Welcome to the Soul Touched by Dogs Podcast, the show for dog lovers who see dogs not as toys or tools, but wise souls worth our respect and care. I'm an Herrmann, and I'm your host. I talk to poor some humans, people who do great work for dogs and their people. So come and join us for today's conversation.
Anke: Hello and welcome Daniel, I'm excited to have you here today.
Daniel: Hello Anke, it's great to be here and hello everyone listening.
Anke: So before we Dig into the very juicy topic that we have today. Uh, give people like a two minute, like people who don't know you, give people a bird's eye view, you know, what's the day job, you know, how do the locks
Daniel: fit in. Okay, so, so For the last 20, 25 years, I've been teaching intuition and honing my own intuition and working with my wife, Sonja, to, to share what is intuition, what's possible with intuition, how do we heighten it, how do we grow it and where can we go with it? And with this intuitive ability, and I'll share a bit more in a sec, you know, we've been able to tap into the answers that lie within us. We've been able to connect to the body's intelligence and understand what it needs, why it's sick, what it will need to recover. We've been able to tap into, um, business as well. And we've been able to tap into animals and connect to the intelligence and consciousness of animals. So our intuitive abilities is really... Um, about going from the thinking mind into using more of our brain. And actually perceiving energy and feeling that energy for information. All energy is information. We as people are beaming out energy and everything in this universe is beaming out energy. And when we become sensitive enough, we can feel that energy and we can feel it as knowledge, as wisdom, as truth. It's kind of like Anke, you know, you walk into a house, you walk into somebody's house and you can feel, you know, sometimes you feel, is there really an argument? You know, has there been something good happen or bad happen? So that's how intuitive sensitivities, we're feeling energy. You know, you could sit in the car with your spouse, you can feel if they're angry at you or if something's gone wrong. Well, that's really the very beginning of heightened intuition or heightened sensitivity. And we've just taken it to the point where we can go beyond, is it a good mood or a bad mood or an argument? We can actually go in to feel what's the body saying, what's the mind saying, what's in the subconscious mind and, and what's an animal saying. So using it for communicating or talking to animals. So that's a
Anke: little bit about what we've been doing. I mean, that's a whole other topic. Like I think I can kind of, yeah, I think I want you back for a lot more things, but, but, In your experience, what stops people from, I guess, because we all have it, right? But most of the time I feel like we kind of feel the nudge, but then we don't trust it because the logical mind can't catch up and you kind of can't make sense of it. So you don't trust it. Is that like, what's the biggest thing that stops people from really... Different people
Daniel: have different people. Yeah, different people have different blockages. I'll share a few that we've encountered. Some of them are religious, so kids that are brought up in a religious environment and they get told off as kids, don't you believe in spirits or ghosts or intuition or any of that stuff, you know, that's the work of, you know, something nasty. So children have this fear in them and whenever they feel the intuitive messages or visions or feelings, um, they immediately shut it down. Another blockage that we find is as children, because as children are the most sensitive, so this is where that experience comes from. Um, some children have been so open when they were young and they may have had a scary experience and they realise, I don't want to see that, um, or they've shared a message, an intuitive message with a parent or an adult and the adult's just gone slam, don't you tell me that kind of message, how dare you say that, because they can be quite confronting. So there are a couple of examples. Um, other blockages are, you know, this whole orientation to, if it's not my mind, if it's not science, if it's not the physical, then it's not real. So the mind and society and the belief systems that we've inherited over generation has pulled a bit of a trick on us. It's tricked us to believe that what's in the mind is real. And what's in intuition isn't. But it's actually, ironically, the complete opposite. What's in the mind isn't real, because it's made up of beliefs and thoughts and they're not real. They don't have the same substances, whereas the intuition is coming from a higher space, a higher consciousness, um, that has wisdom and truth. And it's, it's actually coming from the very intelligence of the universe, where mother nature and our life force and creation has come from. So. You know, there are some of the big blockages there. Not
Anke: that. So with animals in particular, I mean, it kind of like, it feels like, yeah, it feels more than natural language, right? To sort of communicate with animals because like they don't speak English or German. We don't really speak dog, you know? So I think on that energetic level, because that's the thing, like they always, people always say, Oh, you can, you know, a dog can feel when you're, when you're scared. Yeah, they can, you know, and there's a, there's um, uh, James French in the UK. He has the trust technique and he goes, well, that also works the other way around. If you're calm and peaceful, your dog will pick up on it. So it's like, how do you work with, or how do you, I'm also curious how you teach that stuff. Like how do
