Also: should you ask for credit card upfront? How many signups have we had since launch?
SaaS conversation rate cheatsheet:
- Visitor to trial: 0.75% - 1%
- Trial to paid: 40% - 60%
- Visitor to trial: 5%+
- Trial to paid: 8% - 20%
Transistor's conversion rates since launch:
- Total traffic since launch: 40,162 unique pageviews, 11,614 visitors
- Total new trials since launch: 32 (out of 49 active trials total)
- Conversion %(visitor to trial): 0.3% (should be 0.75% - 1%)
- Conversion %(trial to paid): 8.9% - 16.7% (should be 40% - 60%)
- July was 17.9%
- June was 29.6%
- May was 48.7%
What do you think?
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Leave a comment on CastBox, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Leave a comment on Tung.fm
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create your own podcast at transistor.fm
- Stripe Billing - “go to Stripe, and then billing menu”
- Marco's tweet - donation support for podcasts in Overcast
- Please review us in iTunes – it helps other folks find the show!
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.