A change of plans. And, Jon and Justin go over their launch strategy for Transistor.
How to build anticipation for your product launch
- Have a mailing list! Email them consistently during development.
- The week of launch you should send the following emails:
- Pre-launch announcement: "We're launching in a week!"
- Day before announcement: "The launch is tomorrow. Here's how much it will cost."
- Launch day email: "We're launched! Sign up here"
- Day after email: "You've still got time to sign up."
- Launch discount is ending email: "This is your last chance to register"
- Use services like Product Hunt, Product Hunt Ship, BetaList, to build anticipation.
- On Twitter, FB, LinkedIn, Instagram: constantly send out product updates.
Building anticipation before you launch is the most underrated tool you have for your product launch.
- Spots.fm - “what if advertising on podcasts was as easy as advertising on Facebook?”
- Taylor Otwell, creator of Laravel
- See you at Laracon!
- Video: Buddy Guy'Meet Me in Chicago' at the Hollywood Bowl 8-21-13.
- Product Hunt Ship
- Adam Wathan at MicroConf talk
- The Best Pizza in Chicago
- Chicago vs New York Hot Dogs
- Anthony Bourdain on Chicago
- We’re going to XOXO 2018!
- Transistor.fm on Instagram
- Transistor.fm on Twitter
- Jon Buda is back on Twitter: @jonbuda
- Justin Jackson on Twitter here: @mijustin
- Give us some love on Breaker, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
Check out these new shows on Transistor:
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.