Daniel: you get somebody to relax? I'll start with your first comment, which is yeah, animals, um, they're not bogged down with belief systems and societal conditioning. They're just natural feeling beings and they can feel our energy, our thoughts, our stresses. They take on a lot of our stresses and that's the natural way. I mean, if you've ever, you know, natural horsemanship, if you're familiar with that is where people are riding horses based on how they're thinking, intending and all of that and horses feel that and that to me is just remarkable. But it shows what's possible. Dogs are the same, cats are the same. We all know they get nervous if there's spirits or any weird energies around. Um, so it is the natural way for us to communicate because an animal is, is conscious. And consciousness is an energy, a frequency, and they beam that out. And when we're sensitive enough and open enough, we can feel and perceive what their intentions. So this, this language of thoughts or intentions and feelings. That's the language of the universe. It's the language of soul, spirit, um, and it's how, um, life forms all over, uh, communicate. Human beings are a bit slow on that one because we're very in the mind and the mind makes it nearly impossible to feel that kind of energy. So
Anke: if you have a dog in front of you, you know, like, so how do you get started? Like, how does that
Daniel: work? Okay. So one of the things that we teach in, in our courses at Intuition Wisdom is you have to still the mind. If you've got a very active mind and it's full of chatter, that's a much louder noise or frequency than that of intuition. Intuition is quite subtle, but we haven't really been trained, you know, when we're kids. We're always listening for the loudest thing. Mom and dad's yelling. The teachers are yelling. We're trained for loud, right? So, and that drowns out intuition. So we teach people how to immediately get themselves in a nice, clear mind space, an ego, what we call it, an ego free space. And then you start opening yourself up and you're relaxing into it and you start, the next phase is really teaching people how to trust A feeling, a message, you know, because we're not, you know, we, we kind of get these feelings, we dismiss them. That's not real. That's not loud like the mind. So there's, there's, there's a process that we take people through. It's very simple and it starts with the quiet mind. It starts with the trusting and over time, the more you trust these messages, these feelings, then it gets stronger and you trust them or it gets stronger and stronger. So if I'm sort, if I'm wanting to connect to an animal. I have a lot of self belief because I've been teaching it for so long, so I trust that I can do it. And that's one of the things that gets taught is. Well, one of the key ingredients with intuition is you have to have self belief. You have to trust. You have to be able to believe that you can do it. So I, I, after all these years, I can just go into that space. And once I'm in that space, um, I'm starting to feel What this animal is trying to say or not say. So I'm connecting with that. I do that with people. I do that with animals. I do that with all kinds of things. And that, that's a bit of how I would do it, but we can, we can do it. If you've got your dog handy and you want to have a bit of a play.
Anke: What do you mean? He's just sort of, where is he now? Hang on. Is he somewhere? Oh, he's right down here. I was looking for him because he was over here for a second ago. And he's. Can you hear him
Daniel: growl? I don't know. He's coming. Hello. He's bigger than I was expecting. And that's the smallest one I have. What's his name? Kite. What is it? Kite.
Anke: Kite? Kite. C A I T E. Kite.
Daniel: Okay, okay. Male, boy dog. Beautiful. Is that a Spanish name or a German name?
Anke: Oh, that's actually a German name. I had some funny experiences in Germany where we'd call the dog and people would turn around because that was their kid's name.
Daniel: Oh, really? It's a kid's name. Anke, his name
Anke: is because he's from, you know, like Cardiff and then over here, like the, the consonants that get dropped. So if you're from Cardiff, oh, you're so the guy. That's really where the name comes from.
Daniel: All right. Should we talk to Kay? Let's talk to him. Okay. So I, I was just connecting into him just that second, and he's showing me in his energy, how this is. So I can show you what I'm feeling. I can tell you how I'm receiving the message. So he's showing me in two ways. He's communicating in two ways. One is he's giving me words, so I can, I'm actually hearing words. And the other is he's showing me pictures, okay. So actually there's a third way, he's actually giving me a feeling. So when you get intuitive messages, They're, they're not like human language. They're not just words, you know, intuitive messages in the way the universe talks to us is, is unmistakable. It's like feelings, words, pictures, everything all at once. So you can, you understand it. So Kay's message to me was straight away, I'm very lazy. I'm very lazy. I just want to chill. Mommy doesn't always let me chill. I just want to chill. That's the first message. I'm just, it's just like, oh, I just want to do nothing. That's, that's, that's the first one.
Anke: That's funny because that's kind of true because he's my little office shadow and I usually leave him alone. He just, that's why I didn't even know where he was because he's either in his bed or he is, he moves position every now and then. But he's usually like, he sits through the longest meetings. He doesn't... Yeah.
