Why we’re using Ruby on Rails in 2018, and Justin's hilarious live chat experience.
You asked us:
"What's your tech stack for Transistor?"
What we recommend:
- Programming language: use what you know!
- Make sure you can connect to the community (both local and on the web)
- Hosting: use Heroku if you don’t have DevOps experience, AWS is great if you know how to configure it
- Database: MySQL is fine, we use Postgres (good community + features)
- Design framework: Semantic UI, or Bootstrap
- Repos: GitHub
- Most important: Get something running as quickly as you can (and into the hands of customers!).
- Sponsor: BulletTrain.co
- Paul Graham's "Do things that don't scale"
- Nate Kontny’s take on “should you use Rails?”
- Stripe Atlas
- DHH on Rails 5.2
- Justin’s video tutorial
- Transistor.fm on Instagram
- Transistor.fm on Twitter
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrapping in 2019?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2019? 37signals did it in 2004, and since then thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build & launch their new product: Transistor.fm.