How do we think about ourselves and the communities we move into? Sonya Mann and Henry continue a chat about the nature of conversion: about using jargon within a community, individuation, and transformation. Topics include the tools of a worldview, flavors of faith, the good of questions, essence and discovering yourself, hierarchies of reality, interwoven histories. (Recorded in September) Transcript: https://hopeinsource.com/essence.
Part 1: https://hopeinsource.com/reconversion
Support Sonya's writing and zines at https://www.sonyasupposedly.com/membership!
- [00:00] Microsoft Word as Worldview
- [7:16] The Legitimacy of Questioning
- [12:16] More Porous Than We Think
- [14:23] Individuation
- [17:49] The Grafting of our Identity
- [20:03] Interwoven Stories
- [22:51] Emergent Bodies
- [25:01] The Language of Discovery
- [30:13] Extensions of the Body
- [40:22] Agreeing to Disagree
What is Hope in Source?
What are the parallels between faith and open source software? Join Nadia Eghbal and Henry Zhu for an off-the-cuff conversation between friends. Check out hopeinsource.com and nadiaeghbal.com/public-faith for the backstory