Chatting with Marie Poulin, Oki Doki
- 3:40 – "I used to be in the 'Ra Ra! Everyone should build a web app' crowd."
- 4:18 – "Now there's this feeling that maybe everyone shouldn't start a SaaS?"
- 9:30 – When you're starting a business, there are so many dynamics you need to get right.
- 13:40 – Why so many people fail to go from zero to one in business.
- 16:20 – Why are you starting a business in the first place? What's driving you?
- 23:41 – There's a company called Tighten that gives their employees mental-health days.
- 26:00 – What is the most efficient way for you to improve your life?
- 27:00 – Sometimes folks try to make a part-time business into a full-time business.
- 33:00 – Is it possible for a business to be lucrative, easy, and fun?
- 42:00 – Having money does solve a lot of life's problems.
- Marie's super-secret Notion course
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Twitter: @buildyoursaas, @mijustin, @mariepoulin
- Leave a comment on PodHunt; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for iPhone.
- Interact on WhatPods.
- Email us: [email protected]
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Sofia Quintero
- Chris Willow
- Mason Hensley
- Borja Soler teami.io
- Ward from MemberSpace.com
- Eric Lima
- James Sowers (like Flowers) with UserInput.io
- Travis Fischer
- Matt Buckley, from NiceThings.io
- Russell Brown
- Evandro Sasse
- Pradyumna Shembekar (PD), pradyumna.dev
- Noah Prail, eventOneHQ.com
- Robert Simplicio, Simplicio.com
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith, hellosift.com
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Shane Smith, dev.transistor.fm
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett, snapshooter.io
- Michael Sitver, letterjoy.co
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis, usefathom.com
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto, thebicrowd.com
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.