Should you be an "open startup?"
- New albums from DJ Shadow and Beck
- Why we aren't sharing our revenue metrics publicly anymore
- "Sometimes, you can worry more about your public image, more than actually focusing on the problem in a safe place."
- Why did Buffer stop sharing their revenue numbers?
- Three questions we ask:
- Who is this for?
- What is it for?
- How will we evaluate success?
- New podcast analytics features
- "The numbers on their own don't really mean anything."
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- Postmark. Postmark delivers your transactional email to customers on time, every time. You'll love their lightning-fast email delivery and developer-friendly features. Get one month free when you use coupon code BUILDYOURSAAS. postmarkapp.com/loves/buildyoursaas
- Clubhouse. Guess who's back? Clubhouse is the first project management platform for software development that brings everyone together. It's designed for developers, but product folks, marketing, support folks love using it. Now it's free for teams up to 10 people. clubhouse.io/build.
- New Beck album: Apple Music and Spotify
- New DJ Shadow album: Apple Music and Spotify
- Peter Suhm's tweet
- Open Startups on Baremetrics
- Why Buffer stopped sharing revenue metrics
- Listen Notes' podcast stats
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on PodHunt; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for iPhone.
- Interact on WhatPods.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: email@example.com
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Eric Lima
- James Sowers with UserInput.io
- Travis Fischer
- Matt Buckley, from Nice Things
- Russell Brown
- Evandro Sasse
- Pradyumna Shembekar (PD)
- Noah Prail
- David Colgan
- Robert Simplicio
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Shane Smith
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
- Postmark – use coupon code BUILDYOURSAAS to get a free month of sending
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.