Nick and Traci separate myth from reality on the topic of hypnosis and discuss what clinical hypnosis can actually be useful for.
- Common misconceptions about hypnosis
- What is hypnosis, exactly?
- Hypnosis vs Positive Visualization, Flow, and Mindfulness
- What does hypnosis actually feel like?
- What is a hypnotic trance?
- Everyday trances
- For Love of the Game
- Hypnosis and healthy behavior change
- What is hypnosis especially useful for?
- Hypnosis for smoking cessation
- Nick’s unconscious self-hypnotic inductions
- Holly Forester-Miller — Surgery video (a bit graphic!)
- Self-hypnosis for confidence and public speaking
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Traci Stein’s self-hypnosis audio programs
You can follow Traci online here:
If you enjoyed this episode of Minds&Mics and want to get notified whenever new episodes are released, you can join Nick's free weekly newsletter here →
What is Minds and Mics?
Psychologist Nick Wignall interviews experts in the fields of psychology, mental health, and human potential to better understand how the mind works and how we can make it work for us to improve our lives in practical, meaningful ways.