In this episode, Megan and Bill will explain what the 4 Fuhgedaboudits are and why they’re so important.
Links & Other Notes
- (00:00) - Welcome to It's All Your Fault
- (01:10) - The Four Fuhgedaboudits
- (03:55) - Choices Not Insight
- (06:11) - Don't Emphasize the Past
- (07:04) - No Emotional Confrontations
- (12:52) - Focus on Managing Your Relationship
- (13:48) - Opening Up Emotions
- (16:26) - Training Your Amygdala
- (19:00) - In the Moment
- (20:00) - Reminders & Coming Next Week: Alienation vs. Estrangement
What is It’s All Your Fault: High Conflict People?
Hosted by Bill Eddy, LCSW, Esq. and Megan Hunter, MBA, It’s All Your Fault! High Conflict People explores the five types of people who can ruin your life—people with high conflict personalities and how they weave themselves into our lives in romance, at work, next door, at school, places of worship, and just about everywhere, causing chaos, exhaustion, and dread for everyone else.
They are the most difficult of difficult people — some would say they’re toxic. Without them, tv shows, movies, and the news would be boring, but who wants to live that way in your own life!
Have you ever wanted to know what drives them to act this way?
In the It’s All Your Fault podcast, we’ll take you behind the scenes to understand what’s happening in the brain and illuminates why we pick HCPs as life partners, why we hire them, and how we can handle interactions and relationships with them. We break down everything you ever wanted to know about people with the 5 high conflict personality types: narcissistic, borderline, histrionic, antisocial/sociopath, and paranoid.
And we’ll give you tips on how to spot them and how to deal with them.