A change of plans. And, Jon and Justin go over their launch strategy for Transistor.
How to build anticipation for your product launch
- Have a mailing list! Email them consistently during development.
- The week of launch you should send the following emails:
- Pre-launch announcement: "We're launching in a week!"
- Day before announcement: "The launch is tomorrow. Here's how much it will cost."
- Launch day email: "We're launched! Sign up here"
- Day after email: "You've still got time to sign up."
- Launch discount is ending email: "This is your last chance to register"
- Use services like Product Hunt, Product Hunt Ship, BetaList, to build anticipation.
- On Twitter, FB, LinkedIn, Instagram: constantly send out product updates.
Building anticipation before you launch is the most underrated tool you have for your product launch.
- Spots.fm - “what if advertising on podcasts was as easy as advertising on Facebook?”
- Taylor Otwell, creator of Laravel
- See you at Laracon!
- Video: Buddy Guy'Meet Me in Chicago' at the Hollywood Bowl 8-21-13.
- Product Hunt Ship
- Adam Wathan at MicroConf talk
- The Best Pizza in Chicago
- Chicago vs New York Hot Dogs
- Anthony Bourdain on Chicago
- We’re going to XOXO 2018!
- Transistor.fm on Instagram
- Transistor.fm on Twitter
- Jon Buda is back on Twitter: @jonbuda
- Justin Jackson on Twitter here: @mijustin
- Give us some love on Breaker, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
Check out these new shows on Transistor:
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrapping in 2019?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2019? 37signals did it in 2004, and since then thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build & launch their new product: Transistor.fm.