In this episode we talk with Gary Sabo about the Apple Watch post-WWDC 2019. We talk about Independent Watch Apps, Swift UI and watchOS 6, HealthKit, Fitness apps and more.
- The Leading indie iOS/Mac (and watchOS, and tvOS) Developer conference
- It’s all about Community and Code!
- Four days of hands-on training, amazing sessions, and the great community. All Swift.
- Do you have a product or service which can target our ever growing community of developers as well as technology and business leaders? Contact me today if you are interested or join our Patreon.
Thoughts on WWDC
- SwiftUI and the slow demise of Storyboards
- Gruber’s rumor about Declarite Programming
- Swift and the slow demise of Objective-C
- Github Repo on Talks
- Github Repo on SwiftUI
- You’ve been sherlocked - Operating systems
- HockeyTracker on the App Store
- Gear Towards Your Specific Audience
- Specific Activities with specific metrics
Independent Apple Watch Apps
- Why does Apple Watch apps need iPhone app counterparts?
- iPhone Counterparts of Apple Watch workout apps are for visualization
- Slow Deprecation of WatchConnectivity
- How do you syncing certain data between Apple Watch and iPhone?
- HealthKit ,StoreKit, etc…
- What’s the position of the iPhone in the future with AR and the Apple Watch?
- SwiftUI on the Apple Watch
- The new Apple Watch App Store
Where’s the Focus of the Apple Watch
- Health and Fitness - Niche Fitness
- Advanced Notifications
- Location Tracking - GPS and Indoor Positioning System (Indoor GPS)
- Accessibility and Haptic Feedback
- More Sensors in the Future?
Maturity of HealthKit
- Lacking Inability to Edit
- Apple Partnering with Health Companies
- Allowing HealthKit on iPad and macOS?
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.