In this episode, Leo talks with Zach Brass about localization, internationalization and making sure your app reaches a global audience. We also talk about all the new additions to localization from WWDC 2021 like AttributedString.
Youtube Video - https://youtu.be/2Lj21NQ3CXI
- Episode 38 - Accessibility with Kim Arnett
- Episode 92 - WWDC 2021 - Platforms State of the Union with Peter Witham
WWDC 2021 Sessions
- What's new in Foundation
- The practice of inclusive design
- Localize your SwiftUI app
- Streamline your localized strings
- What's new in SwiftUI
- What’s new in SF Symbols
- The Leading indie iOS/Mac (and watchOS, and tvOS) Developer conference
- It's all about Community and Code!
- Four days of hands-on training, amazing sessions, and the great community. All Swift.
- Available Online or In-Person
What is Localization
- What's the relationship with Internalization?
- Why does limiting yourself to English speaker hurt your app?
- What's the relationship with accessibility?
- Why you should start doing it now?
- What's the first thing you should do with your Xcode project?
- What's new with inflections from WWDC 2021?
- What's the best way to take advantage of formatters?
- How does WWDC 2021 improve formatters?
- What's Zach's biggest pet peeve with Localization tutorials?
GitHub - @brightdigit
BrightDigit - @brightdigit
Leo - @leogdion
Leo - /u/leogdion
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.