Resisting oppression and resisting being an oppressor
- Who we hire
- Who we invest in
- Who we promote
- Who we chat with
- Who sees our numbers
- Who we invite to speak
- Who gets access to our platform
"It's not just about being oppressed or being an oppressor, it's about resisting oppression and resisting being an oppressor; being an ally, being an advocate for social justice." – Dr. Beverly Daniel Tatum (clip)
"You can directly impact the extent to which your organization counters historical inequity, inequality & injustice."
"How can you help? By working to dismantle a system of racism from which you reap the benefits. If you are not working to do that then you don’t actually want to help." – Kristina Daniels
Instead of Patreon shout outs, we're shouting out these causes:
- The Loveland Foundation's therapy fund.
- Diversity in Tech Patreon
- The Great Unlearning Patreon
- Podcasts in Color Patreon
Want to take the next step?
- Abadesi Osunsade is offering How to be pro-Black at work
- Rachel Rodgers is running Reimagining Small Business
- Kim Crayton is doing an event called Introduction to Being an Antiracist
Things to read, listen to, and watch:
- Peggy McIntosh's "Knapsack of Privilege"
- The podcast series, Seeing White
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- Bernice King on MSNBC
- Documentary: A time for burning, 1966
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.