In this episode, Leo talks different backend technologies to use when building an iOS app or any other Apple device: when you need a cloud service, running on your own server, cloudkit, firebase, and more...
Define Whether You Do Need Cloud or Backend Services
- Privacy-Sensitive Data
- No Cloud Backups Needed
- Already Storing Using a Third Party APIs
- Example App Developed by BrightDigit - CE Genius
What To Consider When Deciding How To Store Data?
- MVP vs Enterprise
- What is an MVP? Most Viable Product
- Start With the User - Project Estimation Episode
- What Devices Does the App Support?
- How Complex is the Data and Queries?
- Are Outside Jobs Needed?
- Such as Cron Jobs, Backups, Push Notifications, etc…
- Consider Prices - Bandwidth and Storage
- Consider Developer Team’s Comfort Level
- Develop Abstracting User Experience From Data Layer
Build a Custom Web App
Mobile Backend As A Service
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.