Daniel: He doesn't want to do anything. He's just like, I'm just so lazy. I'm just so lazy. He just keeps saying it. I'm just so lazy. It reminds me of my son. My son's exactly the same energy. Um, and it's just like, really? Why? Why are you up again? Why are you walking? He's like, why are you walking around the house again, mom? What, what are you doing that for? What'd you get up for? Can't you just sit still? Because when you get up, he's showing me that he's almost got this guilt, like, I should follow her, but I don't want to. Yeah, it's so funny because he's like, as a dog, you have instincts. Instincts to protect your owner. Instincts to follow your owner. Instincts to look what's in front of your owner. He's showing me, like, a head of the owner, and he's like... Yeah, but really, every time she gets up, I should do those things. I wish she'd just sit down. It's really funny.
Anke: I actually love hearing that because, like, when I think back of, like, his story, like how he came, he had, like, a very sort of, well, he was taken away from some guy who was actually trying to kill him as a puppy. You know, so and he was super stressed, like for years we lived in in the center of Granada and like lots of he's super sensitive, like, you know, you sometimes feel like, you know, when humans grow up in this violent, kind of unsafe environment, they get this hypersensitive and he is like that, like the tiniest thing and he'll be like, you know, and he was always on edge, like, and for me to hear that, because it's my impression too, that like, since we moved here and environment is calm. He's like, oh, finally I can relax. Like so much more. Like he's, he's so much, he's chilled now in a way that he never was like for years. Because when we're living in, in, you know, in the historic part of, of, of Granada, where, you know, you have the door here, people would park, walk past right here, there were cats and bikes. And it was like, on edge all the time. And so literally, like, to be honest, I moved away from there for the dogs because it was just not, you know, it's like, this is not fair. Right. And so moved away more. And now it's like really calm and peaceful. And so he obviously loves Satie.
Daniel: Yeah. Ah, it's like a lullaby to him. It sedates him, calms him. And, um, that's why it's really hard when you get up and walk around. It's like, um, like. It's almost like being half asleep. It's like, really? I've got to get up? No, no. It's so much like my son. It's hilarious. I remember saying exactly the same. Yeah,
Anke: that's funny. That's funny. Yeah. I mean, it's, it's, for me, it's beautiful to hear. Like, you know, it's the impression I have of him because you also notice a hugely different length when I'm walking with him now. It's just a relaxed look where it used to be this like, oh my god, you know, there's people and he was also the one who would sometimes like randomly bark at people, you know, because you could like, I always thought like he picks up on the energy when there's some somebody kind of like a little You know, we feel a little uncomfortable and in the space it was, there was like not a lot of space where you could just cross the road. So the, you know, like one arm length here and there, that was like the main road, you know, everything else was narrower than that. So there was like, people would come into his space all the time and he'd react, you know, like he didn't, he didn't sort of throw himself at people, but he would bark at them and he didn't like them. Very pronounced with him. Yeah.
Daniel: Well, if you've got any questions. If you've got any questions that you'd like me to ask him, or if you want me to see what else he'd like to say, either way, I'll go wherever you want.
Anke: Yeah, I would love to, I would, see, I would love to know whether, you know, he's 12 years old now, you know, I'd love to know whether he's got any eggs and pens that, as a good dog, he tries
Daniel: to hide from me. Well, he was showing me, the first thing he was showing me, the early childhood had strained him a lot. It strained him of his life force, um, and now that he can be less... He's kind of hyper vigilant and on edge. He can just relax, um, and that's conserving a lot of energy. Is there any aches and pains? Um, he's worried about leaving you, like when he's got, when he's time to go, he's worried about leaving you. Um, can I see any aches? He's not showing me, he's kind of showing me, like he's not going on this bit hurts and this bit hurts. He's showing me there's an overall nearly arthritis kind of sensation through. Showing me red through his, his, um, through the top of his body. It's like an outline of red. He's showing me it's, it's a little bit achy, but nothing severe. But it's, it's there, but it's not like, he's kind of saying, I don't want to complain to you, mum. Don't worry, it's fine. There is a little bit of redness he's showing me, inflammation, but it's not like, I don't want to worry you kind of thing.
Anke: You see, that's, that's the piece where I'm thinking, yeah, I know, you're a dog, like, if it hurts, you won't tell me, like, you know, how they kind of, you know, animals always like, well, it's not safe to admit that you're not well, you know, they kind of try and hide it.
