impact their present interactions.
- Pray for an internationally adopted child who is still struggling with violent outbursts 4 years after coming home. Ask the Lord to provide rest and confidence this child’s parents and siblings.
- Pray that families can see past their immediate circumstances to the eternal significance of what they are doing in parenting children from hard places.
- Pray that moms who bear the brunt of their children’s anger will know how to love and parent in confidence from the Lord.
- For clarity and discernment as we continue insurance billing and new software programs.
- Pray for shame that is often pervasive in parents and children. Pray that God will speak truth that will revolutionize their view of themselves.
- Pray for the strengthening of marriages for our couples in therapy.
- Pray that the intensive therapy program will become known and helpful to families who need it, and that families will be able to fund this type of therapy.
- Pray that families who need help will reach out and find Lifeline’s counseling services.
- Pray that God will increase empathy and compassion in families loving kids from hard places.
- Praise God for the families He has brought to the counseling department and the work that He has accomplished in each so far.
- Praise God for the hope He provides to our staff and families!
- Praise the Lord for the growth of our counseling department including staff, families served, materials, trainings, etc.
- Praise the Lord for a 5 yo who is doing well. Praise God for her resilience and for stable people that God has placed in her life.
What is The Defender Podcast?
The Defender Podcast is a ministry of Lifeline Children's Services where we seek to equip the body of Christ to manifest the gospel to vulnerable children and families. We hope this podcast will provide encouragement, inspiration, and ways to connect with others who have a heart for the orphan.