Why we’re using Ruby on Rails in 2018, and Justin's hilarious live chat experience.
You asked us:
"What's your tech stack for Transistor?"
What we recommend:
- Programming language: use what you know!
- Make sure you can connect to the community (both local and on the web)
- Hosting: use Heroku if you don’t have DevOps experience, AWS is great if you know how to configure it
- Database: MySQL is fine, we use Postgres (good community + features)
- Design framework: Semantic UI, or Bootstrap
- Repos: GitHub
- Most important: Get something running as quickly as you can (and into the hands of customers!).
- Sponsor: BulletTrain.co
- Paul Graham's "Do things that don't scale"
- Nate Kontny’s take on “should you use Rails?”
- Stripe Atlas
- DHH on Rails 5.2
- Justin’s video tutorial
- Transistor.fm on Instagram
- Transistor.fm on Twitter
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.