Daniel: He, he's saying to me, he's like... If you worry about him, you will change the relationship. Um, if it, if you're like, Oh my God, he needs help, he's in danger. All of a sudden you have tense energy. You are now looking at him differently. You're not looking at him lovingly. You're looking at him with sympathy, with, with pity. Um, he's like, I don't want to change the dynamic. I like what we have. I don't want you to pity me. I don't want you to feel sorry for me. Even on my dying days, I don't want that. I want you, I want to go off with this memory of you looking at me with love in your eyes. That's it. Because what he's showing me is really interesting. He's saying, um, not saying, but he's showing me is like, a dog is to serve a person. Okay. So the minute they become a burden, it becomes very confusing for them. It's, it's the opposite of their program, if you were, their instinct, their natural instinct is to be of service. And when they now are needing you to be of service to them, it messes with their, um, I just want to say psychology. It's like, hang on, you're not meant to be helping me. I'm here to help you. So he, he's like, even in my dying day, don't give me this burdensome energy that I'm a drain, I'm taxing. Because that's not joyous to me. Joy for an animal is... Have I cheered you up today? Have I made your day better? Um, have I made you smile? Have I gotten you outside the house and thinking about something other than making money? You know, all your stresses, that gives them joy that they're brightening your day. So that's his, that's his big messages. Don't give me confused messages.
Anke: Yeah, I mean, that's the things I'm not like, it's just sort of when I think, well, if I knew that there was sort of something I could, you know, maybe there would be something, but, but, you know, he's fine. Like I'm, I love the way he is now because he's so much more chilled and so much more laid back that like the way he never was for many years, you know? So it's really, I mean, you know, obviously I've learned to, you know, relate to him in different ways and, and understand because I think when he was. young there was also you know there was quite a like with him being sort of like on edge like it's like tightly strong like you know walking him was a giant pain in the butt like he'd be pulling like crazy and then you've got everybody else telling you no you shouldn't use a harness and this and that and there was like a That was sort of the energy. And it gets frustrating, you know, when for God's sake all I wanted was a peaceful war kind of thing, you know, and there was a lot of frustration building up, you know, until I understood that he wasn't trying to be difficult, that he was just Like he felt that tension and that he was super sensitive. The moment I understood, well, actually my job is to help him relax and I'm doing a crappy job at it. You know, that's when it's like, okay, let's move somewhere else. Let's, you know, and looking at everything through the lens of how can I help my dog relax has made like. 180 percent like degree different, you know, to, because then you look at him pulling, not at like, oh my God, why can't I have a peaceful walk? It's like, okay, you know, you're stressed, you're tense. Let's do something different, right? And for me to calm myself down and that's what, you know, obviously they pick, he'd pick up on me, but I'm really looking at it through the lens to say, well, my only job is helping relax made like all
Daniel: the difference. Yeah. And that's what he's showing me. It's like, if you just be calm around me. He will echo that calm, like magnify it. And so you, you get caught up into it as well and, and, and, um, calm by it. But yeah, is there any other questions or you're all good? I'm, I'm
Anke: good. I'm really pleased. You know, I'm pleased that he's chilled and calm and, you know, and just sort of enjoying rather than being on edge and on guard. So that's like, yeah, it makes me feel really happy.
Daniel: There you go.
Anke: He totally
Daniel: deserves it. Yeah, so that's how we do it. We can all, we all have the ability to open up to our intuition. It takes some practice, it takes some belief. And it takes trust. But we all have it where our brain and our body are naturally wired to picking up energy as information. And when we're in a quiet state, we can, we can feel and perceive a lot more than when we have a busy, noisy mind. So, yeah.
Anke: So where can people, if somebody goes, Oh, I want to be able to kind of. You know, talk to my dog like that. So where can they go and
Daniel: find out more? Yeah. Thank you. Well, come to our website, intuitionwisdom. com. That's intuitionwisdom. com. We do a whole range of training, which is, um, beginning with how to access your own intuition and heighten that. Uh, and then we go into lots more depth and then we go into a practitioner training. So if you're wanting to work with animals, talk to animals, or even work with people and help use your intuition to tap into what. It's going on inside people that they're not aware of and they can't communicate or whether it's illness or blockages or, um, you know, things not being able to go after their dreams, what's holding them back. So we have an intuition practitioner training, which is our intuitive life coach and healer training. So that's at intuitionwisdom. com. Love it.
Anke: And obviously the link will be, you know, below wherever you're watching or listening to this. So thank you. Thank you so much. And you know what, I've observed that even in our conversation, like, you know, the space got calmer and quieter as we, you know, it's really, really noticeable. Beautiful. Thank you. Thanks for coming. Oh, wonderful. And I'd love to have you back. Thank you for having me. Thanks so much for listening. If you enjoyed the episode, don't forget to subscribe, and leave a review so other dog lovers can find the show. If you haven't already, head over to soul touched by dogs. com and sign up for weekly doggy cuteness tips, recommendations, and personal stories to warm your dog loving heart. And if you know a pawsome human you think I should interview, I'd love an introduction. Email me at Anke. That's A N k E at Soul touched by dogs.com.