In this episode we talk with Daniel Jalkut of Red Sweater Software about what’s new in Mac Development post-WWDC 2019.
- Daniel Jalkut
- Empower Apps | WWDC 2019 - Apple Watch with Gary Sabo | Episode 18
- Empower Apps | WWDC 2019 - Swift UI with Jason Anderson | Episode 19
- Core Int | Episode 378: Hi, I make Macintosh Software
- Core Int | Episode 377: Just A Tiny Company
- Core Int | Episode 376: I Had A Vegan Quesadilla
- Talk Show with John Gruber - Episode 257 - A Real Sandwich
- Specialize in helping businesses build apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- 10 years of experience developing for a variety of Apple platform
- Helping dev shops which lack experience with Apple platforms and Swift
- Do you have a product or service which can target our ever growing community of developers as well as technology and business leaders?
- SwiftUI is the Future but is it Ready?
- SwiftUI and Pragmatic Adoption and Migration
How has Apple changed over the years?
- Apple conservative approach towards change
- Not Releasing First
What happened to Marzipan?
- Project Catalyst vs. SwiftUI
- Using SwiftUI with AppKit
- Artisanal vs Cross-Platform
- Why would a company develop using Catalyst?
- When a rewrite isn’t: rebuilding Slack on the desktop
- Is Slack in the business of writing exemplary apps?
- Pragmatism vs Art in Product Development
- How does Apple develop products?
- Leading by Design
- Would you use SwiftUI in a Brand New App?
Future of macOS
- Locking Down of macOS
- Mac App Store vs. Distributing Yourself
- How does Notarization work?
- How does Gatekeeper work?
- Apple - Making macOS more secure or more annoying
- Is Sandboxing and the 30% cut worth it for the Mac App Store?
- Speculid - Easily Manage Graphics in Xcode Projects
- FastScripts - Powerful script management utility
- Non-Consensual Software
Running an App Business
- Limits of the App Store as a Business
- How to be a successful business and build great apps?
- Build Your Saas - Hosting Costs
- Stratechery - The First Post-iPhone Keynote
- Find Where the Market Is
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.