Predictions for 2020
- What's happened this year.
- "You shouldn't be worried about that, but you should be worried about THIS."
- The SaaS gold rush: “Building, Owning (& possibly Selling) a profitable remote SaaS business is the new American Dream.” – Tyler Tringas
- It’s harder to get the American Dream these days. “Productivity has increased by 80 per cent, but median compensation (that's wages plus benefits) has risen by just 11 per cent during that time. The middle-income jobs of the nation's postwar boom years have disproportionately vanished. Low-wage jobs have disproportionately burgeoned.” – Harold Meyerson, 40-year slump
- More companies will take a stand on privacy: they’ll stop using Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, etc...
- Privacy-focused companies like Fathom Analytics will become more popular.
- Profitable SaaS companies + wealth founders will turn their attention to climate change
- Less open startups.
- Simon Bennett tweet: "Unfortunately, I am stopping publishing SnapShooter numbers from now on."
- Small retreats > conferences
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- Postmark. Postmark delivers your transactional email to customers on time, every time. You'll love their lightning-fast email delivery and developer-friendly features. Get one month free when you use coupon code BUILDYOURSAAS. postmarkapp.com/loves/buildyoursaas
- Clubhouse. Guess who's back? Clubhouse is the first project management platform for software development that brings everyone together. It's designed for developers, but product folks, marketing, support folks love using it. Now it's free for teams up to 10 people. clubhouse.io/build.
- Tyler Tringas tweet
- The American Prospect: 40-year slump
- Art of Product
- Bootstrapped Web
- Bootstrapping SaaS
- Bootstrapping Digest
- Product Journey
- Bright & Early
- Stripe: “Stripe’s commitment to decarbonize”
- Shopify: “We need to take action on carbon”
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on PodHunt; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for iPhone.
- Interact on WhatPods.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: email@example.com
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Eric Lima
- James Sowers with UserInput.io
- Travis Fischer
- Matt Buckley, from Nice Things
- Russell Brown
- Evandro Sasse
- Pradyumna Shembekar (PD)
- Noah Prail
- Robert Simplicio
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Shane Smith
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
- Postmark – use coupon code BUILDYOURSAAS to get a free month of sending
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.