If your inability to maintain your intimate relationship with your partner is one of the bumps on your road to divorce, then you need to keep listening... because today we’re taking on one of the big ones: your sex life with author and specialist Dr. Janet Williams.
If your ability to maintain your intimate relationship with your partner is one of the bumps on your road to divorce, then you need to keep listening because today we’re taking on one of the big ones: your sex life.
Dr. Janet Williams is a specialist in obstetrics and gynecology and member of the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health. And, as the author behind Why Don't I Like Sex Anymore: The Grown Woman’s Guide to Getting Your Groove Back and Claiming Your Truth, she’s just the right voice to help guide us through reclaiming balance in our sexual relationship.
Sex is a bio-psycho-sociological connection. It’s completely normal for interest in sex to ebb and flow through a couple’s life together. The real question, as Dr. Williams explains, is why. What is your orgasm gap, the difference in your relative levels of joy from sexual interaction? There is no normal but instead a range of behaviors and physiological reasons why some people may be drawn to certain things. Your goal, to rebuild your level of intimacy, is to discover why you have a desire-libido mismatch.
Links & Notes
- Get the book!
- Check out Janet’s Intimate Wellness Shop
- Schedule a consult with Seth
- Got a question you want to ask on the show? Click here!
- (00:00) - Welcome to How to Split a Toaster
- (00:28) - Introducing Dr. Janet Williams
- (02:34) - When you fall out of love with sex
- (06:12) - Are you bringing sex up to your attorney?
- (07:59) - Sex and Communication: Bio-Psycho-Social
- (17:10) - What's getting in the way of arousal
- (20:10) - Sponsor: Soberlink
- (23:07) - Learning to talk about sex
- (25:11) - About the Book
- (29:46) - Self-care
- (32:58) - Learn More
Creators & Guests
What is How to Split a Toaster: A Divorce Podcast About Saving Your Relationships?
Seth Nelson is a Tampa based family lawyer known for devising creative solutions to difficult problems. In How to Split a Toaster, Nelson and co-host Pete Wright take on the challenge of divorce with a central objective — saving your most important relationships with your family, your former spouse, and yourself.