Should we delete our backlog? Also: it's our 1-year launchiversary!
- The philosophy behind their new book Shape Up.
- Does Basecamp's approach to 6-week cycles differ for smaller teams?
- "Long projects destroy morale. When things don't ship, you get frustrated." – Jason Fried
- Why projects ship late (it's human nature).
- Why work is like a hill.
- How they make product decisions at Basecamp.
- How do you know what you should work on next?
- Why they don't believe in backlogs.
- "That feeling of 'there's nothing to do, but there's everything to do' shouldn't be happening." – Jason Fried
- "You need a system at some point. When you have two people, you can hack your way to anything. But as soon as you grow, you'll need a system." – Jason Fried
- "What we have is not a perfect system. And even if it was, we don't execute these things perfectly." – Jason Fried
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- ProfitWell's podcast Protect the Hustle has a new season!
- New sponsor: ActiveCampaign! Get the world's most advanced marketing & sales automation platform. Use the code activecampaign.com/buildyoursaas and get two months free + 2 free One-on-Ones!
- Jon's launch announcement tweet (from 2018).
- Read Basecamp's new book Shape Up.
- Jason Fried commented on this Linkedin post.
- Hill charts.
- Listen to Rework Podcast's "Shape Up Roundtable."
- Derek Sivers' new article: My old clothes don't fit
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for iPhone.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: email@example.com
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Ben from narrowr.com
- Noah Prail
- David Colgan
- Robert Simplicio
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Miguel Piedrafita
- Shane Smith
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett
- Corey Haines
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrapping in 2019?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2019? 37signals did it in 2004, and since then thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build & launch their new product: Transistor.fm.