Junior to Senior with David Guttman
David and Pirijan discuss good communication, when to prioritize performance, and having empathy for the user.
- Communicating well
- The cycle of learning new things
- When to prioritize performance
- Clean code
- Empathy for the user
- “This is a new challenge and it's hard. It becomes a lot shorter. - P
- “I think people optimize for what's going to look pretty...vs. what's going to look like a real instrument” - P
- “You're still keeping performance in mind, but you're not being hyper about it.” - P
- “There's also the speed of how the user perceives it. The perception of speed.” - P
- “Sometimes going too hard in the weeds makes code pretty gnarly.” - P
- “...if you make something easier, fundamentally you have exponentially more people doing that.” - P
- “Kinopio is, I guess, what I like to call a spatial thinking tool for new ideas and hard problems.” - P
What is Junior to Senior with David Guttman?
A weekly show for ambitious devs who want to take their career to the next level.