In this quick video, Leo goes over his thoughts on 2020 and what the future holds for SwiftUI.
- Episode 22 - September 2019 Event
- Episode 19 - WWDC 2019 - Swift UI with Jason Anderson
- Episode 18 - WWDC 2019 - Apple Watch with Gary Sabo
- Specialize in helping businesses build apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- 10 years of experience developing for a variety of Apple platform
- Helping dev shops which lack experience with Apple platforms and Swift
- Do you have a product or service which can target our ever growing community of developers as well as technology and business leaders?
Maturity for the iPhone
- Unlikely to see any big hardware innovations at this point
- Maybe foldable
- Great time to get an app on here, because it’s a mature product
- 11 not a huge change from the 10 (but definite upgrade from the 8)
Apple Watch Innovation
- Waiting for some improvements to battery and processor, but this is about to become an amazing product
- Great time to think about developing an app, esp. in the health & fitness sector
iPads and the Pro App Market
- Apple Arcade shows Apple is interested in a subscription/bundle for games
- Highlighted new iPad but where are the serious pro apps
- Why having a subscription for app/games is great
- Hardware is great, but software needs to improve app ecosystem
- The App store eco system is still setup for “casual” apps for there is potent
- SwiftUI is changing the way UI is developed but slowly
- First Swift-only API (no Objective-C compatibility)
- Maybe not be ideal for some companies with different design patterns but it’s a better starting place then Storyboards and UIKit
- Cross-Platform compatible with iOS, watchOS, tvOS, and macOS
Creators & Guests
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.