Have you ever wondered why it’s so darn hard to remember what happened in your last meeting?
Or why it’s so difficult to change? Or learn a new skill?
It comes down to your brain, which was designed about 10,000 years ago.
A brain that was meant to escape lions and tigers, not one meant to deal with a fast-moving and modern society.
When your brain feels like it’s in fight/ flight/ freeze mode, it is extremely difficult to be productive and creative. Both, of which, are important to a healthy personal and professional life.
This episode is jam packed with tips, tricks and stories of how we can all reduce stress and level up both our personal and professional lives.
And who doesn’t need that right now?
Many people think that the brain stops changing by the age of 25, but that’s actually not true. By just using brain training and going 4% out of our own comfort zone, we can be more creative and productive.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How to become more creative and productive by calming the fight/ flight/ freeze brain mechanism
- Why having fun creates magic in your brain (and you shouldn’t feel guilty about it)
- Why being encouraged to fail leads to success
- Why going 4% out of your comfort zone is the sweet spot for creativity and performance
- How to calm hard criticism and defensiveness with “cozy” words
- How to get in “flow” to turn off the inner critic and reduce stress
What is Playing the Long Game?
Welcome to Playing the Long Game, a show that's dedicated to helping B2B companies create long-lasting customer relationships.
Playing the Long Game is about being human and leading with empathy through every touchpoint in the customer journey, both human and digital.
I want to inspire you to think of buyers and customers as people, not as just a number. In each episode, I will bring you conversations with leading business professionals and experts who share tips, stories and advice on how to create long-lasting customer relationships through every step of the customer journey.
Whether you’re on an internal team, in sales, marketing or service, this podcast can be your masterclass to learning everything you need to connect and build trust with your customers.