No safety nets – there's going to be some injuries
- 80s trampolines
- Jon's new microphone: mic + pop filter = $65 USD
- Transistor's history:
- 💻 March 2017: first-line of code
- ✍️ Feb 2018: signed partnership docs
- ✉️ March 2018: invited first paying (beta) customers
- 🎉 Aug 2018: official launch
- 👨💻 April 2019: I go full-time [kind of] ($10k MRR)
- 👨💻 July 2019: Jon goes full-time ($19k MRR)
- Bootstrapping loneliness. What do you do when you're independent and you're not working for a big company?
- The risk of "relational churn." People you know will move away, and gradually you'll lose friendships over time.
- We're starting the 3rd week of our 6-week dev cycle (inspired by Basecamp's "Shape Up"). Justin already wants to ship it. 😜
- How we're managing new ideas / bug requests without a backlog
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- ActiveCampaign. Get the world's most advanced marketing & sales automation platform. Use the code activecampaign.com/buildyoursaas and get two months free + 2 free One-on-Ones!
- New: Honeybadger. A web developer's secret weapon! Modern error management that gives you more than an email and a backtrace. They also have an amazing podcast: FounderQuest.
- Jon's new microphone: Samson Q2U
- Brian Rhea's tweets about remote loneliness
- NPR article: "Talk to a stranger"
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on PodHunt; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for iPhone.
- Interact on WhatPods.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: email@example.com
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Travis Fischer
- Matt Buckley, from Nice Things
- Russell Brown
- Evandro Sasse
- Pradyumna Shembekar (PD)
- Noah Prail
- David Colgan
- Robert Simplicio
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Miguel Piedrafita
- Shane Smith
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett
- Corey Haines
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.