Jon had a bit of anxiety about a growing backlog of new features and ideas.
- Jon had a bit of anxiety over the growing backlog in Clubhouse
- New ideas were being thrown into an unscheduled list, but weren't yet actionable.
- Some ideas can be left alone for awhile and revisited to see if they're still worthwhile.
- Ben Orenstein wants to delete your entire backlog.
- 6 week cycles like Basecamp does might help out - but what does that mean for a tiny team?
- We hit $20K in MRR in under a year!
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- ProfitWell gives you free subscription metrics for your SaaS. Just plug in your billing system (Stripe, Zuora, Braintree, Chargebee, Recurly are all supported) and get free access to your MRR, churn, cohorts. Sign up for free at profitwell.com.
- Redash is is a BI tool for people who love SQL. Connect your database, query, visualize and share your data in minutes. Mention "Build your SaaS podcast" and get 50% off your first 3 months! Sign up at redash.io
- Basecamp's new online book: Shape Up
- Ben Orenstein's tweet: "My new consulting engagement: you pay me $10,000 and I delete your project’s backlog while explaining that nothing of value has been lost."
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for iPhone.
- Leave a comment on CastBox, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Colin Gray
- Josh Smith
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea
- Miguel Piedrafita
- Shane Smith
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett
- Corey Haines
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Kevin Markham
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.