Also: will paid podcast feeds be a thing?
- From Jason Zook: "How much MRR is enough for Transistor?"
- From Yaz: "What do you think of this new Supercast thing that helps podcasters start a paid podcast?"
- How many people are really asking for this?
- Looking for evidence:
- "I just bought X."
- "I just started doing X."
- "I just switched from X to Y."
- "My friend uses X, so I tried it."
- "Using X, but want something like Y."
- "X is better than anything else I've tried."
- "It seems like everyone in my Slack is using X."
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- ActiveCampaign. Get the world's most advanced marketing & sales automation platform. Use the code activecampaign.com/buildyoursaas and get two months free + 2 free One-on-Ones!
- New: Honeybadger. A web developer's secret weapon! Modern error management that gives you more than an email and a backtrace. They also have an amazing podcast: FounderQuest.
- Jason Zook
- Moraware blog post
- ActiveCampaign blog
- Supercast on Product Hunt
- “Howard Stern is getting ripped off
- The Mom Test
- Seth Godin podcast episode: Meta
- Podcasting in China: myth and reality
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on PodHunt; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for iPhone.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: email@example.com
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Matt, from Nice Things
- Russell Brown
- Evandro Sasse
- Pradyumna Shembekar (PD)
- Noah Prail
- David Colgan
- Robert Simplicio
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Miguel Piedrafita
- Shane Smith
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett
- Corey Haines
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.