On this episode of The Productivityist Podcast, Joey Cofone, the co-founder and CEO of Baron Fig, joins the show. Baron Fig is a company that started as a Kickstarter project which has evolved into a brand that designs and offers inspiring products to thinkers such as writers, illustrators, and entrepreneurs around the world.
- Point, don't plan: How to set goals, let them go, and keeping impostor syndrome and comparison at bay (02:18)
- The Beginnings of Baron Fig: From a notebook idea at a Thai restaurant to selling nearly 10,000 notebooks in 30 days and now taking over my life (06:46)
- Creating a design-oriented notebook and building a thinker company (11:45)
- Digital vs Analog: What is the best tool for the job and why is a notebook still the best tool for thinking (15:02)
- The freedom and restriction that apps tend to bring (19:29)
- Rooting for digital tools and integrating new styles in paper products (22:09)
- Guided editions including James Clear's The Clear Habit Journal: the next evolutionary step for people intimidated by the blank page (24:49)
- Balancing digital and analog tools in developing ideas simultaneously (29:15)
- Why Joey supplanted the Nomad sticky notes with the Strategist note cards (31:06)
- Good ideas come from anywhere: Talking to 500 thinkers around the world for feedback (33:07)
“Design is integrated into everything that I do and how I look at the world. And I don’t think it was something that I chose, it’s how I grew up, being very nitpicky and detail-oriented. And in design, it just seem that that is what I should do with this. So, when we started Baron Fig, we’re very much design-oriented.” ~ Joey Cofone
- Baron Fig
- Horizontal Themes: Maintaining Time, Making Time, and Musing Time
- Notion App
- Patrick Rhone’s Sensible Defaults
- James Clear's Clear Habit Journal
- Why You Need Atomic Habits with James Clear
- How Did This Get Made?
- Michael Hyatt
- Adam Kornfield
- How I Built This with Guy Raz
- Nomad Sticky Notes
- Strategist Dot Grid Index Cards
- Joey Cofone's Website
- @joeycofone on Twitter
- @joeycofone on Instagram
- Joey Cofone on Facebook
Thanks for listening and always supporting the show. Until next time!
What is The Productivityist Podcast: A Time Management and Personal Productivity Talk Show?
Hosted by productivity strategist Mike Vardy, The Productivityist Podcast is a weekly show that discusses tips, tools, tactics, and tricks that are designed to help you take your productivity, time management, goals, to do lists, habits, and workflow to new heights - both at work and at home. If you're looking to focus your efforts on getting the right things done and start living the good life, then this weekly conversational podcast – crafted in the tradition of Slate's Working, Back to Work, and HBR IdeaCast – is for you.