The recidivism rate in US prisons is among the world's highest. Yet if ex-cons get a better start, everybody wins. Listen to Zachary Babcock share a business idea that reduces recidivism while creating new employees with strong character and work ethic.
- Learning to set and achieve goals has been the single most important skill Zachary has developed.
- The label of “ex-con” does significant damage. There can be a lot of value in rebranding after going through a certification process as we’ve outlined.
- Get the “right people on the bus then figure out where to drive out” - Jim Collins concept.
- Follow the “Learn. Do. Teach.” model for success.
- Save money, and do good: there’s a tax cut for companies that hire convicted felons.
- Research how much prisons cost taxpayers.
- To promote and grow, invite coaches, entrepreneurs to speak in prisons.
- Create a platform for online course creators to share their content within prisons.
- Create a business forecast for how much money this will save society, and come up with very specific numbers on how this program could increase government revenues.
- Create a vetting process to choose the best, most committed participants for this program.
- Teach goal setting as a basic first step and then create categories to funnel people into training in line with their strengths.
- Start with one ex-convict and do your best. Build on their success.
- If you’re currently in prison, read Man’s Search for Meaning and write a reflection of what you’ve learned from it.
- Invite successful graduates to evangelize and recruit others within prisons.
- Investigate how Ghost was built as a successful business-like non-profit.
- Create a franchise model with smaller branches getting a stamp of approval from the larger organization.
What is Run With It - Business Ideas from Successful Entrepreneurs?
Successful CEOs have plenty of new business ideas. Aspiring entrepreneurs are in need of them. Run With It bridges this gap, bringing you business ideas and action steps from established entrepreneurs. Follow through and you can earn a free mentoring session with our guest, and potentially, a new business partnership.